• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5A Teams playoff teams finalized

Started by sevenof400, February 10, 2016, 12:08:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sevenof400

February 10, 2016, 12:08:09 pm Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 08:36:18 am by sevenof400
East
Girls: Batesville (1), GCT (2), Nettleton (3), Valley View (4)
Boys: Forrest City (1), Paragould (2), Valley View (3), GCT (4)

South
Girls: Watson Chapel (1), Hot Springs (2), Magnolia (3), HS Lakeside (4)
Boys: Hot Springs (1), Watson Chapel (2), Magnolia (3), Hope (4)

Central
Girls: Beebe (1), Pulaski Academy (2), Sylvan Hills (3), Jacksonville(4)
Boys: Mills (1), JA Fair (2), Pulaski Academy (3), Jacksonville (4)

West
Girls: Vilonia (1), LRCA (2), Harrison (3), Greenbrier (4)
Boys: Maumelle (1), Harrison (2), LRCA (3), Morrilton (4)

DEVIL DOG HOG

Boys West Maumelle, Morrilton, Harrison and LR Christian appear to have it locked up. Vilonia has a tough road ahead to tie.

Chief_Osceola™

February 12, 2016, 11:01:12 pm #2 Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 11:11:48 pm by Chief_Osceola™
Maumelle & Harrison boys clinched tonight.

sevenof400

MikeDiesel™

Chief_Osceola™

Vilonia's girls clinched a spot tonight. I'll have to look - they may have clinched the 1 seed too.

MikeDiesel™

GCT and Nettleton girls are now in.

so, it's just the 4th team in the East for boys and girls that is up in the air.  Seeds aren't set though.

Chief_Osceola™

I think, just by looking at the numbers, that LRC's girls have secured a playoff spot.

sportsguy80

After last night where does that leave Morrilton and Vilonia boys in the standings?

sevenof400

Quote from: sportsguy80 on February 20, 2016, 08:45:33 am
After last night where does that leave Morrilton and Vilonia boys in the standings?

Click here for a breakdown of the 5A West Boys final playoff spots.

sevenof400

Even though they did not win, that last basket by Morrilton in the final seconds of the game was huge as it flipped the head to head tiebreaker to Morrilton and secured the Devil Dogs a playoff spot.

MikeDiesel™

East boys are 1. Forrest City, 2. Paragould, and 3. Valley View.  4 seed will either be GCT or Nettleton.  Looks like GCT since Nettleton has Forrest City tomorrow.

East girls are still up in the air.  Those 3 will be seeds 1-3, but the order isn't determined yet.

MikeDiesel™

East
Boys: GCT (4)
Girls: Valley View (4)

I still don't know on the 1-3 seeds on the girls side.  I'm guessing coin flips.

Chief_Osceola™

So the loser of tonight's Maumelle/Harrison game gets PA first, and the winner gets Jacksonville.  That's a tough first game either way.  I still think it would be an advantage to get in the top bracket though, since the loser tonight would have to play PA, then probably Forrest City, then Hot Springs, whereas the winner would have Jacksonville, then either Paragould, Hope, WC, Magnolia, then potentially Mills.  This is going to be an exciting tournament.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas