• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5A West 2016 Conference Standings - Updated through 2/26 (Playoff seeds are set)

Started by Chief_Osceola™, December 09, 2015, 11:34:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Chief_Osceola™

Vilonia would be a playoff team if it were in the East or South.  The West (& Central) just happen to be very deep this year.  They would likely be at worst a 3 seed in either of those conferences.

Ponca

Quote from: sevenof400 on February 10, 2016, 08:30:01 pm
I don't recall ever seeing a four game gap between the top and bottom halves of a conference race like this since I've been following 5A basketball.

Interesting. Sat with an old guy from Farmington at Goblin game Tuesday. He said this was probably the 2nd best Farmington team he has ever seen. And Vilonia aint bad. Probably every bit as good as they were last season. Is it just that the top 4 teams have elevated to a level that hasn't been seen in the West?

Chief_Osceola™

Pretty interesting developments tonight. I'll get the scores and standings updated as soon as possible, hopefully tonight.

Go Postal

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on February 12, 2016, 09:35:47 pm
Pretty interesting developments tonight. I'll get the scores and standings updated as soon as possible, hopefully tonight.

Quote from: mijally on February 12, 2016, 09:16:44 pm
Maumelle 79
Morrilton 75
Final
Quote from: Go Postal on February 12, 2016, 09:08:25 pm
Harrison Golden Goblins 62
LRCA Warriors 59
Final.

TIME TO GET DOWN TO BUSINESS

TheOfficial

Quote from: Ponca on February 12, 2016, 06:13:11 pm
Quote from: sevenof400 on February 10, 2016, 08:30:01 pm
I don't recall ever seeing a four game gap between the top and bottom halves of a conference race like this since I've been following 5A basketball.

Interesting. Sat with an old guy from Farmington at Goblin game Tuesday. He said this was probably the 2nd best Farmington team he has ever seen. And Vilonia aint bad. Probably every bit as good as they were last season. Is it just that the top 4 teams have elevated to a level that hasn't been seen in the West?

Well thats a sad statement for Farmington because this years team is very average.

Ponca

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on February 12, 2016, 11:20:59 am
Vilonia would be a playoff team if it were in the East or South.  The West (& Central) just happen to be very deep this year.  They would likely be at worst a 3 seed in either of those conferences.

No doubt. And can still win 4th seed with 3 games to play by winning out and a LR Christian loss to Morrilton in the final game.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Ponca on February 17, 2016, 10:30:54 am
No doubt. And can still win 4th seed with 3 games to play by winning out and a LR Christian loss to Morrilton in the final game.

I was just looking at that.  These next 3 games could get interesting.  If Vilonia manages to beat Morrilton, there's a very real possibility that they will secure the 4th spot.  Then again, if Vilonia loses Friday, the 4 teams playoff teams are set.  At that point it's a matter of where the top 4 end up.  The last game of the regular season will be huge for Maumelle, Harrison, LRC, and Morrilton, and maybe Vilonia.

Chief_Osceola™

OK, I need some help with the tiebreaker order for the girls standings, namely the 3 teams sitting at 5-6.  You've got Greenbrier with 42 points, Clarksville with 41 points, and Farmington with 35 points.  The way I've sorted them is to take the total point difference, and the lowest goes at the bottom, which is Farmington.  Next, I looked at the head-to-head for Greenbrier and Clarksville, and they've only played once so far, with Clarksville winning by 7, so Clarksville goes ahead of Greenbrier.  Does that sound correct?

sevenof400

Hey Chief,

For what it's worth, I never worried too much about this in the standings because I figured these things would work themselves out as the season wears on and someone usually opened a separate thread on examining possible playoff tiebreakers.  In fact, I'll start that now because we know we will need this to break some tie in one of the four conferences. 

hogfan7

Gonna be an intense game for the Clarksville and Greenbrier girls.  I wish I were not in NEA so I could attend.  Best of luck to both teams!

Chief_Osceola™

Everything is now updated except the Clarksville and Greenbrier scores.  As soon as I find them or get them from someone, I'll post ASAP.  So far I haven't heard anything but I'll keep looking.  The girls game determines who goes to state and who stays home.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas