• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A STATE Local Flavor and Guide

Started by Brian G, February 26, 2017, 10:34:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian G

Post any info for fans here that might be useful.  That can be directions, hotels, food places and more.

Brian G

Also share website, facebook, twitter, live feed and broadcast links relevant to this event.

Rackjack74

For those with a taste for south of the border try La Casa Mexican restaurant.  Great place to eat. Head N on Hwy 25 from school, turn left at feed store and its immediately on the right. Also, for burgers and cafe style try the Doghouse. It's right next to the stoplight. Then there's Sonic and Subway. Both easily visible.

Nearest hotels would be Heber Springs, Greenbrier, Conway,  Clinton, and Searcy.

BigBob

Rackjack74

Very strong ATT wireless. Not sure about other carriers.

Mj4465

And a really good fish house across from Dollar General.

cleburnesports

February 27, 2017, 10:11:16 am #6 Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 10:15:18 am by cleburnesports
Lodging: Quality Inn, Holiday Inn, Lake & River Inn, and others in Heber Springs are probably your best bets.

Food: Not a lot to choose from in Quitman itself. There's the Dawg House but I haven't ever been there myself. About 15 minutes down the road on Highway 25 toward Heber are Tisha's Place (great burgers but only open M-F from 10am-2:30pm) and Arrow Cafe. Keep driving a bit and you'll hit Brother's BBQ. If you're looking for coffee, check out Jitterbug Cafe on Main St in Heber.

Updates: Quitman Public Schools should be posting updates on Facebook. @HiggsST on Twitter should be posting updates there.

Other entertainment: Not a lot to do around here at this time of year but there's a nice disc golf course at the Greers Ferry Lake Visitors Center, or you could take a hike up Sugarloaf Mountain.

Mj4465

Actually La Casa is very good.  It's owned by a local family.  How can you say you doubt it's any good if you've never eaten there?  You can ascertain that by just the name???

BigLion10

Rackjack74

Mj4465

FYI for those who want to know: La Casa does have good food.  I know because I have eaten there.  And I have never,ever gotten sick:)

Mj4465

I am totally cognizant of the fact that people don't normally commute 2 hours to work in a Mexican restaurant.The point I was trying to make is that it is a good place to eat.  I thought that was the purpose of this thread.  You know, to let people know where they might go if they are hungry.

BigLion10

The answer is simple if you dont like it don't stop there lol

bearbacker52

Quote from: Mj4465 on February 28, 2017, 02:12:26 pm
I am totally cognizant of the fact that people don't normally commute 2 hours to work in a Mexican restaurant.The point I was trying to make is that it is a good place to eat.  I thought that was the purpose of this thread.  You know, to let people know where they might go if they are hungry.

When you say locally owned I am just confused. The name implies owned by personnel that are well versed in the texmex cousine. Not, a Larry the cable guy type that just  decide to name his hamburger joint with a latin sounding name..Go check out Hot Springs they a dime a dozen...You must get a percentage of proceeds you send that way.

bearbacker52

Quote from: BigLion10 on February 28, 2017, 02:26:45 pm
The answer is simple if you dont like it don't stop there lol

Good Idea why eat at a place with 4 reviews all by the same person, if it was that good it should have a minimum 90 reviews.

BigLion10

Small town businesses usually do not have reviews were sorry you people in South Arkansas have to travel for the state tourney but you don't have to be especially upset about it

Rackjack74

Quote from: bearbacker52 on February 28, 2017, 12:52:23 pm
actually its based on eating at many mexicano establishments, its all the same, the standards for perishables is quite lax,, chips that are left on the table are returned to kitchen..I can continue on if you like...Now eat there three meals a day, and discover how ignorant and stupid you are.

I've eaten there a bunch and know the place unlike you. Do us all a favor and consider staying in your hometown and get score updates off the web. There's an old saying that you should consider.   "Best to be suspected a fool than to open ones mouth and prove it."  To rate a place you've never been based on others with no connection says it all. Do you follow the same practice with people too?  The "we lie" part of your motto is looking to be most likely true.

Mj4465

Quote from: bearbacker52 on February 28, 2017, 03:18:00 pm
Good Idea why eat at a place with 4 reviews all by the same person, if it was that good it should have a minimum 90 reviews.
I really don't care if you eat there or not as I'm sure nobody else does.  This thread was started to inform out of towners where to go.  Geez. 

bearbacker52

Quote from: BigLion10 on February 28, 2017, 03:42:40 pm
Small town businesses usually do not have reviews were sorry you people in South Arkansas have to travel for the state tourney but you don't have to be especially upset about it
all i said was i doubt that the food was that good..And got jumped on..but that is ok i have a fly swatter...You expect me to believe that you are truly sorry for us having to travel to jerkwater usa...

BigLion10

bearbacker52

Quote from: Mj4465 on February 28, 2017, 04:28:23 pm
I really don't care if you eat there or not as I'm sure nobody else does.  This thread was started to inform out of towners where to go.  Geez. 
ok maam you right, I will not prejudge.

bearbacker52

BigLion10

You too bro see ya Friday night hopefully

Rackjack74

Quote from: bearbacker52 on February 28, 2017, 05:52:47 pm
and you have a problem with people that believe diffferently, an nobody asked you anything..pab

Actually the post was asking folks for useful info regarding lodging, food, etc. I was trying to post useful info for people headed this way as requested. Do what you like. I don't care if you eat or not.

Like how you changed the original post to "best place in area"...pabx2

Brian G

bearbacker52, behave.  This isn't the thread for your crap.

BigLion10

If you come through el paso sawbucks is really good they have a little bit of everything from burgers to steak

Bildo

Is that one still open? I know they closed a couple of their locations.

BigLion10

Rackjack74

There's also a Sawbuck's in Greenbrier on HW65 across from the McDonalds for those interested.

BigLion10

El paso has McDonalds as well in the gas station. The rambler grill in Rose Bud is good too

Lions84

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas