• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clarendon Basketball 2017

Started by Cheek, September 14, 2017, 10:55:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mtindian42

Quote from: Lions84 on February 23, 2018, 10:09:33 pm
Well you got what you wished for!
gusse so! In some kinda strange way it's a blessing to lose the battle but not the war. The beauty is we get to continue to play ball. See you in hot springs for round 2.

Ctucker

Quote from: MomaLion on February 24, 2018, 12:02:17 am
Yes and neither did y'all.
that is correct lost to same team y'all did just by a few less points! I'm sure Marked Tree played their worst game of the year! I forgot only you use that excuse

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Ctucker on February 24, 2018, 06:56:18 am
that is correct lost to same team y'all did just by a few less points! I'm sure Marked Tree played their worst game of the year! I forgot only you use that excuse

Naw, marked tree didn't play bad. Clarendon just flat out beat them.

Ctucker

They can say that if they won't to but they won't! No excuses when you loose on public board! But momma sure likes them! I'm sure she will have plenty tonight if Earle wins! I did not watch game and was not being serious but I just figured they would do it too! But I guess they don't make excuses!

Ctucker

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on February 24, 2018, 07:27:21 am
[/quote You kinda make it sound worse that 2 or 3 points was it not that close?

Dogg

Pick you are 100% correct

Dogg

What impressed me most about Clarendon is #5 locked up MT #5 and suffocated him. Clarendon #5 also was the coach on the floor last night. Even when the big fella  was in foul trouble ( ridiculous calls) he held the team together. The Lions balled last night and did it on an undefeated teams home court on a big stage.

mtindian42

I see the haters who's own teams that can't beat MT is out today. Set down Earle you had 2 chances to beat MT and could not. It's not are fault your recruiting failed you early in the year. 0-2 have a seat. EPC 0-5 bout to be 0-6 against us take a seat as well. The only ones who have room to talk is Clarendon.🤷🏻‍♂️

MomaLion

Quote from: Ctucker on February 24, 2018, 06:56:18 am
No excuses. Even if we play terrible,  it still comes down to wins and losses.
You sure do enjoy trolling us lol... whatever makes you happy  8)

MomaLion

Quote from: Ctucker on February 24, 2018, 07:39:34 am
They can say that if they won't to but they won't! No excuses when you loose on public board! But momma sure likes them! I'm sure she will have plenty tonight if Earle wins! I did not watch game and was not being serious but I just figured they would do it too! But I guess they don't make excuses!
Oh really... seems to me that was the first thing out of 42s mouth. I guess I just imagined it  ::)

MomaLion

Quote from: Ctucker on February 24, 2018, 07:42:17 am
[/quote You kinda make it sound worse that 2 or 3 points was it not that close?
Yes,  it was 2 pts and we led most of the game.

MomaLion

Quote from: Dogg on February 24, 2018, 08:42:59 am
What impressed me most about Clarendon is #5 locked up MT #5 and suffocated him. Clarendon #5 also was the coach on the floor last night. Even when the big fella  was in foul trouble ( ridiculous calls) he held the team together. The Lions balled last night and did it on an undefeated teams home court on a big stage.
That's Kalil Johnson. He's a leader for sure. Thank you for the kind words,  he's a great person on and off the court.

mtindian42

we did play bad how you know how MT plays year around? Your at Des Arc games. MT did not play it's best ball by its standards.

MomaLion

Quote from: mtindian42 on February 24, 2018, 10:44:53 am
we did play bad how you know how MT plays year around? Your at Des Arc games. MT did not play it's best ball by its standards.
And what makes you think that we played our best?

mtindian42

Quote from: MomaLion on February 24, 2018, 10:48:34 am
And what makes you think that we played our best?
i never said you did or didn't cause I would not know that information. That was only my second time to see y'all play.

Dogg

February 24, 2018, 11:22:41 am #215 Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 01:08:42 pm by Dogg
Quote from: MomaLion on February 24, 2018, 10:40:03 am
That's Kalil Johnson. He's a leader for sure. Thank you for the kind words,  he's a great person on and off the court.
It won't show up on the stat sheet but he was the difference in the ball game with his leadership, ball handling and defense. I mean he locked up ever person he guarded. I love his attitude and effort. He was fouled on a couple of layups that didn't get called and the kid played through it. He was the one telling 14 to keep shooting it. 

Dogg

Quote from: mtindian42 on February 24, 2018, 10:30:39 am
I see the haters who's own teams that can't beat MT is out today. Set down Earle you had 2 chances to beat MT and could not. It's not are fault your recruiting failed you early in the year. 0-2 have a seat. EPC 0-5 bout to be 0-6 against us take a seat as well. The only ones who have room to talk is Clarendon.🤷🏻‍♂️
That's why you're playing for a 3rd seed today. I don't hate on kids. You just happen to be a guy that can accept the fact that you got beat by a better team. All that MT did during the regular season doesn't matter. That's why you're not playing for a regional championship today. 

bdubyab60

Quote from: mtindian42 on February 24, 2018, 10:30:39 am
We can talk all we want. There's history between these 3 teams.

NEark tigers

Johnson and #14 was a STUD last night. They kept the Lions grounded and never panicked.

mtindian42

Quote from: bdubyab60 on February 24, 2018, 11:33:12 am
fair enough! But as for this year y'all have no room to talk.

Dogg

Quote from: bdubyab60 on February 24, 2018, 11:33:12 am
I agree Dub. EPC came in to Earle last year and beat us on our floor. We understand that but 42 doesn't.

Dogg

Quote from: mtindian42 on February 24, 2018, 11:52:54 am
fair enough! But as for this year y'all have no room to talk.
I beg to differ because we still have the crown. Take it and then talk. If you win it all I can't do anything but say Congrats to MT. players and coaches. But until then we all have room to talk. 42 reality set in on you last night that's all.

MomaLion

Quote from: Dogg on February 24, 2018, 11:22:41 am
It won't show up on the stat sheet but he was the difference in the ball game with his leadership, ball handling and defense. I mean he locked up ever person he guarded. Olive his attitude and effort. He was fouled on s couple of layups that didn't get called and the kid played thought it. He was the one tell 14 to keep shooting it.
Thank you

MomaLion

Quote from: NEark tigers on February 24, 2018, 11:36:14 am
Johnson and #14 was a STUD last night. They kept the Lions grounded and never panicked.
14 is JD Smith. He'll be playing football at AR Tech in the fall.

Dogg

We coming to battle tonight Momma. Safe travels.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

I made an unbiased opinion. Marked Tree didn't seem to make many bad passes or shoot that bad, they just got beat. I couldn't care less who wins, I just like to watch basketball. Heck how many games have y'all attended when your home team wasn't playing? If mine wasn't playing my kids and I were some where watching basketball.

Ctucker

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on February 24, 2018, 01:40:12 pm
I made an unbiased opinion. Marked Tree didn't seem to make many bad passes or shoot that bad, they just got beat. I couldn't care less who wins, I just like to watch basketball. Heck how many games have y'all attended when your home team wasn't playing? If mine wasn't playing my kids and I were some where watching basketball.
if your talking all time many many I used to go watch parkveiw and big schools all over state but here lately don't go much at all!

Ctucker

Quote from: MomaLion on February 24, 2018, 10:32:06 am
No excuses. Even if we play terrible,  it still comes down to wins and losses.
You sure do enjoy trolling us lol... whatever makes you happy  8)
Not trolling get your excuses ready for tonight! What will it be we was selfless or the score keeper or refs!

STATGUYQHS

i thought after watching Clarendon last year at State in Quitman that they would be a contender this year. Just liked how their young guys played then. Obviously they are pretty good this year.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Ctucker on February 24, 2018, 02:01:17 pm
if your talking all time many many I used to go watch parkveiw and big schools all over state but here lately don't go much at all!

I'm really talking this year

Ctucker

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on February 24, 2018, 04:27:07 pm
I'm really talking this year
You got me this year! I forgot while ago but I used to love to go watch Reaves and Crabtree boys kick butt for Cedar Ridge think I watched them more than our boys!

MomaLion

Quote from: Dogg on February 24, 2018, 01:10:13 pm
We coming to battle tonight Momma. Safe travels.
I wouldn't expect anything less.

MomaLion

Quote from: STATGUYQHS on February 24, 2018, 03:16:04 pm
i thought after watching Clarendon last year at State in Quitman that they would be a contender this year. Just liked how their young guys played then. Obviously they are pretty good this year.
Thank you. They have grown a lot this last year as players

NEark tigers

This could be a preview of the state championship game...

ISU7

I wouldn't count MT out 27 wins to one loss is great no matter who you play. IMO

da greatest bigbaby

Cheek

Clarendon got a tough first round game.  MP could have easily been the one from the South. 

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Cheek on February 25, 2018, 09:58:56 am
Clarendon got a tough first round game.  MP could have easily been the one from the South.

Im not sure about easily. Lol

MomaLion

Quote from: Cheek on February 25, 2018, 09:58:56 am
Yep, but we'll be ready.

Lions84

Tough Loss to EARLE but we still playing.

Lions84

da greatest bigbaby

Good blowout win over wcc 56-28  in the elite 8 up nxt final 4 vs marked tree   go lions whip em

mtindian42

Quote from: Lions84 on February 23, 2018, 10:09:33 pm
Well you got what you wished for!
the war has been won. you won the battle and we won the war... 8)

MT Legend

Quote from: mtindian42 on March 04, 2018, 01:27:08 pm
😂🤣🤣😂 but he heart broken today bro you could have waited. Be humble 42.

MomaLion

Quote from: mtindian42 on March 04, 2018, 01:27:08 pm
You haven't won anything yet.  It took 2 overtimes and us having numerous players on the bench...y'all were playing Malik and 4 2nd string players...to beat us by 3.  I wouldn't go crowing just yet.

wctobar

MomaLion y waz those 2 players on the bench?? fouled out didnt they??? its called basketball

MT Legend

Quote from: MomaLion on March 05, 2018, 06:28:51 am
You haven't won anything yet.  It took 2 overtimes and us having numerous players on the bench...y'all were playing Malik and 4 2nd string players...to beat us by 3.  I wouldn't go crowing just yet.
not are fault your starters could not stay in front of our starters and had to hold their jersey to keep them from getting free.wooga still lit y'all up even though he was being held all night.yall had a great year "but" it's over now have a great day.

MT Legend

March 05, 2018, 09:56:09 am #247 Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 09:59:15 am by MT Legend
We played back ups late in the game as well. Julian booker and KA Allen played late minutes. So I guess we're even? It was KA Allen you know our back up that fouled out both your starters.😕 he was just a little to fast for them. And he came off our bench.🤷🏾‍♂️

Lions84

Good Luck to MT rest of the way.   We had a good season for the Lions!

MT Legend

Quote from: MomaLion on March 05, 2018, 06:28:51 am
if this ain't throwing those kids under a bus! I'm not sure what is... great job Young men...y'all played your tails off and tried to help your team get to a championship. Good luck going forward.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas