• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Semifinals - Nashville vs Pea Ridge

Started by ~WPS~, November 27, 2015, 10:09:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgfan15

Quote from: Oldbadger on November 28, 2015, 08:32:15 pm
Haven't seen Nashville or Pea Ridge this year.  Both coaches have done an excellent job.  However, I remember in 2013 I was the only poster, it seemed, that felt Lincoln had a chance against Nashville in the first round of the playoffs. Even some of the current posters will remember believing that all Nashville had to do is to show up.  I feel the players also felt that.  They came out flat and before they could recover they were riding the bus home after losing to Lincoln who the next week embarrassed Malvern.  These are two of the elites of 7-4A losing to a lowly 1-4A team.  So, don't let past performance color your comments.  As one of the posters from Nashville posted after the Lincoln loss, "This crow taste pretty good, could use a little more salt". lol.

Oldbadger this is a completely different situation. The only connection between the two games is Nashville vs 1-4A and that we will start 8 guys Friday night who started in that game in 2013. This is the best team Nashville has had since at least 2007 and they are still writing their history.

Bigbossman

Quote from: hawgfan15 on November 28, 2015, 09:53:51 pm
Haven't seen Nashville or Pea Ridge this year.  Both coaches have done an excellent job.  However, I remember in 2013 I was the only poster, it seemed, that felt Lincoln had a chance against Nashville in the first round of the playoffs. Even some of the current posters will remember believing that all Nashville had to do is to show up.  I feel the players also felt that.  They came out flat and before they could recover they were riding the bus home after losing to Lincoln who the next week embarrassed Malvern.  These are two of the elites of 7-4A losing to a lowly 1-4A team.  So, don't let past performance color your comments.  As one of the posters from Nashville posted after the Lincoln loss, "This crow taste pretty good, could use a little more salt". lol.

Oldbadger this is a completely different situation. The only connection between the two games is Nashville vs 1-4A and that we will start 8 guys Friday night who started in that game in 2013. This is the best team Nashville has had since at least 2007 and they are still writing their history.
For the record not all scrapper fans felt like Lincoln v. Nashville was gonna be a walk off win, in fact i was the only poster to get that score exactly right. That's one of maybe 4 or 5 games I've missed in a decade.  Nashville certainly does not need to look past pea ridge, and it's unlikely they will, they realize they get to the rock one game at a time. Now some fans such as myself who are mouthy and like to stir folks up by posting inflammatory comments such as "have your qb practice getting in the fetal position" or "feed your offensive line wheaties this week, cause they gonna need all the help they can get." Or "we will make sure the clock don't stop the second half so yall can tuck tail and run earlier rather than later." I mean and while that's all probably great advice for pea ridge. It's still just coming from a mouthy poster on some highscool football message board.

Oldbadger

Quote from: Bigbossman on November 28, 2015, 10:40:59 pm

For the record not all scrapper fans felt like Lincoln v. Nashville was gonna be a walk off win, in fact i was the only poster to get that score exactly right. That's one of maybe 4 or 5 games I've missed in a decade.  Nashville certainly does not need to look past pea ridge, and it's unlikely they will, they realize they get to the rock one game at a time. Now some fans such as myself who are mouthy and like to stir folks up by posting inflammatory comments such as "have your qb practice getting in the fetal position" or "feed your offensive line wheaties this week, cause they gonna need all the help they can get." Or "we will make sure the clock don't stop the second half so yall can tuck tail and run earlier rather than later." I mean and while that's all probably great advice for pea ridge. It's still just coming from a mouthy poster on some highscool football message board.

I remember that team was very young.  But, the point I was trying to make is not to get complacent on a team based on your past laurals.  I understand what you are saying and agree that is the reason for the comments.  I really don't look for this Nashville team to allow that since many were party to that game.  I personally will be at PG watching the Badgers try to slow down and beat the other team from that conference.  Good luck, until you play the Badgers for the second time.lol

Bigredhog1971

This game won't even be close a total miss match!!!Go Scrappers!!!

polksalet

I've watched a lot of the video I posted. I can say Nashville hasn't seen anything like this in the playoffs in a long time.

Scooter2121

I hate to say this but the crappers will win this one  the 1-4a is weak!!!

Ole Legend

Quote from: Scooter2121 on November 29, 2015, 02:07:34 am

Is that why they have 2 of the 4 semi finalist?

arklasports57

Quote from: Ole Legend on November 29, 2015, 07:54:00 am
Quote from: Scooter2121 on November 29, 2015, 02:07:34 am

Is that why they have 2 of the 4 semi finalist?

Amen! 

HORNET-MAN

November 29, 2015, 10:35:06 am #58 Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 10:38:03 am by HORNET-MAN
Quote from: polksalet on November 29, 2015, 01:30:59 am
I've watched a lot of the video I posted. I can say Nashville hasn't seen anything like this in the playoffs in a long time.
Man this look like A Jr high team..I stand by my prediction. . Ville WINS ..MERCY RULE.

Guru12

They are in the Semi Finals. They're a good team, just keep over looking them. The Hawks love the under dog role and have confidence that they can beat anyone right now. But congrats to the (junior high) team for making it this far in the playoffs.

PrivateLesson

Nashville State Champs.    All The Way

Ole Legend

Quote from: HORNET-MAN on November 29, 2015, 10:35:06 am
Man this look like A Jr high team..I stand by my prediction. . Ville WINS ..MERCY RULE.

Are you that ignorant? For the past 2 weeks all I have heard is how Pea Ridge is going to get mercy ruled. Guess what. They came and played better than anyone else thought they could and beat Robinson and CAC. I don't think it is smart to call them a junior high team. I hope those kids see that, and that it gives them even more fire to come out and beat y'all.

Guru12

This Junior High team you guys are talking about held Hammonds, a D1 running back, to 13 yards and shut out a very good CAC team. They've competed with some of the best athletes in the 4A and have some good athletes as well. Don't think this is gonna be an easy game for Nashville because PR isn't a team just to be overlooked.

~WPS~

Quote from: Guru12 on November 29, 2015, 02:43:17 pm
This Junior High team you guys are talking about held Hammonds, a D1 running back, to 13 yards and shut out a very good CAC team. They've competed with some of the best athletes in the 4A and have some good athletes as well. Don't think this is gonna be an easy game for Nashville because PR isn't a team just to be overlooked.
So you think Pea Ridge will score in this game?

TIGER101

Quote from: Bigbossman on November 28, 2015, 10:40:59 pm

Bigbossman I have loved the back and forth fun with Nash the past years.  It seems like we get paired up against each other as much as any two teams in the state.  Ya'll just keep up the talk, that's what make these boards fun.  We can't help it that some people can't enjoy the ribbing..   Oldbadger can, I know for sure.  He got torched for a while when he was in the 1-4a with Lincoln...

DerekOxford

Nashville will have the talent advantage for sure.

But don't think for a second that Pea Ridge will back down. Tony Travis might be the best coach in 4A. His Blackhawks will be ready for what the Scrappers throw at them Friday night.

I'll be at the Arky/PG game but I will be keeping my eye on this one.

TIGER101

hawgfan15

How many rushing yards will Pea Ridge hold Nashville to Friday night? How many points?

Ole Legend

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on November 29, 2015, 03:00:24 pm

You guys act like Pea Ridge is the worst team you have seen. It will be a close game. And yes. Pea Ridge will score, more than likely multiple times.

polksalet

Pea ridge will hold Nashville to 450 rushing yards.

polksalet

I'm not gonna say pea ridge looks like jr high but my 8th grader would be their third biggest offensive lineman. Maybe 4th biggest player?

prHOG13

Quote from: polksalet on November 29, 2015, 04:58:41 pm
I'm not gonna say pea ridge looks like jr high but my 8th grader would be their third biggest offensive lineman. Maybe 4th biggest player?
size doesn't always matter. I'm sure your wife has told you the same  ;)

~WPS~

Quote from: Ole Legend on November 29, 2015, 03:51:24 pm

You guys act like Pea Ridge is the worst team you have seen. It will be a close game. And yes. Pea Ridge will score, more than likely multiple times.
Define close. And multiple.

Ole Legend

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on November 29, 2015, 05:27:46 pm

My prediction is 24-21 Pea Ridge

~WPS~

Quote from: Ole Legend on November 29, 2015, 05:47:46 pm

There's no way Pea Ridge holds Nashville to 21 points. Heck Nashville scored 42 on Warren with 5 turnovers. And unless Pea Ridge does something other than run the ball up the middle they won't get close to 24.

Ole Legend

Quote from: polksalet on November 29, 2015, 04:43:33 pm

So you think Nashville has a better rushing game than Robinson??

Ole Legend

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on November 29, 2015, 05:57:27 pm

There's no way Pea Ridge holds Nashville to 21 points. Heck Nashville scored 42 on Warren with 5 turnovers. And unless Pea Ridge does something other than run the ball up the middle they won't get close to 24.

I think you'll be in for a surprise on Friday.

hawgfan15

November 29, 2015, 06:07:51 pm #77 Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 06:10:42 pm by hawgfan15
Quote from: Ole Legend on November 29, 2015, 06:01:56 pm

It's not even close. Nashville's ground game is on a different level. We average 347 yards a game.

~WPS~

Quote from: Ole Legend on November 29, 2015, 06:05:21 pm

I've seen 5 Pea Ridge games on film. I won't be surprised.

Turgin

I too predict a close score....to start the 1st quarter.  That's as close as Pea Ridge will get.

The only way Pea Ridge scores multiple times is on our JV after the half.

That is, of course, if we don't decide to spot them a few points off turnovers to give Pea Ridge a chance to keep up.  Nashville does make charitable donations to the less fortunate from time to time.

SUGARTOWN

Yes. Robinson has very good skill players, but an average offensive line. Nashville has a much better line and are better coached.

4thandgoal

November 29, 2015, 07:09:20 pm #82 Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 07:11:07 pm by 4thandgoal

Nashville players are licking their chops and looking at who they will be playing in War Memorial. Pea Ridge is just a scrimmage game for Nashville to fine tune some things that they need to work on. I'm not for sure how Pea Ridge made it this far, but I am looking at a mercy rule by mid 2nd quarter. Nashville have already been challenged (Warren).

dukes424

Pea Ridge by 14 . 😀. I see Nashville has a bunch of crap talkers to doesn't surprise me. We've made it to the final four with 95% sophomores and juniors anything forward is a bonus. Go Hawks lets shock the world and the crap talkers again!

~WPS~

Have any Pea Ridge fans on here actually seen Nashville play this year? Film, highlights?

beach bum

As much as I am rooting for Pea Ridge I have to say Nashville 34 Pea Ridge 14. I just think Nashville is that good. Before the season I predicted Nashville and Warren in the finals and the Scrappers winning it. The bracket made that happen in the quarterfinals but I will stick with the Scrappers winning the title. They march on to set up a PG vs. Nashville finals at WMS.

prHOG13

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on November 29, 2015, 07:59:18 pm
Have any Pea Ridge fans on here actually seen Nashville play this year? Film, highlights?
yeah, I have a few times. Monumental task, for sure.

I don't really get into the business of talking trash about who's going to win or lose. I think Nashville's resume' thus far, and their history speaks for itself. At the same time, this is Pea Ridge's most successful team ever, and they're playing with a lot of confidence for such a young team.

I'm looking forward to making the trip and watching this one. If I were handicapping this one, Nashville would be a double digit favorite. However, they've proven a lot of those predictions wrong thus far and I can all but guarantee they won't be mercy ruled by half like some of your special posters continue to post.

beach bum

Quote from: prHOG13 on November 29, 2015, 08:20:03 pm

I don't really get into the business of talking trash about who's going to win or lose. I think Nashville's resume' thus far, and their history speaks for itself. At the same time, this is Pea Ridge's most successful team ever, and they're playing with a lot of confidence for such a young team.

I'm looking forward to making the trip and watching this one. If I were handicapping this one, Nashville would be a double digit favorite. However, they've proven a lot of those predictions wrong thus far and I can all but guarantee they won't be mercy ruled by half like some of your special posters continue to post.

I agree when I saw the bracket I knew Pea Ridge was in a good spot and I don't know why people were so down on them. I think most people bought into the Robinson hype but I did not. Football is more than having flashy skill players like they did. I knew Pea Ridge could beat CAC once they got past Robinson. I hope this one ends up being a good game.

prHOG13

Quote from: beach bum on November 29, 2015, 08:22:59 pm
Quote from: prHOG13 on November 29, 2015, 08:20:03 pm

I agree when I saw the bracket I knew Pea Ridge was in a good spot and I don't know why people were so down on them. I think most people bought into the Robinson hype but I did not. Football is more than having flashy skill players like they did. I knew Pea Ridge could beat CAC once they got past Robinson. I hope this one ends up being a good game.
I can kinda see why people were down on them heading into the playoffs, probably highlighting the fact that we lost to Gravette earlier in the season and then Robinson slaughtering Gravette in the first round. However, anyone that watched that game would know it was a letdown game. I think they got caught looking ahead. 

Pea Ridge did some things defensively schematically that they hadn't done all season long. I think that really threw Robinson off and their offense was just out of it all night, and kept turning the ball over.

CAC wasn't going to win unless they ran the ball. They had a size advantage on Pea Ridge as well, but the Blackhawk defense withstood the challenge and shut them and their pretty good RB down. Even if the weather and field conditions weren't so poor, I wouldn't have been shocked if Pea Ridge still would have handled them.

To beat PR you've got to pound them up the middle and hit some deep balls in playaction over the middle. If you're running a spread and trying to beat them to the edge, they'll shut that down like they've shown against Robinson and CAC.

polksalet

They haven't seen edge speed yet. Seriously, this is the fastest offense I've seen ever in Nashville. And a big angry oline.

scrapman

For sure...did Robinson even try to run the ball? How many times did they turn around and hand it to the D1 guy. I wouldn't get too happy about shutting down the run when they called like 90 percent pass in the game. Nashville ran it over 60 times the other night. Get ready to try and catch someone.

Lumberjackfan1978

Plenty of speed,and don't forget the angry fast defense line as well best defense I've seen since PA

SCRAPYARD

Quote from: polksalet on November 29, 2015, 08:45:11 pm
They haven't seen edge speed yet. Seriously, this is the fastest offense I've seen ever in Nashville. And a big angry oline.
I will agree with that.

Oldbadger

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on November 29, 2015, 06:08:46 pm
Quote from: Ole Legend on November 29, 2015, 06:05:21 pm

I've seen 5 Pea Ridge games on film. I won't be surprised.
lol. Been a long time since I watched a game on film.  I keep telling my grandsons I watch their game on tape and they remind me quickly that its on CD or HUDL.

Beardad

Urine Hill stands not a chance in the world.

~WPS~

Nashville's stats updated in original post.

Ole Legend

Quote from: scrapman on November 29, 2015, 09:14:22 pm

For sure...did Robinson even try to run the ball? How many times did they turn around and hand it to the D1 guy. I wouldn't get too happy about shutting down the run when they called like 90 percent pass in the game. Nashville ran it over 60 times the other night. Get ready to try and catch someone.

They turned around and handed it to him about 10 times in a row, and he couldn't get more than a yard. He had like 15 carries for 12 yards or something like that.

guru23

November 30, 2015, 10:32:37 am #97 Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 12:29:46 pm by guru23
Quote from: Rugu12 on November 28, 2015, 12:46:10 am
Quote from: Guru12 on November 27, 2015, 11:33:47 pm
Pea Ridge is on fire right now and is rolling. Not a team to be messed with or overlooked for sure. Hoping Pea Ridge can pull this one out, would like to see the 4A-1 matchup in the State Championship. I've got Pea Ridge by 3 in a close one..

Agreed.

I agree its gonna be a close one but the run game is whats gonna defy the game. Whoever establishes it first will win.

~WPS~

Quote from: guru23 on November 30, 2015, 10:32:37 am
Pea Ridge is on fire right now and is rolling. Not a team to be messed with or overlooked for sure. Hoping Pea Ridge can pull this one out, would like to see the 4A-1 matchup in the State Championship. I've got Pea Ridge by 3 in a close one..

Agreed.

I agree its gonna be a close one but the run game is whats gonna defy the game. Whoever establishes it first will win. and look out for that 23 sophomore hes a big threat.
Shouldn't you be paying attention in class?

Ole Legend

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on November 30, 2015, 10:39:30 am
Quote from: guru23 on November 30, 2015, 10:32:37 am

Agreed.

I agree its gonna be a close one but the run game is whats gonna defy the game. Whoever establishes it first will win. and look out for that 23 sophomore hes a big threat.
Shouldn't you be paying attention in class?

Shouldn't you be watching that game film you've been talking about the past few days. I would hate for you to overlook little ole Pea Ridge.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas