• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Semifinals - Nashville vs Pea Ridge

Started by ~WPS~, November 27, 2015, 10:09:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

~WPS~

November 27, 2015, 10:09:28 pm Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 07:03:58 pm by Ballplayer1
Nashville Scrappers vs Pea Ridge Blackhawks
Scrapper Stadium, Nashville, AR
December 4, 2015 @ 7:00 PM

Video:  http://www.nfhsnetwork.com/schools/nashville-high-school-nashville-ar
Audio:  www.southwestarkansasradio.com

Nashville Scrappers
Head Coach: Mike Volarvich
Record at Nashville: 13-0 (1st Year)
2015 Record:  13-0
2015 Conf. Record:  7-0 (1st 7-4A)
Last Week:  Won 42-37 @ Warren
Playoff Record:  77-29
Offense:  Spread
Defense:  3-4
PPG Scored:  45.3
PPG Allowed:  18.6

Pea Ridge Blackhawks
Head Coach:  Tony Travis
Record at Pea Ridge:  39-37 (7th Year)
2015 Record:  11-2
2015 Conf. Record:  5-2 (2nd 1-4A)
Last Week:  Won  3-0 @ CAC
Playoff Record:  8-15
Offense:  Pro I
Defense:  4-2
PPG Scored:  37.2
PPG Allowed:  17

Team Leaders
Passing
Nashville:  Leonard Snell - 95/198, 1643 yards, 16 TD, 6 INT
Pea Ridge: 
Rushing
Nashville:  Leonard Snell - 191 carries, 1585 yards, 20 TD
                  Darius Hopkins - 179 carries, 1367 yards, 25 TD
Pea Ridge:  Zaine Holley - 290 carries, 1777 yards, 26 TD
Receiving
Nashville:  Trey Hughes - 30 catches, 661 yards, 8 TD
                   De'Ajeon Armstrong - 19 catches, 438 yards, 3 TD
Pea Ridge: 
Tackles/For Loss
Nashville:  Ashton Nelson - 103 total tackles / Billy Stewart - 17 tackles for loss
Pea Ridge:  Bradley Beavers - 180 total tackles
Sacks
Nashville:  Billy Stewart - 22 sacks (State Leader)
Pea Ridge: 
Interceptions
Nashville:  De'Ajeon Armstrong & Shaundell Scott - 3 INT
Pea Ridge: 

Series History
All-Time:  0-0
Last Meeting:  --
Games Played at Nashville:  0-0

Notes
Nashville is making its 25th consecutive playoff appearance.
Nashville has the most playoff wins in state history.
Nashville is 8-10 all time in the semifinals, including 8-5 since 1993.
Pea Ridge is in the semifinals for the 1st time in school history.
Nashville is 4-2 at home in the semifinals.
Nashville is 46-7 all time at home in the playoffs.
Pea Ridge has set the school record for wins in a season (11).
Last week, Pea Ridge won its first playoff road game since 2003.

beach bum

The 7-4A and 1-4A get familiarized next week. I love it.

Nip/Tusk

Pretty impressive.

Nashville and Pg should be pretty heavily favored. But anything can happen.

Guru12

Pea Ridge is on fire right now and is rolling. Not a team to be messed with or overlooked for sure. Hoping Pea Ridge can pull this one out, would like to see the 4A-1 matchup in the State Championship. I've got Pea Ridge by 3 in a close one..

strongandsteady

~WPS~

I couldn't find any Pea Ridge stats. If anyone has them feel free to let me know and I'll put them in the original post.

Rugu12

Quote from: Guru12 on November 27, 2015, 11:33:47 pm
Pea Ridge is on fire right now and is rolling. Not a team to be messed with or overlooked for sure. Hoping Pea Ridge can pull this one out, would like to see the 4A-1 matchup in the State Championship. I've got Pea Ridge by 3 in a close one..

Agreed.

SGT.HULKA

polksalet

prHOG13

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on November 28, 2015, 12:09:48 am
I couldn't find any Pea Ridge stats. If anyone has them feel free to let me know and I'll put them in the original post.
I'll try and find some for you tomorrow. RB #2 Zaine Holley has around ~1750 yards on the season and 30 TD's rushing.

Nothing overly impressive in the passing game. #23 Holtgrewe is the stud WR for Pea Ridge and just a sophomore. #6 Drew Winn is a sophomore and is has a different gear and needs to get some more touches.

Pea Ridge suffered some key injuries tonight with one of their linebackers, a WR. They played a very physical game on an absolutely awful field earlier tonight.

Nashville will be the heavy favorites, obviously. Pea Ridge has been playing at a different level lately and have been enjoying the underdog role. Hope it can continue.

4thandgoal

I will over look pea ridge the same way I overlooked Warren. Pea Ridge should forfeit this game. Nashville by 28.

PGTIGERS09

Quote from: 4thandgoal on November 28, 2015, 02:48:48 am

I will over look pea ridge the same way I overlooked Warren. Pea Ridge should forfeit this game. Nashville by 28.

Haha. PR should forfeit.  I love it.  Call CAC and ask them if PR should forfeit.

prHOG13

CAC got was just outmuscled tonight. #3 for CAC is the only player that really wanted a part of that physical game, and he's a very good RB/LB. PR isn't big, but they are a salty rear team that will hit you in the mouth and is gaining confidence week after week. It's a lot of fun watching them play.

Nashville's athletes are scary, but this defense has played some great athletes the last two weeks and shut them down. It's going to take another monumental effort from the Blackhawks. Weather looks like its going to be cold, but clear/dry. 

For any Nashville fans that want a rundown of PR...

at QB they alternate #3 and #14, a lefty and a right every other possession. #3 is a JR and #14 is a sophomore. #3 is a more physical and able runner, and #14 is more of a pocket/pro-style QB.

at RB, #2 Zaine Holley (JR) will get most of the carries. He's a short/powerful runner, but is really a between the tackles runner. #6 Drew Winn (Soph) has been getting about 6-8 carries per game lately, and he's very explosive.

at WR its #23 Hayden Holtgrewe (Soph) that is will make the big plays. Great hands, good athlete, and just an incredibly smart football player.

Only a couple seniors on defense led by #1 Bradley Beavers at LB. Hope he's ready to go, but has a more than capable backup that is also a soph. The secondary has been shutting folks down, and there's some big hitters at safety. I think there's only 3 seniors on defense, and only 2 or 3 on offense. Very young team.

scrapdawgof06

HORNET-MAN

Pea Ridge Dreams will come to a end next Friday this Game will not be close Ville in a blowout/ Mercy Rule.

LJ06

Nashville will be too much for Pea Ridge.  Their size along with speed is tough to handle.

PGTIGERS09

Quote from: HORNET-MAN on November 28, 2015, 07:43:43 am
Pea Ridge Dreams will come to a end next Friday this Game will not be close Ville in a blowout/ Mercy Rule.

So PR has no chance?  Ok.  Let them play anyway.  Just for fun.  How many of you armchair QBs had CAC shutout?   I'll go back and look at that thread.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: PGTIGERS09 on November 28, 2015, 09:09:40 am

So PR has no chance?  Ok.  Let them play anyway.  Just for fun.  How many of you armchair QBs had CAC shutout?   I'll go back and look at that thread.

I thought CAC would win, but Pea Ridge has very little chance next week. I'd love to see them win but I think it could get ugly.

PGTIGERS09

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 28, 2015, 09:22:16 am

I thought CAC would win, but Pea Ridge has very little chance next week. I'd love to see them win but I think it could get ugly.

Did you have PR getting by Trumann?  Robinson?  I like their chances of you think they lose.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: PGTIGERS09 on November 28, 2015, 10:04:20 am
Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 28, 2015, 09:22:16 am

Did you have PR getting by Trumann?  Robinson?  I like their chances of you think they lose.

Uh yeah, I thought they would get by Trumann. I picked Robinson based on more talent but everybody knows my thoughts about the inept Robinson coaching staff, so I wasn't shocked PR won.

I'll be shocked if they win this week, hope they do, but I can't see it happening.

hawgfan15

There is no way we play as bad as we did against Warren as far as turnovers and blown assignments. That was a very good Warren team that we found a way to beat on the road. Now we are back home and should have full focus after what we saw happen at Warren. We are one game from the Rock and I expect us to play our best.

4thandgoal

Quote from: PGTIGERS09 on November 28, 2015, 02:55:27 am
Quote from: 4thandgoal on November 28, 2015, 02:48:48 am

Haha. PR should forfeit.  I love it.  Call CAC and ask them if PR should forfeit.

CAC was irrelevant all year.

4thandgoal

You are right on on the money.

Bigbossman

Its unlikely any game PR has played this year has prepared them for the freight train they run into friday night, and to exacerbate their situation they get the honor and privilege of coming to play on the sacred ground of scrapper stadium. Nashville wins this one handily.
Nashville 52
Pea ridge 10

TIGER101

I hear the same thing every year. 

"The weak 1-4a"
"Never have seen what they are about to see"
"Won't be able to adjust to the speed"
"No way they can stop us"

I agree PR has a tough assignment ahead of them, but if you think they are just gonna throw up their skirts and say "come and get it" you will be mistaken AGAIN!!!!  They are very well coached.  They are a young team so I do believe Nash should win and could possibly win going away, BUT it won't be because PR will be  intimidated by Nashville Nation.  Good luck to both teams but I have to pull for the 1-4a in this one.  Go Hawks

TIGER101

Even though it would be another fun one if PG and Nash could hook up again...  IF PG CAN figure out a way to beat Arko

hawgfan15

Quote from: TIGER101 on November 28, 2015, 11:44:42 am
I hear the same thing every year. 

"The weak 1-4a"
"Never have seen what they are about to see"
"Won't be able to adjust to the speed"
"No way they can stop us"

I agree PR has a tough assignment ahead of them, but if you think they are just gonna throw up their skirts and say "come and get it" you will be mistaken AGAIN!!!!  They are very well coached.  They are a young team so I do believe Nash should win and could possibly win going away, BUT it won't be because PR will be  intimidated by Nashville Nation.  Good luck to both teams but I have to pull for the 1-4a in this one.  Go Hawks

Of course they are going to come down to Nashville and give us their best shot. I don't think anyone has doubted that. But their best against our best won't be pretty. That is the point everyone is trying to make.

Now if we decide to turn the ball over 5+ times again next Friday night it will be a close ball game. I don't see that happening. Not at home and not with a trip to the state finals on the line. We will be ready.

TIGER101

Hawgfan15,  have you seen Pea Ridge play this year?

TIGER101

I get what you're saying, but most hasn't seen PR play this year.  So Nashville Nation is just assuming when making these type of statements.
I haven't seen Nas play this year but still agree it will be a tough one to win for PR

hawgfan15

Quote from: TIGER101 on November 28, 2015, 11:58:13 am

I have seen them play against Shiloh, PG, and Lincoln.

hawgfan15

Quote from: TIGER101 on November 28, 2015, 12:03:31 pm
I get what you're saying, but most hasn't seen PR play this year.  So Nashville Nation is just assuming when making these type of statements.
I haven't seen Nas play this year but still agree it will be a tough one to win for PR

I can't speak for anyone else but from what I have seen they are a solid football team. They are not the biggest team but they play really hard and make up a lot of that size with a physical brand of football. It isn't a big surprise to me that they beat Robinson or CAC (in those field conditions). They are just going to run into a bigger and more physical team Friday night. We are a tough match up for them on both sides of the ball. They will have a hard time running the football and they just don't have the passing game to overcome that. This is all just my opinion and we will see how it plays out Friday night.

LJ06

Quote from: hawgfan15 on November 28, 2015, 12:13:55 pm

I can't speak for anyone else but from what I have seen they are a solid football team. They are not the biggest team but they play really hard and make up a lot of that size with a physical brand of football. It isn't a big surprise to me that they beat Robinson or CAC (in those field conditions). They are just going to run into a bigger and more physical team Friday night. We are a tough match up for them on both sides of the ball. They will have a hard time running the football and they just don't have the passing game to overcome that. This is all just my opinion and we will see how it plays out Friday night.

Teams are gonna have trouble running on Nashville. Have to be able to attack them in the air to beat them.

TIGER101

Quote from: hawgfan15 on November 28, 2015, 12:06:36 pm

I have only seen them once.  What did you think they looked like?

TIGER101

prHOG13

Quote from: LJ06 on November 28, 2015, 12:17:44 pm
Quote from: hawgfan15 on November 28, 2015, 12:13:55 pm

Teams are gonna have trouble running on Nashville. Have to be able to attack them in the air to beat them.
PR can absolutely throw the football when they need to. It's just rare that they need to

this is a different team than the one folks saw earlier in the season.

hawgfan15

Quote from: TIGER101 on November 28, 2015, 12:24:07 pm

Guru12

Don't forget Pea Ridge still made it to the semi's. They're a good team and don't need to be doubted. Those kids are playing with a lot of heart right now, but yes Nashville is a good team. Just don't over look the Hawks yet.

Ole Legend

Quote from: hawgfan15 on November 28, 2015, 12:26:42 pm

In my opinion PR has one of the best, if not the best, receiver in the 1-4A. Holtgrewe #23 has been exception this year for the Hawks. PR doesn't pass the ball very much, but when they do it is usually to #23.

~WPS~

November 28, 2015, 02:03:50 pm #38 Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 02:07:28 pm by Ballplayer1
Quote from: Ole Legend on November 28, 2015, 01:43:18 pm
Quote from: hawgfan15 on November 28, 2015, 12:26:42 pm

In my opinion PR has one of the best, if not the best, receiver in the 1-4A. Holtgrewe #23 has been exception this year for the Hawks. PR doesn't pass the ball very much, but when they do it is usually to #23.
Edit:  Never mind. Misread your post.

MouthOfTheSouth215

apache_alum_90

And no one saw Pottsville playing Warren the way they did either.

Iknewthemwhen

Quote from: beach bum on November 27, 2015, 10:13:38 pm

More like re-familiarized.  I think they have played several times in the past few years.  Nashville has played, Shiloh, Prairie Grove, and Lincoln I believe.
Got to give the edge to Nashville.

~WPS~

November 28, 2015, 07:42:57 pm #42 Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 08:05:05 pm by Ballplayer1
Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on November 28, 2015, 07:39:34 pm

More like re-familiarized.  I think they have played several times in the past few years.  Nashville has played, Shiloh, Prairie Grove, and Lincoln I believe.
Nashville played Gravette a while back too. We've played PG the most. I think 5 times since 2003.

prHOG13

Pea Ridge played Malvern last year in the playoffs too

~WPS~

November 28, 2015, 08:04:37 pm #44 Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 08:08:51 pm by Ballplayer1
Nashville is 12-5 against current 1-4A teams. Shiloh and PG account for 4 losses, and 9 of the games. Pea Ridge and Berryville are the only teams Nashville has never played.

hawgfan15

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on November 28, 2015, 07:42:57 pm

Nashville played Gravette a while back too. We've played PG the most. I think 4 times since 2003.

Yep we beat Gravette in the semifinals in 2007. Played Lincoln in 2013 and Shiloh in 2009, 2010, and 2015.

Counting last years game with PG I think that makes 5 times.

~WPS~

Quote from: hawgfan15 on November 28, 2015, 08:05:57 pm
Quote from: Ballplayer1 on November 28, 2015, 07:42:57 pm

Nashville played Gravette a while back too. We've played PG the most. I think 4 times since 2003.

Yep we beat Gravette in the semifinals in 2007. Played Lincoln in 2013 and Shiloh in 2009, 2010, and 2015.

Counting last years game with PG I think that makes 5 times.
Double checked and we have played PG 5 times.

~WPS~

Nashville vs. 1-4A

PG, 3-2 (2003, 2006, 2009, 2012, 2014)
Shiloh, 1-2 (2009, 2010, 2015)
Huntsville, 2-0 (1994, 1999)
Gravette, 2-0 (1996, 2007)
Gentry, 2-0 (1997, 2010)
Lincoln, 0-1 (2013)

I just realized Ozark isn't in 1-4A anymore. So Nashville's record is 10-5. Notably undefeated at home, 9-0.

Oldbadger

Haven't seen Nashville or Pea Ridge this year.  Both coaches have done an excellent job.  However, I remember in 2013 I was the only poster, it seemed, that felt Lincoln had a chance against Nashville in the first round of the playoffs. Even some of the current posters will remember believing that all Nashville had to do is to show up.  I feel the players also felt that.  They came out flat and before they could recover they were riding the bus home after losing to Lincoln who the next week embarrassed Malvern.  These are two of the elites of 7-4A losing to a lowly 1-4A team.  So, don't let past performance color your comments.  As one of the posters from Nashville posted after the Lincoln loss, "This crow taste pretty good, could use a little more salt". lol.

Iknewthemwhen

I'm partial to blackbird pie but I don't see Pea Ridge winning on Friday.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas