• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Semifinals- Prairie Grove hosts Arkadelphia

Started by beach bum, November 27, 2015, 09:39:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

richboy

Quote from: Tigerdad2 on November 29, 2015, 10:41:09 am
Quote from: Bigredhog1971 on November 29, 2015, 01:31:26 am
Quote from: Tigerdad2 on November 28, 2015, 04:31:53 pm
PG by 21
And you said PG would mercy rule Ashdown so that makes you look stupid by that prediction!!!
Not really it was 18-0 at one point
Nashville is the only team that has a chance to slow down PG's offense

After watching play by play film on yalls games. arkadelphia takes this one. your offense isn't as deadly as you think.

Lionclub67

Quote from: richboy on November 29, 2015, 12:31:06 pm
PG by 21
And you said PG would mercy rule Ashdown so that makes you look stupid by that prediction!!!

After watching play by play film on yalls games. arkadelphia takes this one. your offense isn't as deadly as you think.
Arkadalphia defense sure isn't the best PG has seen, PG will blow away arky D maybe worse than star city

hawgfan15

What defense has PG seen that is better than Arkadelphia's? I am not saying you are wrong just curious to see who you think is better.

Lionclub67

Quote from: hawgfan15 on November 29, 2015, 12:39:52 pm
What defense has PG seen that is better than Arkadelphia's? I am not saying you are wrong just curious to see who you think is better.
I personally think Pea ridge is better and I think Ashdowns is better..

Iknewthemwhen

What are you guys basing "best defenses" on?  Points allowed, wins?

TIGER101

Quote from: hawgfan15 on November 29, 2015, 12:39:52 pm

I have not seen Arko play this year, but if they are anywhere as close as they normally are they will probably be the best defense Prairie Grove has seen this year

1stAdmendment

Quote from: Oldbadger on November 29, 2015, 12:16:40 pm
Quote from: 1stAdmendment on November 29, 2015, 08:49:27 am
How wonderful to see the first amendment alive and well. Such a shame our forefathers didin't have the insight to implement an ignorance clause.  A gag order if you will for those who speak without knowledge, improperly group their words with slang spellings and/or definitions to cause offense.  Little did we know that our social mediocrity evolution would render common sense helpless.  Kicked back in their reclining chairs with their computing instrument propped up on their beer bellies eager to match wits with anyone who will digest their rhetoric.  Urging to vicarously re-live the glory days of their undiagnosed concussions received tripping over the banner paper striking their heads upon the surface of the field to be the only contact they would have.  With that an idiocracy is forumed ( yes I spelled it like that on purpose) in which so-called mature adults have intellectual battles of the bruised brains.  Eventually with enough prodding and probing their lack of wisdom is sure to shine through... Bravo, carry on ole chaps as uninformative your comments are they are quite benevolent and somewhat entertaining.  In today's socialite web hiding content means nothing as long as it is entertaining.

Make no mistake my friends this is: THE YEAR OF THE TIGER!!! LMFAO ( Little Men Fridays Are Over) #17 is awesome !!!

With all due respect you may put your artificial field you know where is it requires no sunlight!

Dang, 1stAmendment, all that verbosity!  And after only three days posting.  I actually had to ask Google what some of those words meant! You did hit upon something though.  I wondered what my problem was and now I know!  I have a bruised brain from a undiagnosed concussion.  I still remember when it happened though.  Against Nashville, back before facemasks and space plastic helmets.  I still think that Scrapper kicked me in the back of the head on purpose.  Didn't know where I was until I walked into Joda's after the game.  But anyway, I WAS a player and we did tie for the championship that year with Ashdown.  Hung up my cleats and been on the sidelines since.  I do have a pretty good reckoning of the game though.  So, yeah, I do enjoy living vicariously through my grandkids.  A lot of fun.  Raised two sons who were Badgers and one grandson who will be at PG this Friday.  Two other grandsons who play for other high school teams.  I probably am like most other posters here who post for fun and are usually not taken seriously when poking comments at each other.  I know several of the PG posters, have met a few.  I like those guys and we usually don't take one another too seriously. Maybe, after you get used to it, you can do it too.  Anyway, have fun posting.  See you at the game, Friday! Oh, Go Badgers!

I've enjoyed your posts Oldbadger, it's those that have their dog in the wrong hunt and take cheap shots at a young man's character when they don't know who or what they are talking about.  I'm all for good comratory and ribbing each other just don't find it proper to take shots at any of the kids for any reason.  A lot of respect for Arkys program here is one you will remember and glad to give them props in '85 when I was playing they were ranked by USA Today for several weeks as the No. 1 team in the country.  Lot of tradition and won't be taken lightly have a safe trip and best of luck, the field will be fast and ready the way we like it ;-)

Lionheart88

How wonderful to see the first amendment alive and well. Such a shame our forefathers didin't have the insight to implement an ignorance clause.  A gag order if you will for those who speak without knowledge, improperly group their words with slang spellings and/or definitions to cause offense.  Little did we know that our social mediocrity evolution would render common sense helpless.  Kicked back in their reclining chairs with their computing instrument propped up on their beer bellies eager to match wits with anyone who will digest their rhetoric.  Urging to vicarously re-live the glory days of their undiagnosed concussions received tripping over the banner paper striking their heads upon the surface of the field to be the only contact they would have.  With that an idiocracy is forumed ( yes I spelled it like that on purpose) in which so-called mature adults have intellectual battles of the bruised brains.  Eventually with enough prodding and probing their lack of wisdom is sure to shine through... Bravo, carry on ole chaps as uninformative your comments are they are quite benevolent and somewhat entertaining.  In today's socialite web hiding content means nothing as long as it is entertaining.

Make no mistake my friends this is: THE YEAR OF THE TIGER!!! LMFAO ( Little Men Fridays Are Over) #17 is awesome !!!

With all due respect you may put your artificial field you know where is it requires no sunlight!
The eloquence of your verbose circumlocution leaves me inarticulate.

gametime

Blah blah blah, go back to crying in your moms lap because you were selected 2nd to last in dodge ball right before some girl named princess.    :'(

Nip/Tusk

You misspelled "didn't" and your last sentence has "is" and "it" in the incorrect location.

Good effort though.

TIGER101

PrivateLesson

1stAdmendment

Quote from: Josh Louin on November 29, 2015, 02:59:43 pm

You misspelled "didn't" and your last sentence has "is" and "it" in the incorrect location.

Good effort though.
Quote from: PrivateLesson on November 29, 2015, 03:07:35 pm
Love his username.....Admendment.

Glad you can spell too bad you can't understand.  Your exercising your 1st when you should be pleading the 5th.  After reading your posts I wouldn't expect you to understand the spelling of the username.  Cast a net and the dumb ones will swim right in, if you are taking offense to my post then it must remind you of someone.  Talk football and stop talking about the character off people whom you don't know, at least that would be more appropriate in my opinion but as I stated you unfortunately have a right to your opinion also.  Can't argue with an idiot people watching might not be intelligent enough to know who the idiot is.  Carry on I believe you have more than made my point. I would hope no father would stand by and listen to someone question his son's character without speaking up.

PrivateLesson

Quote from: 1stAdmendment on November 29, 2015, 04:07:59 pm
Quote from: Josh Louin on November 29, 2015, 02:59:43 pm

Good effort though.
Quote from: PrivateLesson on November 29, 2015, 03:07:35 pm
Love his username.....Admendment.

Glad you can spell too bad you can't understand.  Your exercising your 1st when you should be pleading the 5th.  After reading your posts I wouldn't expect you to understand the spelling of the username.  Cast a net and the dumb ones will swim right in, if you are taking offense to my post then it must remind you of someone.  Talk football and stop talking about the character off people whom you don't know, at least that would be more appropriate in my opinion but as I stated you unfortunately have a right to your opinion also.  Can't argue with an idiot people watching might not be intelligent enough to know who the idiot is.  Carry on I believe you have more than made my point. I would hope no father would stand by and listen to someone question his son's character without speaking up.

I'm not sure why I was included in your rant.   I was being sincere.   Welcome to Fearless Friday.  I hope you enjoy.   :)

PrivateLesson

I'm also unclear to where I questioned your character or anyone's for that matter.   I was one of the few that picked Arkadelphia to defeat Dardanelle.  Your investigative skills are either lacking or non-existent in regards to you claiming to have read my post history.   

Shall we try again??

polksalet

1stAdmendment

That was for Josh accidentally included you, technically challenged, my apologies.  Not an arky fan PG dad josh and a few others had some off color comments about my son last week which a friend pointed out so thought I would check it out and just wanted them to know I don't appreciate that about my son or any of the kids for that matter. I am sure that isn't what this forum was set up for.  Again my apologies.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: 1stAdmendment on November 29, 2015, 04:55:59 pm
That was for Josh accidentally included you, technically challenged, my apologies.  Not an arky fan PG dad josh and a few others had some off color comments about my son last week which a friend pointed out so thought I would check it out and just wanted them to know I don't appreciate that about my son or any of the kids for that matter. I am sure that isn't what this forum was set up for.  Again my apologies.

They were just exercising their "1st amendment" rights.  :)

PrivateLesson

Quote from: 1stAdmendment on November 29, 2015, 04:55:59 pm

Apology accepted....and as a parent, I don't blame you for defending your child or any child for that matter.  You are correct in your assumption that Fearless was NOT created for bashing kids.   Good luck to your son. 

Nip/Tusk

Not sure what you are talking about.

I didn't talk about any kid in a negative way. In fact, I was defending #17 from pg if that's who you are referring to.

Oldbadger

1stAmendment, I too do not like posting derogatory info about anyone, players, coaches, even posters.  Poke fun at each other, sometimes seriously discuss football, but never criticize players or other students.  I will criticize ideas, statements, or comments, but never, the person.

Cajun Hog

Quote from: Oldbadger on November 29, 2015, 05:51:56 pm
1stAmendment, I too do not like posting derogatory info about anyone, players, coaches, even posters.  Poke fun at each other, sometimes seriously discuss football, but never criticize players or other students.  I will criticize ideas, statements, or comments, but never, the person.

More people should follow these tips.

beach bum

Quote from: richboy on November 29, 2015, 12:31:06 pm
PG by 21

An offense doesn't have to be flashy to be effective..... I hope you know that. Of course trap, read, and sweep don't look flashy on film. It just works!

beach bum

November 29, 2015, 08:04:22 pm #73 Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 08:18:52 pm by beach bum
I am pretty sure Coach Abshier doesn't care if his Wing T looks flashy on film.... especially when his "simple" offense is gashing a defense for 8 yards a pop.

Oldbadger

November 29, 2015, 08:41:04 pm #74 Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 08:43:18 pm by Oldbadger
I have to say this, I have never seen a team run the Wing-T as well as PG.  I haven't seen them this year, but in the past when I have seen them it is hard to stop.  However, this will not be the first time the Badgers have seen the Wing.  So the Badgers coach will have already made his plan.

mharris31696

This will be the 4th or 5th game Arkadelphia will play against the Wing T. Not knowing anything but what I've read the last couple of days I think this is a pretty even matchup. I see it being close either way.

JoeWho

Something to think about.  Arkadelphia is 7 and 1 on the Road.  ;D

One and four at home   :'(

I would say Arkadelphia travels well! 

If Prairie Grove is smart, they would ask that the game be move to Arkadelphia.  ;)

Overdahill

Quote from: mharris31696 on November 29, 2015, 09:43:44 pm
This will be the 4th or 5th game Arkadelphia will play against the Wing T. Not knowing anything but what I've read the last couple of days I think this is a pretty even matchup. I see it being close either way.

wow, that's kind of shocking in 2015

We Are Shiloh

Mark my words; I will be correct on this one! My prediction for this game:

PG: Lots of Pts
Arky: especially upset

or

PG: especially upset
Arky: Lots of Pts

Lionheart88

I don't think Arkadelphia's going to get too upset if their Cinderella run ends.  They were a fourth seed, have pulled three straight upsets, if they lose out in the semis it's nothing to be ashamed of.  More to build on for next year.

Dragline

Quote from: Lionheart88 on November 30, 2015, 03:00:22 pm
I don't think Arkadelphia's going to get too upset if their Cinderella run ends.  They were a fourth seed, have pulled three straight upsets, if they lose out in the semis it's nothing to be ashamed of.  More to build on for next year.
Finally making up for their failure as a #1 seed?

beach bum

November 30, 2015, 03:50:29 pm #81 Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 04:37:22 pm by beach bum
Quote from: Dragline on November 30, 2015, 03:01:58 pm
Quote from: Lionheart88 on November 30, 2015, 03:00:22 pm
Finally making up for their failure as a #1 seed?

I really think they have only had one real major upset along the way and that was last week. They were straight up just better than HWH. And the Fountain Lake game was just a rematch of two teams that are extremely familiar with each other. So that one maybe the slightest of upsets. I think Arkadelphia is just proving what they are and that's a really good football team from a really good conference. All that said I am still going with PG by 8.

CounterPunch

I hope Praroe Grove wins it all. They have a good shot

Oldbadger

Quote from: CounterPunch on November 30, 2015, 04:54:10 pm
I hope Praroe Grove wins it all. They have a good shot
CounterPunch, just use the initials, PG, next time.  Hard to spell.  I have to disagree with LionHeart.  The Badgers will be upset because they really feel they can win this all.  They had to reinvent themselves after their best player, who did so much at so many different positions, was hurt in the first game of the year.  After losing a few games they had some youngsters step up.  Then they began to win again.  Don't ever count the Badgers out, ask Malvern. You best be ready to play every play. The Badgers will. The last four games every one counted the Badgers out.  Just like this one.  They won't come up there to lose!!

Jag-Class07

mharris31696

December 01, 2015, 07:57:40 am #85 Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 08:00:02 am by mharris31696
Quote from: Overdahill on November 30, 2015, 01:42:44 pm
Quote from: mharris31696 on November 29, 2015, 09:43:44 pm

wow, that's kind of shocking in 2015

Yeah Sheridan, Ft Lake (twice), Bauxite, and I'm thinking Waldren

bigchief72455

Quote from: We Are Shiloh on November 30, 2015, 02:51:59 pm
Mark my words; I will be correct on this one! My prediction for this game:

PG: Lots of Pts
Arky: especially upset

or

PG: especially upset
Arky: Lots of Pts
LOL

gametime

I tell you what, ever since 1stadmendment put a dark cloud over this thread it hasn't been worth reading.  Need to change his/her name to Debbie Downer

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: gametime on December 01, 2015, 01:38:04 pm
I tell you what, ever since 1stadmendment put a dark cloud over this thread it hasn't been worth reading.  Need to change his/her name to Debbie Downer

I can think of a way to get it going again.... But we would get the especially upset police on us...

gametime

Some of the time a parent is a kids worst enemy

Oldbadger

Dang, gametime, you are worse than a bad penny, showing up at the worst time.  What you been doing hiding out and staying low?  I've been over on the 6A board supporting Benton.  Their year is over so I thought I would hang with you guys.  As you know I also am a Badger alum so got to back them.  I will be there this year to watch the Badgers put an end to PG's season so they can get an early start on basketball.  Looking forward to reading your words of wisdom.

Sweetfeet

Darn Oldbadger, I didn't even think about you coming to town for the game.  I'm going to Kansas City for business this weekend or else we could meet up at the game.

gametime

December 01, 2015, 04:45:32 pm #92 Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 04:59:09 pm by gametime
Quote from: Oldbadger on December 01, 2015, 03:46:49 pm
Dang, gametime, you are worse than a bad penny, showing up at the worst time.  What you been doing hiding out and staying low?  I've been over on the 6A board supporting Benton.  Their year is over so I thought I would hang with you guys.  As you know I also am a Badger alum so got to back them.  I will be there this year to watch the Badgers put an end to PG's season so they can get an early start on basketball.  Looking forward to reading your words of wisdom.

Been hiding.  My wife left me for a newer model, so I have been taking the money I had put back that she didn't know about and doing some traveling.  She said I had an attitude problem, go figure.  You hang in there and don't leave this site, that way I will never be the oldest poster.  Lord knows these young'ns can't handle it.  They're afraid of offending or hurting feeling.

Oldbadger

Hey Sweetfeet, gametime.  Good to hear from you both.  Got a grandson playing for the Badgers so you'll be hearing from me regularly.  He's just a soph, but still gets some PT.  Post later!

prHOG13

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on December 01, 2015, 01:46:16 pm

I can think of a way to get it going again.... But we would get the especially upset police on us...

TIGER101

Quote from: prHOG13 on December 01, 2015, 11:49:03 pm
Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on December 01, 2015, 01:46:16 pm

+1^^^^^^

Lions84

TIGER101

TIGER101

Quote from: TIGER101 on December 02, 2015, 07:28:01 pm
PG Nation 44
Badger Nation 40

Arko will have to work very hard to get their 40.  They score late to make it look good...

Nip/Tusk

My pg sources tell me they will win this fairly easily.

Pg by 17

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas