• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Semifinals- Prairie Grove hosts Arkadelphia

Started by beach bum, November 27, 2015, 09:39:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

beach bum

PG 42 Arkadelphia 35... Let the talking begin.

$aintMaximu$

WPWells

$aintMaximu$

WPWells

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on November 27, 2015, 09:46:54 pm
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 27, 2015, 09:42:22 pm
Prairie Grove wins big

We should go to this one, weather pending...

I'll be at my sister's choir concert. She has the opening solo in the Hendrix Candlelight Carols service

I hate to miss this one :(

beach bum

Anyone have a detailed scouting report on Arkadelphia? I see PG getting into the 30's at least in this one but imagine Arky scores often as well in this.

PGTIGERS09

strongandsteady

SGT.HULKA

I still think that Dardanelle is one of the top three teams in the state and Arkadelphia just beat them at their place SO....

I'm gonna go with the Badgers, they impressed me tonight I must say.

HeadBussa08

polksalet

Arkansasfootballfan

prHOG13

polksalet

Oldbadger

Someone tell us what condition PG's field is in.  Is it still natural grass?

Lionheart88

I'll bet Arkadelphia loves being picked to lose week after week.  I'm sure they'd be happy to ride the underdog role all the way to the finals.  lol

prHOG13

Quote from: Oldbadger on November 28, 2015, 02:10:42 am
Someone tell us what condition PG's field is in.  Is it still natural grass?
it drains really well the times we've played there and the weather has been poor. Yes it is natural grass

SUGARTOWN

Match up of 2 of the hottest teams right now. What Arkadelphia's done in the playoffs is impressive, but I think PG wins this one, they seem to play great at home.

TIGER101

I will let everyone know what the final score will be in a few days....

beach bum

Quote from: TIGER101 on November 28, 2015, 12:07:00 pm

And people better take it to the bank this time!!

WPWells

SaintMax, if PG wins let's go to the championship

TIGER101

Quote from: beach bum on November 28, 2015, 12:24:13 pm

I will have to get Liquored up first!!!   Lol

Oldbadger

November 28, 2015, 01:33:23 pm #22 Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 01:43:53 pm by Oldbadger
Quote from: TIGER101 on November 28, 2015, 12:27:42 pm

Hey Tiger, if you are as good at predicting football games as you are at horse races, I wouldn't pay you any attention. lol.  You are the only person I know that goes to the races just to feed the horses. lol. Hey, I will be your nemisis this week.  I have a grandson that is on the Badger team.  Looking forward to returning to NW Arkansas.  Great part of the world.  I still have relatives at Lincoln and Springdale.  I don't know the players for the Tigers but I do know, nothing has changed.  99% run with a pass or two interspersed to keep the opponent honsest.  Looking forward to seeing what the Badgers can do to stop that run.  Good luck!

Oldbadger

Did PG play at home last night?  If it rained all night like at other places it has to be in bad shape.  I vote we move the game to Arkadelphia where the game can be played on turf.  Anyone agree?lol

whippersnapper

Rain hasn't let up hardly in NWA in the last 24 hours. Maybe move the game to Fayetteville High? Be plenty of seating and a turf field.

livingwithcause

Quote from: Oldbadger on November 28, 2015, 01:33:23 pm
Quote from: TIGER101 on November 28, 2015, 12:27:42 pm

Hey Tiger, if you are as good at predicting football games as you are at horse races, I wouldn't pay you any attention. lol.  You are the only person I know that goes to the races just to feed the horses. lol. Hey, I will be your nemisis this week.  I have a grandson that is on the Badger team.  Looking forward to returning to NW Arkansas.  Great part of the world.  I still have relatives at Lincoln and Springdale.  I don't know the players for the Tigers but I do know, nothing has changed.  99% run with a pass or two interspersed to keep the opponent honsest.  Looking forward to seeing what the Badgers can do to stop that run.  Good luck!

You do know Dodd the PG QB has over 1700 yards passing and 24 TDS this year.... I would say we are more 70-30 running.

(Just adding fuel to a fire  :P )

HeberFan

Both teams played GREAT last week. The big question will be which one comes out flat this week. Could be a very lopsided game, but, I don't have a clue which will win.

Tigerdad2

Nip/Tusk

You didnt have a clue last week either HeberFan but that didnt stop you from running your mouth. LMBO.

Seriously though, can Arky slow down pgs offense at all?

Oldbadger

Quote from: whippersnapper on November 28, 2015, 01:45:35 pm
Rain hasn't let up hardly in NWA in the last 24 hours. Maybe move the game to Fayetteville High? Be plenty of seating and a turf field.
Would probably be in PG's favor.  Badgers played last night in a quagmire at Dardenelle and won against the 1 seed.  I, for one, want the field conditions to be good to allow the teams to showcase what got them where they are.  Below freezing temps are predicted up there so probably not a quagmire but it will be frozen!  Which is worse, I don't know.  I would love to move it to Fayetteville.  It would not hurt attendance at all.

Lionheart88

Quote from: Josh Louin on November 28, 2015, 05:12:41 pm
You didnt have a clue last week either HeberFan but that didnt stop you from running your mouth. LMBO.

They slowed Dardanelle's down last week, didn't they?

$aintMaximu$

WPWells

Alright! We can finalize plans if it looks like my schedule will work!

HeberFan

Quote from: Josh Louin on November 28, 2015, 05:12:41 pm

Don't know how to win with class, do you? Means you lose either way.

Nip/Tusk

Whatever you say Heber. You were the one calling pg oyster all week.

Btw, Good luck Friday.

HeberFan

Quote from: Josh Louin on November 28, 2015, 06:40:40 pm
Whatever you say Heber. You were the one calling pg oyster all week.

Btw, Good luck Friday.

Oysters sometimes contain pearls....

Iknewthemwhen

Prairie Grove by 7 plus the home-field advantage. So 35 - 21 PG.  The only thing I see changing this is if PG cannot run with Arkadelphia.

HeberFan

Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on November 28, 2015, 08:14:34 pm
Prairie Grove by 7 plus the home-field advantage. So 35 - 21 PG.  The only thing I see changing this is if PG cannot run with Arkadelphia.

Home field will help. Both teams played over their heads last week. Someone will be FLAT on Friday.

Oldbadger

Quote from: HeberFan on November 28, 2015, 08:25:16 pm
Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on November 28, 2015, 08:14:34 pm

Home field will help. Both teams played over their heads last week. Someone will be FLAT on Friday.
Speaking of the field, I alluded to the field condition early in this thread.  Anyone know the real condition of the field, someone who was there last night?

Nip/Tusk

The field drains really well from people I've talked to. There were a couple of spots that did have a puddle but didnt affect any play last night.

Oldbadger

Well, thats great.  I have been there before and knew the surface was good for a grass field but with a game played on it while raining I was concerned.  Some fields were mud baths.  Not good for playing.  It does tend to equalize teams however.

livingwithcause

Quote from: Oldbadger on November 28, 2015, 08:41:06 pm
Well, thats great.  I have been there before and knew the surface was good for a grass field but with a game played on it while raining I was concerned.  Some fields were mud baths.  Not good for playing.  It does tend to equalize teams however.

Even after the game the field is still in good condition for raining for 24 hours an then raining the whole time people were on it.  Some patches here and there but nothing bad.  The only spot that might be a little trouble is in the endzone next the the score board (new board was put in right before the first scrimmage so the grass never has really grown in yet) but that is in the back of an endzone.

Wendell Robinson

Prairie Grove's field was in great shape from what I could tell. There were a few puddles along the sidelines, particularly close to the endzones. The field stayed in good condition considering the conditions. This due to the fact that they were never on one part for very long. Big plays were the name of the game for PG. I saw film from other games and PG's field was exceptional compared to the others.

Bigredhog1971

November 29, 2015, 01:31:26 am #43 Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 01:33:25 am by Bigredhog1971
Quote from: Tigerdad2 on November 28, 2015, 04:31:53 pm
PG by 21
And you said PG would mercy rule Ashdown so that makes you look stupid by that prediction!!!

Scooter2121

PG is the Mena of last year got lucky with the side of the bracket they are on and got lucky with the teams they matched up with!!!But that will end if they make it to the rock Just like Mena!!!

TIGER101

Quote from: Scooter2121 on November 29, 2015, 01:58:30 am
PG is the Mena of last year got lucky with the side of the bracket they are on and got lucky with the teams they matched up with!!!But that will end if they make it to the rock Just like Mena!!!

Lucky????  Mena????  Seriously????
How does one know what side of the brakes is the easy one...  is it just the side that Nashville isn't on? Is it just the side that Warren isn't on?  Is it just the side Stuttgart isn't on?  Dollarway too?  Have you ever seen a bracket where all these teams are on the same side?  PG has nothing to apologize for.  Year after year they face these teams, and in some years multiple. 

1stAdmendment

How wonderful to see the first amendment alive and well. Such a shame our forefathers didin't have the insight to implement an ignorance clause.  A gag order if you will for those who speak without knowledge, improperly group their words with slang spellings and/or definitions to cause offense.  Little did we know that our social mediocrity evolution would render common sense helpless.  Kicked back in their reclining chairs with their computing instrument propped up on their beer bellies eager to match wits with anyone who will digest their rhetoric.  Urging to vicarously re-live the glory days of their undiagnosed concussions received tripping over the banner paper striking their heads upon the surface of the field to be the only contact they would have.  With that an idiocracy is forumed ( yes I spelled it like that on purpose) in which so-called mature adults have intellectual battles of the bruised brains.  Eventually with enough prodding and probing their lack of wisdom is sure to shine through... Bravo, carry on ole chaps as uninformative your comments are they are quite benevolent and somewhat entertaining.  In today's socialite web hiding content means nothing as long as it is entertaining.

Make no mistake my friends this is: THE YEAR OF THE TIGER!!! LMFAO ( Little Men Fridays Are Over) #17 is awesome !!!

With all due respect you may put your artificial field you know where is it requires no sunlight!

TIGER101

November 29, 2015, 10:24:49 am #47 Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 10:26:25 am by TIGER101

Tigerdad2

Quote from: Bigredhog1971 on November 29, 2015, 01:31:26 am
Quote from: Tigerdad2 on November 28, 2015, 04:31:53 pm
PG by 21
And you said PG would mercy rule Ashdown so that makes you look stupid by that prediction!!!
Not really it was 18-0 at one point
Nashville is the only team that has a chance to slow down PG's offense

Oldbadger

Quote from: 1stAdmendment on November 29, 2015, 08:49:27 am
How wonderful to see the first amendment alive and well. Such a shame our forefathers didin't have the insight to implement an ignorance clause.  A gag order if you will for those who speak without knowledge, improperly group their words with slang spellings and/or definitions to cause offense.  Little did we know that our social mediocrity evolution would render common sense helpless.  Kicked back in their reclining chairs with their computing instrument propped up on their beer bellies eager to match wits with anyone who will digest their rhetoric.  Urging to vicarously re-live the glory days of their undiagnosed concussions received tripping over the banner paper striking their heads upon the surface of the field to be the only contact they would have.  With that an idiocracy is forumed ( yes I spelled it like that on purpose) in which so-called mature adults have intellectual battles of the bruised brains.  Eventually with enough prodding and probing their lack of wisdom is sure to shine through... Bravo, carry on ole chaps as uninformative your comments are they are quite benevolent and somewhat entertaining.  In today's socialite web hiding content means nothing as long as it is entertaining.

Make no mistake my friends this is: THE YEAR OF THE TIGER!!! LMFAO ( Little Men Fridays Are Over) #17 is awesome !!!

With all due respect you may put your artificial field you know where is it requires no sunlight!

Dang, 1stAmendment, all that verbosity!  And after only three days posting.  I actually had to ask Google what some of those words meant! You did hit upon something though.  I wondered what my problem was and now I know!  I have a bruised brain from a undiagnosed concussion.  I still remember when it happened though.  Against Nashville, back before facemasks and space plastic helmets.  I still think that Scrapper kicked me in the back of the head on purpose.  Didn't know where I was until I walked into Joda's after the game.  But anyway, I WAS a player and we did tie for the championship that year with Ashdown.  Hung up my cleats and been on the sidelines since.  I do have a pretty good reckoning of the game though.  So, yeah, I do enjoy living vicariously through my grandkids.  A lot of fun.  Raised two sons who were Badgers and one grandson who will be at PG this Friday.  Two other grandsons who play for other high school teams.  I probably am like most other posters here who post for fun and are usually not taken seriously when poking comments at each other.  I know several of the PG posters, have met a few.  I like those guys and we usually don't take one another too seriously. Maybe, after you get used to it, you can do it too.  Anyway, have fun posting.  See you at the game, Friday! Oh, Go Badgers!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas