• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pea Ridge @ CAC

Started by prHOG13, November 21, 2015, 10:26:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

prHOG13

Discuss

Pea Ridge rolling at the right time. CAC flying quietly under the radar all season long, and a legit contender.

Looking forward to this one. Hope Coach Travis and coach Caton continue with a similar aggressive gameplay this week.  Nothing to lose with this young team.

hawgfan15

If Pea Ridge can continue to force turnovers they will have a shot no doubt. I think this CAC team is very underrated though. Should be a great game.

CAC 28

Pea Ridge 21

Cfpr

Anyone know anything about CAC? Pass/run? Between the tackles? Sweeps? Star players?
I'll be pulling for pr, but that's a given.

Pokey03

Can and will pass. best reciever in 4a

hawgfan15

Josh Johnson is probably the best WR in the state. The RB Braylon Harris is a big physical runner and a stud at LB. They have a very solid QB in Evans. Just an all around solid football team.

prHOG13

Yeah Johnson committed to Indiana about a week of two back.  Top 400 player in the country in '17. Arkansas will give him a strong look if he comes up to camp. I think Jordan Jones is better, but both are obviously very good.

prHOG13

Looks like Robinson handled CAC early in the year.

I'm expecting a shootout.

THE D.O.C

Quote from: prHOG13 on November 22, 2015, 07:36:17 am

CAC run the spread to perfection, they have a receiver core that will go get the ball. QB loves throwing to slot receiver and RB from back-field. Defensively they have a stud DL kid that's about 6-6 with a D1 body, also plays  OT. CAC's passing attack is the best I've seen in 4A to this point.

SUGARTOWN

November 22, 2015, 08:57:43 am #8 Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 02:48:27 pm by SUGARTOWN
Quote from: THE D.O.C on November 22, 2015, 08:42:44 am
Quote from: prHOG13 on November 22, 2015, 07:36:17 am

CAC run the spread to perfection, they have a receiver core that will go get the ball. QB loves throwing to slot receiver and RB from back-field. Defensively they have a stud DL kid that's about 6-6 with a D1 body, also plays  OT. CAC's passing attack is the best I've seen in 4A to this point.

This is a good assessment of CAC. And it goes without saying that they're better coached than Robinson.

GHS_08

Gosnell hung with CAC for a half getting some crucial turnovers but CAC scored on every drive in the second half.  If the Mustangs protect the ball they will be tough to keep up with. They have the best reciever in 4A and a pretty dang good running back. CAC 35 Pea Ridge 21

dukes424

I believe the young Hawks prevail again if the coaching staff comes out with the same aggressive approach. It's pretty awesome knowing that 95% of our team will be back next year. I'm looking forward to the match up of the Cac dynamic receiver against The Hawks secondary especially the sophomore #6. I think that kid could defend Dez Bryant. Anyhow look forward to a great game .. PR 34 Cac 28

Cfpr

PR 28 CAC 21. Hawks survive another round.

Nip/Tusk

Would be a great accomplishment for a young pr team, but would only solidly what I've said about the entire 4a being down this year.

dukes424

Well I've been around this league for around 15 years  and have been pretty involved. - I don't see it as being a down year. I see it as being a normal year. Out of the last 15 years from 2000-2015. I would say  I would call the upper echelon years of the 4a ( highest talent level)  Imo would be from 2007 - 2012.

Nip/Tusk

I'm also basing it on the fact that pg ran roughshod through the conference this year and had much more talent last year.

I know talent doesn't always equate to success, but usually does.

I'd be interested to see how many d-1 players are in the 4a this year compared to previous ones.

prHOG13

Quote from: Josh Louin on November 22, 2015, 03:25:34 pm
I'm also basing it on the fact that pg ran roughshod through the conference this year and had much more talent last year.

I'd be interested to see how many d-1 players are in the 4a this year compared to previous ones.
here's the ones I could find or off the top of my head...

Last year was a deep year:
-Lamichael Pettway- Nashville/Arkansas
-Will Gragg- Dumas/Arkansas
-Deon Stewart- Highland/Arkansas
-Darveon Brown- Warren/Ark State
-Emmanuel Cooper- Arkadelphia/Memphis
-Avery Johnson- Highland/Ark State
-Jaylon Marshall-Warren/Ark State
-Parker Witt-Dardanelle (did he sign somewhere?... pretty sure he had some D1 offers)

This year isn't bad:
-Austin Capps- Star City/Arkansas
-TJ Hammonds- Robinson/Arkansas
-Dylan Soehner- Prairie Grove/multiple D1 offers (uncommitted)
-Chris Kershner- Dardanelle/UCA commit with multiple D1 offers
-Brandon Northcross- Ashdown/has La Monroe offer

2014:
-Joshua Liddell- PB Dollarway/Arkansas
-Blake Mack- Lonoke/Ark State
-Jhamal Bell- Warren/Ark State

2013:
-CJ Gooden- Ashdown/Tulsa

beach bum

Quote from: Josh Louin on November 22, 2015, 03:25:34 pm

They also don't fumble the ball four or five times a game like last year.... there are things in sports called intangibles. If last years team doesn't have fumble-itis then yeah they probably win conference and go to the quarters like Shiloh did. However, again games aren't won off talent alone. So again, NO last years team was not as good as this years team. Games are not won on paper or talent alone. If they were, Robinson beats Pea Ridge last week.

sideline

If the weather forecast holds and it rains, the field will be sloppy.

Gray lizard

Guru12

Does CAC have a turf field??

SUGARTOWN

sideline

The field does not drain very well.  If it comes a hard rain for any length of time, there will be water standing on the field.  May need swim fins and goggles...............

prHOG13

Quote from: sideline on November 23, 2015, 01:07:01 pm
The field does not drain very well.  If it comes a hard rain for any length of time, there will be water standing on the field.  May need swim fins and goggles...............
if the field is sloppy, you've got to figure that benefits Pea Ridge given the offenses each school runs.

Nip/Tusk

I've heard a wet field favors the passing team in that the defense has to adjust the different routes and has to have good footing.

SUGARTOWN

You have to get up try to jam the wr's for CAC because they love to throw the little quick screen passes down the line of scrimmage with a blocker in front and pick up 5-6-7 yards a pop. If you play off like the Hogs did Saturday night they'll just move it right down the field. Tough offense to contain for 4 qtrs, they have a very good RB as well.

LION Dad

I'm gonna say CAC by 21 they shouldn't put the ball on the ground as much as Robinson did, that game gets played ten times Robinson wins it 9

Ole Legend

Quote from: LION Dad on November 23, 2015, 04:02:13 pm
I'm gonna say CAC by 21 they shouldn't put the ball on the ground as much as Robinson did, that game gets played ten times Robinson wins it 9

I disagree. I watched the entire game, and the Pea Ridge defense kept Hammonds from getting upfield. They controlled the tempo the entire night.

dukes424

Oh lion dad your just buttsore from your Palaski beat down and wanted some buttsore company😀  The Hawks are clicking and moving to the round of 8. If we win that's great if not we will move on to basketball knowing we had a great year with everyone coming back in 2016

beach bum

Quote from: dukes424 on November 23, 2015, 06:53:02 pm
Oh lion dad your just buttsore from your Palaski beat down and wanted some buttsore company😀  The Hawks are clicking and moving to the round of 8. If we win that's great if not we will move on to basketball knowing we had a great year with everyone coming back in 2016

It is amazing that in the playoffs everybody seems to think the team that knocked them out is the greatest thing ever to make them feel better about their loss.

LION Dad

I'm not trying to feel better I'm just saying they turned the ball over 5 times in the first half inside the 35 and only got beat by 1 and if you'll go back and read a post I was glad for the Hawks, I'm just stating my opinion isn't that what this is thing is all about, seem like your the one that's getting especially upset about what my opinion is

PGtigers21

I really think that when I saw PR play they were a very strong, physical team. I think in the middle season 2 losses they just had off games. 9 out of 10 they beat gravette any day. Sorry lion dad, I disagree with what you said about PR. I did hear that Robinson committed turnovers, but PR did no convert on there mistakes. They scored when they got the ball themselves, so technically if they would have scored on mistakes PR would have ran away with the game. This young PR team is underrated and we better watch out for them next year and years to come. They are very young and have a lot of talent. Some young players that stood out to me were #23 the WR that is a sophomore, he went and made a lot of plays for his team. Also Junior #2 RB had a lot of explosive runs just could not find a rhythm. And also the sophomore right handed Qb #14, PR rotates two QB's from what I saw when they played us, I was really impressed with the young QB making plays. I do believe that he had both touchdowns for PR in that game against PG, Im not sure why they rotate the two but hopefully their coach sees the right hander showing out more in my opinion. And PR defense is really good and tough.

PR has a lot of weapons and I would not under estimate their power.

I think PR will pull out another exciting one.

prHOG13

Quote from: PGtigers21 on November 24, 2015, 08:29:54 am
I really think that when I saw PR play they were a very strong, physical team. I think in the middle season 2 losses they just had off games. 9 out of 10 they beat gravette any day. Sorry lion dad, I disagree with what you said about PR. I did hear that Robinson committed turnovers, but PR did no convert on there mistakes. They scored when they got the ball themselves, so technically if they would have scored on mistakes PR would have ran away with the game. This young PR team is underrated and we better watch out for them next year and years to come. They are very young and have a lot of talent. Some young players that stood out to me were #23 the WR that is a sophomore, he went and made a lot of plays for his team. Also Junior #2 RB had a lot of explosive runs just could not find a rhythm. And also the sophomore right handed Qb #14, PR rotates two QB's from what I saw when they played us, I was really impressed with the young QB making plays. I do believe that he had both touchdowns for PR in that game against PG, Im not sure why they rotate the two but hopefully their coach sees the right hander showing out more in my opinion. And PR defense is really good and tough.

very good post and good observations.

PR hit a bit of a snag midway through against PG and Gravette and I think the gameplan was way too conservative. The Gravette game was one that wouldn't have been a matchup had they played again. I was hoping they would have beaten Robinson so that there was a rematch, but oh well. PG is a very physical team as well and I love watching those two teams play. PG's experience showed in that matchup with PR and they made far fewer mistakes.

#23, #6, #2, and #14 are going to be very good players the next few years for PR. #6 is the younger brother of Dayton Winn, a current D3 All American RB for Hendrix College who led the state in rushing a few years back. #23 is the best receiver I've seen at Pea Ridge, and I just love the way he attacks the ball in the air. #14 has his ups and downs. He can make some incredible throws, but also takes some risks that he's gotten away with. Thats just part of being a sophomore and learning. He's going to be a good one as well and one of the few pure pocket passers PR has had in my time of following PR football. #2 Holley is a JR and very compact/strong kid. Doesn't quite have the breakaway speed in the 2nd level, but he's a workhorse that we've rode all season long. 

The question is can PR replace some of the OL they are going to lose next season. Skill players aren't going to be a problem for the foreseeable future.

LION Dad

My point is they should have beat them by 35 if they are so dominating, and they did score on a fumble recovery in the end zone, they will be a force the next few years I'm not gonna take that away from them, they got the breaks and that's football, my whole point is this they are a good young football team that has been very lucky and by the way we pretty much did whatever we wanted when we played avg 4.3 yards per carry and 11.3 yards per reception and we where 87% on throwing the ball that night

prHOG13

Quote from: LION Dad on November 24, 2015, 12:11:38 pm

My point is they should have beat them by 35 if they are so dominating, and they did score on a fumble recovery in the end zone, they will be a force the next few years I'm not gonna take that away from them, they got the breaks and that's football, my whole point is this they are a good young football team that has been very lucky and by the way we pretty much did whatever we wanted when we played avg 4.3 yards per carry and 11.3 yards per reception and we where 87% on throwing the ball that night
how have they been lucky? Because they forced several fumbles?

LION Dad

If you don't agree that you've been lucky, then I want some of what your drinking

LION Dad

They have had 13 total turnovers in the 11 games prior to the game they played against you guys, I'm pretty sure that the defenses they've played have been just as good or some better than yours in points allowed in the 4-4a pea ridge would be 5th in that category and points for you'd be 3rd so if you don't want to admit luck isn't a part of it ok, but luck is part of the game and everybody that's been around any kind of sport knows that

prHOG13

Quote from: LION Dad on November 24, 2015, 02:32:56 pm
They have had 13 total turnovers in the 11 games prior to the game they played against you guys, I'm pretty sure that the defenses they've played have been just as good or some better than yours in points allowed in the 4-4a pea ridge would be 5th in that category and points for you'd be 3rd so if you don't want to admit luck isn't a part of it ok, but luck is part of the game and everybody that's been around any kind of sport knows that
or it was a solid gameplan that was executed pretty well. I'm well aware of their turnover numbers coming into the game.

arkcrash

I'm looking forward to this one!!  Even though Pea Ridge is loaded with young talent, I hope they realize that getting this deep in the playoffs isn't gaurunteed to happen again.  In other words the time is now!!  Good luck Hawks!

dukes424

Lion dad are you still dwelling on getting spanked by Palaski ? Just let it go man just let it go. The Blackhawks took care of business for you. You should come root for the 1-4a in Little Rock Friday night. Go Hawks!!

Guru12

I've been right thus far on all my Upsets for Pea Ridge. I'm keeping it up and saying the Hawks go down to Little Rock in the rain and pull out a victory.

LION Dad

Love your attitudes and the fact that luck had no part in that ball taking a left hand turn before going out of bounds now the kid having the presence of swatting it out of the qb hands was great execution and picking it up for the score, you pull this one off this week and you can come on here and bash me all you want and I'll take it like a trooper, any team can get beat on any given night that's where I'm coming from, heck I guess it happened during week 6, but yeah good luck oh that's right you don't need that

dukes424

I agree luck always has a play in games , sports, success, etc. The ball roll your talking about was bitter sweet luck. Theres a lot of different ways you can look at good or bad luck. My old coach from years ago would say winning in anything in life is 1/3 talent 1/3 execution and 1/3 luck. To be honest with ya I think Palaski got lucky not to have 8 turnovers. there were 2 more passes that were clearly easy pics that were dropped and another fumble strip that a linemen got lucky falling on. Anyhow not bashing Gravette just defending my Hawks - Good luck in basketball.

Ole Legend

Quote from: LION Dad on November 24, 2015, 07:28:22 pm
Love your attitudes and the fact that luck had no part in that ball taking a left hand turn before going out of bounds now the kid having the presence of swatting it out of the qb hands was great execution and picking it up for the score, you pull this one off this week and you can come on here and bash me all you want and I'll take it like a trooper, any team can get beat on any given night that's where I'm coming from, heck I guess it happened during week 6, but yeah good luck oh that's right you don't need that

Good luck in basketball. You'll need it.

prHOG13

looking forward to making the trip down to LR tomorrow and watching this slopfest

looking at the satellite image of their field, reminds me of the old PR field. Probably going to be ugly. CAC's receivers could have some issues coming in/out of their cuts if the field doesn't drain as well as I've been told

should be a battle

beach bum

The Hawks get it done 34 to 20....

Hitman$$

LION Dad

Congrats to pea ridge, I'll eat all the crow you'll throw me, pretty darn good to have 2 teams in the semi finals from the 1-4a

TIGER101

Cajun Hog

Quote from: LION Dad on November 27, 2015, 09:14:30 pm
Congrats to pea ridge, I'll eat all the crow you'll throw me, pretty darn good to have 2 teams in the semi finals from the 1-4a

Type less and read more would help. PR is in final 4 face the facts they are darn good team and good teams find a way to win. 

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: Cajun Hog on November 27, 2015, 09:28:44 pm
Quote from: LION Dad on November 27, 2015, 09:14:30 pm

Type less and read more would help. PR is in final 4 face the facts they are darn good team and good teams find a way to win.

Congrats Pea Ridge!!! 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas