• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1/4 FINALS - Arkadelphia @ Dardanelle

Started by 3 Dollar, November 21, 2015, 04:17:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OOps

I haven't seen arky play, but I do know that to beat dardanelle you are going to have to spread them out and throw it because you won't run it on them.

Sigmund Sauer

How well does Arky travel? Hamburg packed the house last week.

Gray lizard

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on November 24, 2015, 03:17:30 pm
They brought a big crowd to Pottsville last year.  Big band, a lot of cheerleaders, big drill team, and a ton of players.  Get a lot of students involved and you have a big following.

arklasports57

Normally fill visitor stands with band and spectators but we'll see how the weather effects this Friday night

Apache4Life

Does Arky livestream their games ? I haven't found a Dardanelle site that does..let us know if you guys know of a way to watch this.

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: Apache4Life on November 24, 2015, 06:18:21 pm
Does Arky livestream their games ? I haven't found a Dardanelle site that does..let us know if you guys know of a way to watch this.
Dardanelle dropped their stream contract after last year which is beyond me, must have been a cost issue, the streams were quality IMO. Looks like both programs only have audio broadcast streams.

sportsguy80

How athletic are the lizards? Outside of the running back, I haven't heard or seen much film.

The Coach

Quote from: sportsguy80 on November 24, 2015, 08:39:51 pm
How athletic are the lizards? Outside of the running back, I haven't heard or seen much film.

Plenty athletic, plenty fast, and extremely physical

Best OL/DL in 4A that I've seen

sportsguy80

Quote from: The Coach on November 24, 2015, 08:52:55 pm

Hey what happen when they played Warren last year? I heard several rumors about the outcome and me personally was expecting a closer game since it was in Dardanelle. What's the biggest difference with this year's team?

The Coach

Quote from: sportsguy80 on November 24, 2015, 08:58:49 pm

Hey what happen when they played Warren last year? I heard several rumors about the outcome and me personally was expecting a closer game since it was in Dardanelle. What's the biggest difference with this year's team?

A closer game?  17-16 was the final score. They lost their big QB and a few other skill players. This years team is better on the OL/DL and 22 SR's returning.

Lionheart88

A couple of years ago I went to see them play at Warren in the quarters and the brought a bus or two just for fans.  Had fans crammed in like sardines and plenty more standing on either side of the visitor stand.

Gray lizard

[/quote]
[/quote]

Well Warren won the game cause they stuck in there and got (or made) a couple big breaks.  Runner was hit and stopped on the goal line(4th down if I remember correct) the ball bounced way out and up  into the hands of another player and he walked in for the score.  Then Dardanelle fumbled the ball and Warren lined up to kick field goal and the attempt was no where close, but contact with the kicker was called.  Ball moved up and Warren converted the field goal for the win.

arklasports57

Quote from: Lionheart88 on November 25, 2015, 01:11:50 am
A couple of years ago I went to see them play at Warren in the quarters and the brought a bus or two just for fans.  Had fans crammed in like sardines and plenty more standing on either side of the visitor stand.

Yes, we do bring a crowd.  Question though.  Is your visitor stands off center or centered on the 50 yard line?  Also should we enter on the visitor side or home side???  LOL  Sorry had to say it before the Warren group did  ::)    Honestly though, looking forward to it.  Playoffs produce the best atmosphere

Gray lizard

Dardanelle you can enter on the visitor side.  Stands are centered best I remember.  They are pretty good size as it was the original home side. They also have stand section for the visitor band.

hogfan10

Quote from: Gray lizard on November 24, 2015, 08:45:58 am
So how many ball players will Arkadelphia dress out for the game.  I noticed at Pottsville last year a bunch.  Hamburg had a lot as well.  Do some of these teams dress all their 9th graders?

Dardanelle has a great game atmosphere.  Better if the AAA would let the band on the field.  Not sure what is up with that.  The close buildings and stands seem to hold in a lot of the noise.  Of course one loss in two years helps as well. Crowd seems to be into the game and the band is really good.  Glad the mascots are not going to battle.  Not sure how a Sandlizard  beats a Badger.

I hope the weather holds out and it is not raining game time.  Should be a good crowd even though several area teams are still in the playoffs.

According to the roster Arkadelphia dresses 65, that includes 3 ninth graders that have been seeing some time on special teams. Interestingly, we also show a 7th grader on the roster, but he has no # and does not dress, as far as I know. The 7th grader is a beast though, it'll be interesting to see if he continues to develop in the upcoming years.

Gray lizard

[/quote]

According to the roster Arkadelphia dresses 65, that includes 3 ninth graders that have been seeing some time on special teams. Interestingly, we also show a 7th grader on the roster, but he has no # and does not dress, as far as I know. The 7th grader is a beast though, it'll be interesting to see if he continues to develop in the upcoming years.
[/quote]

I bet he does not play.  Don't you only have 5 years of eligibility?

Wonderdog

Quote from: Gray lizard on November 25, 2015, 11:23:36 am

[/quote]

[/quote]
Eligibility is eight semesters. Whenever you dress out for a varsity game, AND get in the game, your eight semester clock begins ticking. You can dress all you want as far as ninth graders, but eligibility does not begin until they play a down.

hogfan10

[/quote]

[/quote]

Like I said he hasn't been issued a #, and to my knowledge (I know the kid) he's never practiced with the varsity. It just struck me as odd.

Jack1990

Quote from: hogfan10 on November 25, 2015, 11:54:29 am

[/quote]

Like I said he hasn't been issued a #, and to my knowledge (I know the kid) he's never practiced with the varsity. It just struck me as odd.
[/quote]

Senior High ‐ A student is limited to eight consecutive semesters of opportunity for eligibility beginning
with the student's first enrollment in the ninth grade (or earlier as defined in Rule 7. Age, Note).

hogfan10

Quote from: Jack1990 on November 25, 2015, 11:56:55 am
Quote from: hogfan10 on November 25, 2015, 11:54:29 am

[/quote]

Senior High ‐ A student is limited to eight consecutive semesters of opportunity for eligibility beginning
with the student's first enrollment in the ninth grade (or earlier as defined in Rule 7. Age, Note).
[/quote]

Understand, I don't think (about 99.9999999% positive) he is participating in practice, much less a game.
I was just commenting on the fact that he was listed (without a corresponding #), and that I thought it was odd; especially when considering
the above factors you have listed.

mossyoakmilitary

[/quote]

Ask Shiloh how physical Nashville is this year. Without question Dardanelle is a physical football team but they aren't the only physical team in 4A this year.
[/quote]

According to Dardy fans they are.

mossyoakmilitary

Of course they are.

thatoneguy

November 25, 2015, 02:22:29 pm #72 Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 02:24:00 pm by thatoneguy
yeah they are the most physical and one of the best, if not the best in the trenches....do you care to differ?

lizard1989

Should be a very physical game.  I hope that Dardanelle wins, being an alum and former player, but I don't think that it will be easy.  Arkadelphia is good or they wouldn't have made it this far.

The Coach

Quote from: mossyoakmilitary on November 25, 2015, 12:48:37 pm
Of course they are.

Are you a troll? Of course you are.

See it coming

The Coach

mharris31696

Found out today that the vistors stands will be minus around 80. The band will not travel due to the high chance of rain. I bet the two hour drive plus the chance of rain will keep a few at home. Hopefully we can fill the stands anyway.

See it coming

Rain should slow down your speed, Arky can dig in and oust forward

The Coach

Quote from: See it coming on November 25, 2015, 10:48:39 pm
Rain should slow down your speed, Arky can dig in and oust forward

It won't slow Arky down? Dardanelle has a big advantage up front IMO so ousting forward will be tough. Arky wants to throw it a lot more then Dardanelle does also. Rain shouldn't affect what Dardanelle does. Ball security is the biggest concern.

Lacerta agilis

LJ06

Rains benefits a physical power running Dardanelle team.

Lumberjackfan1978

Lionheart88

PrivateLesson

Rain is either your best friend or your enemy.   Just depends on which side is lucky.

Go Badgers beat Dardanelle.     ;D

Lacerta agilis

Quote from: PrivateLesson on November 27, 2015, 09:24:13 am
Rain is either your best friend or your enemy.   Just depends on which side is lucky.

Go Badgers beat Dardanelle.     ;D
Deep Thoughts

Oldbadger

I am so surprised at you guys!  Where do you think the name "Arky" comes from.  Many years ago there was a man named Noah.  He had three sons and they had wives.  There cometh a great flood after 40 days and 40 nights of rain.  They escaped in an "Ark".  Thence the name "Arky".  The Badgers want rain, lots of it.  They will sail in their "Ark" while the Sandlizards who thus live on the ground as their name suggests, will be slowed by the rising water and not be able to play well.  But, they will survive because the Ark will rescue them, but they will be relegated to start basketball where they can play inside, out of the rain.  Go Badgers, I mean, "Arky".

mharris31696

mharris31696

November 27, 2015, 06:32:26 pm #88 Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 12:29:00 am by mharris31696
The time for talk is over. Good luck to both teams. It's gonna be nasty. Go Badgers

richboy

Lionheart88

Oh my.  I take the rain isn't hurting Arkadelphia, then?

SKEK09

8:23 left in 2nd qtr

Dardanelle -14
Arkadelphia - 14

LETS GO LIZARDS

Nip/Tusk

Dardanelle will be in trouble next week at pg 

TC2

richboy

Sigmund Sauer

Dardanelle has their hands full, but has played their best game in the 2nd half all year.

Sigmund Sauer

SKEK09

1 min left in 3rd

Arkadelphia - 21
Dardanelle - 14

StormChaser83

This crappy wet weather is effecting the Lizards.

Nip/Tusk

Guess arky is playing in different weather.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas