• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Quarterfinals- PG vs. Star City

Started by beach bum, November 20, 2015, 09:55:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: HeberFan on November 22, 2015, 04:15:15 pm
Quote from: Josh Louin on November 21, 2015, 10:59:12 pm
Those two d lineman better have help. Pg will gameplan around them.

Pokey had an excellent game plan and executed it well. Skins played solid the entire game, and they deserve credit. Prairie Oyster just can't match up physically,

If anything PG is physical and has size...  PG by 8...

TIGER101

HeberFan

LJ06

beach bum

Quote from: TIGER101 on November 22, 2015, 07:13:14 pm
PG 56-20
I think Ashdown is better than Star City so I am less worried about this one.... People are saying the are rolling right now. Star City looks very impressive in some of their wins but then they are also only beating teams like Dewitt by 13?

$aintMaximu$

CounterPunch

Quote from: beach bum on November 22, 2015, 07:49:27 pm
PG 56-20
I think Ashdown is better than Star City so I am less worried about this one.... People are saying the are rolling right now. Star City looks very impressive in some of their wins but then they are also only beating teams like Dewitt by 13?
Better get worried.

LJ06

Teams that are quick and can beat SC to the edges can give them problems. Power running into their two D 1 defensive linemen will be tough.

HeberFan

Likely to be a wet night, which will limit Star City's passing a bit. Bulldogs by 14.

skins68

Quote from: STUNNA on November 22, 2015, 04:28:14 pm
Quote from: GHS_08 on November 22, 2015, 04:24:53 pm
Quote from: STUNNA on November 22, 2015, 04:17:46 pm

Pokey had an excellent game plan and executed it well. Skins played solid the entire game, and they deserve credit. Prairie Oyster just can't match up physically,

If star city catches the football Friday night wouldnt have been close

And IF Pokeys starting QB plays they win.

Was he gonna keep star city's wide receivers from being open?
yes!! He was also r best corner with 4.5 speed!! His loss was devastating to the team!! He has 6 interceptions on the year!!!

bigchief72455

Quote from: skins68 on November 22, 2015, 09:24:20 pm

yes!! He was also r best corner with 4.5 speed!! His loss was devastating to the team!! He has 6 interceptions on the year!!!
That and he could have moon walked past Capps who looked like he needed an oxygen tank. But hey there are a lot of what ifs that could have occurred but didn't It is what it is. They will be back next year.

Bulldog92

November 23, 2015, 09:06:43 am #61 Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 09:18:36 am by Bulldog92
Quote from: bigchief72455 on November 23, 2015, 12:14:06 am

That and he could have moon walked past Capps who looked like he needed an oxygen tank. But hey there are a lot of what ifs that could have occurred but didn't It is what it is. They will be back next year.
I KNEW IT!! The DL you are referring to had been out for about two weeks, including practices, so he was winded and tired.  That was a fast passed game, the fastest we have played all year.  At least all he needed was an oxygen tank and not a crack pipe!!

Bulldog92

No it wasn't.  Just go back and look at all the post from last week!! 

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Bulldog92 on November 23, 2015, 09:06:43 am

I KNEW IT!! The DL you are referring to had been out for about two weeks, including practices, so he was winded and tired.  That was a fast passed game, the fastest we have played all year.  At least all he needed was an oxygen tank and not a crack pipe!!

Seriously? You and AW have a thing about calling Pocahontas guys drug addicts don't ya? Always classy.

CounterPunch

Here come the excuses as to why SC won. I knew it would come out just took a few days.

Bulldog92

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 23, 2015, 09:32:15 am

Seriously? You and AW have a thing about calling Pocahontas guys drug addicts don't ya? Always classy.
Call me what you want but at least I am speaking facts.  They want to beat a kid up that was wore out from not being able to practice for two weeks and say nothing of the reason their kid isn't on the field.  Facts are facts, that is the first and only time I believe I have mentioned that. 

Weezy

I wouldn't go so far as to say "addict." More like casual users. Get in where ya fit in, right?

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Bulldog92 on November 23, 2015, 10:23:37 am

Call me what you want but at least I am speaking facts.  They want to beat a kid up that was wore out from not being able to practice for two weeks and say nothing of the reason their kid isn't on the field.  Facts are facts, that is the first and only time I believe I have mentioned that.

So you're saying the Pokey QB wasn't on the field because he was smoking crack?

mossyoakmilitary

[/quote]Was he gonna keep star city's wide receivers from being open?
[/quote]yes!! He was also r best corner with 4.5 speed!! His loss was devastating to the team!! He has 6 interceptions on the year!!!
[/quote]

Sound the trumpets, lol: my 6th grader had 6 interceptions this year.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: mossyoakmilitary on November 23, 2015, 01:49:25 pm

[/quote]yes!! He was also r best corner with 4.5 speed!! His loss was devastating to the team!! He has 6 interceptions on the year!!!
[/quote]

[/quote]

At the high school level? That's impressive.  :D

hogdiggity

November 23, 2015, 02:20:33 pm #70 Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 02:35:13 pm by hogdiggity
I no longer have a dog in this fight but I will give my .02 on PG.

They are stout in the middle on D, I believe their weakness is on the edges.  When Ashdown was moving the ball it was on the edge and with passes.  The DBs are fairly quick but undersized, part of the outside run success is because of yards after contact with the DBs. 

PGs receivers have good hands, #17 is the target 8 out of 10 times it seems just because he is a mismatch on his size.  Last Friday they got two very beneficial lucky catches, one on a deflection and one the ball landed on the receiver while he was on the ground.  I give them credit for their concentration level. One receiver made a good catch for a TD at the back of the endzone, didn't look like he controlled it until he was out of the endzone to me but I have not looked at the film either. 

20 for PG is a very tough back, he is going to get 3-5 yards every attempt it seems.  The QB is a good running QB when he wants to.  I think the QB is an average passer but it is effective because of 17's mismatch. 

It will be interesting to see how SCs defensive tackles do against the running game of PG. 

PG is good but very beatable in my opinion if you stop their run.

As far as 17 being mouthy, I couldn't tell you what he was like on the field.  Ashdown did have a couple of fans going back and forth with him, I don't particularly care for that, but he was talking a little at the fans and talking to another PG player, he was laughing the whole time from what I saw.  A lot of that could be avoided if there was more distance between the fans and the field.  I have seen a lot worse.  Agim from Hope is the worst I have ever seen at taunting fans, followed in a close 2nd by some of the Dollarway kids a few years ago (first kickoff one of them gave the throat slicing gesture to the stands), in Dollarway that is more likely to actually happen than just symbolism!

Pokey03

Quote from: mossyoakmilitary on November 23, 2015, 01:49:25 pm

[/quote]

[/quote]too late to worry about that now...2016 year of the REDSKIN.

HeberFan

Quote from: hogdiggity on November 23, 2015, 02:20:33 pm
I no longer have a dog in this fight but I will give my .02 on PG.

They are stout in the middle on D, I believe their weakness is on the edges.  When Ashdown was moving the ball it was on the edge and with passes.  The DBs are fairly quick but undersized, part of the outside run success is because of yards after contact with the DBs. 

PGs receivers have good hands, #17 is the target 8 out of 10 times it seems just because he is a mismatch on his size.  Last Friday they got two very beneficial lucky catches, one on a deflection and one the ball landed on the receiver while he was on the ground.  I give them credit for their concentration level. One receiver made a good catch for a TD at the back of the endzone, didn't look like he controlled it until he was out of the endzone to me but I have not looked at the film either. 

20 for PG is a very tough back, he is going to get 3-5 yards every attempt it seems.  The QB is a good running QB when he wants to.  I think the QB is an average passer but it is effective because of 17's mismatch. 

It will be interesting to see how SCs defensive tackles do against the running game of PG. 

PG is good but very beatable in my opinion if you stop their run.

As far as 17 being mouthy, I couldn't tell you what he was like on the field.  Ashdown did have a couple of fans going back and forth with him, I don't particularly care for that, but he was talking a little at the fans and talking to another PG player, he was laughing the whole time from what I saw.  A lot of that could be avoided if there was more distance between the fans and the field.  I have seen a lot worse.  Agim from Hope is the worst I have ever seen at taunting fans, followed in a close 2nd by some of the Dollarway kids a few years ago (first kickoff one of them gave the throat slicing gesture to the stands), in Dollarway that is more likely to actually happen than just symbolism!

Very good analysis. I say Star City wins.

bulldoghistorian

Looking forward to another long trip Friday! What's their pressbox like?

Superjack45

DerekOxford

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on November 23, 2015, 07:10:37 pm
Looking forward to another long trip Friday! What's their pressbox like?

Crowded. But very friendly. Plenty of good people in there.

bulldoghistorian

bigchief72455

Missing practice like that shouldn't hurt a big D1 commit that bad should it. Crack? Please this is Pocahontas not L.A.

HeberFan

Missing practice gets you out of shape in a hurry

Nip/Tusk

My sources from pg say this is a tough, but expected win.

CounterPunch

Quote from: Josh Louin on November 23, 2015, 09:31:38 pm
My sources from SC say this is a tough, but expected win.

Tyro

Just a quick thought on travel for those Star City folk going up just for this game and not going to Hogs game, if the plan is to go to Fayetteville and turn left as I've heard around town, you might want to factor in the Hogs game traffic. MLK (US 62) at I-49 is your exit. So from about 4:30 to 6:30 Fayetteville PD is going to have that exit locked down trying to get the traffic away from the U of A.  Plan accordingly. Google say get off at the West Fork exit. go to Hogeye, then to PG using back roads. I thought about going to the Greenland exit. Anybody from PG can you tell us are these backroads in decent shape?

Nip/Tusk

The Hogeye route would be the preferred one.

TIGER101

Quote from: HeberFan on November 22, 2015, 07:17:44 pm
PG 56-20

Liquored up tonight, are you?

LOL....  I also picked PG to beat $hiloh 6-3.  The way I see it I'm batting 1000.......

Lionclub67

PG is a physical team, and can beat SC if they stick to their game and not try to do anything crazy. PG by 7

TIGER101

Frosty

Quote from: Tyro on November 24, 2015, 08:38:09 am
Just a quick thought on travel for those Star City folk going up just for this game and not going to Hogs game, if the plan is to go to Fayetteville and turn left as I've heard around town, you might want to factor in the Hogs game traffic. MLK (US 62) at I-49 is your exit. So from about 4:30 to 6:30 Fayetteville PD is going to have that exit locked down trying to get the traffic away from the U of A.  Plan accordingly. Google say get off at the West Fork exit. go to Hogeye, then to PG using back roads. I thought about going to the Greenland exit. Anybody from PG can you tell us are these backroads in decent shape?
Go West Fork exit, Greenland exit has a bridge out and you have to travel a very rough, wash board dirt road. It is pretty curvy from the West Fork exit, but no dirt roads. Good luck to both teams!!

Tigerdad2

PG expects to win every game

Hitman$$

Quote from: Tyro on November 24, 2015, 08:38:09 am
West Fork or Greenland exit are both very curvy but good roads.  You can also go up to Weddington exit, head west and take Broyles Road south into Farmington.

Scooter2121

Quote from: Tigerdad2 on November 24, 2015, 05:57:30 pm
Waldron would expect to win a game in the 1-4A!!!

Lionclub67

Quote from: Scooter2121 on November 24, 2015, 07:30:02 pm
Quote from: Tigerdad2 on November 24, 2015, 05:57:30 pm
Waldron would expect to win a game in the 1-4A!!!
The 1-4a might be weak but I'm going to have to take PG side, I'm a big fan of PG this year and the way they play and with class. They proved themselves cause they didn't have a close game all season in the "1-4a" so even if it was so weak even 2 of the teams are in the 3rd round, PG went way above anybody else in the 1-4a mercy ruling just about every team.

Nip/Tusk

Lion, they can't play with class. Dont you know how mouthy 17 is?!

(Sarcasm off)

prHOG13

Quote from: Josh Louin on November 24, 2015, 07:44:46 pm
Lion, they can't play with class. Dont you know how mouthy 17 is?!

(Sarcasm off)
you're still bleeding, Josh

Scooter2121

Scooter2121

Even if and that's a big IF.PG beats Star City they still will get mercy ruled by Dardanelle!!!

LJ06

Quote from: TIGER101 on November 24, 2015, 04:09:41 pm
Quote from: LJ06 on November 22, 2015, 07:45:57 pm
PG 56-20

This is why we say no to drugs kids

LJ, You have always been a big supporter of 101...lol

Haha I like messing with you guys but I am a supporter of Prairie Grove. Used to have family that worked in administration for the high school.

Nip/Tusk

Pretty sure the ridge would be the ones still bleeding from the pg beatdown.

Lol.

Just having fun man

CounterPunch

dukes424

This is a great PG team that i predict will beat SC by two tds and move on to the semis. The last Pg that was this good was the 2012 team. If anybody beats this years team better play with great execution, coaching and a little luck on turnovers Imo.....

Nip/Tusk

Pg had more talent last year and either should've gone farther or the conference is really weak.

One of the two is true.

But I agree, star city is going to need some breaks to win Friday.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas