• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Quarterfinals- PG vs. Star City

Started by beach bum, November 20, 2015, 09:55:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lumberjackfan1978

Should be a good game, SC needs to be ready for the ground it out running game.Warren was very fortunate to survive last weeks running game of Pottsville

Nip/Tusk

Pg is definitely a run team, but they have some solid options in the passing game that has made them really  dangerous.

The qb has done a nice job as well.

whippersnapper

I don't think there will be a better game then this one on Friday....people have mentioned the 2012 PG team. Well I think this game will be similar score the the 2012 PG vs Nashville game. PG 35 SC 31

CounterPunch

The same things were said last week. SC will need breaks, luck, etc..... SC will show up and be ready to play. PG better be ready for some smash mouth football. Game on.

Pokey03

Well SC kinda had a big break last week, SC gets the job done Friday, but DARDY will be a different kinda monster next week

mossflyer

I have no idea what to think about this game anymore with the weather forecast. Anything could happen.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: Josh Louin on November 24, 2015, 09:36:55 pm
Pretty sure the ridge would be the ones still bleeding from the pg beatdown.

Lol.

Just having fun man

This is a no fun zone....

CounterPunch

Quote from: Pokey03 on November 25, 2015, 06:28:48 am
Well SC kinda had a big break last week, SC gets the job done Friday, but DARDY will be a different kinda monster next week
We would have spanked Pokey if we had our leading tackler playing! (See how dumb that sounds). And it's always the next team we can't beat after beating one team. We can beat anyone when we play to our potential and we have been doing that as of late.

bigchief72455

Smack talk and whatever aside. Because seriously we are all grown men on here talking about a high school sport. ;D Best of luck to both sides tomorrow night and be safe.

Tyrizzle20

Quote from: We Are Shiloh on November 20, 2015, 10:31:45 pm
Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on November 20, 2015, 10:28:22 pm
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 20, 2015, 10:27:00 pm
I'll be at the Hog game with the family, and I doubt they'll want to hit this one up!

Ok, my gut says this one will be fun!!!
The one thing that jumped out at me tonight; PG's number 17 has a poor attitude and terrible character... Ashdown fans jumped on him when he dropped that pass in front of their bench!
The only reason you guys have a problem with his attitude is because he was shredding your defense by himself.

Nip/Tusk

Scooter2121

PG was supposed to mercy rule Ashdown atleast that's what some was saying.That didn't happen so SC should win this game.I would say that the 3 seed from the 8-4a is better then the 3 seed from the 7-4a.

bulldoghistorian

I do think we can win this game for sure but we better be ready to stop the run!

Pokey03

How is PG special teams?. Just in cause stalled drives in red zone, could be a factor

Lionclub67

Quote from: Pokey03 on November 25, 2015, 04:21:44 pm
How is PG special teams?. Just in cause stalled drives in red zone, could be a factor
PG had like 6 kick returns and 5 punt returns
Very good special teams

Pokey03

Quote from: Lionclub67 on November 25, 2015, 04:42:31 pm
Very good special teams
kicking, field goals, extra points?

Lionclub67

Quote from: Pokey03 on November 25, 2015, 04:51:35 pm
Quote from: Lionclub67 on November 25, 2015, 04:42:31 pm
Very good special teams
kicking, field goals, extra points?
#20 when he played us kicks really deep on kickoffs, I have no idea about their extra points though.

bulldoghistorian

Isn't number 20 the main one to watch for in their running game?

Lionclub67

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on November 25, 2015, 05:19:31 pm
Isn't number 20 the main one to watch for in their running game?
Yeah the kid kicks to.

bulldoghistorian

Nip/Tusk

bulldoghistorian

CounterPunch

Pokey03

Quote from: Josh Louin on November 25, 2015, 05:28:58 pm
Pg doesn't kick extra points.
could come back to haunt PG, never understood why the emphasis isn't there at the high school level, these r crucial points left out of the equation. I know for sure it was a weakness for us this year. It will be hard to convert 2pt after every score with this SC defensive line

beach bum

Quote from: Pokey03 on November 25, 2015, 09:20:05 pm
Quote from: Josh Louin on November 25, 2015, 05:28:58 pm
Pg doesn't kick extra points.
could come back to haunt PG, never understood why the emphasis isn't there at the high school level, these r crucial points left out of the equation. I know for sure it was a weakness for us this year. It will be hard to convert 2pt after every score with this SC defensive line

If you get 3 out of 5 in a game then you have 36 points and not 35. Let's say you have a kicker who would normally get 4 out of 5 in a night then you only have to get 2 out of 5 to equal 34 points in either scenario. PG does kick field goals when they have a good kicker. They aren't just going for 2 for no reason. Their staff I am sure thought this through before the season.

CounterPunch

bulldoghistorian

Dogpound2010

gametime

Quote from: TIGER101 on November 22, 2015, 07:13:14 pm
PG 56-20

I have seen these type of predictions in the past from tiger 101.  They usually come when he doesn't have a good feeling about something.

gametime

Quote from: Hitman$$ on November 21, 2015, 08:18:28 am
This group of PG seniors have been under estimated/passed over for years. Lived in the shadow of some very talented upperclassman.  They had to fight for everything they got.  Not a disciplined team but a scrappy street team.  #17 gets quite a bad wrap on FF; kid is extremely intelligent, with a big heart.  The right coach gets a hold of him and you will see an incredible athlete in six months.  He is a people pleaser.

PG takes this one.

How do you figure they have been overlooked.  If you only read the papers you would think 17 would be going to play for Alabama. 

Nip/Tusk

November 26, 2015, 02:15:59 pm #130 Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 02:17:54 pm by Josh Louin
They haven't been overlooked. They were ranked 6th in the state to start the year.

Lol

Dogpound2010

Star city is coming to play ball and is hitting on all cylinders.... ;D

Tigerdad2

Quote from: gametime on November 26, 2015, 01:38:24 pm
This group of PG seniors have been under estimated/passed over for years. Lived in the shadow of some very talented upperclassman.  They had to fight for everything they got.  Not a disciplined team but a scrappy street team.  #17 gets quite a bad wrap on FF; kid is extremely intelligent, with a big heart.  The right coach gets a hold of him and you will see an incredible athlete in six months.  He is a people pleaser.

PG takes this one.

How do you figure they have been overlooked.  If you only read the papers you would think 17 would be going to play for Alabama.
I wish they would talk about Disney in the paper. He's PG's leading Receiver

Tigerdad2

Quote from: Josh Louin on November 26, 2015, 02:15:59 pm
They haven't been overlooked. They were ranked 6th in the state to start the year.

Lol
You're right, this PG team has really been respected. The 2012 team was not ranked 6th to start the year

Dogpound2010

Quote from: Tigerdad2 on November 26, 2015, 02:56:19 pm
Quote from: gametime on November 26, 2015, 01:38:24 pm

PG takes this one.

I wish they would talk about Disney in the paper. He's PG's leading Receiver
we will see how good he is tmw night against SC corners

CounterPunch

SC boys will be loading the charter and headed that way around 11 tomorrow. Time to play ball!

Cajun Hog

If the weatherman are correct, it will played in driving rain. Ground and pound along with turnovers will decide it.

Lumberjackfan1978

bulldoghistorian

A little less than 24 hours until kickoff!

Nip/Tusk

Conjures up memories of a couple years ago when pg was heavily favored, played valley view(?) in a freezing rain at home and lost an ugly one.

Lumberjackfan1978

Yep how long of a drive is it to PG

Nip/Tusk

CounterPunch

Scooter2121

CounterPunch

Quote from: Josh Louin on November 26, 2015, 07:31:39 pm
Not as long as the drive back
Pocahontas said the same thing. I laughed all the way home.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: CounterPunch on November 26, 2015, 07:31:49 pm
Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on November 26, 2015, 07:31:24 pm
Yep how long of a drive is it to PG
4 hours
not quite as long as the pokey drive than,may be driving in a rainstorm though safe travels to everyone get um SC

whippersnapper

To anyone from Star City coming up for the game. Your best bet tomorrow for getting to PG is probably to take the West Fork Exit route. Turn left at the exit. You want HWY 156 from there into Hogeye. Once you hit the Hogeye Mall (gas station)go right onto hwy 261 all the way to PG. On 261 you will hit 1 stop sign and 2 stoplights. Go straight through all 3. Safe travels everyone. After the game the Fayetteville route would be best.

Nip/Tusk

Touchdown99

People talk about how good warren is, but they seem to forget that star city is a team that is hard to beat once they get into their zone. You guys have played hard and earned everything you have gained thus far. Nothing left to do SC....but get it done! Go dogs!!

beach bum

Sticking to my pick of 36-22..... PG of course  :)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas