• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pulaski Robinson @ Pea Ridge- 2nd round

Started by prHOG13, November 13, 2015, 10:01:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

prHOG13

Pulaski Robinson has the athletes and the best player in 4A. Pea Ridge gets home field. Really excited to see Hammonds in action.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: prHOG13 on November 13, 2015, 10:01:28 pm
Pulaski Robinson has the athletes and the best player in 4A. Pea Ridge gets home field. Really excited to see Hammonds in action.

Don't have his stats, but he put on a show tonight.

prHOG13

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 13, 2015, 10:04:54 pm
Quote from: prHOG13 on November 13, 2015, 10:01:28 pm

Don't have his stats, but he put on a show tonight.
I have no doubts. His speed and playmaking ability are too much for 4A-1 defenses. Not something we see up here.

Cfpr

Hawks will have to have a big night to stay in this one. Welcome to pea ridge Pulaski Robinson. Pr vs pr. 

RyanLR

beach bum

I'll take Kershner as the best player for the statement above.... thank you. I am not talking about potential at the next level. I'll take Kershner at the high school level.

SUGARTOWN

Hammonds had 11 carries for 224 yards and 2 TD's, 1 rec. for 66 yds and a TD.

Ole Legend

What does Pulaski have other than Hammonds?

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Ole Legend on November 14, 2015, 04:44:58 pm
What does Pulaski have other than Hammonds?

Their QB, Brennan Johnson is a good passer and very dangerous runner. Nathan Page is the best WR on the team and is drawing recruiting interest as a Soph., good hands, very quick. Myles Fells was hurt earlier in the year, but he played well last night as well. They have plenty of wr's who can catch and score.

LION Dad

It won't matter Hammonds will have another big night they are pretty darn fast across the board

Guru12

If Pea Ridge comes to play. I think we'll have a ballgame..

Gray lizard

I thought I saw about 7 D-1 players on Robinson.  They are loaded with talent and if they are rolling beware.  They have speed all over their skill positions a team can not key on their back.  Special teams better not give them a chance to return the ball. 

iivydriff

Quote from: Guru12 on November 16, 2015, 10:09:45 am
We are about to see what PR is made of. 

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: iivydriff on November 16, 2015, 11:37:08 am
Quote from: Guru12 on November 16, 2015, 10:09:45 am
We are about to see what PR is made of.

I would like to come watch this one...

LION Dad

I wouldn't get my hopes up too much your gonna see a blur and it will be #6 on a touchdown, then it will be #5 on a td and heck #3 & #1 they are all sinking fast and there's nothing in the 1-4a that can compare or prepare you for it, your DL better make them string it out and hope LB can fill and gang tackle, and when they pass you had better put some pressure on the qb but don't flush him out of the pocket or its off to the races

prHOG13

Pea Ridge is going to have to force some turnovers to give themselves a chance. Hammonds likes to carry the ball away from his body, something that Singleton will have to correct at the next level. PR has some speed at only a few spots on defense, so its going to have to take a spectacular scheme to keep those Robinson weapons contained. If he gets to the edge on a fairly regular basis, it'll be a long night.

Offensively they're going to have to control TOP. There's some young players that are going to have to make plays in a big setting.

Guru12

Anyone have anything on Robinson's practices this week?? I heard they had to go to Maumelle because of the rain?

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Guru12 on November 20, 2015, 08:11:26 am
Anyone have anything on Robinson's practices this week?? I heard they had to go to Maumelle because of the rain?

Pulaski Robinson's practice and game fields "aren't in shape to practice on," Coach Todd Eskola says. The Senators practiced at Jacksonville Mon. and Tue., and at Maumelle on Wed., and Thur.

prHOG13

LION Dad

Congrats to pea ridge they capitalized on the turnovers and pulled it out great job

beach bum

beach bum

Pea Ridge and CAC will be another tight game.... go Pea Ridge and Prairie Grove next week to double it up for the 1-4A.

prHOG13

Incredible defensive scheme to shut down Hammonds and Johnson. All week long there was an emphasis to punch the ball out. Johnson and Hammonds put too many on the turf tonight. Hammonds had 12 carries for 13 yards. He did make a couple good plays receiving the ball and had around 70 yards receiving.

PR alternated Holley and Winn at RB and it was a great change of pace that allowed them to control TOP.

Ball security was the key. Great game. Safe travels to Robinson.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: prHOG13 on November 20, 2015, 09:51:12 pm
Incredible defensive scheme to shut down Hammonds and Johnson. All week long there was an emphasis to punch the ball out. Johnson and Hammonds put too many on the turf tonight. Hammonds had 12 carries for 13 yards. He did make a couple good plays receiving the ball and had around 70 yards receiving.

PR alternated Holley and Winn at RB and it was a great change of pace that allowed them to control TOP.

Ball security was the key. Great game. Safe travels to Robinson.

Congrats on the win Pea Ridge!!!  I was at the PG game but watched you guys on my phone!!!

Cfpr

Ridge defense rocked tonight. Was kinda nice to see offensive backfield mixed up a bit tonight. Success!!!
Safe travels Senators.

Ole Legend

I was glad that they let both backs get the ball this week. They compliment each other, and the change in tempo kept Robinson on their heels all night.

1964 Hogs

I thought Robinson had a future Razorback on their team?? They got beat by Pea Ridge? Congrats Pea Ridge

PGTIGERS09

Quote from: LION Dad on November 14, 2015, 10:56:21 pm
It won't matter Hammonds will have another big night they are pretty darn fast across the board

12 carries. 13 yards?   Nothing in the 4-1 is like this kid. Bahahahhahahah

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: PGTIGERS09 on November 21, 2015, 05:04:26 am
Quote from: LION Dad on November 14, 2015, 10:56:21 pm

12 carries. 13 yards?   Nothing in the 4-1 is like this kid. Bahahahhahahah

Doesn't matter how good you are if you can't get any blocking.

Cfpr

Had a great man tell me once - "it's all about effort and attitude".

iivydriff

I dont know what the deal was, but Robinson players acted like they hadn't slept in 3 days. I mean i had never seen them play before so I dont know if they are like that all the time or not. I sure didnt see any speed except the speed of the Blackhawks Defense. Seen a little Speed on the Blackhawk offense the 2nd half. Nothing against the Hammond Kid, But if he can play for the Hogs Then there is definately some Hog Material right up here in the NW corner of the state that is getting overlooked. Every year.

Ole Legend

I wasn't impressed with Hammonds. He ran laterally too much, and never really turned upfield. It looked like he kinda gave up late in the game. I don't think he touched the ball the last two times Robinson had the ball. The Pea Ridge defense came ready to play from the first play.

iivydriff

To me from the start of the game the Robinson team just looked like they were just sluggish and tired. They didnt have any fire to them at all. I have never seen them before they may be like that all the time. But i started thinking that the cold temps and bus ride up may have had something to do with it. And they may have taken the game lightly because of the whooopin they put on Gravette and Gravette beating PR earlier in the season. Hammons is supposed to be 200 pounds with 4.5 speed I dont see that

Cfpr

Hammonds visibly upset after the loss last night. I kinda felt bad for the kid. I look forward to watching him as a razorback.
But, I also agree that the nw corner of the state is overlooked. We have some talent up here.

beach bum

Quote from: Cfpr on November 21, 2015, 09:44:18 am
Hammonds visibly upset after the loss last night. I kinda felt bad for the kid. I look forward to watching him as a razorback.
But, I also agree that the nw corner of the state is overlooked. We have some talent up here.

I don't think we are overlooked.... We have teams, not one or two players and also we have coaches that coach the fundamentals.

hawgfan15

Quote from: beach bum on November 21, 2015, 09:55:47 am
Quote from: Cfpr on November 21, 2015, 09:44:18 am

I don't think we are overlooked.... We have teams, not one or two players and also we have coaches that coach the fundamentals.

Well said

Maynard G Krebs

I really thought Joe T would go all the way this year, still they had a great season.  Congrats to Pea Ridge on the win.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas