• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Star City@ Pokey Round 2

Started by Pokey03, November 13, 2015, 10:00:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LJ06

Quote from: Razorhummer on November 14, 2015, 11:52:23 pm
Should be a great game. Teams from NEA haven't done well against the 8-4a. Only 2 wins I can think of is in 2006 when Newport went to Dollarway and upset them in the 1st round and in 2012 Highland beat Dollarway in the 2nd round. Saw Star City play Newport in the 1st round last year and they are big and fast.

They will most likely be the biggest team Pokey has seen all season.

Razorhummer

Yes indeed. If they're anything like last season when they played Newport, it's going to be tough on Pocahontas.

LJ06

Quote from: Razorhummer on November 15, 2015, 12:09:37 am
Yes indeed. If they're anything like last season when they played Newport, it's going to be tough on Pocahontas.

They are the biggest team Warren has faced all season for sure.  SC isn't the fastest team out there however.  They can be beaten around the edges.

CounterPunch

Man I'm looking forward to this game.

HeberFan

Star City's quarterback will be the difference. He has started since freshman year and makes good decisions.

bigchief72455

I guess we will just have to wait and see.

CounterPunch

Quote from: bigchief72455 on November 15, 2015, 01:07:25 pm
I guess we will just have to wait and see.
We are coming for your redskins. Get ready.

Pokey03

Star City better get ready for the most electrifying offense in all of the 4-a. Pocahontas will score on this defense and quickly.  Pocahontas 40-21

Legend

Love people who jump on board during playoff time and their 3rd post is trash talking already!

hawgfan15

Quote from: Legend on November 15, 2015, 04:01:47 pm
Love people who jump on board during playoff time and their 3rd post is trash talking already!

Most likely players or parents with the occasional coach making an appearance

hawgfan15

Quote from: Pokey03 on November 15, 2015, 03:58:55 pm
Star City better get ready for the most electrifying offense in all of the 4-a. Pocahontas will score on this defense and quickly.  Pocahontas 40-21

You need to get out more often

CounterPunch

This guy won't be on this board come Friday night. I have a feeling.

Pokey03

It shouldn't matter if it's the 1st or 1000th post. Star City should worry about HOW to stop Pokey. We have been listening all year of how great the 8-4a is. Pokey can and will beat this team.

Pokey03

Quote from: CounterPunch on November 15, 2015, 04:40:05 pm
This guy won't be on this board come Friday night. I have a feeling.
I got a feeling he will.

LJ06

Man you Pokey fans remind me of Hamburg so much.

CounterPunch

Quote from: LJ06 on November 15, 2015, 04:49:11 pm
Overconfident. They need to take a hard look at their schedule.

Pokey03

Who has Star City beat? I see dollarway, crossett, and look were those two are at. It looks like a mighty schedule with no signature wins

CounterPunch

November 15, 2015, 05:32:07 pm #67 Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 05:35:04 pm by CounterPunch
Star City would also be 10-0 with your schedule. That's all I'm saying.

AirWarren

Quote from: Pokey03 on November 15, 2015, 05:06:14 pm
Who has Star City beat? I see dollarway, crossett, and look were those two are at. It looks like a mighty schedule with no signature wins

We all can't play cave city, Corning and Jonesboro west side.

LAfootball fan

I highly doubt your offense is more lethal than what Star City faced in Warren.  You can forget about running inside on Star City with much success.  You may hit a play here and there inside but if that is your forte running the ball it will be a long night for you.  You have to attack their edges and make them make plays in space.  Star City was ranked as one of the favorites to get to War Memorial for a reason. 

Your qb has to make good decisions throwing the ball because Star City does have some players at defensive back that will make you pay if you get lazy with your passes.  Having said that, Star City has to cut out the penalties and mistakes on offense to win this game.  I don't think Pocahontas is going to beat themselves and give Star City any help in this game.  It should be a good close, hard fought game throughout.  I really think the game is a toss up.  A critical turnover, special teams play, or costly penalty could be the difference in this one.   Best of luck to both teams and I am looking forward to seeing how this one plays out. 

Pokey03

Quote from: AirWarren on November 15, 2015, 05:36:52 pm
Quote from: Pokey03 on November 15, 2015, 05:06:14 pm

We all can't play cave city, Corning and Jonesboro west side.
We can't help our geographic location and who we play, but do u really consider Lake Village, Mills, Monticello, DeWitt powerhouse competition

AirWarren

We don't play lake village.

Monticello won a state title in 2009.

Dewitt sucks.

But we did play two quality teams in non conference. Smackover and Pa. Two teams much stronger than anyone pokey had played.

Pokey03

Quote from: AirWarren on November 15, 2015, 05:57:03 pm

Dewitt sucks.

But we did play two quality teams in non conference. Smackover and Pa. Two teams much stronger than anyone pokey had played.
talking about star city

Pokey03

November 15, 2015, 06:16:59 pm #73 Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 06:20:15 pm by Pokey03
Quote from: AirWarren on November 15, 2015, 05:57:03 pm

Dewitt sucks.

No we haven't faced anyone as tough as PA, but Gosnell against Smackover would be a good matchup.

HeberFan

Pokey is a little too impressed with its 10-0 record.

With that said, I hope the Star City players and coaches are more humble that the fans.

CounterPunch

Quote from: HeberFan on November 15, 2015, 06:18:48 pm

With that said, I hope the Star City players and coaches are more humble that the fans.
What did the SC fans do or say to not be humble?

HeberFan

Quote from: CounterPunch on November 15, 2015, 06:39:18 pm

You said earlier, in talking about our 3rd string quarterback, "Well whether he was their 1st or 3rd string he was the best athlete on their team. That's all I can say."

Several our best athletes missed the game. I knoiw your best lineman (and maybe the best lineman in Class 4A) missed the game. Just saying once you beat a team, the classy route is to just say good things about them. I think Star City is better than most people think.

bigchief72455

Quote from: HeberFan on November 15, 2015, 06:55:56 pm

You said earlier, in talking about our 3rd string quarterback, "Well whether he was their 1st or 3rd string he was the best athlete on their team. That's all I can say."

Several our best athletes missed the game. I knoiw your best lineman (and maybe the best lineman in Class 4A) missed the game. Just saying once you beat a team, the classy route is to just say good things about them. I think Star City is better than most people think.
Star City is good.There is no denying that. I think Pocahontas is better than most people think as well. What they did to Gosnell was what they have done all season. They play as mistake free as possible. Star City does the same thing. This game will be an exciting game to witness. I am looking forward to being there.

CounterPunch

Me saying the kid was the best athlete on the team was a compliment to him because it was true. I was not downgrading your team. You took that the wrong way.

HeberFan

Quote from: CounterPunch on November 15, 2015, 08:37:39 pm

Me saying the kid was the best athlete on the team was a compliment to him because it was true. I was not downgrading your team. You took that the wrong way.

I get it.  I have followed high school sports for 30 years and Heber had more adversity this year than any team I have seen.  Star City has a great chance to beat Pokey.

CounterPunch

Quote from: LAfootball fan on November 15, 2015, 05:40:15 pm
I highly doubt your offense is more lethal than what Star City faced in Warren.  You can forget about running inside on Star City with much success.  You may hit a play here and there inside but if that is your forte running the ball it will be a long night for you.  You have to attack their edges and make them make plays in space.  Star City was ranked as one of the favorites to get to War Memorial for a reason. 

Your qb has to make good decisions throwing the ball because Star City does have some players at defensive back that will make you pay if you get lazy with your passes.  Having said that, Star City has to cut out the penalties and mistakes on offense to win this game.  I don't think Pocahontas is going to beat themselves and give Star City any help in this game.  It should be a good close, hard fought game throughout.  I really think the game is a toss up.  A critical turnover, special teams play, or costly penalty could be the difference in this one.   Best of luck to both teams and I am looking forward to seeing how this one plays out.
good post

Lumberjackfan1978

I think it will be a good game, no blowouts by either team

3 Dollar

How's Star City's Defensive Backfield?

They will get tested against Pokey!

Wannabe10

Quote from: 3 Dollar on November 16, 2015, 07:46:59 am

Pretty good, been tested several times this year and has shown their ability

green-eagle

Quote from: LJ06 on November 15, 2015, 04:49:11 pm
AMEN!!!! is pokey colors purple as well?!

Razorhummer

Last time Pocahontas went 10-0 was in 06 and got a bye and lost to Newport in the 2nd round and the Hounds lost to 8-4a member Fordyce in the quarterfinals which earlier that season Pocahontas came to Newport and beat them. A year later Newport went 10-0 and got a bye and got 8-4a member Dumas and Dumas upset them in the 2nd round and Dollarway came to Pocahontas in the quarterfinals that same year and won. Gotta watch out for them 8-4a teams.

AirWarren

Naw. 8-4a is a weak conference all the way around.

Defending...

4a football champs.
4a basketball champs.
4a baseball champs.

The Duke

Quote from: AirWarren on November 16, 2015, 09:08:53 am

Defending...

4a football champs.
4a basketball champs.
4a baseball champs.

One good team in each sport doesn't necessarily make it a strong conference.

Superjack45

They better have a good oline to block for them cause if not you had better look out Jackson and crew are going to have a field day.

GHS_08

Quote from: Superjack45 on November 16, 2015, 09:48:37 am

They better have a good oline to block for them cause if not you had better look out Jackson and crew are going to have a field day.

Pokeys Oline is huge.
They have a sophomore that is going to be a great one by the time he graduates. He's 6-5 305 now. They have a OT/NG that is 6-3 350.
I'm not sure who the rest of the starters are but just looking at the roster they have some beef on the lines.

Superjack45

That just might help but it's going to be a tough game and good luck to you all.

Wannabe10

Quote from: The Duke on November 16, 2015, 09:47:27 am
Quote from: AirWarren on November 16, 2015, 09:08:53 am

Defending...

4a football champs.
4a basketball champs.
4a baseball champs.

One good team in each sport doesn't necessarily make it a strong conference.

One good team in every sport? Might just be a coincidence, but I don't think so.

Dragline

I just hope that all this talk has SC fighting mad.

Few quick questions-
1. Does Pokey allow fans on the sidelines?
2. How many cops usually attend the Pokey games?
3. If the the answer to q. 1 is yes and the answer to q. 2 is <4, will there be video available after the game?
4. How large is the local pokey in Pokey?

bigchief72455

Quote from: Dragline on November 16, 2015, 12:05:45 pm
I just hope that all this talk has SC fighting mad.

Few quick questions-
1. Does Pokey allow fans on the sidelines?
2. How many cops usually attend the Pokey games?
3. If the the answer to q. 1 is yes and the answer to q. 2 is <4, will there be video available after the game?
4. How large is the local pokey in Pokey?
1. No
2. Enough
3. The game is live streamed.
4.It is sufficient. Why do you ask?

kjjackson

Sounds like he has been watching all that Paris stuff.

bigchief72455

I do not think the AAA allows no registered personnel on the sidelines. Not just anybody can go down there.

SUGARTOWN

What's the link for the live steam? I think I might want to watch this beatdown.

STUNNA

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 16, 2015, 01:56:26 pm
What's the link for the live steam? I think I might want to watch this beatdown.

star city fan now??

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: STUNNA on November 16, 2015, 02:06:26 pm

star city fan now??

What makes you think that?

LJ06

Quote from: STUNNA on November 16, 2015, 02:06:26 pm

star city fan now??

No he is a Pokey fan this week.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas