• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Star City@ Pokey Round 2

Started by Pokey03, November 13, 2015, 10:00:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: LJ06 on November 16, 2015, 02:07:07 pm
Quote from: STUNNA on November 16, 2015, 02:06:26 pm
Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 16, 2015, 01:56:26 pm
What's the link for the live steam? I think I might want to watch this beatdown.

star city fan now??

No he is a Pokey fan this week.

Not a "fan" of either team...

LJ06

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 16, 2015, 02:12:12 pm
What's the link for the live steam? I think I might want to watch this beatdown.

star city fan now??

Well we all know it wouldn't kill you inside to see a SC beat down lol.

Pokey03

Quote from: Dragline on November 16, 2015, 12:05:45 pm
I just hope that all this talk has SC fighting mad.

Few quick questions-
1. Does Pokey allow fans on the sidelines?
2. How many cops usually attend the Pokey games?
3. If the the answer to q. 1 is yes and the answer to q. 2 is <4, will there be video available after the game?
4. How large is the local pokey in Pokey?
all pokey games are streamed live at s&t sports.com

CounterPunch

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 16, 2015, 02:12:12 pm

star city fan now??

Are you enjoying basketball season?

redskinsfan

Quote from: CounterPunch on November 15, 2015, 04:55:53 pm
Quote from: LJ06 on November 15, 2015, 04:49:11 pm
Man you Pokey fans remind me of Hamburg so much.
Overconfident. They need to take a hard look at their schedule.

Please do not lump us Redskin fans all together because of the unintelligent few. I am a huge Redskins fan, but I am also a realist. I understand that Star City would compete for the conference title here in the 3-4A. Hootens has them at #8 in 4A for a reason and they finished 3rd in their conference which from top to bottom the SEC of 4A. I also understand that we play in the Pop Warner of 4A (with the exception of Gosnell and Highland). Our 5th place team made the playoffs with a 3-7 record and only beat the other teams in our conference with a similar record. That being said we do have a very good team, but I don't know exactly how good because we haven't played anyone except Gosnell which lost 4 players that game due to injury. The 7 and 8-4A conferences have a long history of being powerhouses and our conference hasn't proven anything. I hope the Redskins will began to turn around this and gain some respect for our conference. I wish the best of luck to Star City and wish them safe travels to Pocahontas. No blowouts for either team. I think Pocahontas wins in a close one 35-28.

Pokey03

Quote from: AirWarren on November 16, 2015, 09:08:53 am
Naw. 8-4a is a weak conference all the way around.

Defending...

4a football champs.
4a basketball champs.
4a baseball champs.
Here's ur bold statement, after this Friday night no 8-4a teams will remain in playoffs

WPWells

LJ06

Quote from: Pokey03 on November 16, 2015, 05:26:13 pm

Defending...

4a football champs.
4a basketball champs.
4a baseball champs.
Here's ur bold statement, after this Friday night no 8-4a teams will remain in playoffs

Certainly could be no 3-4A teams left

CounterPunch

Quote from: redskinsfan on November 16, 2015, 05:23:12 pm

Please do not lump us Redskin fans all together because of the unintelligent few. I am a huge Redskins fan, but I am also a realist. I understand that Star City would compete for the conference title here in the 3-4A. Hootens has them at #8 in 4A for a reason and they finished 3rd in their conference which from top to bottom the SEC of 4A. I also understand that we play in the Pop Warner of 4A (with the exception of Gosnell and Highland). Our 5th place team made the playoffs with a 3-7 record and only beat the other teams in our conference with a similar record. That being said we do have a very good team, but I don't know exactly how good because we haven't played anyone except Gosnell which lost 4 players that game due to injury. The 7 and 8-4A conferences have a long history of being powerhouses and our conference hasn't proven anything. I hope the Redskins will began to turn around this and gain some respect for our conference. I wish the best of luck to Star City and wish them safe travels to Pocahontas. No blowouts for either team. I think Pocahontas wins in a close one 35-28.
I fully expect Pokey to have a heck of a team. Going to be a good game to see Friday night. Playoff game at its finest. I look forward to coming to Pocahontas for the first time!

AirWarren

Defending...

4a football champs.
4a basketball champs.
4a baseball champs.

Take it easy. Pokey may entered uncharted territory. The 3rd round.

CounterPunch

AirWarren

bigchief72455

Quote from: CounterPunch on November 16, 2015, 07:01:28 pm

I fully expect Pokey to have a heck of a team. Going to be a good game to see Friday night. Playoff game at its finest. I look forward to coming to Pocahontas for the first time!
My advice is if you need a soda or burger or whatever I would get it early. There is only one stand serving both sides. You at the half and you may be there til the 4th quarter. lol

Lumberjackfan1978

Defending...

4a football champs.
4a basketball champs.
4a baseball champs.
one team from  8-4a will remain in playoffs after Friday night for sure

Pokey03

Quote from: bigchief72455 on November 16, 2015, 07:16:39 pm
Quote from: CounterPunch on November 16, 2015, 07:01:28 pm

My advice is if you need a soda or burger or whatever I would get it early. There is only one stand serving both sides. You at the half and you may be there til the 4th quarter. lol
there is a concession on visitor side that I've never seen open I don't know why that is, restrooms on home side only

green-eagle

Quote from: CounterPunch on November 16, 2015, 07:08:10 pm
Hootens has Pokey by 1 in the 4A game of the week.

http://www.hootens.com/class-4a-week-12-2015_5766_ct.aspx

Whoa pokey by 1.... Hooten has more love for SC... Than expected..

policeman

[/quote]

Hey now, I remember Pokey playing Dollarway in the Quaters a few years ago.. give a little credit

green-eagle

Quote from: policeman on November 17, 2015, 12:37:32 am

Hey now, I remember Pokey playing Dollarway in the Quaters a few years ago.. give a little credit
[/quote]

The credit there! Its that pokey is rated what # 2 in the class and playing at home, you expect at least a 3 or 3 1/3 or higher.

bigchief72455

November 17, 2015, 07:49:45 am #118 Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 08:03:33 am by bigchief72455
Quote from: green-eagle on November 17, 2015, 05:57:40 am

The credit there! Its that pokey is rated what # 2 in the class and playing at home, you expect at least a 3 or 3 1/3 or higher.
[/quote]
So does that mean when we win you will shut up. Or will it be the next round of Oh Pocahontas is way out of their league they are untested,They come from a weak conference,they don't stand a snowballs chance. I did hear a few say after the Gosnell game that we had their attention. I am just ready for Friday night to go out and win and move on to the next team that is way better than us and take them on.

green-eagle

Quote from: bigchief72455 on November 17, 2015, 07:49:45 am

So does that mean when we win you will shut up. Or will it be the next round of Oh Pocahontas is way out of their league they are untested,They come from a weak conference,they don't stand a snowballs chance. I did hear a few say after the Gosnell game that we had their attention. I am just ready for Friday night to go out and win and move on to the next team that is way better than us and take them on.
[/quote]

it appear that, you are upset......why? when the poke (pun) is at Hootens! When Hootens pick someone by one at home, tell me that they don't know. In other words, those 9 or ten mercy rule games means NOTHING at this moment. Also they believe due, to the bye that Pokey may come out flat.....so don't project your upsetness my way.....throw that anger toward Hooten......

As for me going away, not today.......

bigchief72455

Quote from: green-eagle on November 17, 2015, 08:50:41 am
Quote from: bigchief72455 on November 17, 2015, 07:49:45 am

it appear that, you are upset......why? when the poke (pun) is at Hootens! When Hootens pick someone by one at home, tell me that they don't know. In other words, those 9 or ten mercy rule games means NOTHING at this moment. Also they believe due, to the bye that Pokey may come out flat.....so don't project your upsetness my way.....throw that anger toward Hooten......

As for me going away, not today.......
[/quote]
I could really care less what Hootens has to say. They had us losing to Gosnell by 1 earlier this season. What they PREDICT is not always the gospel. Pocahontas may lose by 30 or win by 20. Who knows.

Lumberjackfan1978

I believe both teams are good,it's going to be a good game High school football at its best,love those Friday night lights.

Wannabe10

So, are these rumors that I am hearing about a player from Poky genuine or are they simply just rumors?

AirWarren

Quote from: Wannabe10 on November 17, 2015, 11:06:01 am
So, are these rumors that I am hearing about a player from Poky genuine or are they simply just rumors?

Hmmm.

Wannabe10

Quote from: AirWarren on November 17, 2015, 11:09:28 am

Hmmm.

Well?

Jack1990

Quote from: Wannabe10 on November 17, 2015, 11:34:11 am

Hmmm.

Well?

Jeopardy music playing in the background....

Pokey03

Wannabe10

AirWarren

Quote from: Wannabe10 on November 17, 2015, 11:34:11 am

Hmmm.

Well?

Never been to pokey. Never wanna go to pokey. I'm just hmmm'ing at the post of rumors.

AcesWild1985

Pokey won't stand a chance now....

AirWarren

Mind games. Don't buy it star city.

AcesWild1985

Quote from: AirWarren on November 17, 2015, 12:38:57 pm
Mind games. Don't buy it star city.

It was on KAIT8 news at noon, no minds games.

AirWarren

Not a news station I'm familiar with. Guess I'll take your word.

WPWells

So does someone want to enlighten us?

AcesWild1985

I was mistaken, not on kait. But still gonna be hard for pokey to win now.

Jimbo Morphis

LJ06

RedMan

No names need to be posted on this site.

AirWarren

Whole lot of baloney being fried right now on this thread.

LJ06

Quote from: AirWarren on November 17, 2015, 01:04:19 pm
Whole lot of baloney being fried right now on this thread.

Definitely.

Jimbo Morphis

AirWarren

Mind games.

Signs of weakness and program uncertainty.

AcesWild1985

Wait until it comes out or at game time Friday, then you will realize no mind games. Not gonna post a minors name on here tho.

AirWarren

A whole lot of unfortunate events if things pan out.

LJ06

IF TRUE, would be a huge blow to Pokey.

bulldoghistorian

AirWarren

3 hours and 31 minute drive to see if the rumor is true.

GHS_08

AirWarren

Quote from: GHS_08 on November 17, 2015, 02:23:38 pm
So what's the rumor?

No one knows. We are just playing along with the game.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas