• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2nd Round - Nashville vs Shiloh

Started by ~WPS~, November 13, 2015, 09:40:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

green-eagle

during the game with Crossett, Nashville was in a lot of 3rd and Long and Crossett could not get off the field (this was a season long problem). Now, I have not watch a lot of Nashville games to determine if this is normal or not. But regardless, their  QB found a way to keep the drive alive.

So, if Shiloh can not stop Nashville's QB on those keepers on third downs.....Nashville wins this one...

hawgfan15

Quote from: green-eagle on November 17, 2015, 10:47:38 am
during the game with Crossett, Nashville was in a lot of 3rd and Long and Crossett could not get off the field (this was a season long problem). Now, I have not watch a lot of Nashville games to determine if this is normal or not. But regardless, their  QB found a way to keep the drive alive.

So, if Shiloh can not stop Nashville's QB on those keepers on third downs.....Nashville wins this one...

Crossett only held Nashville to 3rd and long 4 times. Nashville converted 3 of the 4.

3rd and 8 - 26 yd TD pass to Hawthorne

3rd and 15- 35 yard pass to Hughes

3rd and 9- Designed run Snell for 13 yards

3rd and 15- Incomplete pass

Dragline

Oh, so once again my original theory regarding Greengizards intellectual capability is confirmed.

Octobersky

Nashville QB sounds like PA's QB Fredi Knighten from a few years back (now at ASU).  Great at keeping the drive alive with his arm and his legs.

scrapman

Quote from: Dragline on November 17, 2015, 10:17:55 am
Crossett not impressed by the Scrappears, predict they won't get past the Jacks.

I think Shilow will give them a whole lot more than most here are expecting.
Haha. This is good stuff right here...mercy rulled, 42 hung on them in the first half, only allowing like 200 yds total...against the top passing team in 4A.   Nice.

polksalet

Snell is a much better runner than knighten. Knighten was a much more accurate passer. Snell is basically an elite ball call carrier that can pass. When devote enough guys to stopping his run you allow some very good receivers to run open down the field. Really the best way to stop Nashville is to shut down the left side of the oline. But agim couldn't even do that.

green-eagle

Quote from: Dragline on November 17, 2015, 11:57:15 am
Oh, so once again my original theory regarding Greengizards intellectual capability is confirmed.

You can not read can you.... I give Nashville credit and you throw it back... Gez!

scrapman

Quote from: polksalet on November 17, 2015, 01:45:54 pm
Snell is a much better runner than knighten. Knighten was a much more accurate passer. Snell is basically an elite ball call carrier that can pass. When devote enough guys to stopping his run you allow some very good receivers to run open down the field. Really the best way to stop Nashville is to shut down the left side of the oline. But agim couldn't even do that.
This is one of the better posts I have seen on here. The problem with the left side of the line that Agim had is the LT Adcock.  He was our best OL as a soph and a D1 kid himself. You really have to decide what you want to give up. Snell, who has killed everyone...Hopkins, who is a D1 back and a rivals 3 star as a jr...Harris, who averages like 10 yds per cary....or allow yourself to go 1 on 1 with the fastest kids on the team on the outside. 

STUNNA

Quote from: scrapman on November 17, 2015, 05:44:53 pm
This is one of the better posts I have seen on here. The problem with the left side of the line that Agim had is the LT Adcock.  He was our best OL as a soph and a D1 kid himself. You really have to decide what you want to give up. Snell, who has killed everyone...Hopkins, who is a D1 back and a rivals 3 star as a jr...Harris, who averages like 10 yds per cary....or allow yourself to go 1 on 1 with the fastest kids on the team on the outside.

youre not D1 until you have D1 offers..

scrapman

Quote from: STUNNA on November 17, 2015, 05:55:31 pm

My bad. I didn't know no one ever was a good enough player in juco/naia/D3/D2 to be in D1. I should have checked NFL rosters or something. Oh wait.....there is.

scrapman

hawgfan15

Quote from: STUNNA on November 17, 2015, 05:55:31 pm

Just wait on it

STUNNA

transplant

LJ06

Quote from: STUNNA on November 17, 2015, 07:57:00 pm
So is Snell better than Whitmore?

This years team is the best they've had yet bro didn't you know?

scrapdawgof06

No he's not, but he IS the 4th best QB in my opinion

polksalet

No, he's not really even close because of Whitmore's superior passing ability. BUT the system he's running is different. On every play you have to decide which fast (our four fastest would be the fastest player on most 4 teams) you want to stop. Most plays have an inside wr running or faking a jet sweep, some plays use the jet sweep with snell and the rb as a triple option, or if you're lucky Snell simply hands it off to Hopkins who might be the best back in 4a running behind a very, very good oline. About 5-6 times a game he goes deep to a wr that's about 6-2 190 and is very good. It's not the prettiest offense I've ever seen but I don't think I've ever seen a scheme which takes advantage of this much speed on every play. To be honest with 4a talent I'm not even sure how someone would stop it. That doesn't mean it can't be stopped but you're gonna have to bring you're A+ game and be very lucky in the pass defense.

Treason756

Random question but with Nashville's talent and speed how well do you think we would do in any higher classification?

Bigredhog1971

AirWarren

What D1 offers does these young men have?

polksalet

The two obvious d-1 talents are both juniors and have no d-1 offers yet as far as I know. I think snell can be a d-1 qb, I'm not sure how armstrong's skills translate but he's a ridiculous athlete, and Hawthorne might not be big enough. Like most great Nashville teams we have a lot of tweeners with crazy speed.

hawgfan15

Hopkins (6'0 185) and Adcock (6'5 260) will both play at the D1 level, no doubt about it. Both are only juniors and will have big offseasons as far as visits and offers. Hopkins would already have a few offers if not for the knee injury that kept him out of camps this summer. Arizona State and Arkansas have both shown a lot of interest. Adcock just made an unofficial visit to Memphis a couple of weeks ago.

There are 5-8 seniors that will play at the D2 level.

Octobersky

How did FL play Nashville so close?  Did Nashville have injuries?  Is FL's defense that strong?

hawgfan15

November 18, 2015, 04:37:36 pm #73 Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 04:43:47 pm by hawgfan15
Quote from: Octobersky on November 18, 2015, 04:25:22 pm
How did FL play Nashville so close?  Did Nashville have injuries?  Is FL's defense that strong?

First let me say Fountain Lake is a very good football team. Against Nashville they kept our offense off of the field by controlling the clock and forcing two turnovers. They also limited our big plays by tackling extremely well. It wasn't Nashville's finest night offensively as far as execution, turnovers, and penalties but Fountain Lake had a lot to do with that. They are only 1 of 2 teams this season to hold us under 300 yards rushing.

It was the 5th game of the season with a new offense. We have come a long ways on offense since then. That was the breakout game for our defense though. We have been lights out ever since.

Octobersky

It sounds like a Dardanelle v. FL matchup in the quarterfinals could be a really good game.  I hope they both make it.

I also wish Nashville well.  It is a great program and deserving of another run at the title.  It has been a little while since the last one.  I have a lot of respect for your former coach, and look forward to having the same for your new coach.

hawgfan15

Quote from: Octobersky on November 18, 2015, 04:44:25 pm
It sounds like a Dardanelle v. FL matchup in the quarterfinals could be a really good game.  I hope they both make it.

I also wish Nashville well.  It is a great program and deserving of another run at the title.  It has been a little while since the last one.  I have a lot of respect for your former coach, and look forward to having the same for your new coach.

That would be a great game to watch.

It has been too long and I am hopeful that this group can get us back there. Thanks for the kind words.

transplant

I think I may go to the game...it's been a while.

PA Dad

If Snell is a better runner than Knighten he is dang good.  Freddie won a lot of games with his legs.

I'd love to see Nashville play.  If they make it to WMS, I'll be there.

PrivateLesson

Snell is elusive....very good player.   The whole team clicks like clock work.

Nashvilles game to lose.   Good Luck Scrappers!

Scooter2121

November 19, 2015, 06:31:00 am #79 Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 06:36:03 am by Scooter2121
The crappers can take their basketballs with them to warren next week and air them up on the bus ride home!!!

SCRAPYARD

Quote from: Scooter2121 on November 19, 2015, 06:31:00 am
The crappers can take their basketballs with them to warren next week and air them up on the bus ride home!!!
So....you think we will win this week?

Scooter2121

Quote from: SCRAPYARD on November 19, 2015, 07:47:56 am
you are a bright one!!!

SCRAPYARD

Quote from: Scooter2121 on November 19, 2015, 08:00:54 am
you are a bright one!!!
Thanks! But I believe Pottsville will win, no what do we do?

Scooter2121

Quote from: SCRAPYARD on November 19, 2015, 08:14:49 am
you are a bright one!!!
Nevermind if you think Pottsville will win.

LJ06

you are a bright one!!!

Probably what you are hoping. I don't see one Warren fan wanting Nashville to lose. The 'Jacks want a shot at Nashville.

Scooter2121

Quote from: LJ06 on November 19, 2015, 08:24:12 am
you are a bright one!!!

Probably what you are hoping. I don't see one Warren fan wanting Nashville to lose. The 'Jacks want a shot at Nashville.
Someone what's to take the easy way!!!

SCRAPYARD

you are a bright one!!!

We have gave you guys ample opportunities, I don't think we have ever played Pottsville. 

LJ06

Quote from: SCRAPYARD on November 19, 2015, 08:32:28 am
you are a bright one!!!

We have gave you guys ample opportunities, I don't think we have ever played Pottsville. 

Gave you guys an opportunity last year and you couldn't come through.

scrapman

I like how warren is so obsessed with us. They talk about a possible future game and have had warren people at our last 2 games. Nashville coaches haven't been to 1 warren game and why would they. Worry about the game you are playing. 

SCRAPYARD

Quote from: Scooter2121 on November 19, 2015, 08:28:35 am
you are a bright one!!!

You are a bright one also! Nice spelling.

scrapman

Quote from: SCRAPYARD on November 19, 2015, 08:45:43 am
Quote from: Scooter2121 on November 19, 2015, 08:28:35 am
you are a bright one!!!

You are a bright one also! Nice spelling.
BOOM!

SCRAPYARD

Quote from: LJ06 on November 19, 2015, 08:35:47 am
you are a bright one!!!

Don't recall playing head to head last year. But the times we have, how did it go for you?

LJ06

Quote from: SCRAPYARD on November 19, 2015, 08:53:13 am
you are a bright one!!!

Don't recall playing head to head last year. But the times we have, how did it go for you?

Not what I meant and you no longer have Hembree's Achilles heel in Dawson. Before Dawson Hembree was 2-0, against Dawson 0-3, without Dawson again...we will see! Good luck against Shiloh although you guys shouldn't need much.

scrapman

you are a bright one!!!

Boom!!!

AirWarren

Quote from: scrapman on November 19, 2015, 08:37:18 am
I like how warren is so obsessed with us. They talk about a possible future game and have had warren people at our last 2 games. Nashville coaches haven't been to 1 warren game and why would they. Worry about the game you are playing. 

Haha. Richness at its best.

~WPS~

Quote from: LJ06 on November 19, 2015, 08:56:39 am
you are a bright one!!!

Not what I meant and you no longer have Hembree's Achilles heel in Dawson. Before Dawson Hembree was 2-0, against Dawson 0-3, without Dawson again...we will see! Good luck against Shiloh although you guys shouldn't need much.
Dawson wasn't Nashville's coach in 2003 when a 5-5 Nashville team went to Warren and won. Hembree's Achilles heel is Nashville in the playoffs.

And ironic enough Warren can't beat Nashville in Warren.

scrapman

you are a bright one!!!

Where do you think Hembre got most of his offense and offensive ideas from....here's a clue, it wasn't Dawson

LJ06

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on November 19, 2015, 09:31:13 am
you are a bright one!!!

Dawson wasn't Nashville's coach in 2003 when a 5-5 Nashville team went to Warren and won. Hembree's Achilles heel is Nashville in the playoffs.

Ok excuse me 2-1

~WPS~

Quote from: LJ06 on November 19, 2015, 09:33:48 am
Quote from: Ballplayer1 on November 19, 2015, 09:31:13 am
you are a bright one!!!

Ok excuse me 2-1
In the playoffs, Warren is 0-4 against Nashville. 0-3 with Hembree. 0-2 in games at Warren.

FireBo.com?

~WPS~

November 19, 2015, 09:38:54 am #99 Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 09:40:49 am by Ballplayer1
you are a bright one!!!

On the surface Warren wants to play Nashville and get revenge. Deep down they're terrified of history repeating itself. I hope we play Warren because I'd love to end Warren's season again. Maybe this time the fans won't cry and make excuses. But I doubt that.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas