• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hamburg @ Dardanelle Playoffs Round 2

Started by Sports Guru, November 13, 2015, 09:06:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Vote your Winner

Hamburg
28 (33.3%)
Dardanelle
56 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Voting closed: November 20, 2015, 10:53:55 pm

thatoneguy

November 16, 2015, 10:39:23 am #50 Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 10:52:38 am by thatoneguy
Quote from: riccoar on November 16, 2015, 09:49:41 am
Obviously Dardanelle has not faced a decent defense in conference play.  You look at their stats and well over 50% of their offensive production goes through one player.  If your gonna win, you have to neutralize #1.
keep Thinking that, while you're looking did you know that the two sophomores have accounted for a total of 37 touchdowns all season?  Thats the quarterback Eylas Carter and Dakota Rowland....While Kershner has 24... of the total 65 touchdowns the Lizards have all season.  last time i checked with my Dardanelle education 24/65 is still 37 percent.  So go ahead and stop number one we have multiple other ways to score.

Gray lizard

Quote from: thatoneguy on November 16, 2015, 10:39:23 am
Obviously Dardanelle has not faced a decent defense in conference play.  You look at their stats and well over 50% of their offensive production goes through one player.  If your gonna win, you have to neutralize #1.
keep Thinking that, while you're looking did you know that the two sophomores have accounted for a total of 37 touchdowns all season?  Thats the quarterback Eylas Carter and Dakota Rowland....While Kershner has 24... of the total 65 touchdowns the Lizards have all season.  So go ahead and stop number one we have multiple other ways to score.

It is true if you stop #1 you take away a lot of Dardanelle's scoring, Problem is that when a team tries that the end up finding out he is not all Dardanelle has.  The other side is I have not seen any team capable of shutting down #1 and several have tried.  I expect a big win by Dardanelle this week.  I am not saying a blow out, but to control the game with physical play on the line.

Sigmund Sauer

"You look at their stats and well over 50% of their offensive production goes through one player."

He's not played a down in 3 weeks.

riccoar

Quote from: Legend on November 16, 2015, 10:30:26 am
That or they are just that good.
Oh, I know they are good.  But they have not seen a defense like they will face in the playoffs.  I think we've seen there was quite a drop in the conference after Dardanelle.

STUNNA

Hamburg is plenty physical and fast as a whole also

The Coach

November 16, 2015, 12:06:49 pm #55 Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 01:08:58 pm by The Coach
Quote from: riccoar on November 16, 2015, 11:24:57 am
Oh, I know they are good.  But they have not seen a defense like they will face in the playoffs.  I think we've seen there was quite a drop in the conference after Dardanelle.

So the playoff defenses this year are better then last year?

thatoneguy

November 16, 2015, 12:15:40 pm #56 Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 12:17:46 pm by thatoneguy
Yeah you're correct Hamburgs defense will be the best (14.36)  that we've seen this season thus far , but not by very much. in the 4-4A excluding Dardanelle, there are three other defenses on average  that give up less than 20 points per game.
1. Dover- 16.36
2. Pottsville- 19.81
3. Robinson- 19.9

But to counter your argument has that defense seen an offense quite like Dardanelles? Dardanelle is averaging 45.3 points per game while your two losses have came against...
Warren  who is averaging 43 
and  Camden Fairview is averaging 29.63.

Now i know numbers aren't everything it depends upon the teams that show up, just something to talk about

Gray lizard

Dardanelle is allowing less than 10 points a game.  What is Hamburg allowing?  I do not see Dardanelle allowing more than 20 points in this game.  Do Hamburg folks feel like they can hold Dardanelle to less than 20 points?

STUNNA

Quote from: thatoneguy on November 16, 2015, 12:15:40 pm
Yeah you're correct Hamburgs defense will be the best (14.36)  that we've seen this season thus far , but not by very much. in the 4-4A excluding Dardanelle, there are three other defenses on average  that give up less than 20 points per game.
1. Dover- 16.36

2. Pottsville- 19.81
3. Robinson- 19.9

But to counter your argument has that defense seen an offense quite like Dardanelles? Dardanelle is averaging 45.3 points per game while your two losses have came against...
Warren  who is averaging 43 
and  Camden Fairview is averaging 29.63.

Now i know numbers aren't everything it depends upon the teams that show up, just something to talk about

Not that it matters but warren is averaging 47 points a game.

LJ06

Not to make this a Warren thread so this is my only post about it.

Warren Scoring

Total Points Scored - 473 (47.3 PPG)
Total Points Scored Against 4A - 374 (46.7 PPG)
Total Points Scored Against 8-4A - 319 (45.5 PPG)

OLDSCHOOL82

From an outsider looking in, this looks like it could be a ball game worth watching.  Am I missing something?  I will probably slide over and watch this game.  LJ, if everyone takes care of business ill be coming to Lumberjack land next Friday to see that third round beast of a game that is happening too early in the bracket!!

LJ06

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on November 16, 2015, 02:00:08 pm
From an outsider looking in, this looks like it could be a ball game worth watching.  Am I missing something?  I will probably slide over and watch this game.  LJ, if everyone takes care of business ill be coming to Lumberjack land next Friday to see that third round beast of a game that is happening too early in the bracket!!

Come on down to Bradley County if it works out! Always welcome Bearcat fans. Have much respect for the program.

AirWarren

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on November 16, 2015, 02:00:08 pm

Well well well. Wouldn't that be nice.

Btw. I wouldn't be wearing a Chelsea FC jersey these days.

riccoar

Quote from: LJ06 on November 16, 2015, 01:46:16 pm
Not to make this a Warren thread so this is my only post about it.

Warren Scoring

Total Points Scored - 473 (47.3 PPG)
Total Points Scored Against 4A - 374 (46.7 PPG)
Total Points Scored Against 8-4A - 319 (45.5 PPG)
The point I was making is the competition is much stiffer starting this week.  You can go a long way to defeating Dardanelle if you contain Kershner.  Dardanelle has not faced a defense who can do that yet and certainly there was not one in their conference who could.

OLDSCHOOL82

Has kershner had the knee problem all season?

Sigmund Sauer

Bruised in 1st quarter of Robinson game is what I've heard.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on November 16, 2015, 03:28:40 pm

He must have had a different injury during pre season then.

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on November 16, 2015, 03:32:30 pm

I remember the play, he waited too long to pitch on the option, took a hard shot.

I didn't even realize he had anything going on preseason, but didn't see any of that action either.

Lacerta agilis

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on November 16, 2015, 03:32:30 pm

He was in a negotiation hold out when we played the Bearcats. That's all settled now.  ;D

OLDSCHOOL82

^ Gotta stand your ground if you don't like the contract specifics. 

LJ06

Good option in resting him Friday night.

green-eagle

where are the Hamburg LOINS posters? there are a million of them......fair weather fan! or did they post on Pokey's thread instead!!!!

LJ06

Quote from: green-eagle on November 16, 2015, 04:11:39 pm
where are the Hamburg LOINS posters? there are a million of them......fair weather fan! or did they post on Pokey's thread instead!!!!

We made them quit. Probably chasing armadillos or something anyway.

HBG PRIDE

November 16, 2015, 04:40:20 pm #73 Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 04:44:28 pm by HBG PRIDE
Quote from: LJ06 on November 16, 2015, 04:14:00 pm

We made them quit. Probably chasing armadillos or something anyway.
Chasing bucks...lol...We will all see if Dardanelle is legitimate no.1 come friday. I have watched several Dard. games. Look good to me, but I can tell you this...I don't think yal have played a team this year as fast as Hamburg as a team.  I do think we hold Dard. to under 20....Only time will tell.

Lacerta agilis

Compared to what I saw from Hamburg last year, Robinson is about as fast on overall team speed. Also from what I saw last year, Hamburg will probably be the most physical team we've seen this year.

HBG PRIDE

Quote from: Lacerta agilis on November 16, 2015, 05:18:59 pm
Compared to what I saw from Hamburg last year, Robinson is about as fast on overall team speed. Also from what I saw last year, Hamburg will probably be the most physical team we've seen this year.
Looking forward to this game

rdhill

Go watch your team play BB and leave Hamburg alone I haven't went anywhere I post at times when there is something to say. I am not gonna predict a Lion win that would be foolish but I will predict a well played competitive game.

green-eagle

Quote from: rdhill on November 16, 2015, 07:13:20 pm
Go watch your team play BB and leave Hamburg alone I haven't went anywhere I post at times when there is something to say. I am not gonna predict a Lion win that would be foolish but I will predict a well played competitive game.
Calm down, dont blow a gasket... Gez! Afraid that I will bring you bad luck!!!

riccoar

Quote from: Gray lizard on November 16, 2015, 10:47:38 am
Quote from: thatoneguy on November 16, 2015, 10:39:23 am
keep Thinking that, while you're looking did you know that the two sophomores have accounted for a total of 37 touchdowns all season?  Thats the quarterback Eylas Carter and Dakota Rowland....While Kershner has 24... of the total 65 touchdowns the Lizards have all season.  So go ahead and stop number one we have multiple other ways to score.

It is true if you stop #1 you take away a lot of Dardanelle's scoring, Problem is that when a team tries that the end up finding out he is not all Dardanelle has.  The other side is I have not seen any team capable of shutting down #1 and several have tried.  I expect a big win by Dardanelle this week.  I am not saying a blow out, but to control the game with physical play on the line.
That was my point.  Kershner lines up at QB, RB, and Recevier and has TD's at all three positions.  Notice I said it will help you go a long way to defeating them, not a sure fire guaranteed win.  Notice in LSU's two losses the teams that contained the NCAA's leading rusher, won.  There was a huge drop in the 4A-4 after Dardanelle and it was clear nobody in their conference could contain him.  Some of you homer's get way too sensitive with your home teams. 

Gray lizard

It is not the skill players that make the Dardanelle team go. No homer in that.  I am sure you will understand at a later date.

riccoar

Quote from: Gray lizard on November 17, 2015, 11:01:41 am
It is not the skill players that make the Dardanelle team go. No homer in that.  I am sure you will understand at a later date.
I wasn't meaning you, it was thatoneguy.  Dardanelle is skilled and I picked them in this game.  But Benton found out vs. Pine Bluff last year what happens when your play maker is neutralized.  I think everyone is hoping to see Dardanelle vs. Nashville/Warren come December

HBG PRIDE

Quote from: riccoar on November 17, 2015, 11:08:38 am
Quote from: Gray lizard on November 17, 2015, 11:01:41 am
I wasn't meaning you, it was thatoneguy.  Dardanelle is skilled and I picked them in this game.  But Benton found out vs. Pine Bluff last year what happens when your play maker is neutralized.  I think everyone is hoping to see Dardanelle vs. Nashville/Warren come December
Not me...I'm hoping to see Hamburg and Warren in title game.

riccoar

Nothing wrong with hope.  But Dardanelle, Nashville, and Warren are the clear top teams in 4A.

HBG PRIDE

Quote from: riccoar on November 18, 2015, 07:24:38 am
Nothing wrong with hope.  But Dardanelle, Nashville, and Warren are the clear top teams in 4A.
Dosnt matter bout rankings or what's been done during the season. All that matters is what happens the next few fridays and no nothing is clear....That's why the games are played....Some roads to this point have been tougher than others....Competition changes now.

SUGARTOWN

The top teams doesn't always make it though. Look at Mena last year. It's all about match ups come playoff time.

Superjack45

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 18, 2015, 08:17:21 am

The top teams doesn't always make it though. Look at Mena last year. It's all about match ups come playoff time.
If you never say anything intelligent again you did that this time. I agree with you 💯 and in this league their is always a surprise or 2 but it's put up or shut up now,win or go home and that's for all 16 teams that's playing in the playoffs.

Touchdown99

where are the Hamburg LOINS posters? there are a million of them......fair weather fan! or did they post on Pokey's thread instead!!!

I'm starting to believe that you are a secret lions fan!you seem to always be worried about us.  Come on to Dardanelle Friday night and hang out with fans! I tell you what.. I now pronounced you Purple Eagle..you may now kiss our 🏈🏈🏈!!  #GoLions 😎

green-eagle

Quote from: Touchdown99 on November 18, 2015, 03:57:37 pm
where are the Hamburg LOINS posters? there are a million of them......fair weather fan! or did they post on Pokey's thread instead!!!

I'm starting to believe that you are a secret lions fan!you seem to always be worried about us.  Come on to Dardanelle Friday night and hang out with fans! I tell you what.. I now pronounced you Purple Eagle..you may now kiss our 🏈🏈🏈!!  #GoLions 😎

Oh how nice for you to give me an invite..., very heart warming.... But no thAnks. I'm travell ing to my watch my Green Eagles play!!!!! And beside this green eagle dont do purple!

HBG PRIDE

Quote from: green-eagle on November 18, 2015, 09:26:05 pm

Oh how nice for you to give me an invite..., very heart warming.... But no thAnks. I'm travell ing to my watch my Green Eagles play!!!!! And beside this green eagle dont do purple!
Might as well come support Ashley county....can't watch Eagles this week ...only Lions.

Scooter2121

Longfellow

The real team in Yell County wins by 14 this week. They'll be the last team in the county standing after this week

Scooter2121

Quote from: Longfellow on November 19, 2015, 08:00:53 am
The real team in Yell County wins by 14 this week. They'll be the last team in the county standing after this week
Go bounce a basketball!!!

Lumberjackfan1978

Come on lions make that defense roar this week.

green-eagle

Quote from: HBG PRIDE on November 18, 2015, 09:57:40 pm
Quote from: green-eagle on November 18, 2015, 09:26:05 pm

Might as well come support Ashley county....can't watch Eagles this week ...only Lions.

like I said, I would like to support Ashley county but I travelling to see my green Eagles play......Des arc vs MAgent Cove 2A playoffs....this will give me a chance to catch ups with some old blizzards....

HBG PRIDE

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on November 19, 2015, 08:10:29 am
I just hope we don't play like we did against yal. This should be a really good game.

Danvillegrad77

Can't miss an opportunity to get a dig in on Danville.  Hoping both do Yell county proud.  Go Green and Red

Lacerta agilis

Quote from: Danvillegrad77 on November 19, 2015, 12:30:48 pm
Can't miss an opportunity to get a dig in on Danville.  Hoping both do Yell county proud.  Go Green and Red
+1

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: HBG PRIDE on November 19, 2015, 11:59:21 am
I just hope we don't play like we did against yal. This should be a really good game.
i think Hamburg will be ready,I don't know if y'all can beat Dardy or not but if y'all play like y'all have in most games I think it will be a great game.Go Lions

HBG PRIDE

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on November 19, 2015, 07:54:48 pm
Quote from: HBG PRIDE on November 19, 2015, 11:59:21 am
i think Hamburg will be ready,I don't know if y'all can beat Dardy or not but if y'all play like y'all have in most games I think it will be a great game.Go Lions
Dardanelle is beatable..

Lumberjackfan1978

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas