• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warren vs Pottsville @Warren. Round 2. Let's get it started.

Started by AirWarren, November 13, 2015, 07:56:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Superjack45

AirWarren

Ready to smell that crisp, fresh air coming from the Pine Trees. The only thing better than crossing into that Bradley county line is passing through that Welcome to Warren sign.

APACHE

Lumberjackfan1978

Lets go  Jacks get ready only think about Pottsville this week 

AirWarren

Quote from: APACHE on November 16, 2015, 10:17:41 am
Hey Pottsville AR.........

Difference in country boys and hill folk.

Bradley county is full of those hank Jr. country boys.

Gray lizard

Pottsville will show up.

AirWarren

Gray lizard

[/quote]

Difference in country boys and hill folk.

Bradley county is full of those hank Jr. country boys.
[/quote]

Pottsville sits in river bottom area just South of the hills.

AirWarren

Anything above little rock is hill folk to a seark boy ha.

APACHE

Quote from: AirWarren on November 16, 2015, 10:43:39 am

Whats the difference in Hill Folk and Country Boys?

Gray lizard

Quote from: APACHE on November 16, 2015, 10:48:51 am
Quote from: AirWarren on November 16, 2015, 10:43:39 am

Whats the difference in Hill Folk and Country Boys?

The women look much better. I thought that was a given.

AirWarren

The women look much better in the hills?

Y'all need to get out more ha.

OLDSCHOOL82

Does Rust still like to run the split back and rely on the belly series? 

Gray lizard

Yes he does. but will run a single back set as well.  As most with some team speed he will spread it out some. Pottsville has a back with good speed.

LAfootball fan

The real question is does Pottsville have speed at wr?   If not, Warren will load the box and single cover the wr's and force Pottsville to throw the ball.  Warren has plenty of speed at the db position, just not a lot of size this year.  Tackling could be an issue due to the size of the rb though.  Have to hit him early and not let him get a head of steam. 

The other question is, how good is the Pottsville secondary and again how is the speed?  Warren will spread you out and pick on your weakest link speed wise.  There is no place to hide any weaknesses against this offense.  You had better be solid all the way around to slow them down or hope Warren's receivers get the dropsies.

LJ06

KASH dba The Lumberjack

LJ06

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on November 16, 2015, 08:32:59 pm
Have to say I'm surprised by 17, was hoping for 9-10pts.

It's the largest point spread picked by them for the week out of 4A. Surprising.

CounterPunch

Quote from: LJ06 on November 16, 2015, 08:36:57 pm
Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on November 16, 2015, 08:32:59 pm
Have to say I'm surprised by 17, was hoping for 9-10pts.

It's the largest point spread picked by them for the week out of 4A. Surprising.
Imnot surprised. It won't be close

purplecrush91

APACHE

Quote from: LAfootball fan on November 16, 2015, 06:29:40 pm
The real question is does Pottsville have speed at wr?   If not, Warren will load the box and single cover the wr's and force Pottsville to throw the ball.  Warren has plenty of speed at the db position, just not a lot of size this year.  Tackling could be an issue due to the size of the rb though.  Have to hit him early and not let him get a head of steam. 

The other question is, how good is the Pottsville secondary and again how is the speed?  Warren will spread you out and pick on your weakest link speed wise.  There is no place to hide any weaknesses against this offense.  You had better be solid all the way around to slow them down or hope Warren's receivers get the dropsies.

We run mainly the Dead T. (Everybody loads the box when they play us.) We dont use WR.

Our DB avg 2 INT a game, Between the 4 they avg 4.5 speed. You had better hope your QB is accurate or its going the other way.

LJ06

Quote from: APACHE on November 17, 2015, 08:01:29 am

We run mainly the Dead T. (Everybody loads the box when they play us.) We dont use WR.

Our DB avg 2 INT a game, Between the 4 they avg 4.5 speed. You had better hope your QB is accurate or its going the other way.

We will run Daniels to open our passing game up. Then we will hit you over the top with the pass when commit to the run. You guys will likely see the best core of receivers you have seen all year. It will be an interesting matchup.

STUNNA

sounds like the fasted group of DBs in the state...lol

APACHE

Quote from: LJ06 on November 17, 2015, 08:06:22 am

We will run Daniels to open our passing game up. Then we will hit you over the top with the pass when commit to the run. You guys will likely see the best core of receivers you have seen all year. It will be an interesting matchup.

I believe this game will be very Interesting, We are so much better than when we played Dover and Dardanelle. And I was like most people believing that Dardanelle was not or could not be better than last year. I was wrong. Their line is the best Line I have seen in High School in a long time.

So its hard for me to see Warren winning by more than 7. IMO it will be a 4 quarter game, give the win to the team with the fewest mistakes. IMO.

AirWarren

Quote from: STUNNA on November 17, 2015, 08:11:55 am

sounds like the fasted group of DBs in the state...lol

Or sucky competition with no real quarterback or wr's on these teams. 

STUNNA

Quote from: APACHE on November 17, 2015, 08:19:36 am
Quote from: LJ06 on November 17, 2015, 08:06:22 am

I believe this game will be very Interesting, We are so much better than when we played Dover and Dardanelle. And I was like most people believing that Dardanelle was not or could not be better than last year. I was wrong. Their line is the best Line I have seen in High School in a long time.

So its hard for me to see Warren winning by more than 7. IMO it will be a 4 quarter game, give the win to the team with the fewest mistakes. IMO.

Its hard to believe but Warrens offense might be better than last years. Warren has weapons at all the skill positions. and the best coach in 4A football.

Gray lizard

I bet you will see Pottsville set up in 3 wide on one side and 2 on the other and run a hurry up offence.  This is just coach Rust 2nd round way of doing things.  Everyone knows the dead T control the clock has no chance of beating a Southern power house.  So be ready to see anything.  They will put just 2 down lineman on defense and defend the pass because of all the speed on Warren. 
You can bet one thing Pottsville will play their game and if they can move the ball they will eat the clock up.  I have seen coach Rust limit the other team to just 5 offence possessions a game.  This is what they can do if they can move the chains.

AirWarren

One thing for sure. Pottsville runs a difficult offense to stop.

STUNNA

LJ06

Quote from: AirWarren on November 17, 2015, 08:45:14 am
One thing for sure. Pottsville runs a difficult offense to stop.

Closest offense we will have seen to Pottsville would be Dollarways. Obviously not the same level of competition though.

nastynice

Quote from: Gray lizard on November 17, 2015, 08:39:13 am
I bet you will see Pottsville set up in 3 wide on one side and 2 on the other and run a hurry up offence.  This is just coach Rust 2nd round way of doing things.  Everyone knows the dead T control the clock has no chance of beating a Southern power house. So be ready to see anything.  They will put just 2 down lineman on defense and defend the pass because of all the speed on Warren. 
You can bet one thing Pottsville will play their game and if they can move the ball they will eat the clock up.  I have seen coach Rust limit the other team to just 5 offence possessions a game.  This is what they can do if they can move the chains.
Im guessing you're being sarcastic?

2013!

LJ06

Quote from: nastynice on November 17, 2015, 09:55:47 am
I bet you will see Pottsville set up in 3 wide on one side and 2 on the other and run a hurry up offence.  This is just coach Rust 2nd round way of doing things.  Everyone knows the dead T control the clock has no chance of beating a Southern power house. So be ready to see anything.  They will put just 2 down lineman on defense and defend the pass because of all the speed on Warren. 

2013!

Big difference between Pottsville 2015 and Booneville 2013.

Lumberjackfan1978

AirWarren

Quote from: LJ06 on November 17, 2015, 09:58:34 am
Quote from: nastynice on November 17, 2015, 09:55:47 am

2013!

Big difference between Pottsville 2015 and Booneville 2013.

If that is the target point there, I pity that person.

STUNNA

Just wondering how Pottsville can be so good and finish 4th in their conference. Are most of these people expecting a close game conference buddies?

Gray lizard

Quote from: STUNNA on November 17, 2015, 10:36:17 am
Just wondering how Pottsville can be so good and finish 4th in their conference. Are most of these people expecting a close game conference buddies?
I think there was a three way tie for 2 place and ended up Robinson, Dover, and then Pottsville.

LJ06

Quote from: Gray lizard on November 17, 2015, 10:55:42 am
I think there was a three way tie for 2 place and ended up Robinson, Dover, and then Pottsville.

The 4th place is deceiving. Like Lizard stated they tied for second. They've really turned it around since they were down 27-7 to Robinson. Think that was the score anyway when Pottsville made the comeback. They have been playing good football since. They have one head scratching loss to Dover and two other losses to Dardanelle 36-14 and to Morrilton 27-12. Pottsville has been the biggest threat to Dardanelle out of everybody the Sand Lizards have played. It won't be an easy game for the 'Jacks due to limited chances offensively, but Warren should prevail.

Superjack45

Quote from: LJ06 on November 17, 2015, 11:00:13 am

The 4th place is deceiving. Like Lizard stated they tied for second. They've really turned it around since they were down 27-7 to Robinson. Think that was the score anyway when Pottsville made the comeback. They have been playing good football since. They have one head scratching loss to Dover and two other losses to Dardanelle 36-14 and to Morrilton 27-12. Pottsville has been the biggest threat to Dardanelle out of everybody the Sand Lizards have played. It won't be an easy game for the 'Jacks due to limited chances offensively, but Warren should prevail.
This game is really one of those games that can kill you if you come out flat and I hope Warren don't,since the bye which is something I think could hurt a team like Warren because of the precision that they use on offense could be out of sink. Since all this freak in rain has fallen I really don't know how this game is going to go but I will be yelling and screaming none the less.

LJ06

Quote from: Superjack45 on November 17, 2015, 05:06:33 pm
Quote from: LJ06 on November 17, 2015, 11:00:13 am

This game is really one of those games that can kill you if you come out flat and I hope Warren don't,since the bye which is something I think could hurt a team like Warren because of the precision that they use on offense could be out of sink. Since all this freak in rain has fallen I really don't know how this game is going to go but I will be yelling and screaming none the less.

Ground should be dried up a lot by Friday.

Superjack45

Shhhhh! Man 😀😀😀. Yeah the field usually drains good should be just fine by Friday.

Tomahawk

Just working on this week's graphics package.  Looking forward to Friday's Broadcast

LJ06

Quote from: Tomahawk on November 17, 2015, 05:20:38 pm
Just working on this week's graphics package.  Looking forward to Friday's Broadcast

Nice work!  Look forward to having you guys down Friday.  Hope your enjoy your stay in all phases except for the final outcome of the game! ;D

AirWarren

AirWarren

Superjack45

Yes we have Teefs too Lol. That still cracks me up when ever I think about it.

Jacketman65

Quote from: Superjack45 on November 17, 2015, 06:47:19 pm
Yes we have Teefs too Lol. That still cracks me up when ever I think about it.
Nah, Pottsville is in the foothills, they aren't up here in the mountains!

Jacketman65

AirWarren

Jacketman65

I know some folks down in Pottsville, if we can get the team down there early Friday, could you good Jack fans PLEASE give them a tour of your fine PAPER MILL! ;)  You know AW, that would be a great experience for those kids!

LJ06

Quote from: Jacketman65 on November 17, 2015, 07:08:21 pm
I know some folks down in Pottsville, if we can get the team down there early Friday, could you good Jack fans PLEASE give them a tour of your fine PAPER MILL! ;)  You know AW, that would be a great experience for those kids!

They can stop in Pine Bluff to view both of them!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas