• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warren vs Pottsville @Warren. Round 2. Let's get it started.

Started by AirWarren, November 13, 2015, 07:56:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

Quote from: Tomahawk on November 25, 2015, 07:03:06 am
Quote from: minerjack2212 on November 21, 2015, 01:26:13 pm
The interception that Pottsville's #5 had on the goal line was huge. Until number 13 from Warren took it away from him and scored.

I didn't have a great angle from where I was in the press box, but I kinda thought Josh was down with the ball before the receiver wrestled it away.  The ref wasn't in the greatest of vantage points either.

I was near the endzone. As treylon and josh were falling down, treylon had possession of the ball. Josh did however, made first contact on the ball. Just a great play for both kids. Treylon had about 5 inches and 50 lbs on josh and he ripped it away pretty easy. 

LJ06

Quote from: AirWarren on November 25, 2015, 08:28:06 am
Quote from: Tomahawk on November 25, 2015, 07:03:06 am
Quote from: minerjack2212 on November 21, 2015, 01:26:13 pm
The interception that Pottsville's #5 had on the goal line was huge. Until number 13 from Warren took it away from him and scored.

I didn't have a great angle from where I was in the press box, but I kinda thought Josh was down with the ball before the receiver wrestled it away.  The ref wasn't in the greatest of vantage points either.

I was near the endzone. As treylon and josh were falling down, treylon had possession of the ball. Josh did however, made first contact on the ball. Just a great play for both kids. Treylon had about 5 inches and 50 lbs on josh and he ripped it away pretty easy. 

I thought it was a tie up as they hit the ground and it certainly looked like it on film too. Duggar did have his hands on it first, but Burks tied it up before hitting the ground. It was a tough call to make for sure, but the call will almost always go in favor of the offense in those situations.

TC2

I feel like the tie up in the end zone was the correct "no call", as both players had their hands on it and Burks wrestled it away. The same "no call" should have occurred on the other interception, as Burks first caught the ball and #5 stripped it from him instantly. In both instances, both players made great plays and should have been treated the same.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas