• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warren vs Pottsville @Warren. Round 2. Let's get it started.

Started by AirWarren, November 13, 2015, 07:56:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

Quote from: LJ06 on November 17, 2015, 07:18:58 pm
Quote from: Jacketman65 on November 17, 2015, 07:08:21 pm
I know some folks down in Pottsville, if we can get the team down there early Friday, could you good Jack fans PLEASE give them a tour of your fine PAPER MILL! ;)  You know AW, that would be a great experience for those kids!

They can stop in Pine Bluff to view both of them!

No you're confused. There is a huge Clearwater paper mill on Martin street.

AirWarren

I know some folks down in Pottsville, if we can get the team down there early Friday, could you good Jack fans PLEASE give them a tour of your fine PAPER MILL! ;)  You know AW, that would be a great experience for those kids!

I work there. Should be fine!

LJ06

Quote from: AirWarren on November 17, 2015, 07:36:57 pm
Quote from: LJ06 on November 17, 2015, 07:18:58 pm

They can stop in Pine Bluff to view both of them!

No you're confused. There is a huge Clearwater paper mill on Martin street.

And a Georgia-Pacific mill on Myrtle.

Jacketman65

I'll check and see if there is any interest, maybe we can invite Sugartown as  well. ;D

SUGARTOWN

Yeah my bad, I thought you had industry in Warren. I knew better, I've been there several times.

LJ06

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 18, 2015, 07:40:42 am
Yeah my bad, I thought you had industry in Warren. I knew better, I've been there several times.

Yeah it's called Lumber

Jack1990

Might be hard to get a tour of either.  They are just swamped with work and are running hard and heavy 24/7.  Since I work for GP, I can see what I can do though! ;)

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: LJ06 on November 18, 2015, 07:42:00 am

Yeah it's called Lumber

Which turns into paper, and that whole process is not pleasing to the senses. You do get used to it though,I used to work a printing company.

LJ06

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 18, 2015, 07:44:04 am

Yeah it's called Lumber

Which turns into paper, and that whole process is not pleasing to the senses. You do get used to it though,I used to work a printing company.

Horrible stench for sure

Jack1990

Yeah it's called Lumber

Logs turn into paper...not lumber into paper.  No one in their right mind would process logs into lumber then pulp them into paper. Too cost prohibitive.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Jack1990 on November 18, 2015, 07:46:23 am

Yeah it's called Lumber

Logs turn into paper...not lumber into paper.  No one in their right mind would process logs into lumber then pulp them into paper. Too cost prohibitive.

So none of the trees cut down in the Bradley/Desha county area make it to a paper mill?

Jack1990

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 18, 2015, 07:48:49 am

Yeah it's called Lumber

So none of the trees cut down in the Bradley/Desha county area make it to a paper mill?

Lots of trees make it but not as lumber to be made into pulp.  They come as logs where they are debarked, chipped, then put into the process. 

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Jack1990 on November 18, 2015, 07:51:09 am
Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 18, 2015, 07:48:49 am

Yeah it's called Lumber

Lots of trees make it but not as lumber to be made into pulp.  They come as logs where they are debarked, chipped, then put into the process.

That was my point, trees from that area go to the paper mill. Thanks for clarifying.

AirWarren

Quote from: Jack1990 on November 18, 2015, 07:43:27 am
Might be hard to get a tour of either.  They are just swamped with work and are running hard and heavy 24/7.  Since I work for GP, I can see what I can do though! ;)
I'm shift supervisor at the Clearwater paper mill on Martin street. Come by and see me. I'll give you GP guys a tour.

Gray lizard

AirWarren

Just got into my office. I can see the smoke stack and smoke from the Warren Paper mill right now. All the way from little rock. Hard to understand how I missed that mill for so many years.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: AirWarren on November 18, 2015, 08:01:55 am
Just got into my office. I can see the smoke stack and smoke from the Warren Paper mill right now. All the way from little rock.

You have a window in your EZ Mart office in "WLR"?  :)

AirWarren

Quote from: Gray lizard on November 18, 2015, 08:00:49 am
Must be the middle of the week. 

Naw. We like talking lumber, pine trees, paper mills(massive one in Warren in hear), logging, precommercial thinning, boundary line painting, and tree planting. It's more than just a mascot to us.

Jack1990

Quote from: AirWarren on November 18, 2015, 07:53:58 am
I'm shift supervisor at the Clearwater paper mill on Martin street. Come by and see me. I'll give you GP guys a tour.

We need to get together because apparently Clearwater has refined the paper making process to the point where it hardly smells at all. I know when I drive by, you wouldn't even realize there is a mill there.   Maybe we at GP could get some pointers and new ideas to better help the environment. 

LJ06

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 18, 2015, 08:02:48 am
Just got into my office. I can see the smoke stack and smoke from the Warren Paper mill right now. All the way from little rock.

You have a window from your EZ Mart office in "WLR"?  :)

HAHAHAHA +1

Jack1990

Quote from: LJ06 on November 18, 2015, 08:05:48 am
Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 18, 2015, 08:02:48 am

You have a window from your EZ Mart office in "WLR"?  :)

HAHAHAHA +1

Hate to admit it but that is a good one!! +1 for Sugar!!

AirWarren

One thing about sugar. He is two shades of DA. BUT at least he as good at it. Unlike some posters.

AirWarren

Quote from: Jack1990 on November 18, 2015, 08:04:04 am
Quote from: AirWarren on November 18, 2015, 07:53:58 am

We need to get together because apparently Clearwater has refined the paper making process to the point where it hardly smells at all. I know when I drive by, you wouldn't even realize there is a mill there.   Maybe we at GP could get some pointers and new ideas to better help the environment. 

I'll call the head office and them know that GP wants to partner up and help with enviromental disturbances that occur from the odors of paper mills. We don't want to be smelling like Jefferson and Arkansas county. I'll give Hillary Clinton and al gore a call too.

AirWarren

Catered thanksgiving meal at work. Turkey and all the fixin's. Reserved board room for all of us.

Then...

Patron pinched me on the shoulder. Woke up. Realized I was at ez mart with an gas station burger in my hand.

StevenGlen

The Pottsville broadcast crew is honored to be traveling to Warren to broadcast our matchup on Friday night.  The Apaches are honored to be on the same field as the Lumber Jacks.  The Warren tradition is impressive and we have nothing to match up with Warren's tradition of the Lumber Jack.  We have no graduates currently on NFL rosters, we have never won a state championship, and do not have near the athletes that Warren can put on the field.  I'm certain that Pottsville will send 5 and 6 recievers into the pattern on each play to try and move the ball.  I would imagine that Warren should already be game planning for Nashville, right? 

The previous narrative was offered tongue in cheek; mostly. 

In all seriousness, we do in fact have all the respect in the world for Warren and the tradition of the Lumber Jacks.  I believe there are currently 3 Warren grads on NFL active rosters?  I'm not sure any Arkansas High School can match that for tradition.  Winning a State championship speaks for itself at any level.  As my favorite professional wrestler, Rick Flair used to say, "if you want to be THE MAN, you've got to beat THE MAN." and in Class 4A football, Warren is "the man" with no disrespect to anyone.  What do I mean by "the man"?  Warren is the State Champion until someone figures out a way to beat them, which is no small task especially on their field. 

My hope is that Pottsville can keep the game close until the 4th quarter when anything can happen.  If Warren gets out to a fast start in the first quarter it could be a long night for this fat radio announcer guy.  No matter it will be a fantastic Friday Night! 

LJ06

Quote from: StevenGlen on November 18, 2015, 03:20:04 pm
The Pottsville broadcast crew is honored to be traveling to Warren to broadcast our matchup on Friday night.  The Apaches are honored to be on the same field as the Lumber Jacks.  The Warren tradition is impressive and we have nothing to match up with Warren's tradition of the Lumber Jack.  We have no graduates currently on NFL rosters, we have never won a state championship, and do not have near the athletes that Warren can put on the field.  I'm certain that Pottsville will send 5 and 6 recievers into the pattern on each play to try and move the ball.  I would imagine that Warren should already be game planning for Nashville, right? 

In all seriousness, we do in fact have all the respect in the world for Warren and the tradition of the Lumber Jacks.  I believe there are currently 3 Warren grads on NFL active rosters?  I'm not sure any Arkansas High School can match that for tradition.  Winning a State championship speaks for itself at any level.  As my favorite professional wrestler, Rick Flair used to say, "if you want to be THE MAN, you've got to beat THE MAN." and in Class 4A football, Warren is "the man" with no disrespect to anyone.  What do I mean by "the man"?  Warren is the State Champion until someone figures out a way to beat them, which is no small task especially on their field. 

My hope is that Pottsville can keep the game close until the 4th quarter when anything can happen.  If Warren gets out to a fast start in the first quarter it could be a long night for this fat radio announcer guy.  No matter it will be a fantastic Friday Night! 

Looking forward to it! Pottsville has always been a team I've wanted Warren to play and we finally get to meet up. The Apaches have a very good and hot team coming into this matchup and Warren knows it will be in for a battle. The Lumberjacks know that they have a huge target on their backs due to being the defending state champions and Pottsville will make us earn everything. Pottsville may lack tradition of sorts, but never too late to start building it up. A win against Warren at Warren would be a huge boost for the Apache program. I think you guys have a great coach at the helm in Coach Rust. This game will be showcasing not only some of the best talent in the state, but also coaching as well. I hope your trip to Bradley County is enjoyable and safe travels to all. Good luck Apaches and Go Jacks!

AirWarren

Do you guys travel well? Regardless, we welcome everyone at Warren. Very friendly town and community.

I beg you though. Don't get ARKADELPHIAITIS when you get to the stadium. For the love of God, we have three admission gates. Ha. Use them!!!

:D

Jack1990

And we look forward to welcoming you into our pressbox.  We in the pressbox try to treat our announcers and pressbox visitors well.  See you Friday night!

APACHE

Quote from: AirWarren on November 18, 2015, 03:45:06 pm

Do you guys travel well? Regardless, we welcome everyone at Warren. Very friendly town and community.

I beg you though. Don't get ARKADELPHIAITIS when you get to the stadium. For the love of God, we have three admission gates. Ha. Use them!!!

We Travel pretty good, I think we had more of us at highland than they did.

But what is ARKADELPHIAITIS ??

LJ06

Literally my look when I arrived at the stadium at 5:30 and to my amazement I saw a LONG line of Badger fans standing behind a locked gate on the visitor side when the main gate was WIDE open.

OLDSCHOOL82

LJ06

Quote from: Jack1990 on November 18, 2015, 03:52:11 pm

And we look forward to welcoming you into our pressbox.  We in the pressbox try to treat our announcers and pressbox visitors well.  See you Friday night!

You guys hold it down up there!

Romeo

Ive got my tickets to fly down next week for Thanksgiving. I'm hoping Warren is still playing and Friday doesn't turn out to be Shiloh 2005.

LJ06

Quote from: Romeo on November 18, 2015, 04:06:10 pm
Ive got my tickets to fly down next week for Thanksgiving. I'm hoping Warren is still playing and Friday doesn't turn out to be Shiloh 2005.

STUNNA

don't remind us... lol

AirWarren

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on November 18, 2015, 03:55:16 pm
Here is a neat little article about warren schools in a local paper. If I copied the link correctly.

http://swtimes.com/columns-blogs/steve-brawner/commentary-goals-not-grades-focus-warren

Charter schools. When done right, it works. The jury is still out on that in Warren.

LJ06

Quote from: AirWarren on November 18, 2015, 04:35:09 pm
Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on November 18, 2015, 03:55:16 pm
Here is a neat little article about warren schools in a local paper. If I copied the link correctly.

http://swtimes.com/columns-blogs/steve-brawner/commentary-goals-not-grades-focus-warren

Charter schools. When done right, it works. The jury is still out on that in Warren.

Very much so

AirWarren

LJ06

Quote from: AirWarren on November 18, 2015, 04:42:42 pm

What could have been...sigh

Tomahawk

Quote from: LJ06 on November 18, 2015, 03:53:36 pm

Literally my look when I arrived at the stadium at 5:30 and to my amazement I saw a LONG line of Badger fans standing behind a locked gate on the visitor side when the main gate was WIDE open.

Quote from: Jack1990 on November 18, 2015, 03:52:11 pm

StevenGlen and I are excited to make the trip.  If anyone wants to watch this game on the Livestream, here's the address:

http://livestream.com/pottsvilleschools/fbwarren/

Superjack45

Quote from: STUNNA on November 18, 2015, 04:30:05 pm

don't remind us... lol
please don't that was terrible more talent on the sidelines than what Shilo had but still lost by what 2pts. The Team that Could've Been but Never Was. Then next year go th State and play the Scrappers and get well I won't say it. Lol!!!!

LJ06

Quote from: Superjack45 on November 18, 2015, 06:28:19 pm
Quote from: STUNNA on November 18, 2015, 04:30:05 pm

don't remind us... lol
please don't that was terrible more talent on the sidelines than what Shilo had but still lost by what 2pts. The Team that Could've Been but Never Was. Then next year go th State and play the Scrappers and get well I won't say it. Lol!!!!

1 measly point

33-32

Lumberjackfan1978

Never forget that night,I want to but then when I see that picture at warren motor supply such a clear picture

AirWarren

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on November 19, 2015, 07:52:01 am
Never forget that night,I want to but then when I see that picture at warren motor supply such a clear picture

That picture is still up? Haven't been in Warren motor supply in a long time.

LJ06

Quote from: AirWarren on November 19, 2015, 07:56:38 am

What picture?

AirWarren

Quote from: LJ06 on November 19, 2015, 07:57:26 am

What picture?

If memory serves me correctly, it's the 2006 WMS picture. Ha

Lumberjackfan1978

Yes it was taken at the sideline at goal line, it shows it all no doubt

LJ06

Quote from: AirWarren on November 19, 2015, 07:58:24 am
Quote from: LJ06 on November 19, 2015, 07:57:26 am

What picture?

If memory serves me correctly, it's the 2006 WMS picture. Ha

Need to smash that sucker like Hembree did of the '03 Nashville game win TD pic before the 1st round playoff in '04 haha.

Lumberjackfan1978

AirWarren

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas