• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warren vs Pottsville @Warren. Round 2. Let's get it started.

Started by AirWarren, November 13, 2015, 07:56:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

Going to get this started. Looks like Pottsville will be heading to Warren. More to come.

LJ06

Yeah I believe their game is pretty much done with them being up 42-7 near half lol.

LJ06

Most points Pottsville has given up all year was 36 to Dardanelle.

AirWarren

LJ06

For sure especially with us coming off of a bye.  Hope for no rust...

AirWarren

Quote from: LJ06 on November 13, 2015, 08:12:33 pm

We need fresh legs and anger. HA

nastynice

LJ06

Quote from: AirWarren on November 13, 2015, 08:15:47 pm
Quote from: LJ06 on November 13, 2015, 08:12:33 pm

We need fresh legs and anger. HA

We need another statement game! ha!

~WPS~

I figure Warren will win but Pottsville is going to give you a run for your money.

Superjack45

Got to stop that big fullback man he was killing Highland.

LJ06

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on November 13, 2015, 08:24:12 pm
I figure Warren will win but Pottsville is going to give you a run for your money.

Yep looks like it.

AirWarren

Dead t. Wing t. Splitback veer. Wishbone. Double slot.

None are easy to stop. Especially when the team is scrappy.

LJ06

Legend

LJ06

Legend

I think Warren wears them down second half thats why im going 17 and not more.

Sigmund Sauer

Pottsville is no stranger to big games. They dominated and beat Russellville in the 4th qtr.

phdefense

Just tell the Warren players that this is Booneville in disguise and summon all the Bearcat hate.

LJ06

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on November 14, 2015, 01:45:55 pm
Pottsville is no stranger to big games. They dominated and beat Russellville in the 4th qtr.

Then you stunk the bed against Dover.  Glad you've found your offense again though.

Legend

This would be a huge win for the program if Pottsville can pull it off.

imtie

Superjack45

Quote from: Legend on November 14, 2015, 03:21:53 pm
This would be a huge win for the program if Pottsville can pull it off.
After having this bye unlike last year looks to be a tough out for the Jacks hope they can pull it out and stay healthy.

CounterPunch

AirWarren

SCRAPYARD

APACHE

This is my thoughts about Pottsville, not about the game. Reason is, yes I want us to win, but I know that any team can be beat and that could be us. And Warren in my book the one to beat they are the Reigning Champs. So I know most are picking Warren, thats fine I like underdogs too. Alot of people picked highland and those that pick Pottsville to beat Highland was by a slim margin. I was surprised at half with 42-7 lead. So about the game IDK.

But I do know (you can take this to the bank). No team in the 4A will wear us down, now we may have a let down, but we have done that and the boys wont let that happen again.

Secondly we are on track, I said in early post this year you dont want to play us late in the year and the boys have kept that promise for me. (kinda of like the hogs season.) Our guys have developed trust and a bond that was not there and even the coaches have made changes that are helping.

Lastly our guys attitude is so different than the past. They are hungry and the only way they lose is if Warren is more hungry. 

So good luck to all the players but Hoping on an Apache Upset. 4seed taken on the 1seed.

LJ06

Warren needs to come out full speed ahead.  We can ill afford to be rusty out of the gate in this game.  Offensively, test Pottsville's secondary early and often to open up the running lanes for Daniels.  Historically, Warren has struggled against teams whos offensive scheme is similar to Pottsville's (Dead T.)  Warren needs to be aggressive and blow them up.  It will be an interesting game for sure, but one I will be looking forward to! 

AirWarren

CounterPunch

AirWarren

Fresh legs for Warren. Play with no rust and attack on defense.

polksalet

Is Warren to lose intentionally to dodge Nashville? If they lose this week will it be the Nashville ref's fault?

LJ06

Quote from: polksalet on November 15, 2015, 03:08:07 pm
Is Warren to lose intentionally to dodge Nashville? If they lose this week will it be the Nashville ref's fault?

Funny would have thought the opposite

Legend

~WPS~

Quote from: LJ06 on November 15, 2015, 03:17:15 pm

Warren's never beaten Nashville in the playoffs. So polksalet is probably right.

Romeo

Warren's been battled tested in the playoffs. We've taken on and beaten some of the best teams of the last ten years (i.e. Arkadelphia 2013, Dardanelle 2014). Its going to take a team's absolute A game to knock Warren out of the playoffs.

LJ06

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on November 15, 2015, 03:29:26 pm
Quote from: LJ06 on November 15, 2015, 03:17:15 pm

Warren's never beaten Nashville in the playoffs. So polksalet is probably right.

Nashville has not been further than the Quarter-Finals since 2007. Something has gotta give.

LJ06

Quote from: Romeo on November 15, 2015, 03:29:52 pm
Warren's been battled tested in the playoffs. We've taken on and beaten some of the best teams of the last ten years (i.e. Arkadelphia 2013, Dardanelle 2014). Its going to take a team's absolute A game to knock Warren out of the playoffs.

Nashville reminds me of 2013 Arky

hawgfan15

Quote from: LJ06 on November 15, 2015, 04:13:51 pm

A few similarities for sure. We have a lot more weapons than that team did though. 

LJ06

Quote from: hawgfan15 on November 15, 2015, 04:33:22 pm

I can agree, but I was really referencing your backfield. It was a compliment.

A few similarities for sure. We have a lot more weapons than that team did though. 

hawgfan15

Quote from: LJ06 on November 15, 2015, 04:34:46 pm

Oh yeah I took it as a compliment. That Arkadelphia team was very good.

Yes, Howell and Oliver were quite the tandem. Comparable to Snell and Hopkins for sure.

LJ06

Quote from: hawgfan15 on November 15, 2015, 04:40:34 pm
Quote from: LJ06 on November 15, 2015, 04:34:46 pm

Oh yeah I took it as a compliment. That Arkadelphia team was very good.

Yes, Howell and Oliver were quite the tandem. Comparable to Snell and Hopkins for sure.

Snell is very elusive. If your gonna beat Nashville your going to have to start with containing him. Tough job to get done.

LAfootball fan

Interested in seeing how well we play against Pottsville this Friday.  We play well this Friday and win then I will have a better feel for how well we are going to match up with Nashville, assuming they win also.  This team has continually surprised me with how they have continued to win in spite of a rash of injuries to starting players.  They have beaten some very good teams and made it look easy at times.  Teams that started with a lot of talent and a lot of experience, yet this young team just played like veterans.

Our offense is so explosive at times that it really isn't fair to defensive coordinators at the high school level.  We can hit you at rb, qb, and wr at any time.  If the injuries don't catch up to us then this team will be very hard to beat in the playoffs.  Defense is just so young that it has been surprising how well they have held up this year.  Statistics show we are giving up on average around 28 points per game but it doesn't matter when you are scoring at a 47 point clip.   Bo has done a masterful job of patching all the holes created every time we lost a starter due to injury.  Will be interesting to say the least to see if Bo can it hold this team together for a few more games.

AirWarren

We have quality depth at the linemen position. And it has showed this year.

LAfootball fan

I think we have "surprising" quality depth but we are pushing the envelope if anyone else goes down.  Players are having to go two ways more now due to the injuries and that could really hurt us in a close game going into the fourth quarter.   Our offense has been a little hit and miss at times because of the injuries and there is the distinct possibility they could get worn down against a team with superior depth on the line.  I am hoping that this extra week off has given the players nursing injuries a chance to heal up enough to possibly allow them back on the field.  This team has outperformed everyone's expectations and if anyone had said before the season that we would lose the amount of starters we have lost and still finish the season 9-1 and undefeated in conference, NO ONE would have believed it and thought you were out of your mind.  Just an unbelievable year so far and any game we win from here on out is just icing on the cake.  I will say this, this team just plays with heart and if they lose, it won't be from lack of effort.  I know Bo couldn't be any prouder of a team he has had, including state title winners, than this one.

LJ06

Warren Lumberjacks

2015 Record:  9-1 (7-0)
Home:  5-0
Away:  3-1
Neutral:  1-0
Opponents Record:  64-43 (.598 Win %)
Conference:  8-4A
Seed:  1st
Playoff Record:  36-18
2014 Playoff Results:  5-0 (State Champions)
Points Scored:  473 (47.3 PPG)
Points Allowed:  283 (28.3 PPG)

Schedule

Smackover (@ UAPB) - W 59-30
Stuttgart - W 55-27
@ Pulaski Academy - L 71-40
Crossett - W 62-36
@ Star City - W 35-23
@ Dumas - W 63-34
DeWitt - W 40-6
Monticello - W 28-21
@ Hamburg - W 35-7
Dollarway - W 56-28

Pottsville Apaches

2015 Record:  8-3 (5-2)
Home:  4-1
Away:  4-2
Opponents Record:  63-55 (.533 Win %)
Conference:  4-4A
Seed:  4th
Playoff Record:  6-6
2014 Playoff Results:  0-1 (First Round Loss)
Points Scored:  313 (28.4 PPG)
Points Allowed:  218 (19.8 PPG)

Schedule

Gravette - W 34-27
@ Morrilton - L 27-12
Russellville - W 32-24
@ Dardanelle - L 36-14
@ Baptist Prep - W 35-14
Ozark - W 39-7
Dover - L 29-14
@ Subiaco Academy - W 49-7
@ Pulaski Robinson - W 28-27
Clinton - W 14-0
@ Highland - W 42-20

Romeo

90-15 record at home since 2000 with six of those losses coming during the playoffs. We need to have a 3-0 mentality.

AirWarren

It begins in 4 days. It's time the jacks get it done again.

Superjack45

Quote from: AirWarren on November 16, 2015, 07:09:04 am
It begins in 4 days. It's time the jacks get it done again.
Yeah we can get it done but we don't need any ring rust that's for sure kids been doing a lot of conditioning to get in gear so hopefully it works out.

Gray lizard

Go Pottsville.  Never count the Apaches out.  Good coaching, size, and fair speed.  I like their chance for the upset. Keep the big #44 moving down hill.

AirWarren

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas