• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who are the best players in the 1-4a this year?

Started by Lionclub67, November 05, 2015, 07:15:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lionclub67

prHOG13

Now that I've seen everyone play, here are my picks:

-Shiloh- LB/RB Broc Berus
-Gravette- RB/MLB Jackson Soule'
-Lincoln- not really sure, but they've got a WR that is in 7th grade that plays up and dominates for their Jr high team as well. not looking forward to playing him in HS.
-Gentry- CJ Taylor was really, really good against us, and the Faulkenberry brothers are pretty solid players as well.
-Prairie Grove- RB Blake Faulk, QB Sam Dodd, TE Dylan Soehner. Soehner has D1 offers, but a 10 year old attitude and inconsistent effort. Dodd balled out against PR and I was really impressed with him and Heltemes.
-Berryville- not a lot of talent on that team. No one really stood out at all.
-Huntsville- probably Lemus or Roddy. Not much talent either.
-Pea Ridge- Tough to pick one, no superstar type player but a lot of balance. Several two way players get a bump for me over guys that just play on offense/defense. RB Zaine Holley, RB/CB Drew Winn, WR Hayden Holtgrewe, QB Jakota Sainsbury, OT Brent Ferguson, TE/S Britton Caudle, LB Bradley Beavers are the key guys.

WPWells

Oh so Pea Ridge has the best team this year. No bias in that post, I'm sure

prHOG13

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 06, 2015, 07:54:05 am
Oh so Pea Ridge has the best team this year. No bias in that post, I'm sure
not at all. If you'd read it I said we really didn't have a superstar player and several players that could be considered our key guys. I just listed a few.

Patriot12

Not on the best team but CJ taylor for Gentry could play for anyone in the state.  Will exceed 1000 yards in only 8 games. Big strong kid with 4.6 speed.

Lionclub67

RB Blake Faulk from PG tore us apart. And number 52 I believe Dakota was his name was a beast on defense.

$aintMaximu$

Patriot12

Octobersky

Lincoln has a 9th grader than looked to be one of their best players.  LB and RB I think.
Shiloh has a good D-lineman, #11? and I liked their LBs too.
Huntsville has some hard hitters, but I can't recall the numbers
Faulk is the best for PG, IMO, perhaps the conference.  Really hard runner

Lionclub67

#22 from gravette
#20 from PG
#6 from PG
#12 from Shiloh

Toss up between them.. If you ask me

Lionclub67

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on November 06, 2015, 01:07:57 pm
Anybody have stats on Faulk?
I called my friend miles from PG and he said Faulk is 98 carries 1000 yards and 20 tds

But their QB Sam Dodd is also passed for over 1000 and 20 tds

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: Lionclub67 on November 10, 2015, 06:07:26 pm
I called my friend miles from PG and he said Faulk is 98 carries 1000 yards and 20 tds

But their QB Sam Dodd is also passed for over 1000 and 20 tds

I bet he got a lot of those yards on Shiloh....  If they play like that in the playoffs they will be hard to stop...

Underdog88

Can somone do a forum like this for a good conference? 😂 who are the best players in 8-4A or 7-4A. Even 4-4A

Tigerdad2

Anyone have stats on Soehner ?
I'm thinking Disney is the leading Receiver

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: Tigerdad2 on November 10, 2015, 06:28:35 pm

Do you guys always play Soehner on the d-line?  Against us I thought he did great, we had to hold him or just hang on and hope for the best.... 

Tigerdad2

No not all the time , but that's probably his best position on the football field

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: Tigerdad2 on November 11, 2015, 07:58:05 am
No not all the time , but that's probably his best position on the football field

Yes, he did great on the d-line... He also had a TD catch and a 2 point conversion catch...  From all the PG games I have watched I thought he was best utilized against us..

Stealthfan

Agree with LionClub67.  Jackson Soule' from Gravette does it all and does it well.  Could be the most under rated and under publicized player in 4A. Not trying to take anything away from the PG skilled players but that OL hits hard and makes them successful. P Ridge is just simply balanced and well-coached.  Berus is well-coached with the size and athleticism.   

Coachwise

Quote from: prHOG13 on November 05, 2015, 11:38:48 pm

-Prairie Grove- RB Blake Faulk, QB Sam Dodd, TE Dylan Soehner. Soehner has D1 offers, but a 10 year old attitude and inconsistent effort. Dodd balled out against PR and I was really impressed with him and Heltemes.

Well at least we can confirm who the most ignorant person in the 1-4a is (prHog13). The big guy has one off night and he's trash, really? Attacking a high school player sounds like a 10 year old attitude to me but I guess everyone is entitled to an opinion even if it's ignorant.

prHOG13

Quote from: Coachwise on November 15, 2015, 10:30:23 pm

Well at least we can confirm who the most ignorant person in the 1-4a is (prHog13). The big guy has one off night and he's trash, really? Attacking a high school player sounds like a 10 year old attitude to me but I guess everyone is entitled to an opinion even if it's ignorant.
when did I attack anyone or call him trash? He's got D1 offers, so obviously the potential is there. I posted about my multiple observations of watching him play the last couple years. Anyone that has watched him play notices his attitude and how he mentally checks out of games at times. He does the same thing on the basketball court.

You can take what I posted however you want, I really don't care. Soehner has a boatload of potential, and I'll be rooting of him at the next level.

beach bum

Congrats to starting fearless with a splash on your first post.... welcome to the club.

Blazer51

-Prairie Grove- RB Blake Faulk, QB Sam Dodd, TE Dylan Soehner. Soehner has D1 offers, but a 10 year old attitude and inconsistent :'( :'( effort. Dodd balled out against PR and I was really impressed with him and Heltemes.

I will happily give you your first slap.

beach bum

Quote from: Blazer51 on November 15, 2015, 10:57:34 pm

-Prairie Grove- RB Blake Faulk, QB Sam Dodd, TE Dylan Soehner. Soehner has D1 offers, but a 10 year old attitude and inconsistent :'( :'( effort. Dodd balled out against PR and I was really impressed with him and Heltemes.

I will happily give you your first slap.

Lol

Nip/Tusk

I posted earlier that it was ridiculous for him to go after a high schooler like that. (It got deleted).

The truly upset is strong in pea ridge over him.

The crowd is all over him every game. Does he have to learn how to deal with it? Absolutely. But to go after his character crossed the line.

prHOG13

November 16, 2015, 08:30:10 am #24 Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 08:40:55 am by prHOG13
Good lord  ::)

Coachwise

I agree. I am not saying there is no room for maturing I am simply stating that what have high school sports came to to where we spend our time attacking KIDS character based on a game. I think it would be hard for anyone to argue that soehner gets more heat than any kid in that conference and most of it is undeserved. He's a great kid. I don't understand why these small towns want to attack the only kid that has a chance to represent their conference at a D1 level. When you get outside of this conference kids generally have nothing but good things to say about Soehner. But then again they see D1 talent all the time and have no reason to respond with jealousy. I'm just saying at the end of the day kids play because they want to have fun and be apart of a team let's not rob that joy from them by being ignorant.

Ole Legend

Quote from: Josh Louin on November 16, 2015, 06:34:56 am
I posted earlier that it was ridiculous for him to go after a high schooler like that. (It got deleted).

The crowd is all over him every game. Does he have to learn how to deal with it? Absolutely. But to go after his character crossed the line.

1. The kid clearly has an attitude problem that will cost him a scholarship if it doesn't change. I remember last year in a basketball game he turned around and started trash talking the opposing student section. All the heat he gets about his attitude is deserved.

2. He isn't the only kid in the conference that is D1 talent. That was a very ignorant statement.

prHOG13

All I pointed out was his attitude on the field/court. It doesn't seem like any of you are disputing that, but I'm in the wrong for mentioning one little blurb about it? It's constructive criticism. They aren't 6 year olds

Coachwise

Quote from: Ole Legend on November 16, 2015, 09:39:05 am

1. The kid clearly has an attitude problem that will cost him a scholarship if it doesn't change. I remember last year in a basketball game he turned around and started trash talking the opposing student section. All the heat he gets about his attitude is deserved.

2. He isn't the only kid in the conference that is D1 talent. That was a very ignorant statement.

I was not saying he's the only talented kid in the conference I was saying he is th only kid in that conference with division 1 offers. That is a fact not an opinion sir.

livingwithcause

Quote from: Tigerdad2 on November 10, 2015, 06:28:35 pm

Soehner has roughly 400 yards on the year receiving (6 TDs).  We got off on his stats a little when we did a throwback jersey night and numbers got all switched up.
Disney has about 550 yards receiving and 9 TDs.
Heltemes has about 330 yards and 5 TDs.

The thing is though Disney has over 1000 yards in all purpose yards with his KO, PR and a some rushing (5 TDs on Special teams).

Nip/Tusk

So the students bad mouthing him with horrible things get a pass.

Got it. Grow up.

Sportmom

Quote from: Ole Legend on November 16, 2015, 09:39:05 am

Been a long time follower of this blog, but it's  the first time I've felt compelled to sign up so I can respond to some of the ridiculous accusations made toward a HS kid.  The kid, which I'm sure none of you know personally, is not only a kid that excels in sports, but also in school.  What some of you may see as an "attitude" problem, I see as passion. He likes to win, likes his team to do win & gets excited when he sees it happening.

The post earlier (Josh Louin, I believe) made about the crowd being all over him at every game is true.  He's a big kid, with a lot of talent, and a giant bulls eye on his back for the "haters".  I happened to be at the basketball game last year when he (and another player) responded to the opposing student section, who had been chanting and calling names during  most of the game......until a school admin. came and sat with the student section to ensure it came to a stop.

My understanding is that this is a forum to keep up teams/scores/stats/etc, not a place where adults can "trash talk" student athletes anonymously.  Pretty disappointing.

Nip/Tusk

I did notice the pea ridge student section was rather quiet during the football game this year. Wonder why?

I hope the fine people of pea ridge hold their own students to the same standard they expect from other players from other teams. I'm sure they will be very classy during the basketball visit.

$aintMaximu$

I guess I missed it but when we played I didn't hear anybody say anything directed towards him or any kid for that matter...  He played hard on both sides of the ball and nothing cheap...  He has size (captain obvious) and pretty good speed and hands...  Must be a basketball thing...

prHOG13

Pretty sensitive group here. No one is talking trash. My initial post complimented his ability, but mentioned his on field demeanor. It's an objective observation that everyone else has seen. Take it how you want, I really don't care.

Like I said, I wish nothing but the best for the kid and will be rooting for him at the next level.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: prHOG13 on November 16, 2015, 03:31:53 pm
Pretty sensitive group here. No one is talking trash. My initial post complimented his ability, but mentioned his on field demeanor. It's an objective observation that everyone else has seen. Take it how you want, I really don't care.

Like I said, I wish nothing but the best for the kid and will be rooting for him at the next level.

I am just saying nothing stood out when they played us and he was on the field for most of the game...  Things are much harder to hide on the Bball court...  I haven't been to a basketball game in years...

Nip/Tusk

"TE Dylan Soehner. Soehner has D1 offers, but a 10 year old attitude and inconsistent effort."

^^^^^

So that's complimentary?

prHOG13

Quote from: Josh Louin on November 16, 2015, 03:37:52 pm
"TE Dylan Soehner. Soehner has D1 offers, but a 10 year old attitude and inconsistent effort."

^^^^^

So that's complimentary?
I also posted this, let me help you out sweetheart
"when did I attack anyone or call him trash? He's got D1 offers, so obviously the potential is there. I posted about my multiple observations of watching him play the last couple years. Anyone that has watched him play notices his attitude and how he mentally checks out of games at times. He does the same thing on the basketball court.

You can take what I posted however you want, I really don't care. Soehner has a boatload of potential, and I'll be rooting of him at the next level."

Nip/Tusk

And you also said "in your initial post"

I quoted from your initial post. Sweetheart.

prHOG13

Quote from: Josh Louin on November 16, 2015, 03:57:20 pm
And you also said "in your initial post"

I quoted from your initial post. Sweetheart.
Which is identifying him as one of the best players

$aintMaximu$

Nip/Tusk

I'm done before I get in trouble.

You're oriniginal post (meaning the first one on this topic) is there for everyone to see.

Calling out a high schooler for his attitude and effort is not in good taste. I believe most would agree with me.

prHOG13

I've received PM's from PG fans agreeing with what I've said

Sorry I'm not sorry

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: prHOG13 on November 16, 2015, 04:29:53 pm
I've received PM's from PG fans agreeing with what I've said

Sorry I'm not sorry

On a side note I hear the Hamburger's are pretty good in Pea Ridge on Friday night... Is this true?

Nip/Tusk

November 16, 2015, 04:35:03 pm #44 Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 04:37:53 pm by Josh Louin
Key difference - pm, as in private.

You called out a high schooler over it on a public forum.  Congrats big guy.

Still am surprised it was allowed tbh.

And I'm not even arguing whether or not the kid has to grow up. That's not the issue. My beef is that you blatantly went after his attitude and effort here.

prHOG13

Prob bc there's nothing wrong with what was said

beach bum

November 16, 2015, 08:27:41 pm #46 Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 08:29:46 pm by beach bum
Disney is the most valuable weapon in PG's offense and you can call me crazy all you want for that statement.... when PG has a WR who stretches the field don't you notice those are the years they tend to go far in the playoffs. He is back next year too. He isn't the biggest or most athletic kid and won't be getting DI offers but he is what separates PG from being one dimensional. Plus, he plays special teams and defense at a high level. PG will always run the ball well enough to field a team in the top half of the 1-4A but when they do damage at a state level taking the top off of opposing defenses is the reason.

Hitman$$

beach bum

November 16, 2015, 08:56:45 pm #48 Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 09:05:03 pm by beach bum
Quote from: Hitman$$ on November 16, 2015, 08:53:14 pm
"Attitude reflects leadership, Captain."

I totally agree.... and a leader is the first person there and the last person to leave.....

Lionclub67

Quote from: beach bum on November 16, 2015, 08:27:41 pm
Disney is the most valuable weapon in PG's offense and you can call me crazy all you want for that statement.... when PG has a WR who stretches the field don't you notice those are the years they tend to go far in the playoffs. He is back next year too. He isn't the biggest or most athletic kid and won't be getting DI offers but he is what separates PG from being one dimensional. Plus, he plays special teams and defense at a high level. PG will always run the ball well enough to field a team in the top half of the 1-4A but when they do damage at a state level taking the top off of opposing defenses is the reason.

Disney is a very talented player but I wouldn't get to ahead of yourself saying he is the best player on PG.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas