• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Congratulations to 6A State Champion El Dorado

Started by Lanny, December 05, 2009, 06:44:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanny

thebigshot

As a former El Dorado player, this was a long time coming. I had the chance to play for the 2001 state championship. Its a blast being out there on the field, and watching today's game it was something I will remember for a long time. I know lot of people don't give El Dorado much credit but they earned a lot of respect today throughout the state.

gatecrasher

MAN......I tell you what....I never got a chance to play for a state title, but I've remained close to the program. I've seen us get so close....

But I had to take off down to the front row , right at the 50 yard line in the last minute of the game.....watching those kids and coaches celebrate who have worked so hard to get here, and to see the SEA OF PURPLE that came in droves today.....it was awesome!!!!!! 

That last minute, and then seeing the offense in the Victory formation, is something I'll not soon forget......

billie ray

Congrats go out to the Eldorado Wildcats and btw that svengali guy is not from Monticello and doesn't represent our views...noone from here is trying to steal you well earned glory

gatecrasher

Much appreciated.....but nobody can take that from us.....ever!

thebigshot

John Ralston went out with a bang calling his last game, he will be greatly missed by the wildcat family. I wonder who's going to take over?

gatecrasher

outlaw5

Quite Frankly

gatecrasher

Baitshop

That was easier than I thought it would be.....

gatecrasher

....she would catch nine kinds of Hades if she didn't....;D

Baitshop

You know that she would not have let you off that easily, don't you..??..??

mulelady

Sorry I haven't kept up with high school football very well this year.  What grade is El Dorado Wildcat Mahone?  Does he have any offers to play at DI or DII? 

I read the article in the Demo-zette and was impressed, even taking into consideration my understanding that the press skews things.  With his skills and his 4.0, he could really help out a certain DIII school I know.  Especially if he wants to be a doctor or lawyer eventually.  The school has extremely high acceptance rates.

gatecrasher

Mahone is a junior....he will be the only returning starting LB next year....

zebradynasty

Well, it's taken until Monday for reality to set in! El Dorado...are the 6A State Champs congratualtions. I hope our kids don't dwell on the "what if" and "what could have been" like I done all weekend. A healthy Kelsy Collins and a game plan other than running Claude 40 times...who knows but I think the outcome may have been different.

On the positive the Z's are back! I was proud of how well our kids handled the lost. I've been to those games where kids are falling all over the ground, throwing helments...just really throwing fits after a defeat. Our kids remained disciplined. We now have a system no more kids academically ineligible, shirt and tie on game days, you have to earn a spot on the travel team, hard work in the offseason. It might take a few years but preliminary plans are in the works for turf! All these things have already started to payoff. Numbers are up, the Junior high program is being held more accountable for getting kids ready for Senior High. If the 9th graders that finished 18-1 the last 2 years stay together and put in work...they'll be far more athletic than this years team. Next year we'll only return 4-5 starters on each side of the ball. The OL which improved so much this year returns nearly intact so that is a good place to start on what should be a running team.

Sooner than later PB will get to hold that trophy above our heads like El Dorado. Enjoy it you earned but it's temporary!   ;)

zebrafan

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 07, 2009, 09:51:02 am
Well, it's taken until Monday for reality to set in! El Dorado...are the 6A State Champs congratualtions. I hope our kids don't dwell on the "what if" and "what could have been" like I done all weekend. A healthy Kelsy Collins and a game plan other than running Claude 40 times...who knows but I think the outcome may have been different.

On the positive the Z's are back! I was proud of how well our kids handled the lost. I've been to those games where kids are falling all over the ground, throwing helments...just really throwing fits after a defeat. Our kids remained disciplined. We now have a system no more kids academically ineligible, shirt and tie on game days, you have to earn a spot on the travel team, hard work in the offseason. It might take a few years but preliminary plans are in the works for turf! All these things have already started to payoff. Numbers are up, the Junior high program is being held more accountable for getting kids ready for Senior High. If the 9th graders that finished 18-1 the last 2 years stay together and put in work...they'll be far more athletic than this years team. Next year we'll only return 4-5 starters on each side of the ball. The OL which improved so much this year returns nearly intact so that is a good place to start on what should be a running team.

Sooner than later PB will get to hold that trophy above our heads like El Dorado. Enjoy it you earned but it's temporary!   ;)
Turf?? That would be great :)

thebigshot

I'm ready for next season already.. El Dorado is going be playing Scooter Register next season !!!!

zebrafan

Quote from: thebigshot on December 07, 2009, 12:42:09 pm
I'm ready for next season already.. El Dorado is going be playing Scooter Register next season !!!!
Good! How does yall's NC look like for next season??

Quite Frankly

El Dorado is going be playing Scooter Register next season !!!!
Are you sure he'll start? ;)

ricepig

Doesn't sound like the Webels or B'ville Tiggers, almost like a step down in scheduling from NLR.

gatecrasher

Southside didn't have an opening...and Bentonville wants to play Rockhurst out of KC....

They tried....

Magnolia is still up in the air, so we may still get another marquee opponent....

xtremewildcat

December 08, 2009, 09:10:12 am #22 Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 10:54:39 am by xtremewildcat
Quote from: gatecrasherfan on December 07, 2009, 05:53:12 pm
Southside didn't have an opening...and Bentonville wants to play Rockhurst out of KC....

They tried....

Magnolia is still up in the air, so we may still get another marquee opponent....

I'm cool with "playing Scooter". I really want to play Rustin, West Monroe, or Ouchita Parish(who my son's team lost 37-10 to), instead of Magnolia.

79Cat

Looks like it will be Fairview, Catholic, and Evangel out of Shreveport for NC games.

xtremewildcat

Quote from: 79Cat on December 08, 2009, 11:42:03 am
Looks like it will be Fairview, Catholic, and Evangel out of Shreveport for NC games.

Evangel? Are you sure?

ricepig

Better win the Evangel game, I'd hate to have all the USC posters up here.

xtremewildcat

Quote from: ricepig on December 08, 2009, 12:25:10 pm
Better win the Evangel game, I'd hate to have all the USC posters up here.

Well, if they beat EC and we lose to EC in the same year, they can make that claim. Means nothing, but they can make that claim. If I were a SC fan, I would make sure they beat the 5a schools on my schedule before I start making claims of state domination.
We beat NLR this year. Gives us a few meaningless bragging points. If NLR had won state or we had beat Har Ber, then a fan could brag about that.
Me, being a student of the game of football, realizes that just because we pulled an upset against NLR, doesn't mean we could make it to the quarter finals of the 7a. Depth is a mo-fo. If you have "quality depth", you can survive in a deep playoff run. Those bigger school have too much "quality depth". That's not a negative against the 6a teams. It's just simply saying those teams have more players. I was floored when the Har Ber coach said they have had up to 150 players out every since they had a team. That is phenomenal. ED only has up to 80 players out. My sons team, that was in the last team in the old 5A, had 79 players.

Jesusfreak

All this 150 players on the roster stuff us way overrated. It just means you have a ton of 5th string bench warmers to inflate numbers. I remember teams at El Dorado that had over 100 players in the 90s. I remember LR Central destroying everyone in 2003-2004 with only around 35-40 players on the travelling squad. Remember, some teams are a lot easier to make a roster spot, while other coaches require a lot more work just to make the team, and are not worried about a gaudy roster number. I remember Rogers would have tons of kids on the roster for years and never did anything except 2006. I remember big teams like Tyler Lee from Texas coming down and El Do having a lot more players on the sidelines; it is meaningless.

Locutus

You misunderstood what he said. The 150 players he is talking about was this year, and that includes about 65 sophomores. In 2007 when they won 10 games they only had 17 seniors, in 2008 and 10 wins, they had around 24 seniors, and this year with 12 wins, they had around 36 seniors. Their numbers will be strong for the upcoming years.

Locutus

JF is right, numbers just mean you have more to pull from, but you still have to have quality players on the field. You could have 200 in the ranks, but if they are not any good, it doesn't matter.

ricepig

Quote from: Locutus on December 08, 2009, 05:25:08 pm
JF is right, numbers just mean you have more to pull from, but you still have to have quality players on the field. You could have 200 in the ranks, but if they are not any good, it doesn't matter.

Yes, but the odds are better choosing from 150-200 that you will find your 22, after that, it's up to the coaches to mold them.

gatecrasher

xtremewildcat

Quote from: Jesusfreak on December 08, 2009, 05:20:08 pm
All this 150 players on the roster stuff us way overrated. It just means you have a ton of 5th string bench warmers to inflate numbers. I remember teams at El Dorado that had over 100 players in the 90s. I remember LR Central destroying everyone in 2003-2004 with only around 35-40 players on the travelling squad. Remember, some teams are a lot easier to make a roster spot, while other coaches require a lot more work just to make the team, and are not worried about a gaudy roster number. I remember Rogers would have tons of kids on the roster for years and never did anything except 2006. I remember big teams like Tyler Lee from Texas coming down and El Do having a lot more players on the sidelines; it is meaningless.

LOL, that LRC team was 45 MONSTERS, FREAKIN MONSTERS. When they came to play us in the playoffs in 2004, I was floored at how big and athletic ALL of them were.

Lions84

gatecrasher

Our boys got their 6A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP rings tonight....

I wanted to drive down and see the ceremony but I was unable to make it due to prior commitment.

NOW....off-season is going extremely well....only one way to go into the upcoming season.....

HOW BOUT BACK TO BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thebigshot

anybody has a picture of the state championship rings? I saw a picture of Junction City's i was wondering if they were about the same or little different.

xtremewildcat

Quote from: thebigshot on March 05, 2010, 09:54:32 pm
anybody has a picture of the state championship rings? I saw a picture of Junction City's i was wondering if they were about the same or little different.

I have seen both. They look differant. Both are real nice.

westmem

hello everbody jus dropin by to tell yall boys yall still sucks in my book paperchampion for life..... hey gatecrasher

gatecrasher

Paperchampion? Please tell me you're just suffering from offseasonitis.....

It's gonna happen again this year bud.....;D

gatecrasher

Don't bet against me....I told yall a YEAR in advance it would happen.

Now we have an even better team returning.

Put it in the bank.....

Billyo62

Quote from: gatecrasher on March 09, 2010, 06:59:30 pm
Don't bet against me....I told yall a YEAR in advance it would happen.

Now we have an even better team returning.

Put it in the bank.....

Doesn't mean you will repeat!

westmem

gatecrasher

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas