• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

State title game: El Dorado and Pine Bluff II

Started by allstate250, November 27, 2009, 10:21:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

79Cat

I really hope for a well-played, well-officiated, injury-free
game. I really hope my sideline equipment works. It didn't
last time at WMS. I love PB's speed. I love EHS more though.
Win #601 in program history is my hope for Saturday.
PBH 28
EHS 35

zebradynasty

Quote from: 79Cat on December 02, 2009, 11:49:38 am
I really hope for a well-played, well-officiated, injury-free
game. I really hope my sideline equipment works. It didn't
last time at WMS. I love PB's speed. I love EHS more though.
Win #601 in program history is my hope for Saturday.
PBH 28
EHS 35

600 is a nice even number for yall to start 2010 on! Had we not wasted away 4 or 5 years we be closing in on 750 or more!

bigeldofan

outlaw5

gatecrasher

#601 will be historic for this Wildcat team. To get it though, El Dorado has to play smart, disciplined football.

The better team will be wearing all purple Saturday. Pine Bluff is a great team, and I eat crow for saying they would not get to this point. They have a slew of playmakers on the offensive side of the football.

But El Dorado's defense will win it for them, just like they have done all year long. The front 7 will be key. Pass rush from the d-linemen is paramount.

This will be a game for the ages. Look for both teams to leave it all on the War Memorial Stadium turf....

It's been 51 years since the Wildcats have won it all, when the legendary Garland Gregory led the 1958 team to the promised land.  They have come close twice this decade.

It's time......

El Dorado  31-28

cuz

Quote from: gatecrasherfan on December 02, 2009, 06:02:42 pm<br />#601 will be historic for this Wildcat team. To get it though, El Dorado has to play smart, disciplined football.<br /><br />The better team will be wearing all purple Saturday. Pine Bluff is a great team, and I eat crow for saying they would not get to this point. They have a slew of playmakers on the offensive side of the football.<br /><br />But El Dorado's defense will win it for them, just like they have done all year long. The front 7 will be key. Pass rush from the d-linemen is paramount. <br /><br />This will be a game for the ages. Look for both teams to leave it all on the War Memorial Stadium turf....<br /><br />It's been 51 years since the Wildcats have won it all, when the legendary Garland Gregory led the 1958 team to the promised land.  They have come close twice this decade. <br /><br />It's time......<br /><br />El Dorado  31-28<br />
It has been a long long time since El Dorado has won it all. They have come close a few times but just can't seem to pull it out. My neighbor played on that team in 1958 and is 70 yrs old and still follows them faithfully. Good Luck Wildcats, go get them.... 8)

gatecrasher

Yep....it's official. Pine Bluff posters are dull and boring......;D

There were Lake Hamilton smack-talkers coming out from under bridges and dumpsters last year....

zebrafan

Quote from: gatecrasherfan on December 03, 2009, 10:11:35 pm
Yep....it's official. Pine Bluff posters are dull and boring......;D

There were Lake Hamilton smack-talkers coming out from under bridges and dumpsters last year....

There's only like 5 zebra posters haha

gatecrasher

I guess you're right...lol.

Man it's been a long week....I'm ready.  Gonna be cold Saturday morning tailgating....supposed to be 22 here in Hot Springs....

I guess there really ain't that much more to discuss is there? The kids will be the ones to decide all this....

Should be an instant classic IMO...

bigeldofan

gatecrasher

Dude....I'm stoked!

We're gonna take this one bigeldo!

Scorpiux

The time is near. I hope yall are ready!!! I expect this game to be just as smash-mouthed and thrilling as the first!!

AHS06

allstate250

Quote from: Scorpiux on December 04, 2009, 09:10:33 am
The time is near. I hope yall are ready!!! I expect this game to be just as smash-mouthed and thrilling as the first!!

I expect the same.  We're playing ball in less than 24 hrs, that means prediction time!!  Will not be a blowout, this will be a one score game going either way, and I expect it to be decided in the last two minutes.  Going with the POWER CATS by 4.  Everybody be safe travelling, and I'll see you at the game.  I'll be the one making all the noise!!  ;D

bleudog

Link for anybody who would like to keep up with live stats during the game.

http://fac.hsu.edu/mitchet/livestats/aaa/6a/xlive.htm

If this had been posted earlier, I apologize for the duplicate post.

closetzebra

I hope the Z's get their zzz's tonight- tomorrow is going to be an exciting day!  Will any of us Z's or wildcats will be able to sleep tonight! I'm pumped! 

gatecrasher

I'm gettin up early to meet friends to tailgate.....

Low tonight in Hot Springs....17 according to the dude on the radio.....

Gonna be chilly....;D

And watch Animal Planet. Them big cats eat zebras....;D

Throwback

gatecrasher

gatecrasher

It's HERE! Finally!!!!!

Spring practice, all the weightlifting, the two-a-days, the blood, sweat and tears.....all of that brings us to this....THIS is why kids play high school football.....to get to War Memorial Stadium.

One team will reach the summit.....the other will fall just short.

This is what it's all about folks.....

Here's hoping for a great ballgame, and that nobody gets hurt.

Scorpiux

The Following game has been rated R

For the hard hits, "smash-mouthed" defenses and "in your face" offenses your gonna see today. You might even hear just a lil cussing as well! But you are strongly advised to bring the kids anyway!!!

Good luck to both teams!!! It's Showtime!!!

Scorpiux

Latest lines: 

AP: Zebras by 2.
Hootens: Zebras by 2.
Rich Sanders: Zebras by 4.

bigeldofan

i love it when they pick against eldo that is nothing new to us.

gatecrasher

Them folks have no idea....

I called in to DTS last night and told Barry Groomes that we're undefeated this year when he picks against us....and I highly encouraged him to keep doing it.....and as Scorpiux just posted he has the Zs by a deuce.....

We're gonna kick some Zebrass today!!!!!!

GO CATS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

allstate250

Gate, warm up the oven.  We serving out some bird in just over one minute!!!

wildcats

Texarkana_Piggie

urban legend

Gotta give em credit. A game of missed opportunities and turnovers and ED capitalized when it had to. Great game for both teams. Johnson definitely left it all out on the field for PB.

allstate250

Ladies and gents, your state champs:  El Dorado Wildcats!!!!
It was a heck of a game!!  Hats off to the zebras for a great game and a great display of sportsmanship.  Well played!!

Now, there's several folks on this board that I hope aren't still full from thanksgiving.  Come and get it!!!  ;D

Razorback121

Congratulations, El Dorado.
I said that someone would beat you after you beat us, but your kids played some great football.  ;)

True Believer

LOL...congrats to El Do.   I know gate is extremely happy right now!!!

allstate250

You know it, TB!!!  You should have seen us all going ape in the stands!!  Lol

fastdrop

Congrates....

Even if it did not mean anything by winning the 6A state championship......

Yes I was teasing.....WELL DONE ELDO.

gatecrasher

BOOOOOOOYYYYYAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First of all.....congratulations to Pine Bluff on a great season....9-5 after a 2-4 start isn't anything to sneer at.

I said our defense would win it for us and ultimately a pick six in the first quarter by MVP Cameron Mahone was the differencr in the game.

Our defense settled down in the 2nd half and pitched a shutout. We got pressure on CJ, and I thought that would be a big key coming in......

Absolut

El Dorado's defense and big plays was the key in this game. Congrats El Dorado.

Yall really won the championship last week.

gatecrasher

79Cat

I hope it doesn't take 50 more years to win another one. I'll be a REALLY old Wildcat !!! Way to go State Champs!

gatecrasher

bigeldofan

yep and it starts with win #602 against camden fairview. hey gate lets start a beat camden thread. dang i hate that football season is over.

gatecrasher

Yeah....after we gloat for a bit what do we do then?

Eldog81

Congrats to PB on a well plyed game they just had no depth and were gasping for air at the beginning of the fourth qtr.Now Congrats to my CATS its been a long time coming i toiled on those teams in 79-81 that consistently lost to teams like Central,Northside, and PB led by Danny Bradley and Calvin Shaw but now i feel like I can claim a part of this championship because once a Wildcat always a Wildcat. Now lets build on this and make this a dynasty starting Monday morning its my understanding that they will start meeting about getting Turf at Memorial stadium. While we are at it a new scoreboard. Go Cats repeat!!!!

allstate250

gatecrasher

I told several standing outside WMS after the game that we can do this again in 2010....and that as long as Scott Reed is our coach we will be contenders.....

Eldog81

Quote from: gatecrasherfan on December 05, 2009, 08:23:13 pm
I told several standing outside WMS after the game that we can do this again in 2010....and that as long as Scott Reed is our coach we will be contenders.....
No doubt

EHS_catfan22

Today's win is huge. Congrats to my Alma Mater. THE 6A State Champion El Dorado Wildcats! I've heard from a reliable source that El Dorado will have a new scoreboard (which is long overdue) to start the season next year and there is a very good possibility of new artificial turf like WMS and Razorback Stadium. To Pine Bluff, Ya'll played a great game...you have absolutely nothing to hang your heads about. Pine Bluff had great sportsmanship.

gatecrasher

Claude Johnson....great player....even better kid from what I've been told....

He'll go far in life.....

allstate250

I agree ... I saw nothing but class from him on the field today.

Oh, gate, I just bumped another thread, with a refresher of a conversation from a couple weeks ago.  Thought you might get a chuckle out of it.  ;D

EHS_catfan22

Does anyone know the official attendance for the game today?

gatecrasher

I wanna know too....we came in droves today....we outnumbered PB's fans badly....

xtremewildcat

Dang good game. Beautiful day.

It looked like PB took the playbook from WC and decided to run the ball on us. And they did. The only problem with that is, Claude Johnson is a rhythm QB and therefor he was a bit off when they had to pass. That monster(#9) was wide open almost every play but Claude missed him on several occasions. Still, it was a very good game. I am very happy this morning.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas