• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

State title game: El Dorado and Pine Bluff II

Started by allstate250, November 27, 2009, 10:21:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

allstate250

I thought it would come down to this:  rematch of week 10.  Ed needs to show pb this time that we can play 4 quarters of football.  Payback is on our minds.  Predictions or thoughts?

MrsTayla

PB by 10. Anybody know what time this game will be?

allstate250

gatecrasher

This team will not be denied. Plain and simple. I said it back in the summer and I'm saying it again: If we made it back to WMS, we were not leaving without that trophy. Mark it down.......We're gonna win it.....

bigeldofan

we can stop frazier and johnson this time and we will.

Razorback121

Pine Bluff wins by 2 TDs.

El Dorado: "the new West Memphis!"  ;D

gatecrasher

Quote from: Razorback121 on November 27, 2009, 11:17:34 pm

UH....NOPE.
Hatin cause we kicked yall's butts, I see.....

wildcats

Go Wildcats bring home the Title!! Don't care who believes in you, believe in yourself and know what you all are capable of doing.  I truly believe that you all are a better coached team then Pine Bluff and that will pay off.  Hopefully El Dorado will bring the title back to El Dorado.  Go Wildcats!!!!!!!!

riccoar

November 28, 2009, 12:47:37 am #8 Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 12:50:15 am by riccoar
El Dorado (11-1)  vs.  Pine Bluff (9-4)
12/5/2009
War Memorial Stadium
12:00 p.m.

FeartheZebra

Quote from: bigeldofan on November 27, 2009, 10:54:30 pm
we can stop frazier and johnson this time and we will.

Why are people under the misconception that PB is all Johnson and Frazier?? There are several other play makers on this time... its just a matter of who steps up.

gatecrasher

I don't care if you go resurrect Basil Shabazz out of mothballs......our kids will not be denied.

While your kids are oohing and aahing at the atmosphere next week, our kids are gonna walk in with their briefcases and do business.....

If you think for one minute that playoff experience doesn't matter, well, go ahead and be in denial about that.

Can't wait to see yall's basketball game with the Wolves on film.....;D

FeartheZebra

Quote from: gatecrasherfan on November 28, 2009, 02:28:45 am
I don't care if you go resurrect Basil Shabazz out of mothballs......our kids will not be denied.

While your kids are oohing and aahing at the atmosphere next week, our kids are gonna walk in with their briefcases and do business.....

If you think for one minute that playoff experience doesn't matter, well, go ahead and be in denial about that.

Can't wait to see yall's basketball game with the Wolves on film.....;D

Its blasphemy for you to even bring up Basil Shabaaz. That dude would have single handily destroyed your team. Just keep running your mouth gate.... the more crow you eat the better.

gatecrasher

Look homie.....if we lose I'll eat crow. There isn't anyone here that hasn't...

However, even though it has been an impressive run that yall have made to get here (I'll admit being wrong; I said yall would not), all good things must come to an end.

A win next week not only validates EVERYTHING I've said we would do, it will also result in more crow-chomping than me or you could do combined.....a whole slew of haters that have rode my arss for 6 months gets to munch......

Good luck this week.....;D

zebrafan

Quote from: gatecrasherfan on November 28, 2009, 02:47:10 am

However, even though it has been an impressive run that yall have made to get here (I'll admit being wrong; I said yall would not), all good things must come to an end.

A win next week not only validates EVERYTHING I've said we would do, it will also result in more crow-chomping than me or you could do combined.....a whole slew of haters that have rode my arss for 6 months gets to munch......

PB did have two injuries, Kelsey Collins who left the game after hurting his ankle, and Hakeem Stewart don't know what happened to him.

xtremewildcat

Quote from: Razorback121 on November 27, 2009, 11:17:34 pm

How dare you say that! Your a savage, a beast, a monster. Not only that, your a cad!!!

closetzebra

No out-coaching will take place, "wildcats".  Apparently the PB coaches are doing something right to turn their team around from a not-so-great start to still playing in December.  Keep it up PB!

El Do will go home with a trophy..another runner-up 

xtremewildcat

Quote from: closetzebra on November 28, 2009, 09:01:36 am
No out-coaching will take place, "wildcats".  Apparently the PB coaches are doing something right to turn their team around from a not-so-great start to still playing in December.  Keep it up PB!

El Do will go home with a trophy..another runner-up 

Them guys didn't do anything. He.., it was Vic Mosbe who probably took all that money you guys were suppose to use for vaccinations and spent it. That's why y'all lost so many games at the first of the year. Also, y'all were supposed to be here, not us.

gatecrasher

Actually xtreme, we were. They hit it on the head. They were #1. we were #2....we both made it....except now, we're #1....and I don't know wat PB is ranked.....

closetzebra

November 28, 2009, 10:32:34 am #19 Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 10:35:33 am by closetzebra
This aint the BCS so it doesn't matter about rankings especially at this point.  The only thing that matters now is where you finish next Saturday.  And I didn't say that El Do couldn't coach, I just said PB won't get outcoached.  It will be a great game.  And extreme, what do u think pine bluff's team has done, just show up, unprepared without conditioning or a game plan and just happened to beat great teams in the 6a south this season?  Uh, I don't think so.

gatecrasher

I was merely making a point to xtreme......

I've seen Bolding make some unexplainable coaching moves this year.....did he make any last night?

And you are right....it should be a great game.

But don't expect to be spotted a 3 touchdown lead this time.....

xtremewildcat

Quote from: closetzebra on November 28, 2009, 10:32:34 am
This aint the BCS so it doesn't matter about rankings especially at this point.  The only thing that matters now is where you finish next Saturday.  And I didn't say that El Do couldn't coach, I just said PB won't get outcoached.  It will be a great game.  And extreme, what do u think pine bluff's team has done, just show up, unprepared without conditioning or a game plan and just happened to beat great teams in the 6a south this season?  Uh, I don't think so.

Just don't get too upset Saturday, when ED hands out basketballs to your guys.

allstate250

Everybody plays basketball in a week's time.  That analogy no longer applies.

The difference is, we'll be smiling when round ball starts.  ;D

zebradynasty

Not to mention I don't think any of PB football team plays for the basketball team!

zebrafan

Quote from: xtremewildcat on November 28, 2009, 10:58:18 am
Quote from: closetzebra on November 28, 2009, 10:32:34 am

Just don't get too upset Saturday, when ED hands out basketballs to your guys.
Are you from El Do? Why in the heck would your team not be here?

FeartheZebra

Quote from: zebrafan on November 28, 2009, 03:14:11 am
Quote from: gatecrasherfan on November 28, 2009, 02:47:10 am

PB did have two injuries, Kelsey Collins who left the game after hurting his ankle, and Hakeem Stewart don't know what happened to him.

Yea Kelsey left the game after a dirty horse collar tackle. Hakeem will be back next week. I'm sure Kelsey is out.

zebrafan

That's good that Hakeem is back, I guess Frazier will take Kelsey spot on defense?

urban legend

Had to laugh at the Shabazz and mothballs reference (good one Gate...Basil would've won it by himself by the way). But on a more realistic note, the game should be even better than the first one. I don't think PB will jump out to the big lead in this one, but at the same time, I don't think Bolding will be as conservative as he was in the second half when ED made its comeback. Expect both teams to be ready. Neither will be in awe of being in WMS, past playoff experiences will mean absolutely nothing and both will bring their A games. It'll come down to which defense will bow up and stop the other's offense at key moments and which team can limit turnovers. If it's a shootout, PB will walk away with its first title since '95. If it turns into a defensive struggle, give the edge to ED...but it'll be a great game nonetheless and one in which everybody at the start of the season expected to see at year's end.

zebrafan

Quote from: urban legend on November 28, 2009, 05:29:22 pm
Had to laugh at the Shabazz and mothballs reference (good one Gate...Basil would've won it by himself by the way). But on a more realistic note, the game should be even better than the first one. I don't think PB will jump out to the big lead in this one, but at the same time, I don't think Bolding will be as conservative as he was in the second half when ED made its comeback. Expect both teams to be ready. Neither will be in awe of being in WMS, past playoff experiences will mean absolutely nothing and both will bring their A games. It'll come down to which defense will bow up and stop the other's offense at key moments and which team can limit turnovers. If it's a shootout, PB will walk away with its first title since '95. If it turns into a defensive struggle, give the edge to ED...but it'll be a great game nonetheless and one in which everybody at the start of the season expected to see at year's end.
PBs defense showed some serious weakness hopefully those are fixed by Saturday.

gatecrasher

We would rather not engage in a shootout, but we've been in one earlier this year and came out on top.

Our power running game will be a huge key for us. We must own time of possession stat.

urban legend

Agreed. But I think ED can actually have some success in the air. PB's done a great job against the run lately. Its defensive line has been stout, especially last night at critical moments. But for ED, I'm not real sure if they can stop PB from moving the ball and scoring, though. But more ED chews up clock, the better its chances of winning.

gatecrasher

We've had success in the air all year long. There's no doubt that we can gash PB's secondary.

Our running game is what makes it click. If we establish the run early, it opens up all kinds of opportunities in play-action.

But another key for us: last night we got tremendous pressure on the quarterback.  I don't care how good a passer you are....if you are getting hounded you're not going to have a lot of success.....we need to put pressure on Claude Johnson with our down linemen. 

allstate250

Gate, that's why we beat them last year in such dominating fashion.  We kept pressure on Johnson the whole night, to where he couldn't accomplish anything.  We need to find a way to do that again.

The major difference between last year and our last meeting is the zebra o-line.  Their line is much stronger and seasoned than last year's, which is where we ran into the problem this year.  Johnson had time to throw and make things happen.  We need to take that away.

bigeldofan

agreed if our d-line comes prepared we will win

gatecrasher

OUSoonersOU

fastdrop

This is probably the worst championship game in the state.....Other than SHiloh and who ever they match up with.

gatecrasher

Why do you say that?

*this should be interesting....

fastdrop

well for one thing...you have already played each other. The other is that 6A has the easiest road to the state championship than any other conference by default of only 3 or 4 decent teams.

allstate250

Hmmm ... Seems to me the fact that we've already played each other and are doing so again just proves to me that 6a south is where it's at.  Add to that the fact that el do's noncon schedule included Camden and NLR, one of which is still playing football and the other was just eliminated Friday night in the semifinal, should prove beyond a reasonable doubt that we are in the top tier in the state.

And for the record, fd ... You're curse failed you Friday night.  ;D

fastdrop

I did not come watch the game and root for you....believe me...that is the ticket for disaster.

xtremewildcat

Quote from: fastdrop on November 29, 2009, 11:05:22 am
I did not come watch the game and root for you....believe me...that is the ticket for disaster.

Hey man, all of us wishes we had more teams. But Arkansas is kinda unique. We don't have many "big" high schools. What do you do? Have the old 5A where WC and CF have to compete with Bentonville and the Springdales. I have heard a bunch of CFV people say they wish they could be in the old 5A. But darn, that is just too unfair. CFV with way less than a 1000 student playing a bunch of teams with over 2000 students.

fastdrop

Quote from: xtremewildcat on November 29, 2009, 11:34:58 am

Hey man, all of us wishes we had more teams. But Arkansas is kinda unique. We don't have many "big" high schools. What do you do? Have the old 5A where WC and CF have to compete with Bentonville and the Springdales. I have heard a bunch of CFV people say they wish they could be in the old 5A. But darn, that is just too unfair. CFV with way less than a 1000 student playing a bunch of teams with over 2000 students.
Your right and I agree 100% but it still does not take away how bad the conference is. I like Bugeaters conference suggestions....move some up to 7A and move the rest down to 5A.

fastdrop

November 29, 2009, 12:01:11 pm #43 Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 12:06:52 pm by fastdrop
I will say this....

WM would of worn the 2009 6A state championship ring proudly. Good luck to both teams.

fastdrop

It kinda does make it less significant...but yes you are playing the only hand dealt to you.

gatecrasher

no....it isn't.

We're playing for the Arkansas Class 6A title....

We didn't make this arrangement.

Our kids know that too. You think we're gonna temper our celebration when we win just because the AAA is a bunch of idiots?

NO!

A championship is what it is.

ricepig

I bet some Zebra fans would gladly provide you with a ticket and supper after the game if you would attend. heck, some of us others would probably chip in just to see Gate's response.

gatecrasher

I'm gonna eat crow, say congrats and go about my business ricepig....that's what I'm gonna do....

I win some, I lose some.....

It's a game bro....

gatecrasher

....but we're gonna win....sorry to burst your bubble...;D

AHS06

Thats crazy saying the 6A is weak. The south is strong we cant help it the East doesnt hold up on their end. That being said the 06,07 tex team and last years lh team were the overall #1 teams in the state. Same can be said about the 7A central being weak compared to the west

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas