• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HEY westmem.....come on out of hiding and eat your CROW!

Started by gatecrasher, November 21, 2009, 02:48:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gatecrasher

You're awfully quiet after the latest WM* choke job.....

GET ON HERE SON!!!!

you would be calling me out if we had lost!

fastdrop

westmem

ok????????? i'm eatin it.....just hurtin right now let me heal for now, but let me tell all the 6asouth team yall still suck  ;D in my book.... :P but i'm goin to miss yall i heard we goin to the 7A to play with the big boys please pray for us because we need it .

xtremewildcat

Quote from: westmem on November 21, 2009, 04:16:48 pm
ok????????? i'm eatin it.....just hurtin right now let me heal for now, but let me tell all the 6asouth team yall still suck  ;D in my book.... :P but i'm goin to miss yall i heard we goin to the 7A to play with the big boys please pray for us because we need it .

OK, it's time to move on. Good luck next year in 7A WM. We will definitely be pulling for you jabronies next year.

gatecrasher

westmem....you're allright....

I'm gonna miss talkin smack with u....;)

westmem

hey gate you allright with me to  ;)but i'm still goin to talk heavy smack to you.. because its not over between you and me not at all >:(

gatecrasher

What have you got left to talk smack to me about?

I mean, really....

bigeldofan

Iknewthemwhen

I look forward to seeing WM in the 7A, where they belong.  I just hope they can fix the problems they have and give it a run there.  ONe thing about the 7A, they are not going to allow us to just run the football and win it.   I know Cabot is in the 7A but they haven't won it either.   With all the great athletes in WM, why can't we develop a QB, some receivers adn get the type of balance in the run/pass game that will make us a very scary team.

westmem

AMEN we need it .....we got the runners only need some receivers and a good QB that can throw and run...

Mr_Deb

Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on November 23, 2009, 03:34:58 am
I look forward to seeing WM in the 7A, where they belong.  I just hope they can fix the problems they have and give it a run there.  ONe thing about the 7A, they are not going to allow us to just run the football and win it.   I know Cabot is in the 7A but they haven't won it either.   With all the great athletes in WM, why can't we develop a QB, some receivers adn get the type of balance in the run/pass game that will make us a very scary team.

that's pretty much it. i think the leflore kid coming up from east could be a darn good passer and he's a runner too like claude johnson. i see a lot things and frankly i just think we're dreaming here, if anything was going to change it would of been this year starting with sorrell.    we have a coach on the sidelines that's played division 1 and had great success with the spread before joining us. if they don't trust him enough to run the spread, who will they, some hot shot assistant from the west? good golly, save the 9 yds and a cloud of dust for the country guys...

Iknewthemwhen

I quess I don't know the history of that assistant, who and what's the story?       I don't know that we need "the spread" but we need a balance that we certainly don't have, dispite it being suggested over and over.

fastdrop

I just read in the Paper where it was suggested that Johnson was the best QB in the state....I find that hard to believe. He was a strong kid that could run...but his passing abilities were ok. He was a very good athlete though and why not put the ball in your best athletes hand every time you are on offense....also noticed PB was short their best running back because of a broken collar bone.

Anyway....it is just a game and there will be more next year.

Mr_Deb

Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on November 23, 2009, 06:47:15 pm
I quess I don't know the history of that assistant, who and what's the story?       I don't know that we need "the spread" but we need a balance that we certainly don't have, dispite it being suggested over and over.

that assistant i speak of is maurice moody, played at asu head coach at his hometown of earle, did a remarkable job taking that program to the next level, won a few conf championships... 

btw i'm not advocating the spread either, i'd prefer other things over it. i believe if we continue to run off talent alone we're headed for medocrity down the line. at some point we'll have to start developing pieces of this talent into skill, which will be key in keeping us competitive in today's 7A. of course, this is all just a moot point though...

whosyourdaddy

I believe Moody ran the single wing at Earle. they could never be confused with a BALANCED team.

fastdrop

It is an East thing...kind of like watching Gilligans Island.

Mr_Deb

Quote from: whosyourdaddy on November 23, 2009, 11:31:21 pm
I believe Moody ran the single wing at Earle. they could never be confused with a BALANCED team.

i've been to a few earle games under moody and the few times there saw 3/4 outs, they aired it out quite nicely. not really confusing them with a balanced team, just recognizing what moody can contribute here with the success he had in the passing game there...

Iknewthemwhen

The real questions is does D plan on opening up the game?   I would guess that answer is no.   7 or 8 years and no changes since the beginning, good record but not the big pay-off.   It's a shame because so many were so sure it was just around the courner when he was brought in.     My own perception is that D likes coaches who can enter into his system,not ones that are trying to change it.  Not a judgement just an observation.  Anyway that doesn't allow for lots of change.

ricepig

Maybe he needs to hire a passing game coordinator? TB always says you don't have enough coaches.

dh28

doesnt wm have like 13 coaches ,and not one of them know a passing game.

Iknewthemwhen

lh89

Quote from: dh28 on November 24, 2009, 05:38:16 pm
doesnt wm have like 13 coaches ,and not one of them know a passing game.
This is what happens year after year when you do not play talented teams you do do not get any better.

Mr_Deb

Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on November 24, 2009, 05:27:15 pm
The real questions is does D plan on opening up the game?   I would guess that answer is no.   7 or 8 years and no changes since the beginning, good record but not the big pay-off.   It's a shame because so many were so sure it was just around the courner when he was brought in.     My own perception is that D likes coaches who can enter into his system,not ones that are trying to change it.  Not a judgement just an observation.  Anyway that doesn't allow for lots of change.

exactly, and the little passing he did open up is one of the many reasons season ticket holders believe this young squad did so well. a lot of us certainly thought it would be right around the corner, mostly we were just glad the scarecrow had relinquished a little of his control. i mean D was VERY successful prior to WM, but you can't expect what transpired at mcgehee to automatically translate into success at WM, playing on a much bigger scope. until we get the BIG change at the top, if you will, don't expect much change at the bottom from Dauksch. not a judgement, just an observation...

DEBO64ETOWN

Well Moody knows all about the passing game. It's just when he took over at Earle he had to use what he had. No real time develop a good passing QB. That's why Earle was/is a running team. The man has great knowledge on the passing game, but will WM's head coach allow him to do it? Next Moody brings a attitude and workout schemes that's unreal and those boys will benefit from it greatly. The way he turned boys into men at Earle was crazy. With the resources that WM has it's not hard to develop a good QB, but will the AD let them?

wmfoolsballmania

Mr_Deb

Quote from: DEBO64ETOWN on November 25, 2009, 08:12:37 am
With the resources that WM has it's not hard to develop a good QB, but will the AD let them?

If it was up to the AD, btw a good football man i think we'd definitely be seeing things through a different light by now. heck imo cook is one of the major bright spots in all of this...

fastdrop

I really...really like Mr. Cook. I never see him without a smile on his face. He is a great representative for the Blue Devils.

Iknewthemwhen

What does the AD have to do with developing a QB.   That's a HC call and coach D is not a passing coach, neither was the previous HC, althought they threw a more in the 90's than now.   Those are run,run, run type coaches and they had success so, "why change".  So you can win the championship, that's why.   

gatecrasher

Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on November 26, 2009, 01:33:57 pm
What does the AD have to do with developing a QB.   That's a HC call and coach D is not a passing coach, neither was the previous HC, althought they threw a more in the 90's than now.   Those are run,run, run type coaches and they had success so, "why change".  So you can win the championship, that's why.   
Success is measured by championships.

They have none.......

ricepig

Quote from: gatecrasherfan on November 26, 2009, 08:32:16 pm
Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on November 26, 2009, 01:33:57 pm
What does the AD have to do with developing a QB.   That's a HC call and coach D is not a passing coach, neither was the previous HC, althought they threw a more in the 90's than now.   Those are run,run, run type coaches and they had success so, "why change".  So you can win the championship, that's why.   
Success is measured by championships.

They have none.......

And you won your last one in what.......1958? I know of several basketball schools that have won multiple since then.

gatecrasher

And that is irrelevant to this conversation. Go look at the post I responded to.

WM#1fanman

Gate Crasher PB is going to make you eat Crow at WMS when they blow Eldorado out.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas