• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Watson Chapel at El Dorado II

Started by allstate250, November 21, 2009, 09:07:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

allstate250

May as well start this one early.

Chapel comes back to the pound thanksgiving weekend for more punishment.  :-D

Thoughts on this one, Absolut?

Sorry Gate, had to jump start this one.

xtremewildcat

I actually wanted WC to lose to JB.

Any key players hurt for WC? You know, like that QB, who y'all claim is a high school student. I'm gonna ask the AAA to check his birth certificate.

patspain

eldo wins this one not convincingly but by enough to get their point across....ohhhhh im so excited for the championship game!!! eldo vs pine bluff round II!! i might come 2 hours up the interstate to watch that one

gatecrasher

...quite simply, that is all that needs to be said.

Absolut....we knew this day was coming. Now it's here. Happy Holidays bro....but this is the Year of the Purple Cats.

We carry over the dominating 2nd half against Texarkana, and we'll be making plans for WMS....it's that simple.

dh28

congrats to eldo and wc .what a game this will be.

thebigshot

another semifinal matchup from last year.... what was the final score of that game anybody remember? 

El Dorado by 10

gatecrasher

48-22 wasn't it?

Highly unlikely it will be that lopsided, but after what I saw by our team and coaching staff in the 2nd half last night, I do not believe I'll be adding any extra gray this week

gatecrasher

Guess we'll have two threads on the game then....

I started one early this morning....

Find a mod and see if they can combine the two....

allstate250

Beat ya by about two hrs, buddy.  It wasn't up when I posted this morning.

Or maybe we'll keep two threads.  I'll rename this one "THIS is the game to decide the 6A championship. (tm)"

LOL

gatecrasher

ah....well....I was still half asleep when I started mine lol.....

Absolut

Well Well Well.... Look at what we have here. A Watson Chapel team on the verge of a complete turnaround in only two seasons. And a El Dorado team that thinks they're championship material. First and foremost it should be a great atmosphere. Probably the best place to be in Arkansas on Friday night. Of course it should be a awesome game also.

Absolut

I got a good feeling about this game. I feel better about this game than any other of the previous meetings with El Dorado. I think I got a good idea of how this one will play out, but I'm gonna keep it to myself. However I will say that I will be making plans to be at WMS to watch WC play in their 3rd state championship game.

gatecrasher

....you're gonna be sorely dissappointed....

You need to see our 2nd half dismantling of Texarkana on film.....

You won't have a chance in Hades as long as we execute like that....

Nobody in this state would....

xtremewildcat

Anyone hurt on the WC side. We all are healthy.

Absolut

Nah everybody is healthy and ready to go.

79Cat

After getting knocked onto the track by THS qb Harris Friday night I felt I should get my prediction in early. It will be a dandy. I would not be surprised at all to see Jaq M. and Clay M. play a little d-back if need be.
EHS 38
WCH 28

nthknow

Sorry 79 but you can't beat Shelton twice in a season, key to this game cornerbacks will not allow the big plays that hurt WC in the first one, WC-35 ED-14.

stix1

Man Watson Chapel got diz yall tawkn bout did we see what yall did to texarakana but did you see what we did to texarakana we aint nothing like dem we got diz 1 in tha bag 38-28

gatecrasher

Your cornerbacks simply have no choice but to allow the big play. We've hit big plays against everyone....

Seven against yall the last time...(plays of 20 yards or more)

yall aren't doing anything different now than you did 8 weeks ago....

We have won 12 straight at home. The team I saw open up a can on Texarkana in the 2nd half is the one you will see Friday night....

These kids are on a mission, just like LH last season. Only a state title will equal success for these kids.

fanoffootball

El Dorado will get the big plays. Watson Chapel will simply have to contain as many as the can.

Watson Chapel will learn from their mistakes in the first game, El Dorado will just have to force Watson Chapel to make them again.

I think this one goes down to the wire, again.

ricepig

I didn't see much of El Do this year, only the WC/El Do game, so my comments will deal mostly what I saw of WC. If El Do has any kind of passing game to go along with a power game, then I see them scoring 28-35 points if they don't have too many turnovers. WC defense couldn't stop Jonesboro, so surely they won't be able to stop El Do. I figure it will be 34-24 El Do.

gatecrasher

We have a big-play passing game.....

Taylor Reed has passed for over 2100 yards with a 20-4 TD/INT ratio. He has completed 65% of his passes.....

Two main targets in Clay Murphy and Jaq Miles......

We're very balanced. Watson Chapel will just pick their poison.....

dh28

well i guess they did , our wc wouldnt have won .

ricepig

Quote from: dh28 on November 23, 2009, 10:07:44 pm
well i guess they did , our wc wouldnt have won .

We had 4 Tds and a FG, they had 4 TDs and a few too many 2pt conversions. All you SA south posters said it would be by 30-35 points, guess you don't know everything. You are correct they did shut down our 2 pt play and won, one might say they slowed us down. I guess if it had been 45-43, you would still call that shutting someone down?

gatecrasher

Once again....IT'S THE PLAYOFFS....

But if you're satisfied with a moral victory simply because you didn't get blown out, then so be it.....

ricepig

Quote from: gatecrasherfan on November 23, 2009, 10:29:02 pm

But if you're satisfied with a moral victory simply because you didn't get blown out, then so be it.....

Not at all DA, just stating facts, something you know absolutely nothing about. We had our chance and lost, that's it in a nutshell. I figure you will win this one, I've got my doubts on the next one.

fastdrop

Quote from: ricepig on November 23, 2009, 10:47:58 pm

Not at all DA, just stating facts, something you know absolutely nothing about. We had our chance and lost, that's it in a nutshell. I figure you will win this one, I've got my doubts on the next one.
RP...I don't know. PB was not a monster by any means. Eldo may win by default this year.

ricepig

Quote from: fastdrop on November 23, 2009, 10:51:00 pm

RP...I don't know. PB was not a monster by any means. Eldo may win by default this year.

They beat them once, I figured they could do it again.

fastdrop

Quote from: ricepig on November 23, 2009, 11:00:17 pm

They beat them once, I figured they could do it again.
I was just saying the winner of 6A more than likely would lose to Shiloh or Nashville if that game was played.

PB was no where close to the Central and Springdale teams that beat us in the state championships of old.

zebradynasty

Quote from: fastdrop on November 23, 2009, 11:11:06 pm

PB was no where close to the Central and Springdale teams that beat us in the state championships of old.

Same can be said for any team in the state regardless of classification. At 6-4 when we played WM I don't think anyone considered us a monster. I might point out that the Shabazz lead 1990 championship team wasn't a monster either.

fastdrop

Quote from: zebradynasty on November 23, 2009, 11:41:36 pm

Same can be said for any team in the state regardless of classification. At 6-4 when we played WM I don't think anyone considered us a monster. I might point out that the Shabazz lead 1990 championship team wasn't a monster either.
Maybe so....but as far as talent goes I was not too impressed Friday night...lots of kids with heart though.

GuvHog

If you're gonna state facts, state them all. The only reason that game was close is because WC turned the ball over too much and had too many silly penalties. Jonesboro false started on offense all night and were only called for about half of them. That intentional grounding call against WC was horrible. Branch was well out of the tackle box and threw the ball past the line of scrimmage. Talk about home cooking!! WC managed to adjust their defense and sacked Jonesboro's QB several times, the last one on the attempted 2 point conversion. The Hurricane's failure to adjust was a big part of their downfall.

ricepig

Quote from: GuvHog on November 23, 2009, 11:57:02 pm

If you're gonna state facts, state them all. The only reason that game was close is because WC turned the ball over too much and had too many silly penalties. Jonesboro false started on offense all night and were only called for about half of them. That intentional grounding call against WC was horrible. Branch was well out of the tackle box and threw the ball past the line of scrimmage. Talk about home cooking!! WC managed to adjust their defense and sacked Jonesboro's QB several times, the last one on the attempted 2 point conversion. The Hurricane's failure to adjust was a big part of their downfall.

Besides the fumble at your own 20, what other turnovers did you have? You may have had another one, I just don't remember any others, Jonesboro threw 2 INT's inside their own 30. As far as false starts, they called 9 against us, how many penalties did WC have? Home cookin, you do know that AAA assigns crews for playoff games don't you? I had never seen this crew, figured they were from the south. I'll give you the grounding call, I thought that was a bad call. It was a good game and you won, but we gave you all you wanted. I thought the turning point was early in the second quarter when we had 2nd and goal from the one and didn't run our #230 lb RB like we did in the 4th quarter, 14-0 is lot different than 10-0. I actually hope you beat El Do to shut them up, I just don't think you have the defense to do it.

Absolut

I think we do have the defense to beat El Dorado. We're more than capable of holding El Dorado, but like any team your offense has to help keep the ball away. If you give El Dorado a lot of possessions then they can score on any team in the state. Like I told Gatecrasher earlier they defensive back that gave up a long TD is no longer starting. Our defensive backfield is very solid espcially when we play Kyle Coleman back there.

Absolut

Our defense against Jonesboro was pretty good despite a couple of big plays. In the second half we came out and put the clamps on jonesboro for the most part. It was 24-17 in the 3rd quarter and it should have been 31-17, but we had two touchdowns called back. We held the hurricanes on 3 straight possessions to start the 2nd half, but got two TD's called back and we fumbled inside the 20 yard line and gave them a gimme touchdown.

gatecrasher

ricepig....your season is over. That's the only fact of significance. Everything else is jibberish.

As for these next two games, I'm trying to get someone to put the 2nd half of Friday night's game on youtube....that was total domination.

Nobody will beat us playing like we played that 2nd half.

ricepig

Quote from: Absolut on November 24, 2009, 05:42:17 am
Our defense against Jonesboro was pretty good despite a couple of big plays. In the second half we came out and put the clamps on jonesboro for the most part. It was 24-17 in the 3rd quarter and it should have been 31-17, but we had two touchdowns called back. We held the hurricanes on 3 straight possessions to start the 2nd half, but got two TD's called back and we fumbled inside the 20 yard line and gave them a gimme touchdown.

Two touchdowns called back on the same drive because of holding doesn't mean two additional scores. You gave us one gimme TD on the fumble inside the 20, we gave you two on two INTs, one at our 15 for your winning score and the other at our 25 for a score. Total yards JHS 348, WC 292, if you hold El Do like that, you'll be joining us on the sideline.

I'll let you boys fight it out, just posting the facts, not the woulda's and coulda's. Good luck to both teams, I hope it is a well played game with no injuries.

xtremewildcat

November 24, 2009, 11:41:23 am #37 Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 12:11:29 pm by xtremewildcat
Quote from: ricepig on November 23, 2009, 11:00:17 pm

I was just saying the winner of 6A more than likely would lose to Shiloh or Nashville if that game was played.

You know, we all have our opinions, but. To all of you that think like this. It is hard for me to consider you as a student of the game.
Even more so because of the links in the games that have been played. Now, let me say this. Just because ED beat NLR this year, doesn't mean that I think we could have made it that deep in the 7A playoffs. However, "I" can make that argument.
People who believe Shiloh or Nashvile could make it this far in the 6A playoff can't even make that argument in the 5A playoffs, let alone the 6A. Why? Follow this.
1) Shiloh lost to GW(who didn't even make it to the semis in the 5A).
2) GW lost to PA.
3) PA lost to LH.
4) LH almost got mercy ruled my ED.

Who(other than a fan) would still believe either of these teams could make it this far in a playoff scenario?

And further more:
Why in the H. E. double L. would anyone put Shiloh in front of GW in a poll? Didn't GW beat Shiloh in a darn game(not a freakin scrimage)? Are they ignoring that fact? Is there anyone that thinks that victory was a fluke?

And further more, don't come on here labeling me a Shiloh hater. Go back and read what I posted about them when they kicked Evangel. I only stopped swingin on they nurtz when they lost to GW.
As far as the Scrappers, I hope they put Shiloh in the dirt. But, they haven't shown me they could compete in a higher classification. Look at their record. Defeating Hope and Prescot, is like Arkansas beating SAU.

nthknow

I'm still sticking with WC, the difference will be the secondary much imporved for WC and that will be the difference. ED will score but not as much as WC and that equates into a win.

Absolut

El Dorado dominated an average Texarkana team in the 2nd half. Yall had no business being down in the first place, but I see that's a trend that's going on in El Dorado. I see some tell tell signs that they are slowing down. Its been going on for the last 3 weeks. WC will take advantage and slay El Dorado once and for all.

Absolut

Watson Chapel vs. Pine Bluff state championship. Sounds good to me!

bigeldofan

second round playoff team is not avarege. wc made it to round three last year and got beat bad and was not average .don,t be so full of your self .eldo is not getting bad or worse they are very much as explosive as they were week 4 and more but now their defense is knocking heads. wc will have to come play to win especially in eldo.if eldo defense has another game against wc  on def like they did against lh yall goin be in a bind early.

gatecrasher

Are you huffing exhaust fumes?

Face reality Absolut. Yall aren't coming into OUR HOUSE and winning...ESPECIALLY in November....

Absolut

Umm yes Texarkana is an average team. Matter of fact they might be below average because they have a losing record. A second round team in 6A playoffs doesn't mean anything seeing as 6A playoffs are a bit watered down.

And El Dorado is going downward. No team stays the same at this time of season. Either you are peaking or sliding. IMO el do is the latter.

Gatecrasher I don't wanna hear any excuses after we beat yall. It will be an all Pine Bluff championship this season.

AHS06

Quote from: Absolut on November 25, 2009, 05:24:49 am
Umm yes Texarkana is an average team. Matter of fact they might be below average because they have a losing record. A second round team in 6A playoffs doesn't mean anything seeing as 6A playoffs are a bit watered down.

And El Dorado is going downward. No team stays the same at this time of season. Either you are peaking or sliding. IMO el do is the latter.

Gatecrasher I don't wanna hear any excuses after we beat yall. It will be an all Pine Bluff championship this season.
We were a very average Texarkana team.  We could have beat El Dorado but we didn't they wanted the game more in the end and that showed our young our team is.  And you can not go off our record, and I would put money on it that you guys could not beat any of our non-conference teams.  WC GO TO ELDORADO AND KICK THAT A** PLAY FOUR QUARTER AND YOU GUYS WIN.  Thats what hurt us we let up on them in the second half.  Go Zebras take State

Absolut

Not saying Texarkana wasn't a good team. Just saying they were average by Texarkana standards.

Don't worry we will play four quarters. We know what we have to do to beat EL Dorado and Im confident we will get it done. I think how this game will play out will be a surprise for everybody in the state! We've got a few new wrinkles that are sure to catch them off guard.

Jesusfreak

Quote from: AHS06 on November 25, 2009, 09:21:11 am

We were a very average Texarkana team.  We could have beat El Dorado but we didn't they wanted the game more in the end and that showed our young our team is.  And you can not go off our record, and I would put money on it that you guys could not beat any of our non-conference teams.  WC GO TO ELDORADO AND KICK THAT A** PLAY FOUR QUARTER AND YOU GUYS WIN.  Thats what hurt us we let up on them in the second half.  Go Zebras take State

Man, you all "let up"?? Texarkana came out fired up in the 2nd half, but it did them no good. No, El Dorado came out and stomped Texarkana in the 2nd half. Why can't you admit that? El Do's offense torched Texarkana's defense in the 2nd half. And El Do's defense made adjustments and shut Texarkana down in the 2nd half. End of story.

AHS06

Quote from: Absolut on November 25, 2009, 12:17:56 pm
Not saying Texarkana wasn't a good team. Just saying they were average by Texarkana standards.

Don't worry we will play four quarters. We know what we have to do to beat EL Dorado and Im confident we will get it done. I think how this game will play out will be a surprise for everybody in the state! We've got a few new wrinkles that are sure to catch them off guard.
+1 GOOD POST WILL BE THERE CHEERING FOR THE REAL WILDCATS FRIDAY. 

AHS06

Quote from: Jesusfreak on November 25, 2009, 12:30:57 pm

Man, you all "let up"?? Texarkana came out fired up in the 2nd half, but it did them no good. No, El Dorado came out and stomped Texarkana in the 2nd half. Why can't you admit that? El Do's offense torched Texarkana's defense in the 2nd half. And El Do's defense made adjustments and shut Texarkana down in the 2nd half. End of story.
We made a lot of mistakes and paid for them, like I stated before Clay Murphy beat us. Yes you guys beat us.

xtremewildcat

And you can not go off our record, and I would put money on it that you guys could not beat any of our non-conference teams.

I will bet you 5 grand, my van, and some zig zags.

Now, check who we beat and who you lost to in the pre conference.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas