• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tough, tough road for WM this year...

Started by DF#1, November 15, 2009, 10:52:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DF#1

If WM wins it all this year...they deserve it. Because they have an extremely tough task ahead of them.

1. They have to play the team that they had the most trouble with so far this season in Pine Bluff. PB had WM against the ropes in the second game of the season before WM staged an enormous second half comeback. They will have to have a lot more focus early in this game. The atmosphere will help create a lot of energy that WM should be able to fuel off of.

2. They have to beat the team that sent them home last year. It was a shootout in the first half last year and then it immediately turned into a defensive battle in the second half. LH made more plays than WM and ended up with the win. WM will be looking for much payback against an LH team that's not quite as good as they were last year.

3. El Dorado. Plain and simple. If WM makes it to WMS, two undefeateds will clash.

I'm not making any predictions because Lord knows I have no idea when to be a homer and when to be realistic, but IF West Memphis wins the state title this year, they very well deserve it because they have to go through three very quality teams in order to do so.

Provided of course that LH and Eldo take care of business.

I'm looking forward to it.

patspain

roootin for the blue devils now! bring it home baby! bring it freakin home!

True Believer

DF, WM has every right to be proud of their team because no one gave them a chance to be undefeated or win the conference this year.

And correct me if I am wrong please but WM is the only undefeated team this year going into the playoffs. 

westmem

just remember the squad was not together all the way against fc,helena,pb they not lookin at that ..but these boys are now a unit.... please with sugar on top give them heck devils  >:(
Quote from: DF#1 on November 15, 2009, 10:52:03 am<br />If WM wins it all this year...they deserve it. Because they have an extremely tough task ahead of them. <br /><br />1. They have to play the team that they had the most trouble with so far this season in Pine Bluff. PB had WM against the ropes in the second game of the season before WM staged an enormous second half comeback. They will have to have a lot more focus early in this game. The atmosphere will help create a lot of energy that WM should be able to fuel off of. <br /><br />2. They have to beat the team that sent them home last year. It was a shootout in the first half last year and then it immediately turned into a defensive battle in the second half. LH made more plays than WM and ended up with the win. WM will be looking for much payback against an LH team that's not <i>quite</i> as good as they were last year.<br /><br />3. El Dorado. Plain and simple. If WM makes it to WMS, two undefeateds will clash. <br /><br />I'm not making any predictions because Lord knows I have no idea when to be a homer and when to be realistic, but IF West Memphis wins the state title this year, they very well deserve it because they have to go through three very quality teams in order to do so.<br /><br />Provided of course that LH and Eldo take care of business. <br /><br />I'm looking forward to it.<br />

patspain

Quote from: westmem on November 15, 2009, 02:25:00 pm
just remember the squad was not together all the way against fc,helena,pb they not lookin at that ..but these boys are now a unit.... please with sugar on top give them heck devils  >:(
Quote from: DF#1 on November 15, 2009, 10:52:03 am<br />If WM wins it all this year...they deserve it. Because they have an extremely tough task ahead of them. <br /><br />1. They have to play the team that they had the most trouble with so far this season in Pine Bluff. PB had WM against the ropes in the second game of the season before WM staged an enormous second half comeback. They will have to have a lot more focus early in this game. The atmosphere will help create a lot of energy that WM should be able to fuel off of. <br /><br />2. They have to beat the team that sent them home last year. It was a shootout in the first half last year and then it immediately turned into a defensive battle in the second half. LH made more plays than WM and ended up with the win. WM will be looking for much payback against an LH team that's not <i>quite</i> as good as they were last year.<br /><br />3. El Dorado. Plain and simple. If WM makes it to WMS, two undefeateds will clash. <br /><br />I'm not making any predictions because Lord knows I have no idea when to be a homer and when to be realistic, but IF West Memphis wins the state title this year, they very well deserve it because they have to go through three very quality teams in order to do so.<br /><br />Provided of course that LH and Eldo take care of business. <br /><br />I'm looking forward to it.<br />
give em he** devils! bring the trophy home to crittenden county!!!

DF#1

When I said undefeateds, I was referring to 6A conference play.

I should have been more specific.

redwolf143

Quote from: DF#1 on November 17, 2009, 10:54:27 am

we know, and El Dorado got beat by PB two weeks ago.

lh89

I believe we have had this same topic for the last few years.WM plays not that much talent through the year then when it comess time to play the real talent from the south they cannot get it done. I would hate to know I was playing in a smaller conference and still could not get to the dance, I know the rest of the east will be glad to see WM move on.

DF#1

Quote from: redwolf143 on November 17, 2009, 11:25:13 am
Quote from: DF#1 on November 17, 2009, 10:54:27 am

we know, and El Dorado got beat by PB two weeks ago.
dang. I could've sworn they hadnt lost a conference game.

Shows how much I've been keeping up.

DF#1

Quote from: lh89 on November 17, 2009, 04:54:08 pm
I believe we have had this same topic for the last few years.WM plays not that much talent through the year then when it comess time to play the real talent from the south they cannot get it done. I would hate to know I was playing in a smaller conference and still could not get to the dance, I know the rest of the east will be glad to see WM move on.
WM got to the "dance" three years in a row when 6A and 7A were combined in the old 5A.

It's not that WM can't get it done because they choke or something. They just go up against better teams. Plain and simple. Central of 2003? A better team. Central of 04? A muchhhh better team. Springdale of '05? Nuff said. The '06 and '07 Texarkana teams with Dennis Johnson had too much explosiveness and talent for WM to keep up. And last year, LH really wasn't that much better than WM. They just made more plays down the stretch in the second half than WM.

I'm not buying this bit that WM just 'cant get it done' like they are mentally or emotionally incapable of rising up in a big game.

When we made it to WMS three years in a row, we were a better team than the guys we went up against. When we got beat, we got beat by better football teams.

If WM loses in this year's playoffs, it will be to a better football team. That's all there is to it.

If WM wins tomorrow night, get ready. You LH boys are gonna get yours. ;)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas