• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

THE GAME THAT DECIDES THE 6A CHAMPIONSHIP

Started by wmfoolsballmania, November 14, 2009, 06:30:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BorderPatrol

Quote from: gatecrasherfan on November 16, 2009, 10:19:19 pm
And I guess Pine Bluff hasn't had the same 7 weeks to get ready either?

Absolutely NOT....what were you thinking?

bp

ricepig

Quote from: BorderPatrol on November 17, 2009, 09:58:52 am

bp

I'm guessing the WM fan is insinuating that WM has had the easier row to hoe than PB these last 7 weeks, but I'm sure you caught that.

wmfoolsballmania

Quote from: ricepig on November 17, 2009, 10:14:51 am
Quote from: BorderPatrol on November 17, 2009, 09:58:52 am

bp

I'm guessing the WM fan is insinuating that WM has had the easier row to hoe than PB these last 7 weeks, but I'm sure you caught that.
exactly....but I did not feel like responding to the slower posters.

xtremewildcat

Notice there is not a lot of posting from our normal fans. I feel a bit of anxiety in the air.
I understand. My son is not playing and I am about as nervous my friends who have sons playing. I really think both side have a ton of respect for the other and we all are a bit reserved in talking smack.

PB vs WM
ED vs AHS

darn, I wish I could be at both games.

Mr_Deb

Quote from: xtremewildcat on November 17, 2009, 04:40:44 pm
Notice there is not a lot of posting from our normal fans. I feel a bit of anxiety in the air.

not on WM part. we've been stirring it up since last thursday and will continue to do so until we run those showtime zebras back in the zoo. 

i hope you guys smell that, we're burning lumber... lol

zebrafan

gatecrasher

There hasn't been alot od posting from hardly any of the folks that were here this time last year....badwax in particular...

I'm gonna always be here, barring something important going on.....

I may have respect for all of the teams left in the playoffs but I'm still gonna talk smack if I feel my boys are gonna back it up....

And they will......;)

fastdrop

Mr_Deb

you're possibly correct there, PB is just as dangerous as we are. i expect a good offensive showing from pb and a good dose of lignum vitae from the WM defense...

zebrafan

zebrafan

Quote from: devil_kid on November 17, 2009, 06:17:40 pm
you're possibly correct there, PB is just as dangerous as we are. i expect a good offensive showing from pb and a good dose of lignum vitae from the WM defense...
I just hope our defense will play better than they did the past 2 meetings :(

fastdrop

zebrafan

Quote from: fastdrop on November 17, 2009, 08:17:40 pm
Quote from: zebrafan on November 17, 2009, 06:46:51 pm
Quote from: fastdrop on November 17, 2009, 06:07:49 pm
Quote from: zebrafan on November 17, 2009, 05:39:41 pm
Should be a down to the wire finish!!! :)
Are you coming to the game?
Yes I am!! Are you?
Yes... We will meet. SHould be a great game.
Good deal, Do have any idea if Bolding is taking everyone or doing the travel squad again?

Mr_Deb

Quote from: zebrafan on November 17, 2009, 06:52:09 pm

well at least they should be more familiar this go-round, just as our defense should.

if i remember correct the starting rb #20 hunt fell to a injury somewhere along the line after the WM game, just wondering if he's made it back yet? here's to hoping for a injury free game friday night...

zebrafan

Quote from: devil_kid on November 18, 2009, 05:00:05 pm
Quote from: zebrafan on November 17, 2009, 06:52:09 pm

well at least they should be more familiar this go-round, just as our defense should.

if i remember correct the starting rb #20 hunt fell to a injury somewhere along the line after the WM game, just wondering if he's made it back yet? here's to hoping for a injury free game friday night...
He's out for the season with a broken collarbone, which is unfortunate because he is one of the better RBs we've had at PBH since Bolding was here. Since Jawahn(#20) got hurt, Claude has been the leading rusher with 850 yards.

Mr_Deb

broken collar bone geesh, i've dislocated one before and it felt like someone had pressed a power star into my shoulder. knew a guy who broke one before and attempted to come back late season then re-broke it again. doctors told him football was over after that. granted, the guy didn't have half the upside Hunt has...

zebrafan

Quote from: devil_kid on November 18, 2009, 06:49:32 pm
broken collar bone geesh, i've dislocated one before and it felt like someone had pressed a power star into my shoulder. knew a guy who broke one before and attempted to come back late season then re-broke it again. doctors told him football was over after that. granted, the guy didn't have half the upside Hunt has...
Yeah its a shame. Is WM 100% healthy?

WM#1fanman

zebrafan

Quote from: WM#1fanman on November 18, 2009, 07:49:01 pm
110 % Healthy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good! We want to beat you guys at your best! :) (and our team at 100% this time haha)

DF#1

Just a kick little bit from good ole DF.

For those who think that PB has gotten soooo much better this year, they are right. But WM is not the same team that they were in Week 2, either. That was the second game for a team who lost all 22 starters and a kicker.

Someone mentioned PB's improved defense and said "no big runs for WM". Fine. Sorrell will throw it for 200 yards. Pick your poison.

The winner of this game gets to War Memorial. The boys are fired up and ready to roll. Looking for a good matchup in WM tomorrow night.

Good luck to both clubs.

Go WM!!!

AHS06

You are right both teams have improved since week 2.  PB has more quality teams than WM.  If WM played the strength of the South yeah they would have room to talk.  PB has played in some hard down the wire games, WM hasn't.  WM has not seen a dogfight yet and it will show tomorrow.  I agree the winner of this game should make it to State, but you can NOT overlook LH.  WM has never even made it to the final game.  All you can say is "At least WM can say we lost to the past 3 state champs in the playoffs."

DEBO64ETOWN

You mean in 6a right. And I would like to get up with a couple of you guys at the game tomorrow.

closetzebra

Woohoo!  Game day, finally!  Z's, I gotta feeling, that tonight's gonna be a good night, tonight's gonna be a good, good night...

gatecrasher

fastdrop

The Devils spank that Hiney....this is the year WM says farewell to the 6A in a Huge way.

Football championship
Basketball championship

gatecrasher

Quote from: fastdrop on November 20, 2009, 11:00:54 am
The Devils spank that Hiney....this is the year WM says farewell to the 6A in a Huge way.

Basketball championship

Fixed it for you ;D

redwolf143

Football championship
Basketball championship

+1 I hope.

fastdrop

Quote from: gatecrasherfan on November 20, 2009, 01:46:16 pm

Basketball championship

Fixed it for you ;D
I thought you said baseball...but I would leave that one to Jonesboro and ricepig.  ;D

ricepig

Quote from: fastdrop on November 20, 2009, 04:22:32 pm

Basketball championship

Fixed it for you ;D
I thought you said baseball...but I would leave that one to Jonesboro and ricepig.  ;D

That would be Searcy, we don't have anyone that throws 95mph and sure can't hit it. Our best move this year may be to swing at strike three in the dirt and run.

fastdrop

Quote from: ricepig on November 20, 2009, 04:35:08 pm
Quote from: fastdrop on November 20, 2009, 04:22:32 pm

Basketball championship

Fixed it for you ;D

That would be Searcy, we don't have anyone that throws 95mph and sure can't hit it. Our best move this year may be to swing at strike three in the dirt and run.
He can't pitch every game in the state play-offs....=)

Mr_Deb

well not too much to say about this one, we got beat fair and square by pine bluff. we had a few blown opportunities here and there, but in part that was due to a bunch of hungry zebras. their defense performed very exceptional, really good hits on both sides of the ball tonight. i thought our coaching staff did a fantastic job. also, know i've been little more critical of the staff this year but hey, my boss is very critical me also. lol

all in all, im still very proud of this young group and  definitely remain ecstatic about the future here.   

WM#1fanman

West Memphis remember at the beginning of the year with no returning starters and everyone saying that you would be lucky to go 500 for the season. I myself thought after watching the Wynne scrimage game that you would be lucky to win any games. Well you were undefeated until you played a very good Pine Bluff team Friday night. A lot of sophomores were starters this year and they have a lot of victory's to look forward to. The Mighty Blue Devils have a bright future and Yes lets cheer on our Blue Devil round ball team until next year. "WE ARE WEST MEMPHIS"   

wmfoolsballmania

The South was almost undefeated during the playoffs. Not saying much that WM rolled through the east. Young and dumb has no bearing on it. Easy road for WM. They better start scheduling some decent teams for non conference games or they will continue to be the team every 7A team hopes they get in the first round of the playoffs.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas