• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Watson Chapel @ Jonesboro

Started by big tightend, November 14, 2009, 01:24:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Quote from: Absolut on November 18, 2009, 06:39:11 pm
How's practice going at Jonesboro? What are the kids attitudes toward the game Friday? It should be a good game ricepig.

Seems to be going OK, today is the only day I've seen them this week. They will be ready, got a few surprises up their sleeve, but mostly staying with what got us this far. Even with two weeks off we still have a few nagging injuries, kids will just have to play through them.

GuvHog

Quote from: ricepig on November 18, 2009, 06:19:31 pm
Quote from: Absolut on November 18, 2009, 06:09:56 pm
Anybody know the address of the stadium? Is it at the high school?

Yep, it's at the high school, just keep coming on 49. it turns into Southwest Drive, which turns into Main St., it's all the same.

Actually it's 49B isn't it ricepig? 49 goes down the Bypass to Stadium Boulivard doesn't it???

ricepig

That would be true, 49B does cross over the bypass. Just stay on 49B or Southwest Drive and you will see the lights.

VV Fan

GuvHog

Quote from: ricepig on November 19, 2009, 01:14:29 am
That would be true, 49B does cross over the bypass. Just stay on 49B or Southwest Drive and you will see the lights.

I thought so, My family is originally from NEA and I have relatives still living in
Greene and Craighead counties.

DEBO64ETOWN

JB you guys have your work cut out for y'all tomorrow, but I think you guys can win. WC has very good team and know they are ready. I'm 50/50 with this, but I'm leaning toward the home side. Wish I could see this one.

bomberfootball#4

GO East! I have considered coming down from the mountains to see it but idk yet

Spanky

Rumor coming out today is Kowan Wright officially quit
the team today. Seems as if he missed practice and coach told him he would not be allowed to dress out
Friday night. This is not good for Jonesboro.

nthknow

No chance for jonesboro, the key to this game is jonesboro throws the ball, chapel has two outstanding corners and FS that can lock up on receivers that allows the DC to play games with blitz packages and pressure the QB, shut down screens, and stop the run.  WC 49-14.

ricepig

Quote from: nthknow on November 19, 2009, 03:15:21 pm
No chance for jonesboro, the key to this game is jonesboro throws the ball, chapel has two outstanding corners and FS that can lock up on receivers that allows the DC to play games with blitz packages and pressure the QB, shut down screens, and stop the run.  WC 49-14.

I'll take Jonesboro +35 if that's ok with you.

ricepig

Quote from: GuvHog on November 19, 2009, 01:52:09 pm
Quote from: ricepig on November 19, 2009, 01:14:29 am

I thought so, My family is originally from NEA and I have relatives still living in
Greene and Craighead counties.

Maybe I was sending them up to your relatives.  ;D Will WC bring much of a crowd?

ricepig

Quote from: DEBO64ETOWN on November 19, 2009, 02:04:40 pm
JB you guys have your work cut out for y'all tomorrow, but I think you guys can win. WC has very good team and know they are ready. I'm 50/50 with this, but I'm leaning toward the home side. Wish I could see this one.

I think both Rich and CalPreps has us about a 7 point underdog, I can see that. We will have to play mistake free ball on offense to win, but we are capable of that. You should see a good one with WM and PB, lots of points.

ricepig

November 19, 2009, 03:34:55 pm #62 Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 04:37:18 pm by ricepig
Quote from: Spanky on November 19, 2009, 03:14:15 pm
Rumor coming out today is Kowan Wright officially quit
the team today. Seems as if he missed practice and coach told him he would not be allowed to dress out
Friday night. This is not good for Jonesboro.

Don't you have an illegal coaching hire to worry about? If he doesn't play we have another All-Stater to take his place.
I've learned that the hire is legal, NSD does not post jobs, thus there isn't a 30 day wait. My apologies to my Nettleton brethern.

nthknow

what is the illegal coaching hire you refer to?

ricepig

Quote from: nthknow on November 19, 2009, 03:37:41 pm
what is the illegal coaching hire you refer to?

Netttleton, one of our schools in Jonesboro, promoted an assistant to head coach Tuesday night without posting the job for 30 days or doing any outside interviews. This is supposed to be a big no-no according to AAA rules, but we've seen lately what AAA rules mean. I really don't care one way or the other, just didn't care for the troll.

Absolut

So let me get this straight? Jonesboro best RB and most explosive player quit the team? Increase the spread by 14 points for the Wildcats.

ricepig

He rushed for 1000 yards and his backup had 700 yards, although there were times both were in there together. He's been hurt and used as a decoy since the Searcy game with a seperated shoulder.His replacement was all-state at Osceola last year, if Kowan was 100% it would have been a bigger loss, we'll be fine.

Spanky

Well honestly I hate it for Jonesboro and for Kowan.
Taking your "decoy" out of the game will have an impact
however slight it may be. I feel for the kid. He has given
his all every year he was played. Sometimes we say and do
things we wish we could take back. It's a horrible time to learn
one of lifes lessons.

As far as Nettleton goes, Murphee is a great guy. Unfortunately
the program will never completely change until the combo AD/principal
retires.

ricepig

As you said, life's lessons are usually hard, we've all had to deal with them in one way or another. How we accepted them usually defines us.

Jesusfreak

Question for Watson Chapel people:

The last 2 times Chapel has come to El Dorado to play, after running through their banner before the game, they charged to the middle of the football field and started jumping up and down on the Cat head. Do they do this at all their away games, or just at El Dorado?

I was just wondering, because it seemed a little disrespectful and served no purpose but to fire up the El Dorado team and fans. I understand getting fired up, but it seems like they could group together in another part of the field and jump up and down. I could understand doing it at your home field, but to do it at someone else's house seems to be asking for it.

STUNNA

Absolut

Quote from: Jesusfreak on November 19, 2009, 09:47:47 pm

The last 2 times Chapel has come to El Dorado to play, after running through their banner before the game, they charged to the middle of the football field and started jumping up and down on the Cat head. Do they do this at all their away games, or just at El Dorado?

I was just wondering, because it seemed a little disrespectful and served no purpose but to fire up the El Dorado team and fans. I understand getting fired up, but it seems like they could group together in another part of the field and jump up and down. I could understand doing it at your home field, but to do it at someone else's house seems to be asking for it.

We always do that. Wherever we go.

gatecrasher

It would be highly detrimental to do it next week.....

Absolut

If we play El Dorado again there's no way we will lose. Coach Shelton is too good of a coach to let El Dorado slip by us again. I think we're gonna make a statement Today in Jonesboro.

gatecrasher

...yeah you will.

You forget who we have for a coach....

BTW....lot of the El Dorado players think Jonesboro matches up well with yall....that they are gonna give you a hard time.

I don't think so, but just something to think about.....

And get it out of your head: Yall ain't beatin us, certainly not at our house.....

ricepig

Quote from: Absolut on November 19, 2009, 11:05:28 pm
Quote from: Jesusfreak on November 19, 2009, 09:47:47 pm

We always do that. Wherever we go.

I bet it made a lot of sense during those 6-6-1 seasons. I'd have my non-starters do the jumping, wouldn't want anyone to twist an ankle in one of those gopher holes.

ricepig

Time to go to the pep rally, got to get ready to skin some cats. Just kidding PETA.

Steelwolf08

Sorry Jonesboro , Y'all had a pretty good season, but I think it's gonna be too hard of a task for y'all tonight! WC 45- JHS 14.

dh28

i agree with you on this one steel wolf

ricepig

Well, what can you say, it was a good high school game. Jonesboro game out and gave WC all it wanted and like a good team WC responded and took control only to have the Canes come back. Like most close games it came down to turnovers and the kicking game and unfortunately for Jonesboro they lost both. It's hard to believe, but the play of the game may have been the extra point attempt after WC's first touchdown. A bad snap forces the holder to run and after being shut down one way, Coleman reverses field and scores 2 the other way.
The kids put it all on the line and never quit, sure there were some plays that left you scratching your head, but you can't fault the effort by the players or coaches.
WC, good game your players were as advertised, Branch and Vanderbilt were a load to bring down and Coleman is a good receiver. Good luck to you next week and next year in 5A.
We'll be back again next year, we have several Srs to replace, but we only returned 7 starters this year and will have a new bunch of kids step up and take their place.

zebrafan

Who all scored for WC? Same for Jonesboro?

gatecrasher

ABSOLUT!!!!!!!!!!!!

You got what you asked for.....just like AHS06....

And you will meet the same fate as his boys did....

See yall next week.....I'll save yall some turkey ;D

Absolut

Quote from: zebrafan on November 21, 2009, 01:03:14 am
Who all scored for WC? Same for Jonesboro?

Usual suspects scored for WC. CJ Branch, Vanderbilt, Kevin Johnson, Kyle Coleman.

big tightend

U can say what u want to but yall got all u could handle. Yall couldnt stop transfers from miss county, coach didnt give them the ball enough especially #22 & #24. Tried to beat yall with soph QB, who did awesome job but pass rush was too much. Yall never stopped the run. Yall wont get past eldo.

GuvHog

Quote from: big tightend on November 21, 2009, 06:28:15 am
U can say what u want to but yall got all u could handle. Yall couldnt stop transfers from miss county, coach didnt give them the ball enough especially #22 & #24. Tried to beat yall with soph QB, who did awesome job but pass rush was too much. Yall never stopped the run. Yall wont get past eldo.

It was a very good game indeed and the Golden Hurricane have a lot to be proud of. They really left it all on the field. The 2 RBs you mentioned were very good but the one that really hurt the Cats was your QB. He's
quick as greased lightening and very very good. Y'all will definitely be a serious state title contender next year while we'll be trying to win the 5A state championship. Good luck next year!

Absolut

Man get outta here with all that garbage. All that matters was the final score 31-29. Now yall are bouncing basketballs. I have a lot of respect for Jonesboro, but I hate it when  noobs get on here and post hot gas. See ya, wouldnt want to be ya.

ricepig

Thanks, hopefully we just plug some new players in and continue on. Our QB was a soph. and made a few bad reads and decisions, but improved all year. He may not out run some of our o-line, but he was a surprise to you running the ball. I thought y'all took that away in the second half. The two RBs mentioned above only got 2 or 3 carries, they play LB and WR. When we had 2nd and goal from the two and didn't put our big back #22 at TB was a big mistake, having to settle for three there gave you some momentum.

big tightend

Absolut u r an absolute punk a** , its fans like u talking smack how u were gonna blow  jtown out, well u didnt! Yall won so u can run ur head but aint that much to brag about. u say east was weak & yall squeak out a victory. I only talk smack cause u & few others run ur heads.

gatecrasher

WHO'S DONE AND WHO'S STILL PLAYING?

In the regular season you may have a small argument....but in the playoffs all that matters is the W.

Look at it this way: you don't have to come down here and get that beatdown administered to you...;D

ricepig

Quote from: Absolut on November 21, 2009, 10:57:34 am

Man get outta here with all that garbage. All that matters was the final score 31-29. Now yall are bouncing basketballs. I have a lot of respect for Jonesboro, but I hate it when  noobs get on here and post hot gas. See ya, wouldnt want to be ya.

I'm pretty sure the basketball team has been practicing all semester, so I guess they've been doing it for awhile. If we're so weak, y'all won't stand a chance against El Do. We gave you all you wanted and you can't say you played uninspired or made mistakes. It was a good game and you may a few more plays than we did. If El Do has a power running game I could see that could give you some problem as your D-line is a little small, however I wouldn't recommend throwing a screen pass to #17 side, two great interceptions.

jdollar

ricepig

Quote from: jdollar on November 25, 2009, 01:50:37 pm
Watson Chapel takes this one.

You may be right, but I'll take Jonesboro if you will give me 3 points.  ;D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas