• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Watson Chapel @ Jonesboro

Started by big tightend, November 14, 2009, 01:24:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

big tightend

How do these teams match up? How good is Chapel's D Line?

zebrafan

Very physical team with good lines and good QBs and RBs.

gatecrasher

Remember what we did to yall in the 2nd round up there last year?

Say deja vu....cause it's about to happen again.

Yall could win a state title only if you could avoid playing South teams....;D

ricepig

You need to worry about your own house, we'll be fine.

gatecrasher

....uh....no you won't.

WC is gonna rape yall......

ricepig

gatecrasher

Ok....we'll see.

Their offensive line is gonna bludgeon yall.  CJ Branch will wear your defense out.

ricepig

If we don't turn it over or make stupid penalties, we'll be fine.

gatecrasher

If your defense can get off the field on 3rd down, you'll have a chance. If you let them sustain drives, that QB and RBs, and that offensive line will wear yall out.

Gotta make them play in 3rd and long. There's your key. If you do win, I'll bet you a steak dinner that they will have fared poorly on 3rd down.

big tightend

Any team that "fares poorly on 3rd down" will probly lose. c'mon man tell us wat we dont know.

gatecrasher

Did you pay attention to the rest of my post? Or are you just making some kind of feeble attempt at being a smart-butt?

Let me rephrase it for you:
Your defense has to play its best game of the year for you to have a chance. Otherwise, it's a repeat of what WE did to yall that frigid night up there last November....

My take: Yall ain't got a snowball's chance in Hades.  WC is better than WM, who hung half a hundred on yall not too long ago....;)

big tightend

Is it ur attempt to know something bout football cause thats a fundamental strategy. If u make 1st downs u will win! If u dont make 1st downs, its 3 and out. Usually team with most 3 and outs lose. U the one attemptin to be a smart *. Also yall had some recent success, so what. Lets see a state champ won by u kitty cats.

gatecrasher

well stand by...it's coming...

And I believe you lost all rights to talk smack about us based on our last game with yall.....54-23 was it not? ;D

Absolut

I think we will run away with this game late. Jonesboro will probably keep it a game for the 1st half. But the physical nature of our offense will wear yall down. Another thing is that the South is way stronger than the East. We have seen it all in El Dorado, Lake Hamilton, Pine Bluff. We are battle tested and the only test Jonesboro had was West Memphis and they got spanked 53-26.

gatecrasher

....and yall must do your part Absolut. We must meet for some holiday festivities.....;D

ricepig

Yep,I don't even know why we are playing this game. Surely someone will petition the AAA or get a judge to issue an injunction, I mean my goodness it is a south team playing an East team. I hope your coach and players have your attitude, that it might be close for a while, but we are from the south so they will roll over and die, think again.
If we don't shoot ourself in the foot, we will be in the game and you will know it. But you go ahead and keep thinking about you next round match up, we love it.

gatecrasher

I remember the same thing coming from up there last year.....what happened? Huh?

Chapel is too physical for yall. Wait and see.

ricepig

Quote from: gatecrasherfan on November 15, 2009, 10:04:08 am
I remember the same thing coming from up there last year.....what happened? Huh?

Chapel is too physical for yall. Wait and see.

Last year we were happy going from 2-8 to 8-2, there is a big difference in this years and last years teams. Last year we had a blocked punt, a pick 6, and an early score, it was your speed to the outside that was the difference. Let's just say we've upgraded in that department, it won't be a repeat of last years quarter finals game. But please, keep thinking it.

Absolut

I have no doubt Jonesboro is a good team. But they wont beat WC. And I think most people would agree. I mean Jonesboro schedule is very weak. The nonconference opponents are nothing to speak of. The East conference went 1-3 in the first round. That's VERY telling. (and the only win was against Sheridan, the #6 seed) Again in the biggest test of the season yall got dismantled by a W. Memphis team that's very physical and can run the ball. Well WC is even more physical and we can rush for over 300 yards any given night AND pass for over 300.

ricepig

I guess I'd better look for a judge, why don't we just go ahead and play the game for funnzies. I'm sure you need the practice.

Absolut

Just pointing out the facts bro. You can have your own opinion.

patspain

come on east...lets show em whats up..i watched film on wc and absolut you are very right..they are a physichal team that will run smash mouth football..good qb and good rb's..defense will blow your door off if you aint ready..wc is the real deal..

ricepig

Quote from: Absolut on November 15, 2009, 11:46:41 am
Just pointing out the facts bro. You can have your own opinion.

Thanks, I'll stick with my opinion. I talked to some of the kids after church and they said y'all were OK at camp this summer. We've played who was on our schedule, the WM game we played a defense, which in all honesty I doubt we will ever play again and it left us to open up the middle. We've been game planning on you all of last week and will be ready, I'm not saying we will shut you down, but we will get enough stops and we can score. I'm expecting a good hard played game and we don't have anyone who plays both ways, besides a couple of guys in certain offensive sets so we won't wear down. If your offensive line is as big as WM, then they are the second biggest in the state behind Bentonville's.

dh28

watson chapel will once again ,show the east just how tough the south really is . and pine bluff is just waiting on wm to arrive .wc33 jb 14  pb 34 wm 14

Jesusfreak

Chapel's offesive line is not that big. They are very physical though, and their offense can grind it out and can hit some big plays in the passing attack.

They may have improved since then, but Chapel's defense is not dominant, at least against the good offenses. El Do put up 36 on them, LH put up 38, and while PB only scored 20, they had a ton of yards. Their run defense is ok, but their pass defense is suspect. El Dorado had a great night passing on them. Jonesboro has a potent passing attack, so they may be able to exploit Chapel's defense.

I think this will be a high scoring game. I think Chapel will win because they have more talent and athleticism overall than Jonesboro on offense, but it would not surprise me if Jonesboro pulled off the minor upset.

ricepig

Quote from: Jesusfreak on November 15, 2009, 04:48:48 pm
Chapel's offesive line is not that big. They are very physical though, and their offense can grind it out and can hit some big plays in the passing attack.

They may have improved since then, but Chapel's defense is not dominant, at least against the good offenses. El Do put up 36 on them, LH put up 38, and while PB only scored 20, they had a ton of yards. Their run defense is ok, but their pass defense is suspect. El Dorado had a great night passing on them. Jonesboro has a potent passing attack, so they may be able to exploit Chapel's defense.

I think this will be a high scoring game. I think Chapel will win because they have more talent and athleticism overall than Jonesboro on offense, but it would not surprise me if Jonesboro pulled off the minor upset.

When have you watched Jonesboro to make your talent and athleticism claim? I'm not challenging it, just wonder what you are basing it on.

Jesusfreak

Quote from: ricepig on November 15, 2009, 05:21:35 pm

When have you watched Jonesboro to make your talent and athleticism claim? I'm not challenging it, just wonder what you are basing it on.

Ricepig, I am for one going off last years Jonesboro/El Dorado game. Jonesboro did not appear to have whole lot of real speed and athleticism, players that just stood out, other than the Shearin kid, although he was not a factor in that game. Unless they have had some transfers come in or some players have made enourmous strides in their speed training and size, they are not as talented overall as Chapel. Not saying that Jonesboro is not a good team or without talent, but Chapel has one of the best overall collection of skill position talent in the entire state, regardless of classification.

CJ Branch is a huge QB with great speed for his size and a powerful arm, and has college offers. N. Vanderbilt is the best powerback I've seen this year, around 220-225. He is a hoss. K. Johnson is another great player in their backfield, and he is a great athlete who can hurt you in multiple way. Good speed.  K. Coleman may be the top junior WR in the state, and Rivals and others have him as one of the best in the state for 2010.

Regardless, the most talented team does not always win.

big tightend

I saw jboro vs WM & i'm with ricepig if they let their LBs play off ball then i would like to see how the 2 outside backers will match up against a power run. #49 & #22 go 220lbs+ so they have some size to match up.  also, jhs has some transfers in the secondary that will help out with speed stuff. Should be good game, if jhs can score.

ricepig

Quote from: Jesusfreak on November 15, 2009, 06:20:34 pm
Quote from: ricepig on November 15, 2009, 05:21:35 pm

Ricepig, I am for one going off last years Jonesboro/El Dorado game. Jonesboro did not appear to have whole lot of real speed and athleticism, players that just stood out, other than the Shearin kid, although he was not a factor in that game. Unless they have had some transfers come in or some players have made enourmous strides in their speed training and size, they are not as talented overall as Chapel. Not saying that Jonesboro is not a good team or without talent, but Chapel has one of the best overall collection of skill position talent in the entire state, regardless of classification.

CJ Branch is a huge QB with great speed for his size and a powerful arm, and has college offers. N. Vanderbilt is the best powerback I've seen this year, around 220-225. He is a hoss. K. Johnson is another great player in their backfield, and he is a great athlete who can hurt you in multiple way. Good speed.  K. Coleman may be the top junior WR in the state, and Rivals and others have him as one of the best in the state for 2010.

Regardless, the most talented team does not always win.

6 transfers that are players in the backfield, secondary, and receiving corp. We had guys last year that were 100 and 200 meter conference champs or so, but that doesn't mean they were football players.

I know that Branch is a load as a runner and has an arm, I expect Chapel will move the ball and score some. I just hope they don't pull a WM on us and go from 3 or 4 turnovers a game to playing error free. If that happens we could be in trouble, unless we do it.  ;D

Jesusfreak

I am pretty sure Jonesboro will be able to score on Chapel's defense. If they can get a few stops on defense, and not let Chapel chew up the clock, they can win. But it will be a chore. Chapel is a very good team. Turnovers will be key, as always.

Absolut

IMO I think our defense is playing its best football over the past 4 weeks. We've only allowed 20 points in those last four games. I think we'll be just fine because we shut down one of the best passing attacks in the state in pine bluff. The teams that have given us trouble were power running teams El Dorado and Lake Hamilton. Since Lake Hamilton our secondary has gelled quite well.

gatecrasher

Well get ready for Trouble II....with a little cranberry sauce mixed in.....;)

Absolut

Gate the only reason yall beat us was because allowed a couple of long TD passes. The cornerback yall beat is no longer starting. There's no way Jonesboro or El Dorado will get those explosive plays against our secondary.

bigeldofan

ricepig

Don't be confused that we only run the spread, we can line up with a 230Lb TB and and 220LB FB. I think our challenge will be our QB making good decisions and holding on to the ball.

GuvHog

Quote from: ricepig on November 16, 2009, 03:39:30 pm
Don't be confused that we only run the spread, we can line up with a 230Lb TB and and 220LB FB. I think our challenge will be our QB making good decisions and holding on to the ball.

From what the Searcy HC said, Jonesboro's one weakness on defense
is stopping the run. That bodes well for WC since rushing is their bread and butter. There have been a few teams try to stack the line to stop
WC's rushing attack but they were done in by WC's passing attack. The
Texarkana Razorbacks have the biggest OLine in the 6A south and they
still couldn't run the ball on WC. Chapel has made Improvement in their
defensive secondary since they played LH, ELDO, and PB as well.

ricepig

Quote from: GuvHog on November 16, 2009, 08:53:08 pm

is stopping the run. That bodes well for WC since rushing is their bread and butter. There have been a few teams try to stack the line to stop

Yep, Searcy rushed 38 times for 94 yards against Jonesboro, looks like we had trouble. We did get gashed by WM, but were in a defense we haven't played since, also had 39 missed tackles and 65 missed alignments. Needless to say we weren't prepared to play the defense we were in that night, probably should have stayed with our base D. We'll have our hands full with Branch and #13, but I like our chances. I'm more concerned with his arm and Wr's getting deep, he appears to have a cannon.

gatecrasher

Absolut....we had 7 big plays in that game (big play-plays of 20 yds or more)

We have had big plays in the passing game every week. We will have more against yall....

You better have help over the top....you don't have anyone who can cover Murphy and Miles one on one.

GuvHog

November 16, 2009, 11:12:16 pm #38 Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 11:14:01 pm by GuvHog
Quote from: ricepig on November 16, 2009, 09:14:18 pm
Quote from: GuvHog on November 16, 2009, 08:53:08 pm

is stopping the run. That bodes well for WC since rushing is their bread
and butter. There have been a few teams try to stack the line to stop

Yep, Searcy rushed 38 times for 94 yards against Jonesboro, looks like we had trouble. We did get gashed by WM, but were in a defense we haven't played since, also had 39 missed tackles and 65 missed alignments. Needless to say we weren't prepared to play the defense we were in that night, probably should have stayed with our base D. We'll have our hands full with Branch and #13, but I like our chances. I'm more concerned with his arm and Wr's getting deep, he appears to have a cannon.

Searcy rushed for 94 yards against Jonesboro eh?? You do realize that Searcy was held to only 16 yards rushing against WC don't you?? WC stuffed them all night long. They did get lucky on a few passes in the first quarter though.

ricepig

I have no idea what Searcy did against you, just saying 94 yards isn't giving up much. Just putting the coaches comments in context, just keep thinking it will be a walk in the park. May be you should spend this week working on your El Do game plan.

Absolut

Clay Murphy against Mitch Lane. That's a shutdown for WC. Kyle Coleman or Antonio Jenkins against Miles. We'll put him in check. Yall better pick on some other defenders because those three I just named are All Staters.

GuvHog

November 17, 2009, 12:05:14 pm #41 Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 08:18:09 pm by GuvHog
Quote from: ricepig on November 16, 2009, 11:31:54 pm
I have no idea what Searcy did against you, just saying 94 yards isn't giving up much. Just putting the coaches comments in context, just keep thinking it will be a walk in the park. May be you should spend this week working on your El Do game plan.

I didn't say it was going to be a walk in the part. I haven't made any predictions and I won't. I do like WC's chances though considering that the Searcy HC said that WC's defense was by far the best defense his team had faced all year and that includes West Memphis.

Absolut

Quote from: GuvHog on November 17, 2009, 12:05:14 pm

I didn't say it was going to be a walk in the part, Absolut said that. I haven't made any predictions and I won't. I do like WC's chances though considering that the Searcy HC said that WC's defense was by far the best defense his team had faced all year and that includes West Memphis.

When did I say it would be a walk in the park?

gatecrasher

Quote from: Absolut on November 17, 2009, 01:00:42 am
Clay Murphy against Mitch Lane. That's a shutdown for WC. Kyle Coleman or Antonio Jenkins against Miles. We'll put him in check. Yall better pick on some other defenders because those three I just named are All Staters.
And?

We got yall before....and from what I saw you ain't doing anything different now than you were in week 4....

I got the name of a good grief counselor if you need one after we beat yall again...;D

GuvHog

Quote from: Absolut on November 17, 2009, 03:56:29 pm
Quote from: GuvHog on November 17, 2009, 12:05:14 pm

I didn't say it was going to be a walk in the part, Absolut said that. I haven't made any predictions and I won't. I do like WC's chances though considering that the Searcy HC said that WC's defense was by far the best defense his team had faced all year and that includes West Memphis.

When did I say it would be a walk in the park?

My apologies, I changed my post.

noonerricky

Ive got Watson Chapel in this one b/c they are in a tougher conference and a better team.

Absolut

Anybody know the address of the stadium? Is it at the high school?

ricepig

Quote from: Absolut on November 18, 2009, 06:09:56 pm
Anybody know the address of the stadium? Is it at the high school?

Yep, it's at the high school, just keep coming on 49. it turns into Southwest Drive, which turns into Main St., it's all the same.

Absolut

How's practice going at Jonesboro? What are the kids attitudes toward the game Friday? It should be a good game ricepig.

gatecrasher

Absolut....

Yall are gonna blow them out....wait and see...

I smell it...;)

The South rules....;D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas