• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Texarkana at El Dorado II

Started by gatecrasher, November 13, 2009, 10:21:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Texarkana_Piggie

according to our announcers (take that fwiw) sounds like we are getting hosed on some calls and non-calls by the officials.

Outside_Looking_In

what do you expect your announcers to say? Their coach made adjustments and ours didnt? They have outplayed ya'll in this half

Texarkana_Piggie

final  31-15 ed.  congrats and good luck the rest of the way!

Texarkana_Piggie

they say that.  they have no problem talking about adjustments.  there were a couple of late hits then that fumble that one ref was signaling as an incomplete pass and another ruled a fumble without ever consulting each other were the calls they were griping about. 

Outside_Looking_In

They did confur about that fumble. It was ruled a catch them fumble after the hit. 2 refs discussed it. Good 1st half and good luck next year. What grade is that Hillis kid in? I hope he was a Sr.

Eldocatfan

Good game, Texarkana.  Y'all kicked our butts in the first half and we kicked yall's in the second half. Great game.  Had me really worried for a bit.

Throwback

We finally decided we had to do something with Hillis, like key on him and make a tackle!!!

gatecrasher

Good job by Texarkana in the first half. They pretty much owned us.

I told everyone within earshot of me that we HAD to take the 2nd half kickoff and shove it down their throats, that nothing else was acceptable.

That is exactly what we did. 11 plays, and 75 yards. And one of Texarkana's fans on the visitors side, and my brother as well, said that the ball crossed the plane of the goal line on Reed's sneak.

I thought we played the 2nd half like we were capable of doing. We made adjustments all the way around at the half. I thought we were bad out of sync offensively in the first half.

And who is #95 for the Hogs? The kid played a whale of a ballgame...couple of sacks, several tackles. He disrupted a lot of what we tried to do. 

That said, it's same Bat Time, same Bat Channel. Once again we welcome Watson Chapel to our holiday festivities....just like last year.

We plan on being less than hospitable....;)

Txk_Hawg

ED, you had a whole lot of help in the game from both Texarkana and the officials.

The radio guys were right, there were a lot of no calls in ED's favor.

We should have taken care of business in the first half and put you away but didn't.

You still won't get a ring this year, you will lose to WC or PB.

gatecrasher

We kicked your butts in the 2nd half. Own up to it.

You had your chances in the first half and didn't capitalize. That's football.

Outside_Looking_In

Quote from: Txk_Hawg on November 21, 2009, 01:39:56 am
ED, you had a whole lot of help in the game from both Texarkana and the officials.

The radio guys were right, there were a lot of no calls in ED's favor.

We should have taken care of business in the first half and put you away but didn't.

You still won't get a ring this year, you will lose to WC or PB.

Kinda funny that everytime a team loses its always the refs fault. The refs didnt let EL Do block a punt and an extra point did they? They made adjustments at half time and yall didnt, its that simple

Texarkana_Piggie

hillis is a jr.  so is harris, our qb.  #95 is trenell moore.  also a jr.  we have (well...had) a lot of jr starters.

xtremewildcat

I'm not surprised you guys are in denial. Your talking about a group of people, who after taking a 7 point lead in the first quarter, started chanting: OVER RATED, OVER RATED, OVER RATED. That was real smart!!!

I have a lot of respect for AHS football. But darn, you people have serious problems. We just kicked y'all a.. three times in a row and y'all still got delusional thoughts that y'all should have won those games. I told you we would do y'all a favor and hand out basketballs last night. And we did.

Hey Gate,
Start a new thread about the game next week. ED fans, let them have this thread to cry and moan. Jeeez.

Razorback121

November 21, 2009, 09:50:32 am #113 Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 10:02:23 am by Razorback121
The overrated chant was very premature. That was stupid. Some thoughts about the game..

-We OWNED the first half, but our special teams cost us bad.
-The visitors side fans for El Dorado were very rude, probably some of the worst I've ever seen. Chanting things while a player is injured on the field. Classless.
-We quit doing what was working. Why did we start passing so much?
-Pretty sure El Dorado got 4 timeouts in the first half.
-The refs were slighted against us...but it didn't really cost us the game.
-The chain gang was a yard ahead all night in ED's favor...not lying.
-Jaq Miles is pretty good. shifty runner. Murphy has good hands.
-El Dorado will win state if they play the way they did in the 2nd half, but I see them getting beat because they can't seem to play 4 quarters like that.

gatecrasher

You're in denial.

I told yall the worst thing to happen to everyone was us losing to Pine Bluff. Texarkana outplayed us in the first half, but we were not there on offense. I knew that on the first play. We couldn't even get a QB/RB exchange right.

Gatecrasher, xtreme, bigeldo, and the rest of us are two wins away from owning a piece of this 6A board.......;D

Razorback121

Quote from: gatecrasherfan on November 21, 2009, 10:40:20 am
You're in denial.

I told yall the worst thing to happen to everyone was us losing to Pine Bluff. Texarkana outplayed us in the first half, but we were not there on offense. I knew that on the first play. We couldn't even get a QB/RB exchange right.

Gatecrasher, xtreme, bigeldo, and the rest of us are two wins away from owning a piece of this 6A board.......;D

I'm not in denial. El Dorado did the things to win 2nd half. We didn't. We got beat. Season Over.
It was a really good game for 3 quarters.

Wish I could say good luck ED, but I can't after the behavior of your fans. I hope Lake Hamilton repeats or Pine Bluff wins.

gatecrasher

A lot of our "redneck" fans sit in that section. Lots of drinking in that section. Sadly, some of those idiots don't know any better.

I walked to the visitors side last night and as soon as I walked up the stairs i immediately encountered a fan I wanted to knock into next month.  i loudly told him "EXCUSE ME." He was standing in the aisle, loudly unable to stand on his feet....

I'm sorry that you had to experience that bro....

Razorback121

There's a difference between heckling the other team and acting downright classless.

I'd imagine that's probably why they sit on the visitors side, because if they sat on the home side, they'd be ran off by the classy ED fans. I wouldn't want our fans in Texarkana to act like that..

Everything else was okay. Y'all have a pretty big student section.

xtremewildcat

We use to have a policy that no home fans could sit on the visitor's side. Unless we sold out the home side. I knew it was crowded, but I didn't think it was sold out. I apologize for the ignaps that were disrespectful. I now understand fully why our AD had that policy in the past. I will talk to our new AD, I will see if we can do something about that.

AHS06

Congrats ElDorado yes you guys beat us. This was a mirror of  the last meeting. Second half yall had a lot of calls go your way. We beat yall in stats again and lost the game. Yall keep bragN about your team being young Tex is full of underclassmen also and it showed. Just like the first meeting we were out coached and that #15 was the difference maker in this game as well. Those backs yall got are weak if they would hit the hole they would be a force. Hillis only had 6 touches in the second half dont know why miller didnt stick with what was working we had yall completely off balance. All that said we lost BUT SORRY WILDCAT FANS I DONT SEE YALL BEATING CHAPEL OR PB. GO ZEBRAS WIN STATE

gatecrasher

The most important stat....

El Dorado 31 Texarkana 14.

That's all that matters and if we play next week like we played the 2nd half and we will be back at WMS....

AHS06

If you all play like you did in second half you will probably get past chapel. Eldorado seems to be a second half team in order to take state you will need to be a full four quarters team.  We just gave you guys to many gifts cant do that against a good team. The refs made bad calls but we allowed two punt blocks and a field goal to be blocked. Good luck but still seeing you guys twice i dont like your chances at state. Yeah some of those fans from eldo were about to get it from me last night they were quit in the first half.

xtremewildcat

Quote from: AHS06 on November 21, 2009, 04:08:38 pm
If you all play like you did in second half you will probably get past chapel. Eldorado seems to be a second half team in order to take state you will need to be a full four quarters team.  We just gave you guys to many gifts cant do that against a good team. The refs made bad calls but we allowed two punt blocks and a field goal to be blocked. Good luck but still seeing you guys twice i dont like your chances at state. Yeah some of those fans from eldo were about to get it from me last night they were quit in the first half.

Wrong, well kinda. ED is a one half team. "I" have not seen them play a full game all year. They drove NLR the first half of that game and totally collapsed in the forth quarter. We scored 7 in three plays when we played Magnolia. Lead 17 to 0. Then preceded to shut it down. Go figure. When we played PB, I kept telling people that if we didn't get mercy rule in the first half, we would come back and win the game. Almost happen.

gatecrasher

We'll be allright. Count on it.

Watson Chapel is about to find out what's up....

bigeldofan

so what you tex fans are saying is you don't think that tex would win state either. what is ironic is that after the game the tex players were congratulating eldo and telling them they would win state. its amazing that the fans aren't as classy as the team. and as far as y'all being tough next year yea you will be but so will we our jv team went to tex this year and spanked them.

Jesusfreak

Congrats to El Dorado! They overcame a very lackluster first half (except for great special teams play, which kept the game very close) and an inspired Texarkana squad and took complete control of the game in the 2nd half and dominated. Congrats to Texarkana for playing tough. They were a worthy playoff team.

I was on the visitor side, and most El Do fans who sit there do it because the home side is so crowded usually. If you want to get something from the concession stand you miss a whole qtr, etc. While there are always a couple of bad apples everywhere, overall the El Dorado fans were not bad. I didn't hear anyone chanting about a player getting injured, but if so that is wrong, totally.

However, I will say that the El Do fans on the visitor side are almost always courteous to visitors. My and my cousins sat by a pair of Texarkana fans that I had met the first game, and we got along well, and shook hands before and after the game. But, I will have to point out that certain Texarkana fans started talking trash and got the whole thing kicked off when Texarkana was winning earlier in the game (overrated! Etc. Etc.), and received the same treatment in return when El Do buried Tex. in the 2nd half. They also did that in the first game as well. You would think that they would know that you never do that chant unless the game is well in hand. El Do fans almost never heckle the visitors like they did last night, and I go to all the games and almost always sit on the visitor side. And the heckling was directed at a handful of Tex. fans that were giving El Do fans grief first, and I saw that the El Do fans that were heckling also went and shook hands with the Tex. fans after the game to show it was all in fun.

Anyway, with both teams returning a load of players next season, Chapel leaving, PB losing most of their stars after this season, El DO and Texarkana could be the top 2 teams in the conference next year.

AHS06

Quote from: bigeldofan on November 21, 2009, 08:07:05 pm
so what you tex fans are saying is you don't think that tex would win state either. what is ironic is that after the game the tex players were congratulating eldo and telling them they would win state. its amazing that the fans aren't as classy as the team. and as far as y'all being tough next year yea you will be but so will we our jv team went to tex this year and spanked them.
Our JV went to Eldorado and spanked yall and yes yall came here like the last game and won.  WHO CARES ABOUT JV GAMES *THE JV TEAM THIS YEAR BEAT TEXAS HIGH* THEY WERE SIMILAR TO YOUR VARSITY TEAM THEy WERE UNDEFEATED AND LOST THE LAST GAME OF THE SEASON TO YOU GUYS.  I don't know about the other Tex fans I can only speak for myself, but yes I will say that we would NOT win state this year.  We probably  could beat either wc or pb but we would not beat both of them to take state we are not a state team this year.  I like our chances next year.  Good luck Wildcats if you win I will first to congrat you guys.

OUSoonersOU

Texarkana played a great game, but El Dorado is that good.

Texarkana_Piggie

anyone who honestly thought ahs would win state this year was a delusional homer.  we were no where near that level this year.  honestly, i was surprised we survived round one of the playoffs.

OUSoonersOU

Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on November 21, 2009, 10:24:41 pm
anyone who honestly thought ahs would win state this year was a delusional homer.  we were no where near that level this year.  honestly, i was surprised we survived round one of the playoffs.

Can you believe Dennis Johnson? He is ridiculous! Ever see him live in H.S. at A.H.S?

Jesusfreak

He sure gave El Do a lot of grief during his career at Texarkana. I think everyone in the conference breathed a sigh of relief when he finally graduated!

bigeldofan

no eldo came to y'all early season because it was raining and jv beat y'all bad. then the last game at eldo we barely beat you.you better check it out.

AHS06

Well however it turned out it doesn't matter guy its JV that means that they beat everyone except yall but i thought they won the first game. See you guys next year at Razorback Country. Should be a good one, yall are finally liveN up to the rival. We are returning a lot of starters as well. Tex fans are just kind of excited to see how the head coach will be next year. Miller only had a one year contract. Will they keep him or go after someone else? Good luck Wild Kittens maybe next year you will play us for state because this is PB year.

bigeldofan

you are wrong again guy. they want get past lh guy.

Texarkana_Piggie

Quote from: OUSoonersOU on November 21, 2009, 11:31:49 pm

Can you believe Dennis Johnson? He is ridiculous! Ever see him live in H.S. at A.H.S?

yes he is.  i watched him "live" for 3 years at ahs.  he made watching ahs football fun again.

Sportswindbag

Have to say that Texarkana should definitely keep their coach.  He had a great game plan Friday night.  El Dorado just made some brilliant plays.  The Razorbacks do need to get a better deep snapper though.

Texarkana_Piggie

miller is the ad and like he said, only signed a 1 yr contract.  when keopple left, we were in the middle of some other stuff in our district and a big coaching search was not high priority.  now that the season is over and things are a little more settled, they may go out looking for someone.  plus, our current administration is not as 'into' the importance of the athletic program as the former administration was.  the old super would throw all kinds of money at athletics to make it the best around (see the half mil dropped on the turf plus the new offices and baseball fields) but this admin is not like that.

gatecrasher

If that trend continues the football program is going to take a hit.....It would be bad for the conference and for the Wildcats too.....

I have many many memories of El Dorado/Texarkana over the nearly 30 years I have been involved with El Dorado football....both good and bad...

I want to see that continue....

Texarkanabroadcast

Here is what I think about the game.

1. AHS Special teams were atrocious, worst since the beginning of the year.

2. The problem was not that Reed crossed the goal line,
    he certainly finally did. The problem was his forward 
    momentum had been stopped a good 5 seconds
    before he was finally pushed into endzone, whistled
    should have blowm long before he crosses line.

3.  I believe it was the very next possession that AHS
     QB was obviously hit out of bounds late- no
     personal foul call.

4.  Then the incomplete pass or catch and fumble, I
    did not have instant replay, it may have indeed
     been a fumble, but what was bad was the official
     closest to the play was signaling incomplete and
     the other two would not even look his way or 
     consult with him.

5.   With all that said El Dorado out played AHS
      completely in the second half and won the 
      game.

6.    As I said prior to the game I hope El Dorado
       wins it all.

7.    But it would not completely surprise me to see
       an all Pine Bluff final.  WC vs Pine Bluff.

8.    Good Luck El Dorado.

9.   Thanks AHS for a great finish to the   
      season             

johndood18

I agree, this team had some talent but wasnt a championship caliber team. I mean last year we had a very, very good team i believe. With lackey, johnson, bigham, huntley and some of those graduated lineman that team had the talent but just couldnt get it together. Hopefully next years class can get back to WMS

gatecrasher

....the loaded Wildcat team returning next year will have something to say about that.....;)

AHS06

Quote from: gatecrasherfan on November 23, 2009, 10:33:03 pm
....the loaded Wildcat team returning next year will have something to say about that.....;)
And so will this Razorback team, remember you come to Razorback Country and we will love sending you guys home just like you did if we meet in the playoffs.  FYI can't say state because Chapel is going to take care of all that friday.  Go Zebras take state.

gatecrasher

Uh....yeah we are too.

They ain't coming to our house and winning.

And don't hate just because we slapped yall clean into basketball season....;D

dh28

Quote from: AHS06 on November 24, 2009, 11:20:22 am
Quote from: gatecrasherfan on November 23, 2009, 10:33:03 pm
And so will this Razorback team, remember you come to Razorback Country and we will love sending you guys home just like you did if we meet in the playoffs.  FYI can't say state because Chapel is going to take care of all that friday.  Go Zebras take state.

gatecrasher

...and we'll beat you....again.

We'll have the state's best quarterback (Taylor Reed), our entire starting backfield, and all but one offensive lineman back on the offensive side of the football.

Defensively, we're gonna be ridiculously good in the secondary. We'll have to replace all of our starting LBs, but we'll be ok.

We don't rebuild anymore. We simply reload. Look at us this year....and we still have a state title to win....

AHS06

Time will tell next year Gate.  Keyword: Next Year.  Focus on the real wildcats coming to town this week and stomping on that mess you guys have at midfield.  Your QB is not that good to tell you the truth he is very average. We are returning our QB the same running backs that killed you guys both games this year with OL Line.  We will be replacing our secondary also.  Our team this year was full of sophs, and jrs.  YOU MAY WANNA CHILL OUT YOU ARE TURNING INTO A WM TYPE POSTER.  WOULD HATE FOR YOU TO HAVE TO EAT ALL THOSE UP THIS YEAR AND NEXT. LOL!!!!! 

bigeldofan

ahs06 there is lots of envy in your post. yes taylor reed is a very good qb he dosent make dumb mistakes he manages the game well and he drawed yall off sides how many times this year. 2 the last game.

AHS06

Reed is a average QB.  Wow he was able to draw some young players offsides.  LOL that makes him a great QB, or is it our coaches and our players not having decipline.  He made a lot of wild throws, he can not handle pressure.  #15 Murphy is a great receiver who makes your QB look ok because he is able to run after those balls.  THE QUESTION IS HOW MANY TIMES HE WAS SACKED THE LAST GAME AND THE FIRST GAME LOL I LOST COUNT.  Go Zebras!!!

Jesusfreak

The college scouts will disagree with you about Reed. He will almost certainly have numerous D1 offers before he graduates.

He played his worst half of football all season in the first half of the Texarkana game. However, he was on in the 2nd half and ripped the Texarkana defense. The interception he threw on the last play of the 1st half was the 1st interception he threw since week 3! Not a single INT ALL conference play. He is a true QB, not just an athlete taking snaps like some other teams have.

And he can handle pressure. No matter how many times he was sacked, he did not try to force the ball, but took the sack and went to the next play.

And Texarkana's RB did not "kill" El Dorado. He had a decent 1st half, but was held to a total of 2 yrds on around 6 attempts in the 2nd half. He had less than 90 yds for the game.

AHS06

Quote from: Jesusfreak on November 25, 2009, 12:22:48 pm
The college scouts will disagree with you about Reed. He will almost certainly have numerous D1 offers before he graduates.

He played his worst half of football all season in the first half of the Texarkana game. However, he was on in the 2nd half and ripped the Texarkana defense. The interception he threw on the last play of the 1st half was the 1st interception he threw since week 3! Not a single INT ALL conference play. He is a true QB, not just an athlete taking snaps like some other teams have.

And he can handle pressure. No matter how many times he was sacked, he did not try to force the ball, but took the sack and went to the next play.

And Texarkana's RB did not "kill" El Dorado. He had a decent 1st half, but was held to a total of 2 yrds on around 6 attempts in the 2nd half. He had less than 90 yds for the game.
Our RB had 100 on 18 carries, and you are right he only had 6 attempts in the second half thats on the coaches.  Like I said if it was not for Clay murphy  the game would have been a little different.  Your QB just threw the ball up and he went after it, he is the real deal, well our coaches would not do anything to stop it, we had yall done many times and all you had to do is throw to murphy lol and he got it.  REED WILL MAYBE GET D-1 OFFERS FROM THE SMALLER SCHOOLS IF YOU GUYS TAKE STATE. GO LUCK BUT THIS IS THE ZEBRAS YEAR.  AND WE GOT YALL NUMBERED NEXT YEAR

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas