• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Texarkana at El Dorado II

Started by gatecrasher, November 13, 2009, 10:21:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gatecrasher

This is what yall wanted....AHS06....

You should have been more careful for what you wished for. We've won 11 in a row at home and frankly, we ain't losing at home.....

Let er rip! ;D

A-High Grad

THis is when is counts A-High. Coach Miller, Go kill them THEE Cats!!

AHS06

Quote from: gatecrasherfan on November 13, 2009, 10:21:37 pm
This is what yall wanted....AHS06....

You should have been more careful for what you wished for. We've won 11 in a row at home and frankly, we ain't losing at home.....

Let er rip! ;D
I told you we would meet again.  Sounds like you are afriad my wish came true.  We have some unfinished business with your house cats.  You barely won by 1 point in the last meeting, eldo fans as well as tex knew that was our game.  It is very hard to beat a team the second time around.  YOU GUYS ARE THE LAST YEAR PB ZEBRAS.  THEY BEAT CHAPEL IN THE SEASON, LOST THEIR LAST REGULAR GAME, AND LOST TO CHAPEL IN THE PLAYOFFS.  ELDORADO LOST TO PB, BEAT TEX IN THE SEASON, BUT WILL TO TEX IN THE PLAYOFFS

gatecrasher

It's November.....and you don't have anything resembling 06-07....and like I said, we haven't lost at home since week 2 of last season....

It ain't happenin next week.....

gatecrasher

You're comparing apples to oranges....

We're ready for yall now....you will wish we had beaten Pine Bluff.....it's an angry and focused bunch of Wildcats that you will face next week....

gatecrasher

We're ready for yall now....you will wish we had beaten Pine Bluff.....it's an angry and focused bunch of Wildcats that you will face next week....

gatecrasher

Eldocatfan

AH506, I'm having a bit of a problem understanding your post as your grammar, punctuation, etc. is all over the place.  I did get the idea that you said El Dorado fans knew that Texarkana should have won the game.  Well, I am an El Dorado fan and that was not my thoughts at all.  Please speak for yourself and not for anyone from El Dorado. Actually, you should probably speak for no one but yourself.

MrsTayla

The only person that wishes eldo had beat pb is you gate....but, that's apples and oranges again, right? Oh and that game with pb did eldo sit its starters??? Cause surely that was the only reason your team lost, right?

Eldocatfan

Quote from: MrsTayla on November 13, 2009, 10:45:07 pm
The only person that wishes eldo had beat pb is you gate....but, that's apples and oranges again, right? Oh and that game with pb did eldo sit its starters??? Cause surely that was the only reason your team lost, right?
Excuse me!  Gate is not the only El Dorado fan here who wishes they had beaten Pine Bluff.  For the record, I think us losing to Pine Bluff may have been the best thing that could have happened!

gatecrasher

Pine Bluff? Huh?
What?
Oh that was last week?
We don't remember that....

In layman's terms, it means that our kids have amnesia about the loss, yet at the same time took a valuable lesson from the game as a young team....

And by the way, all those gadget plays they used in the first half against us....better leave them alone if we meet again.....I just found out tonight about the Wildcat, double reverses, etc.....

Txk_Hawg

ED is coming off a loss and a bye week, that's a good combination for a let down.

And why does ED let their fans sit on the visitor's side, all they just asking for trouble?

Eldocatfan

Quote from: Txk_Hawg on November 13, 2009, 11:30:12 pm
ED is coming off a loss and a bye week, that's a good combination for a let down.

And why does ED let their fans sit on the visitor's side, all they just asking for trouble?
Maybe because we have so many fans that we fill up the home side and then go to the visitors side.  Ya think?!

gatecrasher

Ya....a drunk WC fan tried to start some crap with me when we played back in September....but I actually felt sorry for him.....too short, old, and he could barely stand up.

i usually sit on the home side, but I go to the visitors side to see friends and family. Plus, the line at the concession stand is not nearly as long. With me getting off work and having to drive from Mountain Pine, the concession stand usually winds up where I eat supper at....

thebigshot

Here is my 2 cents like it matters. I'm a die-hard El Dorado fan always will be but being 9-1 don't mean nothing in playoffs. We (El Dorado) had a tough time with Texarkana the first time 14-13 win. I don't like playing Texarkana and never will. They are a tough team to beat and they will find a way to win during the 4th qt. Both teams have came a long way since we last played each other. I'm going to admit this game scares me a lot more then any other game we played...  It's going be a close game just like the first meeting.

OUSoonersOU

Texarkana gets it done against El Dorado. They prove why they are back to back state champions, and show El Dorado what big time Arkansas Playoff football with Big Programs is about.

Texarkana 23
El Dorado 20

AHS06

Quote from: thebigshot on November 14, 2009, 12:56:35 am
Here is my 2 cents like it matters. I'm a die-hard El Dorado fan always will be but being 9-1 don't mean nothing in playoffs. We (El Dorado) had a tough time with Texarkana the first time 14-13 win. I don't like playing Texarkana and never will. They are a tough team to beat and they will find a way to win during the 4th qt. Both teams have came a long way since we last played each other. I'm going to admit this game scares me a lot more then any other game we played...  It's going be a close game just like the first meeting.

Good post man

gatecrasher

It will probably be a good ballgame.....

But we will be playing during the holiday weekend....

AHS06

Quote from: gatecrasherfan on November 13, 2009, 10:32:23 pm
It's November.....and you don't have anything resembling 06-07....and like I said, we haven't lost at home since week 2 of last season....

It ain't happenin next week.....
Your right its Nov. now. Did't say we were the 06-07 team. Eldorado is not that team either. I dont see how you think you guys are the only team that has improved and made adjustments. We match up well and even though that game was long time ago. The players and fans of Tex remember.

gatecrasher

You and everyone else knows that if we play 4 quarters that you won't win...

I appreciate your passion though.....

We've only had 2 games this year where we've played 4 full quarters: WC and Lake Hamilton....and we're still 9-1.

The worst thing for yall, and anyone else we face is that we lost to Pine Bluff.

Razorback121

While El Dorado is mad about their loss to Pine Bluff, we're mad about the 1 point giveaway to ED. In 2007, we lost to Lake Hamilton in the regular season and beat them in the Championship game. It is tough to beat a team twice the same year. Also, last night one of our starting receivers was carried off on a stretcher and our guys are playing for him.

Tex 21
ED  17

AHS06

Gate your right your guys are 9-1 and somehow manage an outright conference title without playing four quarters.  That is going to be the reason you guys lose. Yall dont know how to put to a team away and play a full game.  Do you really think yall can beat wc and tex again then beat PB? Thats the difference in our back to back state teams and LH last year we rolled our opponents and played like champs not eldo.

xtremewildcat

Quote from: AHS06 on November 14, 2009, 10:47:07 am
Gate your right your guys are 9-1 and somehow manage an outright conference title without playing four quarters.  That is going to be the reason you guys lose. Yall dont know how to put to a team away and play a full game.  Do you really think yall can beat wc and tex again then beat PB? Thats the difference in our back to back state teams and LH last year we rolled our opponents and played like champs not eldo.

Didn't LH lose to PB last year. PB actually scored a record breaking 70+ points on LH.
Also, didn't LH beat DJ and the crew when they "rolled up everybody" a few years ago, on their way to a state title?

gatecrasher

One more thing: we're a young team. You'll have to deal with 16 returning starters next year....

So in essence, you better beat us now if you can....

And nobody's mad about losing to PB. Certainly not our kids. Ever heard of amnesia??

Good teams have it.....

Based on continually bringing up your moral win against us it looks like you don't...

bigeldofan

tex will not beat eldo. eldo did not play with passion the last time. line backers  were not 100 percent now they are. tex played with passion and still got beat. they go home after next week sorry.

gatecrasher

...our running game wasn't what it is now either. Our starting RB wasn't 100%....

The Jonesboro team we beat 54-23 this week last year was better than this Razorback team. Not saying we will win by that margin, but we're in a much better position this year......

johndood18

Quote from: xtremewildcat on November 14, 2009, 11:30:59 am
Quote from: AHS06 on November 14, 2009, 10:47:07 am

Didn't LH lose to PB last year. PB actually scored a record breaking 70+ points on LH.
Also, didn't LH beat DJ and the crew when they "rolled up everybody" a few years ago, on their way to a state title?
[/quote

The game LH won, DJ had a sprained ankle and was maybe 60% and had to come out in the first half of the game

johndood18

Quote from: gatecrasherfan on November 14, 2009, 12:50:18 pm
...our running game wasn't what it is now either. Our starting RB wasn't 100%....

The Jonesboro team we beat 54-23 this week last year was better than this Razorback team. Not saying we will win by that margin, but we're in a much better position this year......

Last years El Dorado's team isn't as good as the one this year. None of the teams in all of 6a are really better except for watson chapel. The conference had alot more talent last year

gatecrasher

Better team? Ya...you're probably right, considering how young we are, and still able to win this tough league outright.

It's gonna take a total team effort to win this championship, but I believe our team is up to the task, especially after the loss to Pine Bluff.

westmem

this will be the most boring game in arkansas these 2 team sucks

gatecrasher

You'll see how bored you get after Pine Bluff ends your season next week...

4 SOUTH TEAMS IN THE SEMIS.....which guarantees us an all- South championship game for the 3rd consecutive year.....

Sorry westmem......;D

AHS06

Quote from: gatecrasherfan on November 14, 2009, 05:35:32 pm
You'll see how bored you get after Pine Bluff ends your season next week...

4 SOUTH TEAMS IN THE SEMIS.....which guarantees us an all- South championship game for the 3rd consecutive year.....

Sorry westmem......;D
Very good post.  The truth and the facts hurt.

westmem

lol!!!!!! pinebluff don't have a chance

gatecrasher

November 14, 2009, 08:11:45 pm #33 Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 08:13:29 pm by gatecrasherfan
Really?

They punched our boys in the mouth....that was a game they had to win in order to establish themselves as a threat to win the title.....I admit I had my doubts about them, especially defensively. But they have to be considered a favorite for the title...

And they will spank WM*.....count on it....

You will need psychatric therapy after Friday night....

westmem

wm gonin to spank pinebluff and lh than we goin to stomp on them THEE Cats

gatecrasher

Go ahead and keep on dreamin bro....

One of those teams is gonna beat yall.....but I think it will be Pine Bluff.

You will then see a rematch of last year's state title game.

johndood18

Quote from: gatecrasherfan on November 14, 2009, 05:27:28 pm
Better team? Ya...you're probably right, considering how young we are, and still able to win this tough league outright.

It's gonna take a total team effort to win this championship, but I believe our team is up to the task, especially after the loss to Pine Bluff.

Yah i mixed mixed my words up i meant the team last year was better. But i agree, as a texarkana fan, to win the league you must be a talented team and probably the frontrunner for the state title

Absolut

Im really interested in knowing how this game turns out. El Dorado better not lose focus for one second against this Texarkana team. El Do should win, but if they give Texarkana confidence and their QB Harris takes over the game it could get interesting.

Absolut

Gate I know we supposed to have a rematch, but is it ok for me to root for Texarkana? I want another home game. Lol.

gatecrasher

You have two choices: another home game, or beat the best and go to WMS that way.....

Which would be more satisfying?

Absolut

It would be satisfying if we make it to WMS regardless. If it's us against El Dorado again then that's fine. I don't think yall want any part of us again. We're the one team standing in your way.

bigeldofan

i agree i don,t think we want to play yall but i don,t think yall want us again either.

gatecrasher

Our kids will play anyone. The consensus is that they are expecting to hear that WC is coming to town for Thanksgiving.....

We beat yall once....and we'll beat yall one more time.....

Don't worry....you'll be a state title contender in 5A...;D

xtremewildcat

Hootens have us as a ten point favorite. I don't know about that. I will say, I do feel better about this game because we have Ford and Miles at running back. Remember, last time Ford was out and Miles didn't play as much as he does now because he fumbled the ball a lot, in practice.

Texarkanabroadcast

I agree with Hootens that El Dorado should be favored, the Wildcats have had a very impressive year at 9-1.

However with that said Texarkana and El Dorado almost always play very competitive and close games whether the game is in T-Town or El Dorado. The game earlier this year was no exception.

You guys having all your players in will make a big difference, but we are different as well.

Chuck Hillis has become a big force at running back, where he was only in for a couple of series back last month and even though you could not tell it much last week our passing game has come a long way.

So I really look for a good game which could go either way, but yes El Dorado is and should be the favorite.

GO HOGS!!!!!!

Texarkanabroadcast

Also, whats the field conditions, I have heard the grass has never recovered from the games and all the rain last month?????

You guys need to get the turf!!!!!!!!

DEBO64ETOWN

xtremewildcat

Quote from: Texarkanabroadcast on November 17, 2009, 07:59:29 am
Also, whats the field conditions, I have heard the grass has never recovered from the games and all the rain last month?????

You guys need to get the turf!!!!!!!!

Can we borrow some money. We are trying to, but the cost is $650,000.

Texarkanabroadcast

Yes I know its expensive and it was highly debated and not easy to get it ok'd.

As you know they say it will pay for itself in the end.

It makes a huge difference when you get to this time of the year. I know PB was probably elated that the game this year was played in Texarkana on the turf back last month when it was soooo  wet.

Hope Friday nights game is one to remember!!!

bigeldofan

i am sure tex and eldo will give people their moneys worth. i would love to get turf but the supt claims it  cost 35000.00 for water, lawnfertilizer,mowing and salaries to take care of it for a year and the turf will only last for 7 to ten years. we need more info if anybody has any.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas