• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Searcy at Watson Chapel

Started by zebrafan, November 09, 2009, 06:59:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

zebrafan

GuvHog

Quote from: zebrafan on November 09, 2009, 06:59:16 pm
Thoughts on this on????

WC wins BIIIIIG to remain undefeated at home this year.

zebrafan

That's weird I didn't know I put a frown face.....I'll say WC 38-7.
Is Chapel still using Branch as a RB on occasions?

GuvHog

Quote from: zebrafan on November 09, 2009, 07:11:10 pm

Some, but not much.

zebrafan

Quote from: GuvHog on November 09, 2009, 08:13:06 pm

Some, but not much.
How's the passing game?

GuvHog

Quote from: zebrafan on November 09, 2009, 07:14:13 pm
Quote from: GuvHog on November 09, 2009, 08:13:06 pm

Some, but not much.
How's the passing game?

It's still in good shape.

Gunslinger

bomberfootball#4

Searcy has a decent defense and a quarterback that can throw it a mile but other than that. Oh ya watch out for cheap shots from their defense Watson

icedmocha

I'm pretty sure cheap shots are unsportsman like penalty's and I cant think of any unsportsman like penaltys were called other than the horse collar.  SO I'm pretty sure you are trying to say Searcy is playing more physical?

bomberfootball#4

No I'm referring to hitting quarterbacks and halfbacks who are away from the play and aren't watching.

dh28

iam surprised theres a topic on this one other than .(what a beat down) .wc will need to bring there 9th graders to clean up.

onegearruss

Quote from: BGFBPLR on November 10, 2009, 07:50:22 pm
Searcy has a decent defense and a quarterback that can throw it a mile but other than that. Oh ya watch out for cheap shots from their defense Watson

Every throw i saw him make this year was terrible.

gatecrasher

Wildcats take first step towards holiday weekend showdown in El Dorado.....

WC 42-12

bomberfootball#4

onegear, I didn't say he could throw accurately, only that he could throw it a mile

chiefsfan

Searcys not horrible by any means  theyre just not great...  they did beat Parkview. this year

onegearruss

Quote from: BGFBPLR on November 10, 2009, 11:33:48 pm
onegear, I didn't say he could throw accurately, only that he could throw it a mile

ok, well that is true.

bomberfootball#4

Yeah searcy is way better than in the past. But I still think WC beats them. Congrats to Searcy on a good season though.

searcysports

A couple of ways to look at this one: 1) Searcy has not played well away from White County; 2) Searcy has played good-to-very good defense at times this year; 3) Searcy's offense more than likely will not generate nearly enough points to keep this close.

All that said, IF Searcy's offense doesn't put its defense in some really bad spots, this could actually be a decent game. If, however, Searcy's offense turns the ball over and WC gets a quick, easy score or two, this one could get ugly real fast.
Here's hoping the Lions play well.
It really appears the best teams are definitely in the South this year, though.

stix1

I THINK DUB-C TAKN IT ALL THIS YEAR WE AINT GOIN FS-JENKINS WR'S ALL OF DEM RB'S AND QB MAN WE GOOD

gatecrasher

Quote from: stix1 on November 12, 2009, 03:40:06 pm
I THINK DUB-C TAKN IT ALL THIS YEAR WE AINT GOIN FS-JENKINS WR'S ALL OF DEM RB'S AND QB MAN WE GOOD
Hey NOOB....
You will lose to us during the Thanksgiving holiday.....

Absolut

Worry about Marion/Texarkana first gate. The two week wait to play again must be painful for El Dorado coming off a loss to pine bluff.

gatecrasher

Not at all.....there is no off time for our bunch.

They are on a regular game-week practice schedule.

You will find out why I said that loss is a blessing, and that our kids have amnesia....;D

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: BGFBPLR on November 10, 2009, 09:46:16 pm
No I'm referring to hitting quarterbacks and halfbacks who are away from the play and aren't watching.

this is not cheap shots unless the play is dead! if you are on the field and the ball is live, then you are eligible too be hit!

cheap shots? my gosh! i bet you wish it was flag f-ball.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

bomberfootball#4

Pick_DA_EAGLES

ricepig

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 13, 2009, 11:20:37 am

this is not cheap shots unless the play is dead! if you are on the field and the ball is live, then you are eligible too be hit!

Not according to this discussion with the zebras.

http://www.fearlessfriday.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=97275.0

bomberfootball#4

If your starting quarterback got injured from a dirty hit you would be mad too. Anyways good luck to Searcy! Go East!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: ricepig on November 13, 2009, 11:28:11 am

i stand corrected, i still believe you better be alert till the play is dead.

how does one determine if you are away from  the play, i mean what if there is a turnover and recovered by other team now the person you should have hit makes the tackle.

ricepig

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 13, 2009, 11:52:37 am
Quote from: ricepig on November 13, 2009, 11:28:11 am

i stand corrected, i still believe you better be alert till the play is dead.

how does one determine if you are away from  the play, i mean what if there is a turnover and recovered by other team now the person you should have hit makes the tackle.

I agree, and if you are a QB in a triple option, you should expect to get hit on every play. I think the POE was to take care of players 10-15 yards away from the play. I remember last year Parkview sending three of their front five to hit our kicker on a kickoff, he was also our starting QB, the next kickoff we had our stud LB there to protect him.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: ricepig on November 13, 2009, 12:02:18 pm<br />
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 13, 2009, 11:52:37 am<br />
Quote from: ricepig on November 13, 2009, 11:28:11 am<br />
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 13, 2009, 11:20:37 am<br />
Quote from: BGFBPLR on November 10, 2009, 09:46:16 pm<br />No I'm referring to hitting quarterbacks and halfbacks who are away from the play and aren't watching. <br />
<br /><br /><br />this is not cheap shots unless the play is dead! if you are on the field and the ball is live, then you are eligible too be hit!<br /><br /> cheap shots? my gosh! i bet you wish it was flag f-ball.<br />
<br /><br />Not according to this discussion with the zebras.<br /><br /><a href="http://www.fearlessfriday.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=97275.0"; class="bbc_link new_win" target="_blank">http://www.fearlessfriday.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=97275.0</a><br />
<br /><br />i stand corrected, i still believe you better be alert till the play is dead.<br /><br />how does one determine if you are away from  the play, i mean what if there is a turnover and recovered by other team now the person you should have hit makes the tackle.<br />
<br /><br />I agree, and if you are a QB in a triple option, you should expect to get hit on every play. I think the POE was to take care of players 10-15 yards away from the play. I remember last year Parkview sending three of their front five to hit our kicker on a kickoff, he was also our starting QB, the next kickoff we had our stud LB there to protect him. <br />

i would say that would be wrong, but you are on the field.

i think it should be like a 30 yard halo around the ball that you can hit people in, if they are tring to protect players away from the ball. needs to be some kind of set distance to keep the refs from just calling it to call it.

stix1

onegearruss

Any fans of this game can listen to it live on www.kwck999.com if interested. Sorry i didnt post earlier, just got home.

GuvHog

Final Score: Watson Chapel 42 Searcy 7

gatecrasher

Just take care of Jonesboro next week.....

Then come join us for a Thanksgiving ambush.....Happy Holidays....;)

HA_Fan

Congrats on a great turnaround season, Searcy.  It's great to see the new excitement around the program.

big tightend

Searcy did have great year they will be tough next year with QB back & Brown @ LB. What do yall think will be key for jboro to do against Chapel?

searcysports

Don't turn the ball over or WC will do the same thing they did to Searcy, get the game out of hand quickly.
Still, like Searcy, I'm not convinced Jonesboro will generate enough points to outscore WC.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas