• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

El Dorado Wildcats

Started by 79Cat, May 15, 2009, 01:07:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

powerlifter90

the Arkansas numbers are 9-11

dh28

if you play tx high school sports the attention level is already there . in arkansas as a parent you have to promote your kids yourself , now some parents may not do this and the athlet may never get his shot at any college ball it does not have to be d1 ball.this does not apply to all its for the ones at smaller schools or one that just flys under the radar and could be easly missed

Billyo62

Quote from: BUGEATERS on May 31, 2009, 12:47:54 pm
the Arkansas numbers are 9-11

Bug that is correct, but they are for next years 10-12, you are going to confuse people!  ;D ;D ;D

Billyo62

Quote from: dh28 on May 31, 2009, 01:27:26 pm
if you play tx high school sports the attention level is already there . in arkansas as a parent you have to promote your kids yourself , now some parents may not do this and the athlet may never get his shot at any college ball it does not have to be d1 ball.this does not apply to all its for the ones at smaller schools or one that just flys under the radar and could be easly missed

That is correct, because just starting on one of the top 100 schools in Texas puts you light years ahead as far as exposure, and the only people that care about Akansas football live in Arkansas, a Few star players get some exposure but not many!

Scorp

The formula for enrollment figures for Texas classification.....

FORMULAS
A participant school shall be classified for assignment to a conference on the basis of enrollment on a date from the
previous October. The formulas used to determine enrollment shall be:

1. Schools with four high school grades (9-12) or three high school grades (10-12) which will receive incoming
tenth graders from specific, identifiable schools:
Enrollment = Grades 9 + 10 + 11 + 12

2. Schools with only grades 10-12 when it cannot easily be determined which schools the ninth graders will attend
as tenth graders:
Enrollment = Grades (10 + 11 + 12) x 1.33

3. Schools with only grades 11-12 when it cannot easily be determined which schools the tenth graders will attend
as eleventh graders:
Enrollment = Grades (11 + 12) x 2

So you're correct Billy,  Bentonville would be around the 48th largest school in Texas.

What school is the 48th largest in Arkansas?

dh28

alot of the schools in tx districts are way bigger than ark , take 3 of the nwa schools combine them now you dont think you have the talent you play with tx. ark high and tx high ,tx high has been more succesful in there mettings. the 2 schools are so close alot of them  have there choice of which school to go to which one would you go to .jmp 

Billyo62

Quote from: Scorp on May 31, 2009, 01:50:18 pm
The formula for enrollment figures for Texas classification.....

FORMULAS
A participant school shall be classified for assignment to a conference on the basis of enrollment on a date from the
previous October. The formulas used to determine enrollment shall be:

1. Schools with four high school grades (9-12) or three high school grades (10-12) which will receive incoming
tenth graders from specific, identifiable schools:
Enrollment = Grades 9 + 10 + 11 + 12

2. Schools with only grades 10-12 when it cannot easily be determined which schools the ninth graders will attend
as tenth graders:
Enrollment = Grades (10 + 11 + 12) x 1.33

3. Schools with only grades 11-12 when it cannot easily be determined which schools the tenth graders will attend
as eleventh graders:
Enrollment = Grades (11 + 12) x 2

So you're correct Billy,  Bentonville would be around the 48th largest school in Texas.

What school is the 48th largest in Arkansas?

Wynne- 692 Students

zebradynasty

May 31, 2009, 08:25:49 pm #107 Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 08:46:26 pm by zebradynasty
Quote from: zebradynasty on May 29, 2009, 11:27:24 pm
Went to the spring game tonight and here is my take on the Z's:

*WR's Not near as talented as last year has some speed but need another wr to step up besides Frasier.

*RB never a problem for PB and next year no different. Speed and quickness shown by several RB's. Need to work on pass blocking.

*OL more depth than last year not a huge line but will need to really work over the summer to looks like they have at least 8-10 line that can play.

*DL could be a strength. Has size and a little depth.

*LB/CB Fast but inexperence also has a few headhunters. Was not impressed with LB's

*QB Claude will have to work hard this summer to get on the same page with his wr's. It will be hard to duplicate last year cause I don't see a lot of talent at wr. Collins (4.3-4.4) is a dangerous at flanker.

Oh and there was between 60-65 kids dressed out! Overall the Z's are athletic but not as explosive as last year. Team speed is very good and they are in pretty good shape and disciplined. That being said I would NOT rank them as preseason #1. This group will need to come together and may struggle early but can become tough by season end. For what's worth that's my take for next season.

This weekend at the Southwest Elite combine Kelsy Collins ran a LASER timed 4.29 40! Although only 5-8 Collins is probably pound for pound the best football player on the team. Collins will play CB and slot for the Z's this fall.

Also was told that the spring game was not divided ones vs two's. They were divided regardless of the depth chart. So that would explain why the passing game was off.

Scorp

^^^^  4.29 laser 40 !!!!  WOW.

I hope the rest of the 6A has some DB's that can cover him when he's in the slot.  With that speed, he'll get behind most DB's and I'm pretty sure Claude can get the ball down field to him.  Could be a hard combination to defend.

powerlifter90

Quote from: Scorp on May 31, 2009, 08:50:19 pm
^^^^  4.29 laser 40 !!!!  WOW.

I hope the rest of the 6A has some DB's that can cover him when he's in the slot.  With that speed, he'll get behind most DB's and I'm pretty sure Claude can get the ball down field to him.  Could be a hard combination to defend.

play a DB straight up on him, bump him off the line and have a safety over the top. 

Scorp

Bumping would be the best bet.   I'm sure Bolding will have him in motion a lot to let him get an open angle.

dh28

iam sure he will get plenty of attention from the defenses.

thebigshot

I was in wal-mart last night and noticed that pro-coach was buying a computer. I'm sure we will be hearing from him soon......  :o ;D

79Cat

Things will never be the same on here once he gets going!! :)

bleudog

Bob Watson's son, Hartford Watson, was killed in an auto accident Sunday (7/12) north of Hampton.

http://www.fearlessfriday.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=93856.0

bbolin4

It seems Crossett is losing a Sr. running back/reciever to Eldorado!  >:(

gatecrasher

Good. We'll use him. He may even get a championship ring.

powerlifter90

Quote from: gatecrasherfan on July 23, 2009, 07:59:00 am

or a 2nd place ring..................

Quite Frankly

Quote from: bbolin4 on July 23, 2009, 07:41:45 am
Wonder what the circumstance were that led to that?  Surely he wasn't 'invited' by the Head Honcho. 

DEBO64ETOWN

GC, you guys aren't pulling a SC are you? :oLMAO Naw on da real is the kid any good.

powerlifter90

"recruiting" only happens in private schools...... ::)

DEBO64ETOWN

Eaglemaniac

Quote from: QF© on July 23, 2009, 08:22:39 am
Wonder what the circumstance were that led to that?  Surely he wasn't 'invited' by the Head Honcho. 

The player in question is one of the fastest in the state. Ran AAU track this summer for one of the El Dorado coaches. Sources tell me, if in fact he does go ,El Dorado will be turned in for recruiting.

Billyo62

Quote from: Eaglemaniac on July 23, 2009, 02:20:29 pm

The player in question is one of the fastest in the state. Ran AAU track this summer for one of the El Dorado coaches. Sources tell me, if in fact he does go ,El Dorado will be turned in for recruiting.

That would be almost IMPOSSIBLE to actually prove!  Even if it is true!

Eaglemaniac

Quote from: Billyo62 on July 23, 2009, 02:26:47 pm

Word is another kid from Crossett was approached also by same coach. He's staying in Crossett. As for transferring using school of choice, the kid would have had to submit an application by July 1.

gatecrasher

Quote from: BUGEATERS on July 23, 2009, 08:05:52 am

If we get back to the title game, it's ours.  Deposit that one in your financial institution.....

gatecrasher

If we get back to the title game, it's ours.  Deposit that one in your financial institution.....

oh, now some moron is implying that we are recruiting.  Bank on this: if he is coming to El Do, it's legit. 

gatecrasher

July 23, 2009, 03:44:13 pm #127 Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 03:45:49 pm by gatecrasherfan

oh, now some moron is implying that we are recruiting.  Bank on this: if he is coming to El Do, it's legit. 
Quote from: Eaglemaniac on July 23, 2009, 02:56:48 pm

Word is another kid from Crossett was approached also by same coach. He's staying in Crossett. As for transferring using school of choice, the kid would have had to submit an application by July 1.

gatecrasher

Quote from: gatecrasherfan on July 23, 2009, 03:44:13 pm

Quote from: Eaglemaniac on July 23, 2009, 02:56:48 pm

WHAT COACH???????

Billyo62

Quote from: QF© on July 23, 2009, 05:00:34 pm
Quote from: gatecrasherfan on July 23, 2009, 03:39:05 pm
Not by the definition of recruiting by the AAA.  Nothing is more blantant than a coach at one school asking a kid from another school to play/switch.  Any offhand conversation in this regard is forbidden.  No jokes.  No nothing.  Several players are saying this was exactly what happened.  If so, it's cut and dried.

It's still here say and almost impossible to prove!

Quite Frankly

Might be heresay to you.

Billyo62

Quote from: QF© on July 23, 2009, 05:35:19 pm
Might be heresay to you.

It's still he said she said stuff, I know what you are saying and it would be wrong, but to prove it would be a totally different animal, he will just say that never took place!

Quite Frankly

That's your abstract version without you knowing anything about it.

ricepig

Quote from: gatecrasherfan on July 23, 2009, 03:39:05 pm

GC  Are you sure you aren't banking more than Eldo can cash?  :D

Billyo62

Quote from: QF© on July 23, 2009, 05:47:03 pm
That's your abstract version without you knowing anything about it.

What is abstract about it, YOU say a coach was heard saying something to someone and other people heard him say it!  That is second hand hearsay...very tough to actually prove anything!  and YOU can't prove what YOU say is true without a doubt unless YOU heard the coach say these things..and that still would not hold much weight!

gatecrasher

So QF....YOU in wherever-you're-at-land, think you know something about this "incident." Is that accurate?

wildcats

ricepig, I am pretty sure El Dorado can cash it.  Go Wildcats!!!!!!! Tradition never dies.

ELDO-DEF2011

at the booster club meeting lastnight coach reed said he never has talked to the student even as of now he hasn,t. but he confirmed the family is moving to the district. i know coach and i can tell you he wouldn,t jeopardize his integrityfor a student. he has good players at that position. it is my opinion there are some haters as.

ricepig

Eddie Goodson

Regardless of recruiting, it is not a bonafide move because neither his father or mother are relocating to the El Dorado school district. According to the AAA handbook, only a bonafide move makes the player eligible after July 1st of the players tenth grade year. He should be ineliglible for one year. Moving in with a cousin IS NOT BONAFIDE. El Dorado better watch this. It just might bite them in the rear come November.

wildcats

People move everyday.  If they moved to the school district, he should be allowed to play this year.  I hope he is, if this is true.  If not, the wildcats still have  a lot of great backs already there.   We will see, I think they are making it a bigger deal than it needs to be.  Go Wildcats!!!!!!!

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: wildcats on July 24, 2009, 05:54:22 pm
People move everyday.  If they moved to the school district, he should be allowed to play this year.  I hope he is, if this is true.  If not, the wildcats still have  a lot of great backs already there.   We will see, I think they are making it a bigger deal than it needs to be.  Go Wildcats!!!!!!!
You don't understand. The AAA has rules. The rules say a parent must move to the district. His parents are still in Crossett. He will not be bonafide.

ricepig

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on July 24, 2009, 05:08:56 pm
Regardless of recruiting, it is not a bonafide move because neither his father or mother are relocating to the El Dorado school district. According to the AAA handbook, only a bonafide move makes the player eligible after July 1st of the players tenth grade year. He should be ineliglible for one year. Moving in with a cousin IS NOT BONAFIDE. El Dorado better watch this. It just might bite them in the rear come November.

I would assume it is whomever has custody has to live in the district, not commenting on this situation in particular.

fastdrop

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on July 24, 2009, 06:00:08 pm
People move everyday.  If they moved to the school district, he should be allowed to play this year.  I hope he is, if this is true.  If not, the wildcats still have  a lot of great backs already there.   We will see, I think they are making it a bigger deal than it needs to be.  Go Wildcats!!!!!!!
You don't understand. The AAA has rules. The rules say a parent must move to the district. His parents are still in Crossett. He will not be bonafide.
Yes....his parents has to move or at least rent a home there. This could get very ugly for Eldo.

Quite Frankly

EG is laying it out for you people and eliminating the need for speculation.  If he is leaving a parent to move to another district without a parent after July 1, the rule is crystal clear on what should happen.

Billyo62

Quote from: fastdrop on July 24, 2009, 06:08:52 pm
Yes....his parents has to move or at least rent a home there. This could get very ugly for Eldo.

What if they rent a home there, have all there mail sent there, yet never stay there would that be OK?

Quite Frankly

Eddie Goodson

Unless his parents move to El Dorado or give custody of him to someone else, he is not bonafide.

A. Public Schools
1. A student's eligibility for interscholastic athletics shall be
in the public school district of the parent's residence
Refer to other residence and transfer rules for limitations
and situations.
The AAA recognizes only one residence
for eligibility. A change in residence consists of a
complete and bona fide move from one domicile to
another.

2. A student may meet the residence requirement at
another AAA member school after attending said
member school for one calendar year (365 days from
initial enrollment).
3. A student shall also meet the residence requirement if
the student receives a legal transfer (school board to
school board) from one public school to another. Board
to board transfers must take place prior to July 1.
4. For eligibility purposes, all transfers must take place
prior to July 1 before a student begins grades 7-10 and
require that CSAP forms be signed for public, nonpublic,
or boarding schools.
5. Students transferring after July 1 prior to beginning the
10th grade year shall not be eligible for one calendar
year (365 days) unless there is a bona fide move from
one public school district into the public school district
that the student will be attending.
6. Any student who attended a public school district that
has been consolidated or annexed by Act 60 of the 2003
Extraordinary Session and is approved for attendance
under school choice in another school district shall be
eligible to participate in extracurricular activities under
the transfer rule providing they apply for school choice
by July 1 of the calendar year in which their resident
district files notice of annexation or consolidation.

dh28

Quote from: Billyo62 on July 24, 2009, 06:11:09 pm

What if they rent a home there, have all there mail sent there, yet never stay there would that be OK?
why would they do that

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: dh28 on July 24, 2009, 06:18:44 pm
Quote from: Billyo62 on July 24, 2009, 06:11:09 pm

why would they do that
It's a loaded question because it is happening in other areas of the state.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas