• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A-5A vs 6A-7A

Started by #1 STUNNA, May 25, 2007, 10:47:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

#1 STUNNA

i believe the smaller schools could beat the bigger schools in a one game scenario

not ray

#1 STUNNA

7AFBFAN

STUNNA, which smaller school and which bigger schools, your statement makes no sense. Use all comparisons of 4A-5A versus 6A-7A if possible. There were some games last year where the classes played and it does not support your statement 100%. Fayetteville beat Batesville 42-0, Greenwood beat Southside 25-21. Were there any other 5A schools that beat 7A? Were there any 4A schools that even played 6A or 7A? If not, your argument is ridiculous from a 4A standpoint.

RGP

First chance to see: August 31st. Southside Stadium.

#1 STUNNA

alma beat 7A van buren and springdale harber

not ray

The 2 teams that finsihed last.  Without a doubt they can win in one game situations, but let them try 13 weeks in a row.   I have been on the board for nearly 7 years now and this is only about the 100th time this tired discussion has been had.

mack

Quote from: Special Delivery Jones on May 25, 2007, 11:05:56 am
The 2 teams that finsihed last.  Without a doubt they can win in one game situations, but let them try 13 weeks in a row.   I have been on the board for nearly 7 years now and this is only about the 100th time this tired discussion has been had.

Very true SD.  You are not knocking smaller classification athletes.  It's nothing but a numbers game.  Bigger schools, more athletes to choose from.  Sure, every now and then a smaller will beat a larger, just not the majority of the time.  Actually, not nearly half the time.

zebradynasty

Let me answer what he really wants to know! NO! Shiloh nor Warren would beat the 7A champ for 2007 or 2008!

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: zebradynasty on May 25, 2007, 11:32:18 am
Let me answer what he really wants to know! NO! Shiloh nor Warren would beat the 7A champ for 2007 or 2008!

greenwood did it last year wht cant warren or nashville

#1 STUNNA

do you think the bigger schools dont play smaller schools because if they lose it makes them look bad, and if they win they were supposed to

#1 STUNNA

well we know what 7a school it wont be from down south wont we zebras, hows coach bolding doing down there havent heard much talk about him

zebradynasty

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on May 25, 2007, 11:42:01 am

well we know what 7a school it wont be from down south wont we zebras, hows coach bolding doing down there havent heard much talk about him

PB was down the last couple of years however that will soon change read my post about the last nights scrimmage on the other thread! Very shortly PB will be glad to scratch that itch you've been having. That's why Bolding took the job he knows the potential and he remembers a few years ago he scrimmaged PB and it went so bad he took his team off the field to prevent any injuries!

not ray

It is like this a AAA team could slip up and beat the Red Sox in a one game set.  But let them take on a 162 game schedule and they make the Royals look good.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: zebradynasty on May 25, 2007, 11:59:39 am

PB was down the last couple of years however that will soon change read my post about the last nights scrimmage on the other thread! Very shortly PB will be glad to scratch that itch you've been having. That's why Bolding took the job he knows the potential and he remembers a few years ago he scrimmaged PB and it went so bad he took his team off the field to prevent any injuries!

i could see a warren pine bluff game in the future bo and bolding have a pretty good connection

zebradynasty

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on May 25, 2007, 12:18:01 pm

i could see a warren pine bluff game in the future bo and bolding have a pretty good connection

I think the only thing that will prevent it is many here measure the preseason by how well PB does against the teams in the west. Personally I think we can accomplish almost the same thing by playing warren! The crowds would be great as both schools would be glad to make the 1 hour drive! Downside for Warren is that many smaller schools have more down cycles than larger schools but Warren isn't  a typical small school. What I am saying we catch you on a down year it could get ugly and if you catch us on a down year I don't think it would be that bad for us.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: zebradynasty on May 25, 2007, 01:20:48 pm
Quote from: #1 STUNNA on May 25, 2007, 12:18:01 pm

youd be surprised

I think the only thing that will prevent it is many here measure the preseason by how well PB does against the teams in the west. Personally I think we can accomplish almost the same thing by playing warren! The crowds would be great as both schools would be glad to make the 1 hour drive! Downside for Warren is that many smaller schools have more down cycles than larger schools but Warren isn't  a typical small school. What I am saying we catch you on a down year it could get ugly and if you catch us on a down year I don't think it would be that bad for us.

oldguy_21

I don't know what the scrimmage looked like, but I'm sure Bolding will light a fire and awake that giant down there.  They will be a force to be reckoned with for years to come.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: oldguy_21 on May 25, 2007, 03:29:45 pm
I don't know what the scrimmage looked like, but I'm sure Bolding will light a fire and awake that giant down there.  They will be a force to be reckoned with for years to come.

you hope

zebradynasty

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on May 25, 2007, 03:51:13 pm
Quote from: oldguy_21 on May 25, 2007, 03:29:45 pm

you hope

It's already happening! Talent was never the problem leadership and discipline is what was missing. I think Bolding fits the bill. Several Z's from the glory years said they could see the difference almost Glover like approach.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas