• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hall high

Started by 59boy05, April 03, 2007, 11:59:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

59boy05

Do anybody know who is hall high new coach. The had 3 new coaches in the past three years.

mudslog

I believe they hired the temporary one they had last year.   I am not sure, but I think that is what I read.

fbfan56

Travis Mann had the "interim" removed.  He is the head coach. 

59boy05

Quote from: fbfan56 on April 04, 2007, 01:11:30 pm

Aw ok thanks fbfan

katrinas81

Quote from: fbfan56 on April 04, 2007, 01:11:30 pm

He seems like he is a pretty good coach.  I think his players will work for him, as he seems like an easy going guy, but also a players' coach.

mudslog

That is good.   I like Hall....Hope they can surprise some people this year.

JACKET_LE94

wolfpride_28

if you can get past the orange, hall is a very likable underdog :)

thebigshot

Hall and Parkview will play each other in the Mud Bowl in 2007.

mudslog

Quote from: TheBigShot on April 25, 2007, 09:53:27 pm

Except this year, it will be for a seed in the playoffs.   Of course, El Dorado forfeiting will help both teams out. 

59boy05

Quote from: mudslog on April 25, 2007, 11:51:05 pm
Quote from: TheBigShot on April 25, 2007, 09:53:27 pm

Except this year, it will be for a seed in the playoffs.   Of course, El Dorado forfeiting will help both teams out. 

I dont think parkview will makef it to the playoffs next season. It might be close but i think when hall play parkview that will be the game that determines if hall go to the playoffs. Why is El Dorado forfeiting?

bpanther5283

El Do won't forfeit, he's just saying that because he knows parkview will lose and he wants to get his hopes up

mudslog

Quote from: bpanther5283 on May 03, 2007, 09:09:12 pm
El Do won't forfeit, he's just saying that because he knows parkview will lose and he wants to get his hopes up
Busted.

59boy05

aw ok. Naw i do not think parkview will make it this year. Maybe another year but not this  year.

mudslog

Assuming a 4-3 conference record gets you in, I see Parkview beating Hall, Watson Chapel, Sheridan, Benton, El Dorado, and maybe Lake Hamilton.  Wait....that is 6-1.   And if Texarkana's bus breaks down, it will be a clean sweep.   ;D

59boy05

Quote from: mudslog on May 09, 2007, 10:49:44 pm
Assuming a 4-3 conference record gets you in, I see Parkview beating Hall, Watson Chapel, Sheridan, Benton, El Dorado, and maybe Lake Hamilton.  Wait....that is 6-1.   And if Texarkana's bus breaks down, it will be a clean sweep.   ;D

You must play for parkview.  I dont see yall winning any of those games.  Yall might beat Sheridan. Yall might be 1-6 or 2-5 in conference but i dont see yall beating Benton, el Dorado, lake Hamilton, and definitely not texarkana.  Yall might beat hall but i doubt it and i think yall will beat Sheridan................ I heard yall fastest player run a 4.7 i dont know but thats what everybody who play for parkview at my church was talking about.  Is that true and dont lie.

mudslog

I dont play for Parkview, but I heard about the same thing.   A couple maybe faster but they are not big in size.    Of course, these are real times by the coaches and the psychology of wanting the players to work harder may have something to do with it.   I have seen many so called 4.5 times and they are slower than Christmas when you see them in real life.   Many 40 times are inflated or times with coaches with a happy trigger finger.   

59boy05

yeah that is true.  When i played at jax we ran the 40 twice whenever the day we run the 40 and we had one player run a 5.8 the first time then he ran a 5.3 the second time.  coaches need to time right because once the players go to camps and combines and run the 40 the players will be embarrassed because their time is slower.

fbfan56

Has Coach Mann been able to complete his coaching staff, yet?  I heard that there were 2-3 openings.

B.Miles

May 15, 2007, 09:07:58 am #19 Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 09:17:32 am by B.Miles
I can't wait to see Hall play Fair that will be a very good game.

mudslog

Hall will rip them a new one.

fbfan56

Do you think that Fair will be that good or will Hall be that bad?

mudslog

Hall should be better.   Fair doesn't seem to have any fire in them.   I watched a couple of their practices last year.   Alot of standing around etc.  Hall has some fire to them and look like they enjoy playing.   

JACKET_LE94

Quote from: 59boy05 on May 10, 2007, 08:45:45 am
Assuming a 4-3 conference record gets you in, I see Parkview beating Hall, Watson Chapel, Sheridan, Benton, El Dorado, and maybe Lake Hamilton.  Wait....that is 6-1.   And if Texarkana's bus breaks down, it will be a clean sweep.   ;D

You must play for parkview.  I dont see yall winning any of those games.  Yall might beat Sheridan. Yall might be 1-6 or 2-5 in conference but i dont see yall beating Benton, el Dorado, lake Hamilton, and definitely not texarkana.  Yall might beat hall but i doubt it and i think yall will beat Sheridan................ I heard yall fastest player run a 4.7 i dont know but thats what everybody who play for parkview at my church was talking about.  Is that true and dont lie.

no

Kaleb_QB8

Quote from: JACKET_DE44 on May 17, 2007, 06:16:04 pm

no

Since Sheridan returns everyone and humiliated Parkview last year... That is the logical choice I guess, if your an idiot...

59boy05

no

Just because yall beat parkview last year dont mean yall are going to beat them this year but...........but yall are returning most of everybody so that gives yall an advantage cause yall are more experenced but anything could happen. anyway yall wasnt that good last year anyway.  I have seen a lot better teams than yall especially in 6a east. The only good teams in yall conference is texarkana, LH was good

Kaleb_QB8

Quote from: 59boy05 on May 18, 2007, 01:06:19 pm

no

Just because yall beat parkview last year dont mean yall are going to beat them this year but...........but yall are returning most of everybody so that gives yall an advantage cause yall are more experenced but anything could happen. anyway yall wasnt that good last year anyway.  I have seen a lot better teams than yall especially in 6a east. The only good teams in yall conference is texarkana, LH was good

We made it just as far as Jacksonville... So what are you saying about your beloved Devils that you kept saying would win the state championship when they didn't even make it out of the first round... Everyone thought y'all could do something, no one even thought Sheridan would win a game and we made the playoffs...

mudslog

Excellent post.   No one - absolutely no one thought Sheridan would be as good as they were.   Though they did get blasted by Texarkana, they still looked better.

Kaleb_QB8

Quote from: mudslog on May 20, 2007, 10:11:43 pm
Excellent post.   No one - absolutely no one thought Sheridan would be as good as they were.   Though they did get blasted by Texarkana, they still looked better.

I'm not arguing that they looked better, I'm just saying we made it just as far as them...

59boy05

Quote from: Jacket_FS8 on May 20, 2007, 02:55:33 pm
Quote from: 59boy05 on May 18, 2007, 01:06:19 pm

no

We made it just as far as Jacksonville... So what are you saying about your beloved Devils that you kept saying would win the state championship when they didn't even make it out of the first round... Everyone thought y'all could do something, no one even thought Sheridan would win a game and we made the playoffs...

hold on yall is not better than jacksonville. jacksonville played the state champs and who yall play probably somebody who lost the second in the second round. Sheridan is not a good team. yall barely beat hall and they wasnt that good.

JACKET_LE94

We played mountain home the first round... you know the state runner-up. And we beat hall by only twelve points but that doesn't mean we barely beat them. That games was in hand by the end of the first quarter, they had maybe a hundred yards of total offense.

There is one thing for sure, at least we can type where people can understand

mudslog

I saw Jacksonville play Texarkana and Jacksonville literally had balls bouncing off of their helmets.  To say Jacksonville was better than Sheridan is completely crazy.   

Kaleb_QB8

Quote from: mudslog on May 23, 2007, 09:55:38 pm
I saw Jacksonville play Texarkana and Jacksonville literally had balls bouncing off of their helmets.  To say Jacksonville was better than Sheridan is completely crazy.  

And that's saying something, mudslog doesn't like sheridan at all...

mudslog

Quote from: Jacket_FS8 on May 25, 2007, 09:26:41 am

And that's saying something, mudslog doesn't like sheridan at all...
I may not like Sheridan, but I do respect them and no one should take them lightly especially with that Lundy kid. 

fbfan56

To say Jacksonville is better than Sheridan or visa-versa doesn't say much about bragging rights. 

Kaleb_QB8

Quote from: fbfan56 on May 25, 2007, 08:41:07 pm
To say Jacksonville is better than Sheridan or visa-versa doesn't say much about bragging rights. 

No one is trying to get bragging rights... Just showing my side of the situation because I'm not gonna sit there and let people downgrade my team for no apparent reason...

JACKET_LE94

Quote from: Jacket_FS8 on May 25, 2007, 09:26:41 am

yea seriously
And that's saying something, mudslog doesn't like Sheridan at all...

fbfan56

Any reports on Hall's spring practice?  Any developments?  New faces?

fbfan56

How has Hall performed in 7 on 7 this summer?  Any signs of improvement for this season?

59boy05

Quote from: fbfan56 on May 30, 2007, 06:50:11 pm
Any reports on Hall's spring practice?  Any developments?  New faces?

I saw hall practice a couple of times during the spring. They have a running back who can run. The coach says he run a 4.2. he probably do cause that kid hit the hole quicker and faster than any running back i played against and watched. Hall QB position is there weakest position. If their linemen can stay out of trouble they will be pretty descent on offense

fbfan56

Didn't Hall bring in a new offensive line coach this spring?

SingleWingGuru

Quote from: 59boy05 on July 22, 2007, 11:00:06 am
The coach says he run a 4.2.

Why would a coach ever bald face lie to you like that?

not ray

More than likely due to the fact that the coach never said those words. 

SingleWingGuru

Quote from: Special Delivery Jones on July 22, 2007, 04:45:45 pm
More than likely due to the fact that the coach never said those words. 

You don't say!?

not ray

Then again if he did say those words does it actually matter?  I am guessing no.

mudslog

That 4.2 40 quote is partially true.   They do have a player that can drink a 40 in 4.2 sec.   

59boy05

how yall know that the player dont run a 4.2. is because he dont go to a top football school. I didnt say i know he run a 4.2 i said probably. that mean maybe or matbe not but the kid is fast.

EAGLE STAR 24

His name is Larry Matthon, and he runs a 4.2 and is very talented, he can play almost every position on the field.

powerlifter90

is that 4.2 electronically timed (which would make him faster than the Heisman hopeful)

or is it "coach, drinking a soda and hit the button on the stop watch timed"

EAGLE STAR 24

He runs a 4.2 which is electronically timed.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas