• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BANDS HAVING PART IN THE VICTORY

Started by 2008razorback, November 13, 2006, 10:14:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

2008razorback

Quote from: 2hot2bnashdown on November 17, 2006, 02:00:11 pm
I wouldn't completely say that Arkansas High's band sucks, but they are not where they need to be. Like, I have seen some 2A, 3A, and 4A bands that are way better than them. But overall, their colorguard sucks. They really should step it up and heres a hint...PRACTICE! More than once a year if you do.

yea... me being in the A-High band... its not where it needs to be... the cause of that is Mr. Henley took the fun out... oh course the colorguard sucks.... they just don't have the drive. 

But you are totally wrong on the practicing... band is similar to football..... just because you practice doesn't mean you get better.... we could practice everyday... by the way we never canceled a practice this year... Its in the people, if they don't want to get better, they won't.

playoffbound

Having played against Texarkana, I thought their band was awesome. 

stina_ar

Quote from: 2008razorback on November 13, 2006, 10:14:50 pm
have anybody that has played Arkansas High School, noticed what their band does doing the game...  Many folks have said that it has a slight affect in the playing of the game. 

The AHS Band plays numorous stands music at a alarming pitch, causing the offensive team to I guess lose concentration... Hit me back with your thoughts.  Would you say this is cheating or just apart of the game? ???

I've always thought of this as a "part of the game". Your team's band is supposed to play as loudly as possible while your team is on defense. While on offense, your band is quiet.
That's how its always been. That's part of the reason the band is there on Friday nights.

powerlifter90

Quote from: bobcat_fan on November 17, 2006, 04:44:25 pm
Quote from: 2008razorback on November 13, 2006, 10:14:50 pm
have anybody that has played Arkansas High School, noticed what their band does doing the game...  Many folks have said that it has a slight affect in the playing of the game. 

The AHS Band plays numorous stands music at a alarming pitch, causing the offensive team to I guess lose concentration... Hit me back with your thoughts.  Would you say this is cheating or just apart of the game? ???

I've always thought of this as a "part of the game". Your team's band is supposed to play as loudly as possible while your team is on defense. While on offense, your band is quiet.
That's how its always been. That's part of the reason the band is there on Friday nights.

tell that to Jacksonville's band AND director

Old Razorback Spirit

I am apart of Arkansas High Band and i do not appreciate people saying that we suck and the main people saying it is not even in band.I must admite out band could have done better in marching. And the flag line just suck, but i must say that we go hard in the stands and we get the crowd going. How many bands can say that????

fastdrop

the band...cheerleaders are at footbll games for the attendance factor....thier would be half of the people attending highschool football games without these participants.....it would be very...very...boring to watch a football game without them though....I have been to some places to watch football games that did not have band or cheerleaders and it was kinda dull...

PioneerBandman

Quote from: BlueDevilMan on November 14, 2006, 07:29:32 pm
It is actually a AAA rule that the bands can't be playing while the offense is taking the snap. Our band got us a penalty when I was in junior high for it. Funniest thing in the world because we were winning like 58-0. But saying this as a band member and a football player, a good football player that is concentrated on getting his job done doesn't even hear any bands, cheerleaders, or fans...

We didn't get a penalty we were just warned....

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas