• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

who is the best coach in 6a

Started by 59boy05, April 02, 2006, 10:09:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

59boy05

Mark whatley is the best coach because his first year at jacksonville they went to the playoffs and he brung in a whole new offense. If they didnt have to play springdale first round, they would of made it to the next round except if they had to play fort smith northside because my cousin burns is the best qb in the state besides daniel from jacksonville

Dat Chedda

if he is the best coach then he woulda came up wit a strategy to beat springdale am i right?

SingleWingGuru

Coach U- Marion
Coach Patrick- Mountain Home
Coach L- W.M.

In no particular order.

Whatley is good too, but i'm not quite ready to elevate him to status of best.

AEKDB132

I second Jeremy's picks.  All 3 of those coaches are top notch coaches and have each had a good impact on their programs. 

PATRIOTPLAYER54

have to go with coach lenny dousk of west memphis.even though im from marion look at what he has done.

HOGDOG

Lanny Dausch of WM no one else is close in 6A other good coaches for sure but he is so dedicated and he has a great staff to go along with him.

Roadtostate

I think its coach whatley at jacksonville then its coach dausch at W.M. then its coach Mcmurry at chapel lets not forget that he brought a team from 1-9 all the way to a tie for conference champs.

59boy05

dat chedda aint no team ready for springdale

Dat Chedda

u can see it how u wanna see it...its all mental

Dances with Hogs

Dances with Hogs

JK Chedda that just didnt make any sense

Dat Chedda

i was sayin that its all in their heads that they can't beat springdale

SingleWingGuru

Quote from: Dat Chedda on April 04, 2006, 05:44:24 pm

you obviously never saw springdale play to be making all of these comments.

Dances with Hogs

Quote from: Dat Chedda on April 04, 2006, 05:44:24 pm

makes more sense now but still nobody coulda come close to springdale last year

Dat Chedda

well yeah they had the best high school quarterback in the nation and one of the top recievers in the state but still anybody can be beat

JvilleDevils

Not Springdale....They play on a different level.

SingleWingGuru

Quote from: Dat Chedda on April 04, 2006, 08:52:05 pm
well yeah they had the best high school quarterback in the nation and one of the top recievers in the state but still anybody can be beat

Wrong.

Once again, you obviously never saw them play

UALR11

Id say Patrick just to be a homer and he really works hard and backs his player

but i think the most unnoticed coach in the State is Robert Johnson the D-coordinator from mh

look at what he has done with mtn home's defense, he is my track coach and no matter what he is doing his intensity and dedication is just off the charts

look at the years the patrick and johnson team got here, their first year 1-9  next year 4-6, last year 7-3 and the first home playoff game in 20 years

and the defense played solid all year, and lost in overtime to west memphis(2nd in state), and would have won if it wasnt for a face mask on an assured tackle on 4th & 15 w/ 2 mins left, but i hate excuses.

props to Patrick and Johnson

PATRIOTPLAYER54

yeah what happend to that defense against marion.

powerlifter90

Springdale was on a different level last year and Malzahn was a very good coach, but look at all the SCs his asst coaches had at different schools.   Any smart leader knows to surround himself with the best, it only makes his job easier.  Also when was the last time you saw a hs program with 17 asst coaches?   

59boy05

springdale out powered everybody

PATRIOTPLAYER54

WBF †

there is no gameplan for springdale....I dont play football and I know that. Look at the scores,stats,coaching, and talent...that says it all. Not sayin whatley is the best, cuz I really havent seen what the other coaches have done, but he's one heck of a coach and one heck of a guy...i should know, I live 3 houses down from him!

SingleWingGuru

Quote from: PATRIOTPLAYER54 on April 07, 2006, 09:14:14 am
yeah what happend to that defense against marion.

I'll tell you what happened to my mountain home defense against marion.

1.  Mountain Home didn't take marion seriously enough.

2.  Mountain Home didn't game plan correctly for the game.

3.  It was the first week of the season.

4.  Marion was good.

5.  Mountain Home was missing a few players (not that it would have made that much of a difference)

6.  Once Marion got up on Mountain home they rolled over and died.

7.  Mountain Home is probably one of the smallest teams in 5a and up.  And marion could just run it down their throats.

Don't think for a second MH fans are delusional.  We realize marion was good, they beat us handily.  But that doesn't mean it was a coaching problem.  There were a lot of reasons for that loss, including marion being good.

PATRIOTPLAYER54

BUT FROM WHAT YOU SAY WE GET LUCKY SO WE COULD NOT HAVE BEEN GOOD AND ALL THAT LIST SOUNDS LIKE A BUCH OF EXCUSES.

SingleWingGuru

Quote from: PATRIOTPLAYER54 on April 09, 2006, 04:46:55 pm
BUT FROM WHAT YOU SAY WE GET LUCKY SO WE COULD NOT HAVE BEEN GOOD AND ALL THAT LIST SOUNDS LIKE A BUCH OF EXCUSES.

when have i ever said you get lucky?

you are putting words in my mouth... and i've been backing up marion before you were even a member on this board.

PATRIOTPLAYER54

mybe the part were you said we are overrated and that there is no way we can make the playoffs

reddevillineman79

I dont know but when coach whatley got here he was ready to work and he went right to it so think that he is a great coach he has great skill at what he is doing and he also has a great staff so i believe that he will do great things for our team in the upcoming years.

PATRIOTPLAYER54

Quote from: reddevillineman79 on April 10, 2006, 09:19:41 am
I dont know but when coach whatley got here he was ready to work and he went right to it so think that he is a great coach he has great skill at what he is doing and he also has a great staff so i believe that he will do great things for our team in the upcoming years.
I HOPE IS READY TO COACH OR HE WOULDNT BE ONE.IT SEEMS AFTER THAT MARION GAME YALL WOKE UP A DECIDED TO PLAY.

SingleWingGuru

Quote from: PATRIOTPLAYER54 on April 10, 2006, 09:03:25 am
mybe the part were you said we are overrated and that there is no way we can make the playoffs

I have never said that.  Maybe that is why your panties are in a wad.

I've had you predicted as third in the east and in the playoffs for this entire offseason.

You need to check yourself.  Don't flame one of your only advocates on the board.

JvilleDevils

Quote from: PATRIOTPLAYER54 on April 10, 2006, 09:28:41 am
IT SEEMS AFTER THAT MARION GAME YALL WOKE UP A DECIDED TO PLAY.

Are you talking about Jacksonville? I'm pretty sure we haven't played Marion....

PATRIOTPLAYER54

talking bout mountain homwe but good try.buddy.

reddevillineman79

wow you beat mh thats great that was in the past that is no sign that you can do it again.

JvilleDevils

Quote from: PATRIOTPLAYER54 on April 11, 2006, 08:57:33 am
talking bout mountain homwe but good try.buddy.

IF you were talking about MH then why did you quote this:

Quote from: PATRIOTPLAYER54 on April 10, 2006, 09:28:41 am
Quote from: reddevillineman79 on April 10, 2006, 09:19:41 am
I HOPE IS READY TO COACH OR HE WOULDNT BE ONE.IT SEEMS AFTER THAT MARION GAME YALL WOKE UP A DECIDED TO PLAY.

Which had absolutely nothing to do with MH...

DancinDevil

Quote from: Dat Chedda on April 02, 2006, 12:56:05 pm
if he is the best coach then he woulda came up wit a strategy to beat springdale am i right?
No....i doubt really anybody cant beat springdale

reddevillineman79

no you mean anybody could beat springdale.

WmHs_09

i think coach d!! and the coach at Hughes!! were the best two in the state !!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas