• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

X Factors

Started by 69RFan, March 29, 2006, 09:52:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

69RFan

Who are the Biggest X Factor players to watch in the 7A this year
The Player who on any given play can change the course of a game

dannyj

do you think pine bluff will be good next year

69RFan

Kodi is a player most know about are their ones most dont

olddog79

Quote from: 69RFan on April 03, 2006, 02:05:41 pm
Kodi is a player most know about are their ones most dont
PUNCTUATION.

not ray

Well if they are capable of breaking a game open anytime they touch the ball I guessing people are aware of who they are.  Kind of hard to keep that kind of player under wraps.

rhs_07

Quote from: S.D. Jones on April 03, 2006, 02:23:03 pm
Well if they are capable of breaking a game open anytime they touch the ball I guessing people are aware of who they are. Kind of hard to keep that kind of player under wraps.

Upcoming sophomores, transfers from out of state or smaller classifications...not everyone gets the attention they might deserve.

not ray

And who would know that about them at this point?  You could only speculate right now that they have that ability.

69RFan

players who practice with them and see the talent they have that kind of player

olddog79

Quote from: 69RFan on April 04, 2006, 01:26:08 pm
players who practice with them and see the talent they have that kind of player
Have you guys already started Spring practice?

rhs_07

Quote from: S.D. Jones on April 04, 2006, 11:03:16 am
And who would know that about them at this point? You could only speculate right now that they have that ability.

It's is usually fairly easy to tell if someone has the kind of atheletisism (sp). But really all I'm is that it's possible that there will be game breakers everyone hasnt heard about.

not ray

Well so far I guess there are not any. 

Ar Hawks 34

Quote from: S.D. Jones on April 03, 2006, 02:23:03 pm

Upcoming sophomores, transfers from out of state or smaller classifications...not everyone gets the attention they might deserve.

look out for rb from kimmons  , he'll play right away

dogfan07

i think jamie jones will be a game breaker at rb and lb next yr for the red dogs. then steven llyod (sp) if he plays wide out he has the abilty with speed and he is a very hard person to tackle or at least he was at southwest.

O-Line4Ever

i agree with dogfan about jones....not sure about this lloyd kid tho...never heard of him

harborwho13

yea im pretty sure youve herd of him, u do go to school with him

O-Line4Ever

Well unless he goes to the U of A then i definatly dont go to school with him.

harborwho13

hhhmmm....whats yur name if u go to the O of A

olddog79

Quote from: harborwho13 on April 19, 2006, 01:00:16 pm
hhhmmm....whats yur name if u go to the O of A
O fo A ?   come on JJ, you can do better than that.

dogfan07

oline ur an idiot man. you should be on the o line because they are stupid. j/k jc you really are an idiot tho.

O-Line4Ever

i dont know who this jc is yall are talking about....and dogfan....u have NO room to call ANYONE an idiot

key_stone12

dogfan can call whoever he wants an idiot...

olddog79

Quote from: Skip Schumaker on April 20, 2006, 11:47:56 am
dogfan can call whoever he wants an idiot...
Does it take one to know one?

dogfan07

nope i just know the kid and hes a idiot.

Rzrbacks77

So Jaime Jones is going to play RB for Springdale this year? He could definatly be a gamebreaker with that size and speed.

sdbulldogs13

I would agree with you on the statement about Jamie Jones- I think some people may count SDale out of some things, but there is tradition there!

dogfan07

the bad thing about it is he gettin bigger and faster then last yr.bad for the 7a.i think springdale's d will be the strong point for the bulldogs next yr. there o will only have to score 2 or 3 td's a game next yr.

dogfan07

they have experince at every level on the feild. they have 2nd stringers that could of played their postion at any other school in the 5a. they are faster and strong then last years team and the 2nd strings got a bunch of pt last yr as well. i think they will be better then what ppl are thinking.

olddog79

You're right about the other teams pulling people early last year with Springdale, but those teams only did that maybe once or twice last year. Springdale did it every game. That's a big difference.

Also, alot of those juniors rotated in and out during the first half of most games.

olddog79

Quote from: constantine on April 26, 2006, 11:00:19 pm
Quote from: olddog79 on April 26, 2006, 10:56:31 pm
You're right about the other teams pulling people early last year with Springdale, but those teams only did that maybe once or twice last year. Springdale did it every game. That's a big difference.

Also, alot of those juniors rotated in and out during the first half of most games.

I was at most games and when sdale totally pulled their starters so did most other teams......a few kept playing but most got pulled..........and it is different when you are playing not being up by a whole lot.......so in the case of sdale being experieced in an actual game against a teams 1st string this team doesnt have that much experience
What I'm saying is that the SD juniors played the entire 2nd half of  almost every game. Most others schools didn't do that. Therefore SD's Juniors got alot more playing time. And YES, that does make a big difference. It's obivious.

not ray

Another thing to take note.  Is that all those teams were beat down and the mercy rule was envoked.   Hard to play hard when you are down 40 points and the clock never stops.  The second halves of those games were just a clock running down. 

olddog79

I'm not saying that it's the same thing. I'm just saying ANY playing time helps, and SD's juniors got plenty of it.

dogfan07

but sd's 2nd string did that 12 times and they are playin the same 2nd stringers and if you look at it they still didnt hardly give up any pts against those teams

not ray

The experience they got in the second halves of those games is basically apples and oranges when you compare it to playing in a varsity game that is competitive.  Even when varsity players were on the field they were beat down and got only a few plays at most.  It is hard to get very many snaps at all when the clock is running continuosly.  It is just not the same. 

olddog79

Quote from: constantine on April 27, 2006, 09:16:11 pm
i know but the thing about it is.......so did everyone else's........so they are no better off than ne one else
Who else had there 2nd string in early as much as SD? No one. The only time the other teams put their 2nd string in early was against SD. Where as the Bulldogs did it every time. That's the DIFFERENCE! Once vs 14 times.
And I know it not the same as 1st half playing time, But PT is PT...it ALL helps.

dogfan07

true but springdale is hungry to show ppl that we still got another fight in us and the players are prolly workin harder then any other team in the state right now to prove everyone wrong.

key_stone12

Springdale also had juniors starting on varsity... Eric Jones will be a force to be reckoned when receivers try to go across the middle... they have a good d-line with wright wright parsons and duron...

BetweenTheHedges

In 2002 the talent pool in the state of Arkansas was as solid as I've ever seen it - especially in the AAAAA West. Every team has a handful of gamebreakers... Southside: Slick Shelly, Scott Eady.. Northside: Kayham Burns, Kristoff Sterling.. Fayetteville: Woody Wilson, Cedric Logan, Wallace Spearmon.. Russellville: Tracy Stiger, Landon Leach. Springdale had the best team in the state that year. The only blemish was a Homecoming upset loss to Russellville (Leach went off for 400 yards and 6 TD's). Prior to that game SHS dominated Southside on the road and beat Fayetteville in a classic in Springdale, and after that game they reeled off something like 7 straight 28+ point wins before beating Russellville in the greatest high school football game I've ever seen first hand to advance to the state championship. They lost their starting QB in the 1st quarter and eventually the game to Southside. But I said all of that to say this... the 2006 version of the Springdale Bulldogs is a better team on paper than we had in 2002. Much better QB, equally as capable in the backfield, better WR's, and faster on defense. The difference? In 2001 we were not very good. The talent level went up the next season and we looked much more impressive. In 2005 we were one of the best high school football teams Arkansas has ever seen. This is not the case in 2006. We are one of the better teams in the state, if not the best team in the state... but we wont win every single game by 35+. We may have to win by normal football scores. But its not fair to compare any team to last years SHS squad... including this years squad. I'll tell you what... for the second straight season we have 4-6 D-1 prospects... can Fayetteville or Northside or anyone else say that?

key_stone12

Quote from: constantine on April 30, 2006, 03:22:13 pm
the 2005 Bulldogs were not the best this state has seen........if i had to give a best it would be the 03 central team.......the 04 SHS team was basically the 05 team w/ 04 having a better D........and the 04 Central team which was a dupleted version of the 03 manhandled the bulldogs.......and the 06 bulldogs dont have aproven QB.......people can look good on paper but that doesnt mean squat on the field......and SHS does not have the most D1 prospects this year.....FHS does have five off the top of my head......and as for NHS i dont know for sure.......SHS had a great team last year not the best.......

Why are you always bashing anything Springdale related? Why not realize that the team that Springdale put out in 05' was the best this state has ever seen? Give credit where it was due. Springdale's JV could have beat almost every teams Varsity last year. Maybe people will realize how good last years team was after this years team goes to state.

harborwho13

i think these boards should be banned until everyone has played a game. after that you know how good everyone is. its pointless to argue about teams from the past. those teams dont matter anymore, their in the past. this is another year and another team. it all changes every year

BetweenTheHedges

Constantine the only thing I'm pretty sure about is that you are so opinionated and anti-Springdale that you make yourself sound ignorant. What about LR Central was depleted in 2004? They lost two key defenders from the year before (a year in which they were a junior laden state championship team). For that reason they were great in '03 and '04. Springdale's defense matched them blow for blow for 40 minutes in 2003 before bowing out, and they were one stop away from getting an opportunity to go for the win in 2004. And I wont even get into how hard it is to play at Quigley Stadium or how Springdale managed to stay with LRC in '04 without Mustain and with an injured Adams at QB. The argument over which team was the best was worn out about four months ago. You're so busy bashing Springdale that you're totally missing the boat... or maybe you're just conveniently ignoring the boat. Let's review... just so I dont feel like I wasted my time... you ready? Just because Springdale was incredibly dominant in '05 does not make it permissable to dismiss the '06 version just because they dont have the same kind of star power. Like I said, the 2006 Bulldogs are as talented as anyone in the state on paper. And this just in... IT'S MAY. Paper is all there is to go off of.

key_stone12

CLAP!

Finally, someone puts him in his place.

olddog79

Two claps...well said.

Cabotfan

Quote from: BetweenTheHedges on May 02, 2006, 02:18:35 am
Constantine the only thing I'm pretty sure about is that you are so opinionated and anti-Springdale that you make yourself sound ignorant. ...

Just because Springdale was incredibly dominant in '05 does not make it permissable to dismiss the '06 version just because they dont have the same kind of star power. Like I said, the 2006 Bulldogs are as talented as anyone in the state on paper. And this just in... IT'S MAY. Paper is all there is to go off of.

And your not "opinionated"? I'm not sure that he is any more "anti-Springdale", than you guys are pro-Springdale. His opinion is not any different than yours. That doesn't make his wrong any more than it makes yours right. I agree that the horse, about the best team, is dead.

Quote from: Skip Schumaker on May 01, 2006, 11:40:13 am
Springdale's JV could have beat almost every teams Varsity last year.

That is a pretty BOLD statement!

key_stone12

Well considering how their JV team played, I'll make the statement. And I'm not pro Springdale. I grew up loving them but I could care less about them now. It will eventually all be about the West side of Springdale. Except in soccer. But thats a different story.

olddog79

Quote from: constantine on May 02, 2006, 02:30:11 pm
Constantine the only thing I'm pretty sure about is that you are so opinionated and anti-Springdale that you make yourself sound ignorant. What about LR Central was depleted in 2004? They lost two key defenders from the year before (a year in which they were a junior laden state championship team). For that reason they were great in '03 and '04. Springdale's defense matched them blow for blow for 40 minutes in 2003 before bowing out, and they were one stop away from getting an opportunity to go for the win in 2004. And I wont even get into how hard it is to play at Quigley Stadium or how Springdale managed to stay with LRC in '04 without Mustain and with an injured Adams at QB. The argument over which team was the best was worn out about four months ago. You're so busy bashing Springdale that you're totally missing the boat... or maybe you're just conveniently ignoring the boat. Let's review... just so I dont feel like I wasted my time... you ready? Just because Springdale was incredibly dominant in '05 does not make it permissable to dismiss the '06 version just because they dont have the same kind of star power. Like I said, the 2006 Bulldogs are as talented as anyone in the state on paper. And this just in... IT'S MAY. Paper is all there is to go off of.

well you are an idiot......
Brilliant argument...when all else fails, call them names.

olddog79

Quote from: constantine on May 02, 2006, 02:47:49 pm
.....i am sick of arguing w/ SD people who think
...so stop.  We will survive without you.

BetweenTheHedges

Quote from: constantine on May 02, 2006, 03:40:51 pm
Quote from: olddog79 on May 02, 2006, 03:02:24 pm
Quote from: constantine on May 02, 2006, 02:30:11 pm

well you are an idiot......
Brilliant argument...when all else fails, call them names.

i was saying he was an idiot for the comments he made.......if anyone thinks SD was even close in any of those games they are crazy.........i was their and talked to not only the coaches but some of the parents and they all agreed SD got man handled.......
ok... just because I'm stubborn...
In 2003 the game was tied 7-7 with 8:47 left in the 4th quarter. That is when LRC picked off a Martinez pass and ran it back inside the 10. Three plays later Mickey Dean scored from 3 yards out to put LRC up 14-7. They scored again with a little over 3 minutes left to put the game away at 21-7. Central actually could have scored again if they had wanted to (Dean ripped off a 60+ yard run to set up 1st and Goal from the 9 with 40 seconds left) but they sat on it and ran the clock out. After the INT the wheels absolutely came off... but if you would hold off on the name calling and scroll up a little bit, you would see that I said SHS played with Central for 40 minutes... not 48.
In 2004, Russ Greenlee returned a fumble 57 yards for a touchdown to make the score 27-21 with just under 4 minutes to play. (This after losing Mustain and traling 20-0 in the 1st half)... LRC (on the legs of Mickey Dean) ate the majority of the remaining clock before kicking a 32 yard field goal to ice it with about 30 seconds to go. That doesnt qualify as being in the game?
Before you call me an "idiot" who "doesnt know anything about football" you should understand that... a) I PLAYED in the LRC games. I wasnt sitting up in the stands playing arm chair QB (or in your case I didnt talk to someone who's best friend's uncle went to high school with a guy who shared a dorm room with Gus Malzahn's ex-gf's brother... who said that the game wasnt close)... and b) do you have any idea how hard it is to say that last year's team was better than my own? It would benefit me to talk about how awesome Central was because it would make us look better. But being the idiot that I am, that's just not how I feel...

BetweenTheHedges

oh, and on the subject... Cameron Walker will be electrifying if Fayetteville can find a way to get him the football in space consistantly.

BetweenTheHedges

agree to disagree on the SHS/LRC thing... FHS is loaded... as is SHS, and possibly Bentonville. The West is usually the dominant conference, and I look for nothing different this coming fall. I personally cant hardly wait.

GrizzlyCarnes6

Quote from: constantine on May 02, 2006, 03:20:20 pm
i say Kodi Burns has the potential to just erupt and have a monster year........and that could translate to a conf and potentially a state title.........
me2

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas