• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Searcy Lions, 2006 5A State Champs!?!

Started by retiredlion05, December 09, 2005, 11:05:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

retiredlion05

I know that this is far fetched and unrealistic but does anyone see a state championship in the Lions near future?  What are everyones' thoughts?

not ray

triple dog

Picked the wrong leader for that.  Politics don't win state championships.

O-Line Forever

December 09, 2005, 12:16:51 pm #3 Last Edit: January 12, 2006, 11:58:45 am by O-Line Forever
Sorry. I don't see Searcy winning the state title of any kind in the next 10 years.

powerlifter90

how about this................. does anyone see Searcy winning more than one game next year, or any year after?

Rumorcide

Defense wins championships, they have a lot farther to go on the defensive side than the offensive side. Both are still a long ways away.

voiceofthepanthers

I just picked myself off the floor from laughing at the thought.

Uncle Ivan

retiredlion05

Quote from: DR on December 09, 2005, 03:46:40 pm
Searcy won't even be in AAAAA next year.

Are you sure about that?  I thought they were staying in AAAAA.  Are they dropping back down to AAAA? 

SingleWingGuru

Quote from: retiredlion05 on December 09, 2005, 04:40:47 pm
Quote from: DR on December 09, 2005, 03:46:40 pm
Searcy won't even be in AAAAA next year.

Are you sure about that? I thought they were staying in AAAAA. Are they dropping back down to AAAA?

They will be in the 6A or AAAAAA

Marion
Mountain Home
Forrest City
West Memphis
Searcy
Jonesboro
Sylvan Hills
Jacksonville

ThaCarter87

you will see WEST MEMPHIS winning tha ship next year

RD™

WM#1fanman

West Memphis is losing a lot of Players. Marion has a good shot at coming on strong next year. I think the 6A will hear a lot about Darcell Johnson.
He is a little of Marquette Williams and Xavier Murry wrapped up in one package. Marion has three plays Darcell left, right and up the middle. He will get about 200 yards every game. Watch for him in 2006.

AB™

Until the get rid of the new format the 6A title will be tainted.  The 7A will actually still mean something because actual contenders in the now AAAAA will be a part of the new 7A.

SingleWingGuru

Quote from: WM#1fanman on December 11, 2005, 12:39:53 am
West Memphis is losing a lot of Players. Marion has a good shot at coming on strong next year. I think the 6A will hear a lot about Darcell Johnson.
He is a little of Marquette Williams and Xavier Murry wrapped up in one package. Marion has three plays Darcell left, right and up the middle. He will get about 200 yards every game. Watch for him in 2006.

Marion, West Memphis, Mountain Home, and Jacksonville will REALLY be battling it out for the top four next year in my book.

What I'd Like to see:

West Memphis
Mountain Home
Marion
Jacksonville

What we will probably see:

Marion/West Memphis
Jacksonville
Mountain home

Googlymoogly

We're calling the 6A the Div. 1-AA of Arkansas high school sports

Rumorcide

December 11, 2005, 03:04:50 pm #16 Last Edit: December 11, 2005, 03:11:26 pm by Squealer

Are you psychotic?! Marty? Come on man, did somebody in Marion pay you and Jeremy2365 money to put them up there? On second thought, let's build those Patriots up. They won their second playoff game this year!
This isn't ......

SingleWingGuru

Quote from: Squealer on December 11, 2005, 03:04:50 pm

Are you psychotic?! Marty? Come on man, did somebody in Marion pay you and Jeremy2365 money to put them up there? On second thought, let's build those Patriots up. They won their second playoff game this year!
This isn't ......

No one paid me off... and no i'm not proud to admit it.  :( it saddens me a team with such a horribly stupid fan base can be good.

Marion will be a force to reckon with next year :(.  Good runningbacks, ballsy coaching, a lot of brewing talent--- it could be a good first year for them.

Let's hope we are wrong.

BD Baby

Jeremy I thought you were a Mt. Home Fan? You know you have to include Forrest City. If we find 3 OL & 2 DL, we will be alright later own. Ya better get us early.

SingleWingGuru

Quote from: BD Baby on December 11, 2005, 03:42:35 pm
Jeremy I thought you were a Mt. Home Fan? You know you have to include Forrest City. If we find 3 OL & 2 DL, we will be alright later own. Ya better get us early.

I am a Mountain Home fan... it is still early I may change my mind as we go along but here is my reasoning.

1.  West Memphis will lose some stuff, but West Memphis will always be a dominant force in the conference.

2.  Mountain Home returns a LOT of weapons on the team, is bringing up size and speed (something it needed) from the freshman and sophomore classes.  Has a clutch kicker coming back, Austin Carlisle will touch the ball more (why didn't he see the rock some more times!?), has the Starting QB coming back, has two very good backs that will be sophomores, has some more size, and many other factors into building the program.

3.  Marion has the best runningback that I saw last year. PERIOD.  Xavier Murray was the most physical, but the Marion backs will be a force in the undersized AAAAAA West.

4.  Jacksonville has a lot of talent and depth coming into next year.  I believe in their offseason weight program too, so they will only be bigger and stronger.  PLUS, they get Cabot off of their backs in the conference schedule.  More years than not, that has been what has kept them from being in the upper tier of the conference, and that rivalry IMHO has hurt them more than it has helped.

5.  Forrest City will be good, BUT they really don't bring any improvements to the game they had this year. They lose lineman, and i'm still not sold on the discipline of the team.  They have and have had a tendency to self destruct when it counts the most.  Reed is good, but the conference is going to be a lot better next year.

Hey now... don't flame... it is way to early to get upset or excited about predictions, and i respect all the teams in that conference.

Majique™

powerlifter90

Searcy probably could compete for the 5A state championship.......................... if they were in 5A next year....

But, since they aren't they will probably win 2 games.

OLDBEAR

Quote from: Almabball on December 11, 2005, 12:43:56 am
Until the get rid of the new format the 6A title will be tainted. The 7A will actually still mean something because actual contenders in the now AAAAA will be a part of the new 7A.

If the 6A title next year is tainted because schools two and three times the size of the 6A schools are no longer competing with smaller schools, then all of the titles below 5A have been tainted every year.  What is it about creating a division that has schools that are closer in size than before that makes everyone think this thing is so bad?  Let's just have a playoff next year with all of the schools in the state, rank them one to 150 and start a playoff in week one.  That way we can name a true state champion.  By the way, nine times out of ten, and probably 49 times out of 50, the state champion in that overall classification in football is going to come from the 16 largest schools.

SingleWingGuru

Quote from: Majique™ on December 12, 2005, 12:21:16 pm
LOL, who cares!

well, i mean... obviously not you... because cabot will be in the AAAAAAA-Central next year...

oh wait... nevermind, not gonna touch that one.

Enjoy your sub .500 record in a different conference.

Majique™

Quote from: Jeremy2653 on December 12, 2005, 03:07:03 pm
Quote from: Majique™ on December 12, 2005, 12:21:16 pm
LOL, who cares!

well, i mean... obviously not you... because cabot will be in the AAAAAAA-Central next year...

oh wait... nevermind, not gonna touch that one.

Enjoy your sub .500 record in a different conference.
Do you honestly believe I give a crap about Cabot's record next season?  Living in Benton and covering Cabot doesn't mean I live and die by how Cabot plays.  Get real!

retiredlion05

Quote from: Majique™ on December 13, 2005, 03:31:08 pm

Do you honestly believe I give a crap about Cabot's record next season? Living in Benton and covering Cabot doesn't mean I live and die by how Cabot plays. Get real!

Majique, are you serious?  For some reason, I thought you were a Cabot fan!  Great, now this means that my WHOLE life has been a lie!

Majique™

Quote from: retiredlion05 on December 13, 2005, 03:51:51 pm
Quote from: Majique™ on December 13, 2005, 03:31:08 pm

Do you honestly believe I give a crap about Cabot's record next season? Living in Benton and covering Cabot doesn't mean I live and die by how Cabot plays. Get real!

Majique, are you serious?  For some reason, I thought you were a Cabot fan!  Great, now this means that my WHOLE life has been a lie!
NOOOOOOOOOO, I was being sarcastic!

I love the Cabot Panthers!!!!!!!!!

retiredlion05

I've talked to a few players and coaches at the old Searcy High School and they seem to be very confident that 1-9 was a fluke and they are predicting a conference championship this year!

Go Searcy!

sportscaster

Searcy could not compete for a state championship in 4A, 5A, 6A or 7A next year and likely not for a couple of years. The young players need to buy into the new system and put it into practice in Jr High so they can have an impact when they are in senior high. then we may see something.

Tony the Tiger

AB™

rhs_07

i wish i had a bridge to drive off of now

OurLadyOfSorrow

4. Jacksonville has a lot of talent and depth coming into next year. I believe in their offseason weight program too, so they will only be bigger and stronger. PLUS, they get Cabot off of their backs in the conference schedule. More years than not, that has been what has kept them from being in the upper tier of the conference, and that rivalry IMHO has hurt them more than it has helped.

Psh, like Cabot is a challenge or something.

JACKET_LE94

Quote from: Almabball on December 11, 2005, 12:43:56 am
Until the get rid of the new format the 6A title will be tainted. The 7A will actually still mean something because actual contenders in the now AAAAA will be a part of the new 7A.

so AA, AAA, AAAA, AAAAA, AAAAAA- all tainted titles?? well if thats the case then lets just dissolve all the football programs in the state except for the ones in the AAAAAAA. Because thats all that matters is the title- right?

Pentnor

Quote from: OurLadyOfSorrow on January 13, 2006, 01:20:04 pm

Psh, like Cabot is a challenge or something.
not that i like cabot but we could say the same thing about jacksonville since the red devils have never beaten us
psh, like jacksonville is a challenge or something

powerlifter90

I think jax beat cabot the last two years in football

Pentnor

Quote from: BUGEATERS on January 24, 2006, 09:51:20 am
so what you've NEVER beaten us though

Tony the Tiger

Pentnor

Quote from: Tony the Tiger on January 27, 2006, 01:20:48 pm
Quote from: Pooch Slayer on January 27, 2006, 01:07:57 pm
'us' being?
click on my name, see the PB, that dont stand for peanut butter.  check the records once you get all the schools with PB and find out which one has beaten jville EVERY time and you'll have your answer

powerlifter90

Quote from: Pooch Slayer on January 27, 2006, 01:27:18 pm
Quote from: Tony the Tiger on January 27, 2006, 01:20:48 pm
Quote from: Pooch Slayer on January 27, 2006, 01:07:57 pm
'us' being?
click on my name, see the PB, that dont stand for peanut butter. check the records once you get all the schools with PB and find out which one has beaten jville EVERY time and you'll have your answer

haven't played in RECENT years.  PB isn't near what they were when they were competing for SC's every year.

Jax would have killed PB last year, and will do it in 06 if they play

gameoflife

Quote from: retiredlion05 on December 09, 2005, 11:05:18 am
I know that this is far fetched and unrealistic but does anyone see a state championship in the Lions near future? What are everyones' thoughts?

Not if you are talking football. 

Dat Chedda

I heard Searcy should be pretty krunk this comin season. They supposed to have a krunk backfield too.

OurLadyOfSorrow

Did you know that Dr. Seuss invented the word "crunk"...

Tony the Tiger

Dat Chedda

Have you never heard anybody say that word???

pantherhater09

No doubt West Memphis will win the 6A champ this next year...but Searcy in a couple of years will have a chance b/c the 7th grade goin up to the 8th grade is very talented and could give Searcy a really good chance at the state championship

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas