• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warren vs Arkadelphia. 2nd Round. Let’s get it started!

Started by AirWarren, November 09, 2018, 08:46:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HeberFan

Quote from: hogfan10 on November 27, 2018, 11:23:09 am
Not my intention.
Just saying that when things come easy on many/most occasions, it's a difficult adjustment on the occasions when resistance is applied.
Often character is obtained/learned through failure.

Razorbacks must have gotten LOADS of character the last few seasons ????

hogfan10

Quote from: HeberFan on November 27, 2018, 12:44:31 pm
Razorbacks must have gotten LOADS of character the last few seasons ????

Well, I'm sure they've learned to lose w/class, hopefully.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: Jack74 on November 27, 2018, 10:54:32 am
Some of the hardest workers warren has ever had were on this team so please don't throw the whole group under the bus for a few bad apples
I certainly didn't mean to clump all the players into the same category, the Lumberjacks have some fine young men playing on the team. But the bad apple scenario definitely applies this season.

game on

Hembree is a good coach for sure.  I just had to poke a little fun at the end of the season drop since people are often hyping his coaching ability as the reason they win so much.  I have always said it takes really good athletes before coaching is a factor.  Losing Burkes shows how true this is.  Especially when you are riding one great horse.

Superjack45

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on November 26, 2018, 09:10:35 pm
When we lost Burks we lost more than a great high school player, we love lost a leader on the field. This group of players played behind the undefeated group of '16. They received the awards that group had to bust their butts for. When the '16 group were just sophomores it was only 5 of them. They had to do it all, put out equipment, push the drinking water out to the field, practice the entire practice with no sitting out to rest, then pick up everything before they were done. They would have to make multiple trips back and forth to get it done and that where they started to depend on one another. They knew it took crazy amounts of work to win games and it just didn't start on the field on Friday night. That group just didn't know how to lose because all the work they did just to be on the team. This '18 group complained every time they were asked to do anything. Probably making some parents mad but these players were on the lazy side and lacked a little character when the going got rough. Hembree is a dang good coach, sucks as an AD and is a horrible handyman, but he can coach. He can't make every class that comes through have drive it takes to go all the way.
Well I cant speak for them all but #1 worked his butt off this summer trying to get ready for this year he didn't have a summer we was at the D1 facility and at Warren indoor facility and at countless camps putting in work not counting the 7 on 7 he played in sk not all of them complained or was lazy. I am just going to say this and I am done you cant build a team around one player because once that player go down then it's like starting form scratch and that's exactly what it looked like once your star athlete was down and I know high school coaches do it all the time but IJS I dont think its healthy for the team and I will shut up and listen.

AirWarren

Quote from: Superjack45 on November 29, 2018, 08:48:58 am
   Well I cant speak for them all but #1 worked his butt off this summer trying to get ready for this year he didn't have a summer we was at the D1 facility and at Warren indoor facility and at countless camps putting in work not counting the 7 on 7 he played in sk not all of them complained or was lazy. I am just going to say this and I am done you cant build a team around one player because once that player go down then it's like starting form scratch and that's exactly what it looked like once your star athlete was down and I know high school coaches do it all the time but IJS I dont think its healthy for the team and I will shut up and listen.

The biggest deficiency Warren had this year. Lack of depth at LB and bad LB play.

STUNNA

Unless you have a Treylon Burks on your team... you don't know how you would use him. It isn't like McKnight, Steppes, and Kinnard didn't have great seasons last year.. lol. Linebacker play, Wide receiver play, qb play, special teams play, and about everything else went down when he went down. Yea he might have been used to much. But the whole beginning of the year Hembree used him a lot less than years past trying to rest him and also get others involved. While doing this i personally thought the team through the Dumas game never got to its full potential offensively because of that. Not a knock on the coaching staff or players.. but more of a compliment to just what Treylon Burks has meant to Warren the past 4 years. He's been the safety net this whole time. And unless you are a coach with an unstoppable player you don't know what you would do or how you would use him.

AirWarren

Quote from: STUNNA on November 29, 2018, 09:32:35 am
Unless you have a Treylon Burks on your team... you don't know how you would use him. It isn't like McKnight, Steppes, and Kinnard didn't have great seasons last year.. lol. Linebacker play, Wide receiver play, qb play, special teams play, and about everything else went down when he went down. Yea he might have been used to much. But the whole beginning of the year Hembree used him a lot less than years past trying to rest him and also get others involved. While doing this i personally thought the team through the Dumas game never got to its full potential offensively because of that. Not a knock on the coaching staff or players.. but more of a compliment to just what Treylon Burks has meant to Warren the past 4 years. He's been the safety net this whole time. And unless you are a coach with an unstoppable player you don't know what you would do or how you would use him.

It was just one of those situations where the wheel came off the train and it never could get itself back on the track. This senior class has been a good one. Very fun to watch. Wish them the best.

One thing great about Lumberjack football is reloading. Going to be exciting to see the new blood come in and see what they can do. Lots of linemen return which always plays into favor when Warren is at its best.

Superjack45

Quote from: STUNNA on November 29, 2018, 09:32:35 am
I do agree with that but we can all agree that the younger athletes just didn't pan out like Bo thought we lost more last year than we thought but with that being said excited to see what next year hold. I think  Qb play with as far as accurate passing will help out cause seen the young man throw it and it's a beautiful sight don't know why he wasn't used more this year but I am just saying.

STUNNA

Quote from: Superjack45 on November 29, 2018, 10:17:56 am
I do agree with that but we can all agree that the younger athletes just didn't pan out like Bo thought we lost more last year than we thought but with that being said excited to see what next year hold. I think  Qb play with as far as accurate passing will help out cause seen the young man throw it and it's a beautiful sight don't know why he wasn't used more this year but I am just saying.
when i mean qb play went down.. i meant because kinnards biggest and most reliable weapon went down. Usually had a double team on him and left other receivers open because of it. Him being on the field literally cut the field in half defensively. And it normally let us play offensively 8/9 against 10.

STUNNA

Quote from: AirWarren on November 29, 2018, 10:15:51 am
It was just one of those situations where the wheel came off the train and it never could get itself back on the track. This senior class has been a good one. Very fun to watch. Wish them the best.

One thing great about Lumberjack football is reloading. Going to be exciting to see the new blood come in and see what they can do. Lots of linemen return which always plays into favor when Warren is at its best.
absolutely. If we don't make a run next year, I'll say we will be in the hunt in 2 for sure.

And if I'm not mistake i believe this was the winningest class in Lumberjack history.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: Superjack45 on November 29, 2018, 08:48:58 am
Wasn't #1, but SJ you as well as I know the inside scoop. Offseason stuff. All that showed lack of character. I've been in J'mac's corner since last year telling folks to calm down and give him a chance to grow at the QB position. I'm never said every young man on the team was lazy, but there was enough on the team to say it was a lazy group. I know kids mature but I saw it with my own eyes when they were 9-10th graders.

STUNNA

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on November 29, 2018, 11:02:54 am
Wasn't #1, but SJ you as well as I know the inside scoop. Offseason stuff. All that showed lack of character. I've been in J'mac's corner since last year telling folks to calm down and give him a chance to grow at the QB position. I'm never said every young man on the team was lazy, but there was enough on the team to say it was a lazy group. I know kids mature but I saw it with my own eyes when they were 9-10th graders.
easy to be lazy and complacent when you have a generational talent on the team. With a couple other college kids!

HeberFan

Quote from: STUNNA on November 29, 2018, 12:09:24 pm
easy to be lazy and complacent when you have a generational talent on the team. With a couple other college kids!

Warren is the posterchild for lazy and complacent. They must hand out conference and state championships for that, because, Jacks have lots of them!

Superjack45

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on November 29, 2018, 11:02:54 am
Yeah its definitely a lack of maturity in this group because he would come home and say to me that they are not serious enough and they were playing and joking around all the time and he would be hacked about it and when ever he would try and tell them about it they would get attitude. They didn't gel together like past teams did was a lot of selfishness going on and they are a young team a lot of Sophomores started on defense.

game on

Quote from: Superjack45 on November 30, 2018, 08:31:06 am
Yeah its definitely a lack of maturity in this group because he would come home and say to me that they are not serious enough and they were playing and joking around all the time and he would be hacked about it and when ever he would try and tell them about it they would get attitude. They didn't gel together like past teams did was a lot of selfishness going on and they are a young team a lot of Sophomores started on defense.

Every once in a while success goes to a person's head.

Eaglefreak

Losing a player like Burkes affects your whole conference.  He was the best player in every game.  Real good baseball player too.

STUNNA

Saw Burks stats were posted today... 16/39 touches resulted in touchdowns. And that was with limited offensive snaps this season. Was on pace for close to 50tds this year.

HeberFan

Quote from: STUNNA on December 13, 2018, 11:33:01 am
Saw Burks stats were posted today... 16/39 touches resulted in touchdowns. And that was with limited offensive snaps this season. Was on pace for close to 50tds this year.

So, he only scored 41 percent of the time he touched the ball this year? Less than half. Guess that's a win for the defenses?  :o)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas