• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stuttgart ejections

Started by Little Bear, October 18, 2018, 09:30:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Little Bear

Sounds like 1 if not many Riverview players were ejected from last Friday's game with Stuttgart.    I was curious if any Stuttgart players got ejected?

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Little Bear on October 18, 2018, 09:30:50 am
Sounds like 1 if not many Riverview players were ejected from last Friday's game with Stuttgart.    I was curious if any Stuttgart players got ejected?

No they didn't, and I don't believe Stuttgart even had any personal fouls penalties. Riverview had 11 personal fouls/unsportsmanlike conduct penalties.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 18, 2018, 09:57:12 am
No they didn't, and I don't believe Stuttgart even had any personal fouls penalties. Riverview had 11 personal fouls/unsportsmanlike conduct penalties.
Wow

bigchief72455

That is just shameful.

Trojanbird

11-0?  That's hard to believe, did Stuttgart take their own refs on the team bus?

The Ref

Riverview had 8 personal/unsportsmanlike penalties.  3-4 were contact penalties, others were for "taunting".  I believe Stuttgart only had 1 , which was a taunting as well, not 100% sure on that.  Total penalties ended up being like 17-2 according to the local newspaper.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: The Ref on October 18, 2018, 10:33:03 am
Riverview had 8 personal/unsportsmanlike penalties.  3-4 were contact penalties, others were for "taunting".  I believe Stuttgart only had 1 , which was a taunting as well, not 100% sure on that.  Total penalties ended up being like 17-2 according to the local newspaper.

Our count was 11 for Riverview, but nevertheless it was too many. I believe Stuttgart's only one was actually called when Walker hurdled the defender (which is illegal) on the 96yd interception return where he was hit from behind in the knees...5yds deep in the end zone.

The Ref

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 18, 2018, 10:54:50 am
Our count was 11 for Riverview, but nevertheless it was too many. I believe Stuttgart's only one was actually called when Walker hurdled the defender (which is illegal) on the 96yd interception return where he was hit from behind in the knees...5yds deep in the end zone.
Yep, that is correct & yes Riverview had way too many.

dirtybird12

Good ole White County class.

jacosportsfreak

Quote from: dirtybird12 on October 18, 2018, 11:07:36 am
Good ole White County class.

Not every school in White county acts that way.

moneyminers

wait, hurdling is illegal in HS football?

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: moneyminers on October 18, 2018, 12:24:28 pm
wait, hurdling is illegal in HS football?

Yes, you can't hurdle a standing defender. You can only hurdle someone who is laying on the ground.

It's a safety issue. You can very easily get upended and injured. It happened to Arkadelphia's Ty Kosters a few years ago in the first game of the season against Stuttgart. He blew out his knee and missed the rest of the year.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Yes. It supposedly protects the runner. It doesn't get called all the time especially around the goal line.

HeberFan

Hurdling bad?  Maybe we should take hurdles out of track!

And hey, let's just "bear crawl" down the field. Fewer injuries that way.  Don't mean to offend any bears, by the way.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: HeberFan on October 18, 2018, 01:16:56 pm
Hurdling bad?  Maybe we should take hurdles out of track!

And hey, let's just "bear crawl" down the field. Fewer injuries that way.  Don't mean to offend any bears, by the way.
Oh, so now you want to lay off all the hurdle makers and stop making hurdles. Offensive!

bigchief72455

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on October 18, 2018, 02:52:05 pm
Oh, so now you want to lay off all the hurdle makers and stop making hurdles. Offensive!
Hurdle makers are the backbone of 'Merica. MAGA

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: bigchief72455 on October 18, 2018, 03:06:46 pm
Hurdle makers are the backbone of 'Merica. MAGA
[/quote Your patriotism is making me feel like kneeling...

footballdad2222

Quote from: Trojanbird on October 18, 2018, 10:29:35 am
11-0?  That's hard to believe, did Stuttgart take their own refs on the team bus?

Shut the heck up trojan bird.... you just cant seem to congradulate your team for holding in and keeping their composure... my son was out there!!!!!

Coltfan2005

Quote from: footballdad2222 on October 19, 2018, 11:53:21 am
Shut the heck up trojan bird.... you just cant seem to congradulate your team for holding in and keeping their composure... my son was out there!!!!!

perhaps you should not be on here reading people's posts if you are going to be that thin skinned.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas