• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Blytheville @ Batesville

Started by JacketFan, October 12, 2018, 11:04:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JacketFan

After seeing both teams, this is gonna be a shootout.  Comments?

PA Dad

I know Batesville always improves as the season progresses.  They showed that again tonight.

But Blytheville appears to be the best of the East.  A lot of us wondered if Batesville would even make the playoffs this year.

Batesville proved me wrong this week.  They can do so again next week but I think Blytheville wins this game.

Duck12

As a Chick fan Batesville always worries me. After watching the Chicks play last week they may be the hardest hitting high school team I've seen live. These boys will straight knock the crap out of you. They also may have the best D-line in the 5A. The offense is a little inconsistent but they are hard to score one when they are clicking. With the game in Batesville which has been an almost impossible place for the Chicks to win in, its gonna be a right game. Chicks pull it out 22-14.

JacketFan

Quote from: Duck12 on October 13, 2018, 01:55:57 pm
As a Chick fan Batesville always worries me. After watching the Chicks play last week they may be the hardest hitting high school team I've seen live. These boys will straight knock the crap out of you. They also may have the best D-line in the 5A. The offense is a little inconsistent but they are hard to score one when they are clicking. With the game in Batesville which has been an almost impossible place for the Chicks to win in, its gonna be a right game. Chicks pull it out 22-14.
Welcome to the board Duck, and I have been saying it for 4 weeks now, Blytheville ain't no joke.  Those kids play super agressive, and it is very hard to score on them.  Batesville should be a good game, if Coach King prepares as well as he did for Wynne, it will be a great game.  It seemed he had Paschals playbook during the Wynne game, but the Chicks have that I am bringing a Jon boat full of whoop butt mentality, and will break the opposing teams will.  If the Neers can not be broke mentally, they might have a fighting chance.  Good luck to both teams, play hard, play fair, and shake hands after a hard fought battle.

Missco

I think Blytheville is the best team in the east this year. However, I think Batesville wins and then the Chicks win out in conference play.

wynnefootballfan

from looking at the FF scoreboard the past few weeks it seems the Chicks have been putting some pionts on the board. If the same Chicks "D" I saw and from the low scores being given up makes it to Batesville healthy.. Solid edge to the Chicks.

Now that being said, it's in Batesville.  Um, yea there's that. Thats never good for anyone.

JessieP

October 13, 2018, 03:12:36 pm #6 Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 03:14:51 pm by JessieP
There is no doubt that Blytheville is the best in the east this year and should be the favorite. The one thing that gives me pause is the style Blytheville plays. Passing, spread run and gun teams give the Pioneers fits. The PA's, LRCA type teams scare me to death. A physical smash mouth game is Batesville's wheelhouse. Last night King pulled something out of his playbook that hasn't been seen since...forever. They peppered Wynne with short quick release passing plays. They took a superior Wynne D-line out of the game. If Batesville plays like they did last night, they win. If they resort back to the LRCA, Nettleton or Forrest City game they lose.

The_Pioneer

Hogman2018

Quote from: JessieP on October 13, 2018, 03:12:36 pm
There is no doubt that Blytheville is the best in the east this year and should be the favorite. The one thing that gives me pause is the style Blytheville plays. Passing, spread run and gun teams give the Pioneers fits. The PA's, LRCA type teams scare me to death. A physical smash mouth game is Batesville's wheelhouse. Last night King pulled something out of his playbook that hasn't been seen since...forever. They peppered Wynne with short quick release passing plays. They took a superior Wynne D-line out of the game. If Batesville plays like they did last night, they win. If they resort back to the LRCA, Nettleton or Forrest City game they lose.
Who is Batesville? Do they play 11-man football? I thought they played 8-man football!

JessieP

Quote from: Hogman2018 on October 13, 2018, 04:40:35 pm
Who is Batesville? Do they play 11-man football? I thought they played 8-man football!

Yes, They play 11 man football in the 5A. They have had a measure of success in that division. They are actually a 4A school, based on enrollment numbers, but were moved up to the 5A. Unfortunately PA is also in the 5A so we are relegated to also rans. Even though were a 4A school I enjoy being in the 5A. Can you imagine if they dropped us in football down a classification? How humiliating. I can't fathom being sissy slapped down a class. I guess you could file paperwork saying "Those meanies at Greenwood keep picking on us. Drop us down so those meanies at PA can pick on us". Getting dropped a class has got to sting.

Hogman2018

You dont make no sense you have 4A numbers but your in 5A! And no it doesnt sting I love play teams our size and much shorter road trips!  I dont know who told you were funny but you are not really. I guess your Mommy told you were! Good luck in the playoffs!

JessieP

Quote from: Hogman2018 on October 13, 2018, 05:35:25 pm
You dont make no sense you have 4A numbers but your in 5A! And no it doesnt sting I love play teams our size and much shorter road trips!  I dont know who told you were funny but you are not really. I guess your Mommy told you were! Good luck in the playoffs!

Can someone translate this to english for me so I can reply?

Hogman2018

What do you have a 6th grade education! You dont understand that something is wrong! I guess your responses are all perfect English. I know your just trying to be funny!!

Hoghead2

Quote from: Duck12 on October 13, 2018, 01:55:57 pm
Best D line in 5A ? Wow. If they're better than LR McClellans D line they're very good. LRM has MEN on there D Line. Number 91 for McClellan is a beast.

Duck12

Quote from: Hoghead2 on October 14, 2018, 07:50:08 am
Best D line in 5A ? Wow. If they're better than LR McClellans D line they're very good. LRM has MEN on there D Line. Number 91 for McClellan is a beast.

Same here #72 Jerome Spiller is a freak that can take over the game. Against Valley View he got a bogus personal foul for talking the QB to hard (may have been a bit of a suplex lol) then went the next 3 plays with a 2 yard TFL, 4 yard TFL, 8 yard sack.

JessieP

Quote from: Duck12 on October 14, 2018, 09:41:47 am
Same here #72 Jerome Spiller is a freak that can take over the game. Against Valley View he got a bogus personal foul for talking the QB to hard (may have been a bit of a suplex lol) then went the next 3 plays with a 2 yard TFL, 4 yard TFL, 8 yard sack.

Duck, Welcome to the board. You make good points and that's always welcome here. I would say best d-line may be a stretch. Very good, yes. Top 3, yes. But the best still belongs to LRM. I agree that Blytheville should be favored in this game but remember Batesville has already faced what is generally considered the best overall defensive front in the state, all classifications, West Memphis. While Blytheville may very well win, They won't win it through intimidation.

Duck12

Quote from: JessieP on October 14, 2018, 01:23:06 pm
Duck, Welcome to the board. You make good points and that's always welcome here. I would say best d-line may be a stretch. Very good, yes. Top 3, yes. But the best still belongs to LRM. I agree that Blytheville should be favored in this game but remember Batesville has already faced what is generally considered the best overall defensive front in the state, all classifications, West Memphis. While Blytheville may very well win, They won't win it through intimidation.
Thanks no worries. I was just saying Blytheville's D-line in nasty and the best I've seen in the 5A. Batesville always scares me but they are my favorite team to beat in the East. So here's hoping the Chicks can remain composed and the coaches can defuse any meltdowns that may happen next Friday.

MDXPHD

Quote from: JessieP on October 14, 2018, 01:23:06 pm

??? ???

Hogman2018

Blytheville you have no chance against the U of Batesville they are unbeatable!! They invented football!

Lumberjackfan1978

Blytheville just seems to be clicking now I fully expect it to be a good game but I think the chicks win this game

walkingguy72396

The_Pioneer

Missco

I think Spiller will be out this week.

wynnefootballfan

Quote from: Missco on October 15, 2018, 09:44:07 am

If thats the case, the D will have to have some kids step up to fill those shoes. I believe they can. A few Friday nights ago it was all 11 not just one guy.

Duck12

Quote from: Missco on October 15, 2018, 09:44:07 am

Yeah he got heated and got a personal foul at the end of the game. I wasn't sure if he got ejected or the coaches sent him to the locker room early to protect him from himself.

Missco

Yeah, I was at the game. The first personal foul on him was just a good football play.

MDXPHD

JessieP

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 15, 2018, 03:39:28 pm
Ahh of course. Jessie would mention a scrimmage.

What, Are you insinuating that West Memphis shrunk down their d-line for the scrimmage? Do you think they played 2 handed touch? Did WM go half speed? I realize you live to take the confrontational stance on, well on everything. If someone said "I hope everyone had a great Monday", you'd reply "It's Tuesday in New Zealand". The whole point to referencing the scrimmage was to point out that Batesville actually do pretty ok running against WM. Where they killed us was the long run after catch and our inability to cover the pass. Are you following? You see Duck mentioned Blytheville's d-line as being the best, I simply stated Batesville had seen better. Our scrimmage against WM turned out pretty much the same as their game against WM. Both teams got steamrolled.

Hogman2018

Quote from: JessieP on October 15, 2018, 05:18:38 pm
What, Are you insinuating that West Memphis shrunk down their d-line for the scrimmage? Do you think they played 2 handed touch? Did WM go half speed? I realize you live to take the confrontational stance on, well on everything. If someone said "I hope everyone had a great Monday", you'd reply "It's Tuesday in New Zealand". The whole point to referencing the scrimmage was to point out that Batesville actually do pretty ok running against WM. Where they killed us was the long run after catch and our inability to cover the pass. Are you following? You see Duck mentioned Blytheville's d-line as being the best, I simply stated Batesville had seen better. Our scrimmage against WM turned out pretty much the same as their game against WM. Both teams got steamrolled.
Can someone please explain this! All that babbling going on

MDXPHD

Quote from: JessieP on October 15, 2018, 05:18:38 pm

Yawn.

Overdahill

Sorry Jessie but I'm taking the Pioneers this week  ;D

Maynard G Krebs

The altitude may get to those flatland Chickasaws

JacketFan

Quote from: Overdahill on October 17, 2018, 02:06:28 pm
Sorry Jessie but I'm taking the Pioneers this week  ;D
Oh my, did you just bestow the kiss of death on the Pioneers.   ;D ;D ;D

Overdahill

Quote from: JacketFan on October 17, 2018, 03:09:51 pm
Oh my, did you just bestow the kiss of death on the Pioneers.   ;D ;D ;D

:-*

purpleswag

Without the nose guard the neers win. With him the neers get blown out

MDXPHD

Quote from: purpleswag on October 17, 2018, 05:19:57 pm
Without the nose guard the neers win. With him the neers get blown out

Wow. Heck of a player for a 35 point swing. Especially at nose guard

JessieP

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 17, 2018, 05:52:43 pm

;D I was thinking the exact same thing. I'm picturing 6'7, 340 lbs of chiseled muscle. 1% body fat, a 550 lb bench press and a 4.4 40. He could hit a fg from 60 yards no problem and throw a tight spiral 80 yards and land it in a shoe box. That is one heck of a high school football player.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: JessieP on October 17, 2018, 07:06:26 pm
;D I was thinking the exact same thing. I'm picturing 6'7, 340 lbs of chiseled muscle. 1% body fat, a 550 lb bench press and a 4.4 40. He could hit a fg from 60 yards no problem and throw a tight spiral 80 yards and land it in a shoe box. That is one heck of a high school football player.

I modestly blush at your description of my younger self.

pioneer_fella

I think it will be closer than most are expecting. Batesville has looked better as of late and played some new receivers that made big plays last week.

purpleswag

I stand by my post

Overdahill

I remember Jarvis Cooper from West Memphis being highly disruptive when lining up at nose guard (played LB or FB most of the time) but I don't think I could give him credit for a 35 point game swing

MDXPHD

Go Postal

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on October 17, 2018, 07:27:23 pm
I modestly blush at your description of my younger self.

"I was thinking the same thing"

PA Dad

Looks like Batesville is back.  Typical of Batesville in October.

Gravelbar

Quote from: PA Dad on October 19, 2018, 08:13:45 pm
Looks like Batesville is back.  Typical of Batesville in October.
Blytheville may not have any players left for next weeks...unsportsmanlike penalties every other down seems like...

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Gravelbar on October 19, 2018, 08:22:39 pm
Blytheville may not have any players left for next weeks...unsportsmanlike penalties every other down seems like...

They just need to call this game as Blytheville gets yet another unsportsmanlike. This is beyond ridiculous

ImHogginIt

Jesus !!!  Just call the game already.

NEASPORTSFAN

Yellowcake

Way to go Pioneers!!! Hitting stride as the season goes! Just like always!

RunninJoe

Does anyone know how many unsportsmanlike penalties there were?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas