• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Valley View at Blytheville

Started by walkingguy72396, October 07, 2018, 12:42:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

walkingguy72396

Valley View could be the last 5A East play-off team left on Blytheville's schedule.

Valley QB was helped off the field in last Fridays game.  I think he did not play afterward.

Blytheville 35 Valley View 21 if starting VV qb plays.

JacketFan

I think there last game of the regular season against FC will give the Chicks a test.  The referees will be very busy in this violent contest with personal fouls every play.  If Blytheville played with more discipline, I honestly think they would have a shot at WMS this year

JessieP

October 07, 2018, 02:37:28 pm #2 Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 03:59:05 pm by JessieP
Quote from: JacketFan on October 07, 2018, 01:42:25 pm
I think there last game of the regular season against FC will give the Chicks a test.  The referees will be very busy in this violent contest with personal fouls every play.  If Blytheville played with more discipline, I honestly think they would have a shot at WMS this year

I agree Jacket. Blytheville has the athletes but the self destruct impulse is always in play. I saw something last year during the Batesville game that I had never in my life. I was watching the stream and things started getting chippy. A Blytheville and Batesville players got offsetting personal foul calls. The Blytheville player shoved one ref and took a swing at another. Instantly every Blytheville coach sprinted across the field to pull the player out. At the exact same time 3 school resource officers and a few faculty members ran onto the field as well. We've all seen coaches run onto the field to break-up scuffles but never uniformed police and faculty. The fact that they responded so quickly let you know they were on the ready. It was sad and tragic to see. If Blytheville could control that anger they could make some noise.

Overdahill

October 07, 2018, 02:42:48 pm #3 Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 02:46:13 pm by Overdahill
Quote from: JessieP on October 07, 2018, 02:37:28 pm
I agree Jacket. Blytheville has the athletes but the self destruct impulse is always in play. I saw something last year during the Batesville game that I have never in my life seen before. I was watching the stream and things started getting chippy. A Blytheville and Batesville players got offsetting personal foul calls. The Blytheville player shoved one ref and took a swing at another. Instantly every Blytheville coach sprinted across the field to pull the player off the field. At the exact same time 3 school resource offers and 3 or 4 faculty members ran onto the field as well. We've all seen coaches run onto the field to break-up scuffles but never uniformed police and faculty. The fact that they responded so quickly let you know they were on the ready. It was sad and tragic to see. If Blytheville could control that anger they could make some noise.

We used to have bull in the ring drills to deal with anger management issues at practice. Besides being good therapy it was kind of fun for everyone. Of course if we ever swung at a ref we'd gone from the team

JessieP

Quote from: Overdahill on October 07, 2018, 02:42:48 pm
We used to have bull in the ring drills to deal with anger management issues at practice. Besides being good therapy it was kind of fun for everyone. Of course if we ever swung at a ref we'd gone from the team

We're showing our age, we did the exact same drill. And you are spot on, if any of us so much as swore at a ref it was time to turn in your helmet.

Overdahill

Quote from: JessieP on October 07, 2018, 03:56:06 pm
We're showing our age, we did the exact same drill. And you are spot on, if any of us so much as swore at a ref it was time to turn in your helmet.

At least we can blame our posts on CTE  ;D

Grond

Quote from: JessieP on October 07, 2018, 02:37:28 pm
I agree Jacket. Blytheville has the athletes but the self destruct impulse is always in play. I saw something last year during the Batesville game that I had never in my life. I was watching the stream and things started getting chippy. A Blytheville and Batesville players got offsetting personal foul calls. The Blytheville player shoved one ref and took a swing at another. Instantly every Blytheville coach sprinted across the field to pull the player out. At the exact same time 3 school resource officers and a few faculty members ran onto the field as well. We've all seen coaches run onto the field to break-up scuffles but never uniformed police and faculty. The fact that they responded so quickly let you know they were on the ready. It was sad and tragic to see. If Blytheville could control that anger they could make some noise.

In 2014, there was a bench clearing incident at a Paragould/Blytheville game (at Blytheville). With about 4 minutes left in the 4th qtr, and a large Paragould lead, the game was stopped.

After that experience, both schools are better prepared to deal with that type of incident.

Note that the incident in 2014 was under control in 30 seconds. It was overplayed in the Blytheville paper, and completely blown out of proportion by the Jonesboro television station.

wynnefootballfan

heard from a couple Bly fans that this is a pretty good group of kids over all.

After seing them and VV in person it should be Blytheville all night.

Blazer51

MikeDieselâ„¢

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas