• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Congrats Coach Rick Jones on 300 wins

Started by Pr8hd, October 06, 2018, 08:03:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pr8hd

He's not one that is gonna bask in the limelight of it. I don't think he was real happy last night to get a Gatorade bath for it. However, getting 300 wins is a big deal with 168 of those coming here at GW. He has an incredible winning % at GW at almost an 88% clip to go along with the 7 titles his teams have won in Arkansas alone. GW was truly blessed that Barry Lunney recommended GW to him 15 years ago and CRJ took a chance to leave Broken Arrow for GW. Lots of great assistants, dedicated players, etc. all played a role, but make no mistake he's made GW into the program they are today.

Kudos to the The Professor, I am sure he is celebrating that milestone today by being hard at work most of the day, going over film and putting together a game plan for Russellville this week. 

Bigfootdogfan

If I am not mistaken he is only the second High School football coach to achieve this milestone. Correct me if I am wrong. I know Cabot coach Milham almost reached his 300 game last night against Conway but came up just short in OT. I think he will get his 300 win next week against LR Central. Congrats to one of the finest coaches and Christian man I know. I know the whole town of Greenwood is proud of him as well as many many of us that live outside the confines of GW but still love our Bulldogs.

athletic supporter

Frank Mclellan won over 300 games and Malham has won 299. The difference is ALL of their wins came in the state of Arkansas. That is not a shot at Jones. Just explaining the difference.

Bigfootdogfan

Is that kinda like winning all your games with one team instead of several?

athletic supporter

Not really but I'm pretty sure that ALL of Malham's wins have been at Cabot. That is amazing IMO

Bigfootdogfan

Just wonder how many years it took these three coaches to get to this milestone? Great job by all three to just achieve this.

athletic supporter

This is Malham's 37th season (all at Cabot)

This is Jones's 30th season (15th at Greenwood)

HorseFeathers

McClellan won 345 games in 32 years at Barto

HorseFeathers

McClellan won 345 games in 32 years at Barton

HonestAbe20

Malham will hopefully get 300 this coming week.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas