• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mansfield vs Booneville

Started by knownothingboutfallball, October 05, 2018, 10:13:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

knownothingboutfallball

FBGFDRUM

Mansfield is now a serious threat, but Booneville still beats them comfortably.

42-23 Booneville

SportsManiac

Mansfield is the real deal but I'll take Booneville by a couple scores, Booneville looks primed to make a run for it all

beach bum

I agree with the above posters. The Mansfield vs Lamar game is turning into what could be quite the matchup! No shame if Booneville takes this one easily. Mansfield should not let a loss to the Cats drag down the rest of what could be a great season if they get the critical one vs Lamar down the stretch. Teams like Mansfield and Lamar stepping up big this season are making for a fun conference to follow.

Warriors023

In my opinion, all it would take for either Mansfield or Lamar to beat booneville would be one off half. These 3 teams are all in the top of the conference and also some of the best in the state. All those games are going to be great ones. However, I'll take booneville by 14

P.F.G.

Booneville by 2 scores. Wouldn't shock me though if it went larger in either side. Mansfield can hit some big plays but need to get some serious stops in order for this team to pull it off. Both teams are well coached so you never know. Hope everyone stays healthy and we see a great game.

TRH

This is Hooten's pick for 3A game of the week.
Hooten's picked the Bearcats by 9.

DnA Prostaff

After the tough first half against Greenland, I expect the Cats to be ready to roll.  Booneville by 3 scores

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: TRH on October 09, 2018, 09:20:16 am
This is Hooten's pick for 3A game of the week.
Hooten's picked the Bearcats by 9.

Surprised it is that little.

macadoshis

I still can't wrap my head around Mansfield being this good.  I'm super excited for the team and I for the community.  I can't remember the last time the Red Tigers were in the conference title talk.  This week will tell alot about this team.  They are not intimidated by the big name teams after what they did to Charleston. I don't think they have enough to hang with the Bearcats but I'm anxious to see if they fight all the way to the end and keep it respectable. 

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: P.F.G. on October 08, 2018, 02:40:20 pm
Bneed to get some serious stops in order for this team to pull it off.

If they don't stop the fullback, it's all over. That has been Booneville's system since Job's turkey was a poult.

TRH

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on October 09, 2018, 11:49:20 am
If they don't stop the fullback, it's all over. That has been Booneville's system since Job's turkey was a poult.

I know that Booneville's Fullback is averaging 100+ yards per game, but I'm convinced that Mansfield can fill the gaps up the middle that he would run through. It's the stuff out on the edges that concerns me the most.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: TRH on October 09, 2018, 12:22:28 pm
I know that Booneville's Fullback is averaging 100+ yards per game, but I'm convinced that Mansfield can fill the gaps up the middle that he would run through. It's the stuff out on the edges that concerns me the most.

If you can shut down Option #1, you have a chance.

TRH

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on October 09, 2018, 12:26:52 pm
If you can shut down Option #1, you have a chance.

With the kid coming from Booneville, having the last name of "Ray" and playing fullback, is it safe to assume that he's related to Gator? lol

AlumniLights

MICHAELSPAPPY

I think it is safe to say that if Mansfield were able to pull this off, it would be the biggest upset win in their history.

1. Can the coaching staff make them believe they can do it?
2. Can they stay close enough to Booneville early in order to make them doubt a little?
3. If they can create the doubt, can they close out the game?

Stay tuned. It is a long shot at best, but stranger things have happened. (Iceland did beat England in soccer a few years back, and that was a bigger upset than this would be.)

nastynice

Cats swarm em early and often.   Stovall throws 3 INT on the night.  Runs for his life all night.  Cats by 28. 

Cats 48
Tigers 20

AlumniLights

WPWells

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on October 09, 2018, 02:20:04 pm
Iceland did beat England in soccer a few years back, and that was a bigger upset than this would be.

Not true.

CatPride

Mansfield has done everything right so far, but I think Booneville makes a statement Friday night.

gameoflife

Mansfield haveing a nice season and I'm sure they are happy.  I think Booneville will be too much but I expect Mansfield to put up a good fight. Booneville by 21 in the end.

TRH

Quote from: nastynice on October 09, 2018, 02:39:13 pm
Cats swarm em early and often.   Stovall throws 3 INT on the night.  Runs for his life all night.  Cats by 28. 

Cats 48
Tigers 20

Well, considering that Stovall has only thrown 2 Int's. through the first 6 games, it's unlikely that he's going to make that many mistakes in a single game.
If Mansfield's defense can make Booneville's offense work for everything that they get for all 4 quarters, I like the Red Tigers chances.
Win or lose, I would expect Mansfield to compete hard and give Booneville their toughest test of the season.
Mansfield 30
Booneville 28

CatPride

Quote from: TRH on October 11, 2018, 10:06:58 am
Well, considering that Stovall has only thrown 2 Int's. through the first 6 games, it's unlikely that he's going to make that many mistakes in a single game.
If Mansfield's defense can make Booneville's offense work for everything that they get for all 4 quarters, I like the Red Tigers chances.
Win or lose, I would expect Mansfield to compete hard and give Booneville their toughest test of the season.
Mansfield 30
Booneville 28

Hitting the sauce a little early today???

TRH

Quote from: CatPride on October 11, 2018, 10:13:52 am
Hitting the sauce a little early today???

I guess we'll see who's "hitting the sauce". Me early, or Bearcats fans shortly after our game ends. And here's to an injury free contest.

OLDSCHOOL82

Hope my cats can hang with the red tiggers!  Take it easy on us!

TRH

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on October 11, 2018, 10:21:41 am
Hope my cats can hang with the red tiggers!  Take it easy on us!
I do realize that Booneville is a top notch program and that Mansfield has been down far more often than they have been on top, but this isn't "most years". I'm not 100% sure that Mansfield will win this contest, but with the exception of this game I'm confident that the Red Tigers should win out.
And Booneville MAY win, but for the first time this season they'll know what it's like to have to work for it for 4 quarters.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: TRH on October 11, 2018, 10:32:53 am
I do realize that Booneville is a top notch program and that Mansfield has been down far more often than they have been on top, but this isn't "most years". I'm not 100% sure that Mansfield will win this contest, but with the exception of this game I'm confident that the Red Tigers should win out.
And Booneville MAY win, but for the first time this season they'll know what it's like to have to work for it for 4 quarters.

I hope so.  Unfortunately for you, the cats are coming off a crappy half of lazy football and are ready to roll.  Realistically...I just don't see it.  Maybe we can put up as much a fight as Hackett did!!

AlumniLights

This ain't your daddy's Red Tigers OLDSCHOOL!

TRH

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on October 11, 2018, 10:35:39 am
I hope so.  Unfortunately for you, the cats are coming off a crappy half of lazy football and are ready to roll.  Realistically...I just don't see it.  Maybe we can put up as much a fight as Hackett did!!

Hackett wasnt that tough, it was the first game of the season and it took most of that game to get the kinks worked out.
I can only hope that your team is as overconfident as their fans seem to be.
You watched the Booneville vs. Greenland game and you see lazy football on your Bearcats part. I watched the replay on the hudl and I see a Greenland defense doing a LOT of sloppy arm tackling.
Our offense is better than Greenland's and our defense will fight until the final whistle blows.
This should be a great game and when it's over, win or lose most posters on here will have a new found respect for this Red Tiger football team.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: AlumniLights on October 11, 2018, 10:47:25 am
This ain't your daddy's Red Tigers OLDSCHOOL!

Don't talk about my daddy!

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: TRH on October 11, 2018, 10:49:07 am
Hackett wasnt that tough, it was the first game of the season and it took most of that game to get the kinks worked out.
I can only hope that your team is as overconfident as their fans seem to be.
You watched the Booneville vs. Greenland game and you see lazy football on your Bearcats part. I watched the replay on the hudl and I see a Greenland defense doing a LOT of sloppy arm tackling.
Our offense is better than Greenland's and our defense will fight until the final whistle blows.
This should be a great game and when it's over, win or lose most posters on here will have a new found respect for this Red Tiger football team.

-It was Hackett. 
-Im sure they are because all teams perform based on the ability of the towns posters.
-Glad you see that.  Good breakdown.
-Do yall just fight the entire time...like don't even stop for each whistle?
-Hope so.

Really just hope I can see some of the game with the stands on the visitors side..get that crap fixed!!

Carljung

Mansfield pulls the upset in this one.

elmerfudd

I really do hope this is a good game, meaning competitive enough to keep it interesting until the end. That being said, TRH, I'm seriously concerned for your health....being shocked, "and I mean shocked", for the second week in a row is not good for one's heart.

knownothingboutfallball

The red tigers are about to see a physical offense and defensive of lines.

CatPride

Quote from: Carljung on October 11, 2018, 11:33:07 am
Mansfield pulls the upset in this one.
That's some funny stuff.. I think you and TRH have been sharing the same bottle..

High Voltage

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on October 11, 2018, 11:31:10 am
-It was Hackett. 
-Im sure they are because all teams perform based on the ability of the towns posters.
-Glad you see that.  Good breakdown.
-Do yall just fight the entire time...like don't even stop for each whistle?
-Hope so.

Really just hope I can see some of the game with the stands on the visitors side..get that crap fixed!!
Thought this game was at Booneville?

High Voltage

After doing a little bit of research on this series, a couple of notes.

Last Time Mansfield beat Booneville was 1980.
Mansfield has not came within 30 points of Booneville since.

This is apparently not your typical Mansfield team though. Smash Mouth (Booneville) vs. Spread (Mansfield).

I think Booneville is in for a slight surprise.

I think coaching makes a difference here.
Booneville - 35
Mansfield - 28

CatPride

Quote from: High Voltage on October 11, 2018, 12:34:22 pm

This is apparently not your typical Mansfield team though. Smash Mouth (Booneville) vs. Spread (Mansfield).

Booneville - 35
Mansfield - 28
Not entirely true. Booneville won 48-25 in 2014.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: High Voltage on October 11, 2018, 12:30:38 pm
Thought this game was at Booneville?

Oops!! Correct.. tonights games are @ Mansfield!!

High Voltage

Quote from: CatPride on October 11, 2018, 12:41:11 pm
Not entirely true. Booneville won 48-25 in 2014.
Guess I missed one.

TRH

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on October 11, 2018, 12:51:43 pm
Yeah, unless your vision is something spectacular, your view of this years game will be worse than usual from the Mansfield visitors bleachers, but you should have your choice of seating locations.  lol

xadboy

Quote from: TRH on October 11, 2018, 01:10:45 pm
Yeah, unless your vision is something spectacular, your view of this years game will be worse than usual from the Mansfield visitors bleachers, but you should have your choice of seating locations.  lol
It's like watching the game on a 13 inch TV from across the room.

TRH

Quote from: xadboy on October 11, 2018, 02:44:07 pm
It's like watching the game on a 13 inch TV from across the room.

Yes, I've never seen a visitors set of bleachers that far away from the actual field.  lol

knownothingboutfallball

Quote from: TRH on October 11, 2018, 03:05:04 pm
Yes, I've never seen a visitors set of bleachers that far away from the actual field.  lol
Atleast there is a vistor side I remember when there was only one side

mhs85grad

October 11, 2018, 04:34:20 pm #44 Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 07:06:12 pm by mhs85grad
Quote from: High Voltage on October 11, 2018, 12:34:22 pm

Booneville - 35
Mansfield - 28

Your research wasn't very good concerning point spreads. I graduated from Mansfield in 1985. My junior year we lost to the Bearcats by 24-7 (or something close to that), and 21-0 my Senior year.

gold45

Quote from: TRH on October 09, 2018, 12:41:54 pm
With the kid coming from Booneville, having the last name of "Ray" and playing fullback, is it safe to assume that he's related to Gator? lol

That would be his son.

P.F.G.

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on October 11, 2018, 12:51:43 pm

With this rain coming down this will help Booneville. Mansfield's field tends to just trap water in.

TRH

Quote from: P.F.G. on October 12, 2018, 09:52:35 am
With this rain coming down this will help Booneville. Mansfield's field tends to just trap water in.

The game is at Booneville.

FlyHigh04

Will there be anyway to stream the game?

elmerfudd

Quote from: FlyHigh04 on October 12, 2018, 03:05:54 pm
Will there be anyway to stream the game?

The Booneville broadcast is on 94.5.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas