• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The 2 biggest question marks in the 5A

Started by JessieP, October 03, 2018, 01:10:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JessieP

October 03, 2018, 01:10:21 pm Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 01:26:51 pm by JessieP
After 5 games the lay of the land is coming more into focus and the biggest unknowns to PA's throne seem to be Texarkana and Harrison. Harrison is on a slow steady climb to the top and Texarkana is playing down a classification, they did well in the 6A. The suspects usually in the conversation are LRM? can win it all but they find a way to self destruct. Wynne and Batesville? not this year. LRCA? will ALWAYS be PA's bridesmaid. Morrilton, Blytheville and Parkview? get exposed in conference play. Can Texarkana cruise to WMS? Can Harrison continue the 3 year "Getting better every week" climb?

the voice

Morrilton got exposed in conference play ?? No sir I beg to differ. Morrilton is on the way up. The east teams you may know. But don't include the devil dogs in there. They exposed greenbrier last week , could be more also.

JessieP

Quote from: the voice on October 03, 2018, 01:55:17 pm
Morrilton got exposed in conference play ?? No sir I beg to differ. Morrilton is on the way up. The east teams you may know. But don't include the devil dogs in there. They exposed greenbrier last week , could be more also.

I said get, not got. Get references the currant and future tense. I'm basing that on the past couple years. Get not got. Still a lot of football yet to be played.

Overdahill

Quote from: JessieP on October 03, 2018, 01:10:21 pm
After 5 games the lay of the land is coming more into focus and the biggest unknowns to PA's throne seem to be Texarkana and Harrison. Harrison is on a slow steady climb to the top and Texarkana is playing down a classification, they did well in the 6A. The suspects usually in the conversation are LRM? can win it all but they find a way to self destruct. Wynne and Batesville? not this year. LRCA? will ALWAYS be PA's bridesmaid. Morrilton, Blytheville and Parkview? get exposed in conference play. Can Texarkana cruise to WMS? Can Harrison continue the 3 year "Getting better every week" climb?

Game between LR McClellan and Texarkana should provide some insight when it happens. I think they are the main contenders

JacketFan

Very good questions brought up here, and I think we may have a little better insight come Friday nite.  If Coach Fisher at Blytheville can bang some discipline into those players, the chicks are gonna shock a lot of people this year.

STBruin

Quote from: Overdahill on October 03, 2018, 03:37:15 pm
Game between LR McClellan and Texarkana should provide some insight when it happens. I think they are the main contenders

I agree...

the voice

Quote from: JessieP on October 03, 2018, 02:50:55 pm
I said get, not got. Get references the currant and future tense. I'm basing that on the past couple years. Get not got. Still a lot of football yet to be played.
Gotcha, I don't see the devil dogs losing again in regular season , barring another injury or set back of course.

MDXPHD

Harrison isn't a question. They're the same old story. A West team who looks good until the playoffs. Yawn.

JessieP

Quote from: JacketFan on October 03, 2018, 04:36:27 pm
Very good questions brought up here, and I think we may have a little better insight come Friday nite.  If Coach Fisher at Blytheville can bang some discipline into those players, the chicks are gonna shock a lot of people this year.

That is exactly why I had them in the "also rans". They can put together 40 minutes of dominating physical football and then someone will take a swing at a ref or they'll get 3 personal foul calls back to back to back. Your point is spot on, they could go far if they had a staff with a zero tolerance policy. A lot of anger in Blytheville.

PA Dad

Quote from: Overdahill on October 03, 2018, 03:37:15 pm

I disagree with one caveat.  The caveat is Criswell.  If he returns I think Morrilton is the biggest threat to dethrone PA.

beach bum

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 03, 2018, 05:54:57 pm
Harrison isn't a question. They're the same old story. A West team who looks good until the playoffs. Yawn.

Can't this be said about 31 of the 32 teams in 5A? All the ones not named Pulaski Academy?

Yellowcake

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 03, 2018, 05:54:57 pm

Disagree. Harrison won't lose in the regular season and win at least 2 playoff games.

So let it be written......

Pantherdaddy

Quote from: PA Dad on October 03, 2018, 10:08:00 pm
I disagree with one caveat.  The caveat is Criswell.  If he returns I think Morrilton is the biggest threat to dethrone PA.

so is there a good chance he plays?

makessense

Quote from: Yellowcake on October 03, 2018, 10:37:03 pm
Disagree. Harrison won't lose in the regular season and win at least 2 playoff games.

....so let it be done. Yellowcake has spoken!

Overdahill

Quote from: PA Dad on October 03, 2018, 10:08:00 pm

I assumed he wasn't coming back this season. I had MoTown as my pre-season #1 so I hear ya

MDXPHD

Quote from: Yellowcake on October 03, 2018, 10:37:03 pm

We all know how your last bold statement turned out! I'd be upset if I was Harrison and you made this prediction.

Chief_Osceola™

Which of the half-dozen questions in the OP are the 2 biggest?

JessieP

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on October 04, 2018, 02:42:31 pm
Which of the half-dozen questions in the OP are the 2 biggest?

The two teams are Harrison and Texarkana. The two teams named in the first and last sentence. The two teams that were specifically named, those two. When the post began with "biggest unknowns to PA's throne seem to be Texarkana and Harrison" and then ended with the same two teams (Harrison and Texarkana) being named again. Not the other teams referred to as usual suspects. Again, the two teams explained twice in the post, Harrison and Texarkana.

Chief_Osceola™

October 04, 2018, 06:48:26 pm #18 Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 06:50:35 pm by Chief_Osceola™
Quote from: JessieP on October 04, 2018, 03:20:54 pm
The two teams are Harrison and Texarkana. The two teams named in the first and last sentence. The two teams that were specifically named, those two. When the post began with "biggest unknowns to PA's throne seem to be Texarkana and Harrison" and then ended with the same two teams (Harrison and Texarkana) being named again. Not the other teams referred to as usual suspects. Again, the two teams explained twice in the post, Harrison and Texarkana.

Bro I'm just messing with ya. There were a lot of question marks in the OP.  Maybe it's just me, but you seem a little more tightly wound this fall.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on October 04, 2018, 06:48:26 pm
Bro I'm just messing with ya. There were a lot of question marks in the OP.  Maybe it's just me, but you seem a little more tightly wound this fall.

He's sometimes a little sensitive. Be careful.

Overdahill

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 04, 2018, 07:29:15 pm
He's sometimes a little sensitive. Be careful.

yep, don't want to get hit with a yellowstream

Chief_Osceola™

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas