• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Conway @ Cabot

Started by Neutral guy, October 01, 2018, 03:28:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Neutral guy

IAFLAR7

Could get ugly, but I hope the coach gets his 300th sometime. I'm saying against Central he will get it.

Walter

I would hate to see him go without it. I don't believe Conway will be his 300.

thebigshot

Conway wins!!! They are playing for the "Bank Bowl" trophy that weighs over 320lbs along with a championship belt. I don't see Cabot winning this one, Conway will air it out

InYoGrill

Malham will have to wait another week for #300.

Neutral guy

Looks like no one will be beating NLR this year. Was hoping either Conway or Cabot might play for 2nd this year in central...but not the case either.  I say the winner ofthis game goes on to get the 4 seed out of the central, and loser 5th.  Looks like Conway is over-achieving a bit, and Cabot under-achieving.....

Rob Van Winkle

October 04, 2018, 01:38:03 pm #6 Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 01:57:32 pm by Rob Van Winkle
Quote from: Neutral guy on October 04, 2018, 01:32:28 pm
Looks like no one will be beating NLR this year. Was hoping either Conway or Cabot might play for 2nd this year in central...but not the case either.  I say the winner ofthis game goes on to get the 4 seed out of the central, and loser 5th.  Looks like Conway is over-achieving a bit, and Cabot under-achieving.....
How does Cabot get the 5 seed if they lose? They may not even make the playoffs since they have already lost to Catholic and FSSS

IAFLAR7

Quote from: Rob Van Winkle on October 04, 2018, 01:38:03 pm
How does Cabot get the 5 seed if they lose? They may not even make the playoffs since they have already lost to Catholic and FSSS
Well, since the above statement completely omitted Bryant I'm thinking his seeding calculations were off a little.

Rob Van Winkle

Quote from: IAFLAR7 on October 04, 2018, 09:57:34 pm
Well, since the above statement completely omitted Bryant I'm thinking his seeding calculations were off a little.
Yeah my thoughts as well. I listed FSSS and Catholic because I think they will be the 5 and 6 seeds so Cabot will have to beat one of the top 4 to have a chance at making the playoffs which at this point seems unlikely.

Air Raider

Quote from: Rob Van Winkle on October 05, 2018, 09:08:58 am
Yeah my thoughts as well. I listed FSSS and Catholic because I think they will be the 5 and 6 seeds so Cabot will have to beat one of the top 4 to have a chance at making the playoffs which at this point seems unlikely.

Yep.  Malham goes out with 300 wins and most likely not 301 and possibly not even a playoff spot in his last season.   

If the remaining teams stack the box knowing that we not only won't do anything different (while expecting different results - wait isn't that insanity  ;D), he may not even get 300. Although I can't see LR Central beating us, but stranger things have happened, and that's not a very impressive 300th win. 

It's sad, but most folks (even with those playing) just want this season to be over so Cabot can move forward with long overdue changes.

PressBox-81

October 05, 2018, 11:35:44 pm #10 Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 11:39:22 pm by WC-soccer dad
Conway pulls it out in overtime. This had to the strangest officated game I have ever witnessed. They could not figure out or agree on spots for both teams. Both team made bad fouls that deserved to be flagged but holding by both teams in front  of line judge and not called. However, the topper was in overtime when Conway stopped Cabot on fourth down and then took over. Conway finally punches it in with QB run and dive into end zone.  Soooo game over right, Noooo, they made both teams clear the field and Conway was told that they had to attempt the extra point. Even Coach M came  out and said hey  game over let's go home. Always thought in OT you score and the other doesn't no need for the extra point.

Air Raider

I won't say we got out-coached, but you can put this loss squarely back on our coaches.  Which is often the case around here. When you are up 21-7 and it's 4th and 2 on your own 29 yard line, the best decision is probably go ahead and punt and see if you can flip the field. We didn't, turned the ball over on downs, Conway takes it in and the momentum shifted.
Also, although it's nothing new for us, playing man defense and lining your defensive backs 8 yards off the receiver they are supposed to cover, has never been effective, and will NOT ever be effective. One of the crazier things I have watched here, but it hurt bad last night.

snake16

In conference game overtime, the PAT is done for Tie Breaker points and conference seeding.   The officials were correct in having the PAT attempted.   

STBruin

Quote from: Air Raider on October 06, 2018, 05:28:29 pm
I won't say we got out-coached, but you can put this loss squarely back on our coaches.  Which is often the case around here. When you are up 21-7 and it's 4th and 2 on your own 29 yard line, the best decision is probably go ahead and punt and see if you can flip the field. We didn't, turned the ball over on downs, Conway takes it in and the momentum shifted.
Also, although it's nothing new for us, playing man defense and lining your defensive backs 8 yards off the receiver they are supposed to cover, has never been effective, and will NOT ever be effective. One of the crazier things I have watched here, but it hurt bad last night.

Know this is Arkansas football sacrilege...but best thing for Cabot...is Malham retiring...

Walter

True or not I would bet several people from Cabot would disagree.

thebigshot

Cabot really needs a change, its been the same for the last 38 years. It's time to bring the offense up to date and bring in a passing attack offense that will allow the offense to be well balance and not be an offense based on running the football all the time.

francocat

Quote from: WC-soccer dad on October 05, 2018, 11:35:44 pm
Conway pulls it out in overtime. This had to the strangest officated game I have ever witnessed. They could not figure out or agree on spots for both teams. Both team made bad fouls that deserved to be flagged but holding by both teams in front  of line judge and not called. However, the topper was in overtime when Conway stopped Cabot on fourth down and then took over. Conway finally punches it in with QB run and dive into end zone.  Soooo game over right, Noooo, they made both teams clear the field and Conway was told that they had to attempt the extra point. Even Coach M came  out and said hey  game over let's go home. Always thought in OT you score and the other doesn't no need for the extra point.

The officiating was horrible. I will admit the I am biased to the Cats, but I would be surprised if the penalty count/yards weren't swayed significantly to the favor of Cabot. It  looked like the officials wanted to tell their great grandchildren that they called the 300th. That said, Conway's false starts by the WR's were very frustrating & obvious. Cabot was clearly short of the goal line on the 4th down in OT (per replay), but I'm shocked Conway got that call. Big win for the Cats!

rammer

Conway really focused on stopping the run (as any smart team playing Cabot should) and Cabot actually scored 3 touchdowns via passing. I don't think I have ever seen 3 touchdown passes by Cabot in a game. But, in overtime, I think it was 3 runs up the middle and 1 run wide. Came up 1 yard short. Ballgame.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas