• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Week 3 of conf play... Harber at Springdale

Started by Razorback Red, October 01, 2018, 09:22:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorback Red

In an overall pretty weak schedule for good matchups this week, this one stands out.  Both teams are 1-1 in conf play.

Can Springdale take that next step?  If so, it starts on Friday night.  HB will not go down to their cross-town rival without a fight. 

I think this game will be closer than some think, but I'll go Sdale by 10. 

The Future

I'm also leaning towards taking Springdale in a close one.
Will be a great game

HarBer Dad

I would have to say Sdale should be favored based on experience level in key positions.  Probably best chance to beat HB since first year HB played varsity.  HB is getting some players back so should be close game.  I think whoever best handles the emotions and keeps their composure comes out on top. 

5tooldad

Har-Ber has been so emotionally undisciplined this year.   It's been embarrassing to watch.   With the defectors to Springdale I can't imagine this game will be any different.  Unsportsmanlike penalty over/under for Har-Ber I'd put at 4.   There are some quality kids on that team and it is a shame to see how Woods has let the troublemakers overshadow (and cost) the quality kids.   Go Dogs!  Springdale by 10. 

HarBer Dad

Quote from: 5tooldad on October 01, 2018, 09:45:01 pm
Har-Ber has been so emotionally undisciplined this year.   It's been embarrassing to watch.   With the defectors to Springdale I can't imagine this game will be any different.  Unsportsmanlike penalty over/under for Har-Ber I'd put at 4.   There are some quality kids on that team and it is a shame to see how Woods has let the troublemakers overshadow (and cost) the quality kids.   Go Dogs!  Springdale by 10.

It has been a long 12 years for the bulldog faithful  ;)

TheDale

It is going to be a huge game. There will be a lot of emotions on the field tonight. I expect some animosity from HB toward the players who left for Springdale. That will add some heat to an already pretty heated rivalry game. I think that Allen, Sanders, and Pounders are going to play better tonight than they have all season (which is saying something, they've all been phenominal)

It'll be a packed house tonight. Hopefully the Dogs can get points in the redzone this week. That killed the Bulldogs last week as Clark seemed to refuse to take a FG besides to end the half.

I'd take the Dogs at -7.5! Can't wait!

Brian G

Pretty interesting game on several levels.  I think the players are going to handle it better than some adults.  The whole rivalry will amp up another notch if Springdale can break through.

The rivalry is healthy is you let foster itself the right way.  I know some admin would like the play up this "one town one community" but few buy it.

I'll go Springdale 36-31

HarBer Dad

Quote from: B.G. on October 05, 2018, 01:30:27 pm
Pretty interesting game on several levels.  I think the players are going to handle it better than some adults.  The whole rivalry will amp up another notch if Springdale can break through.

The rivalry is healthy is you let foster itself the right way.  I know some admin would like the play up this "one town one community" but few buy it.

I'll go Springdale 36-31
I think you would consider this a rivalry only because they are cross-town schools.  Hard to get too excited about a game that has been so one lopsided almost from the beginning.  This year is obviously different because of the HB players who transferred to Springdale.  It should be pretty interesting game and competitive.  Still you can't help wonder where the two teams would be if the HB players had stayed put.  The game would probably be as one-sided to HB as it has the past 11 years.  Plus, next year the transfers will have all graduated while most of HB's best players will be back.

I wish Sdale luck this year.  The HB players who transferred are all good quality young men and deserve success.  Just sorry they were not able to find it wearing Blue.  GoCats!

TheDale

Quote from: HarBer Dad on October 05, 2018, 03:38:57 pm
Still you can't help wonder where the two teams would be if the HB players had stayed put.  The game would probably be as one-sided to HB as it has the past 11 years.

Yeah, Springdale has been feeling the same way for the last 11 years. Sure didn't hear a peep about it from anybody on the West Side before when the players were going West 🙃

The Future

What a game!! I'm so glad I tuned in and caught the final quarter after the Greenwood game ended.
Congrats Springdale.

TigerHawg

I listened on the radio since the Bville games have no radio presence.
Seemed like a great game to be at. Never saw that comeback coming.
Congrats to the Bulldogs!

Rob Van Winkle

October 08, 2018, 08:37:14 am #11 Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 09:31:32 am by Rob Van Winkle
Quote from: B.G. on October 05, 2018, 01:30:27 pm

I'll go Springdale 36-31
Spot on post BG. Kids handled this situation much better than the adults, myself included.

And the "one town one community" is just not reality but what do you expect when you add schools. Bentonville and Rogers do not promote  their schools like this and neither did Fort Smith when they split. It is just a part of what happens as these towns grow and split. Harber should dominate because they have arguably the best junior high feeder system in the state with Central and Southwest. Lakeside and George are getting better and that will help Springdale continue to get better down the road but in order to have short-term success SHS needs help with kids coming over or moving in. Long term things will even out with the improvement from the SHS feeder schools just like what happened when Southside finally broke through.

It was electric at the stadium Friday night and reminded me of the 2015 Harber-Fayetteville game (not the state championship  ;))

HarBer Dad

Quote from: Rob Van Winkle on October 08, 2018, 08:37:14 am
Spot on post BG. Kids handled this situation much better than the adults, myself included.

And the "one town one community" is just not reality but what do you expect when you add schools. Bentonville and Rogers do not promote  their schools like this and neither did Fort Smith when they split. It is just a part of what happens as these towns grow and split. Harber should dominate because they have arguably the best junior high feeder system in the state with Central and Southwest. Lakeside and George are getting better and that will help Springdale continue to get better down the road but in order to have short-term success SHS needs help with kids coming over or moving in. Long term things will even out with the improvement from the SHS feeder schools just like what happened when Southside finally broke through.

It was electric at the stadium Friday night and reminded me of the 2015 Harber-Fayetteville game (not the state championship  ;))
I second Rob's assessment.  Atmosphere was electric and the game was an instant classic.  Kid's did well.  No cheap shots, composure kept on the field by both teams.  One of those games when you kinda wish nobody had to lose, but that's not the way the real world works.  Time to move on and finish the season strong.  Both teams have some challenging games coming up but based on what I saw Friday, both teams could be making some noise in the playoffs. 

Congrats to the Dogs, new streak starts next year  ;D

businesstron

Harber should probably keep Burns at running back.   He had like 319 yards rushing.

Brian G

In an unrelated item, I'm against kids being academically ineligible at one school but can transfer to another and become suddenly okay.

Rob Van Winkle

Quote from: B.G. on October 09, 2018, 04:52:54 pm
In an unrelated item, I'm against kids being academically ineligible at one school but can transfer to another and become suddenly okay.
I have heard some things about that transfer you are referring to. Apparently he is eligible now but may not have been earlier in the season.

Brian G

Quote from: Rob Van Winkle on October 09, 2018, 04:58:23 pm
I have heard some things about that transfer you are referring to. Apparently he is eligible now but may not have been earlier in the season.
I'm speaking hypothetically and not specifically.

But kids don't normally become eligible on a grades basis in the middle of semesters.

AT

Have not watched any 7A ball this year except Springdale and Van Buren against Alma.

Is Fayetteville the favorite with their QB in the West?

Has the Central passed the West in supremacy at least by perception?

Brian G

I'd say they are even this year with maybe a slight lean to the Central.

I'd make NLR a slight favorite at the moment to win the whole thing.

As far as BHS v FHS, even as a FHS alum I can't say they should be favored this week. 

Rob Van Winkle

Quote from: B.G. on October 09, 2018, 05:18:12 pm
I'm speaking hypothetically and not specifically.

But kids don't normally become eligible on a grades basis in the middle of semesters.
Gotcha but I did hear that a kid changed schools during the summer and was not eligible at his old school then became eligible at the other school. Apparently there is something now where kids can take certain classes and meet certain criteria during a semester and possibly become eligible.

francocat

Quote from: B.G. on October 09, 2018, 07:47:42 pm
I'd say they are even this year with maybe a slight lean to the Central.

I'd make NLR a slight favorite at the moment to win the whole thing.

As far as BHS v FHS, even as a FHS alum I can't say they should be favored this week.

Slight lean to the Central is probably accurate. However, unless about 20 players suddenly become unavailable, NLR is the over-whelming favorite to run the table.

Brian G

I learned a long time ago, championship games are not always predictable.  Were discussing the same thing just semantically different.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas